• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Kaizer said:
I'm not seeing where I'm supposed to recruiting new assassins. I've been ignoring the story and just conquering Templar Dens but I'm not seeing any places or people where I'm supposed to get new assassins besides the one you get in the tutorial mission.

After learning about defending/raiding dens, I'm pretty sure there's one story mission you NEED to complete before recruitable citizens appear on the map.

K' Dash

I started this yesterday after finishing Batman, wich disappointed me to no end :( I hope this is at least equally fun and gorgeus as the last games.

Irish

Oh man... this might be the only AC game that I rank above AC1... not quite there yet, but I am getting giddy at the thought.

(Desmond and Ezio both look way better than their Brohood/ACII models. Desmond doesn't look as good as he did in 1 though. Not yet.)

hank_tree

Just finished this a few minutes ago. The second half of the game is way better than the first half. I only did 3 tower defense missions thankfully.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ultron87 said:
I think the Ezio model actually looks great when he has his hood down. It only looks a little weird with it up.

So... the (head) model only looks great when you can't see it? :p

I think all the character models, at least their faces, look TERRIBLE in this game compared to the last few. They looked washed out and janky. No one else feels this way?

LiK

RoninChaos said:
I think all the character models, at least their faces, look TERRIBLE in this game compared to the last few. They looked washed out and janky. No one else feels this way?
Not really. Lucy's face in Brotherhood was really janky.

You can't tell me that the guy sitting by the door in Musyaf or however it's spelled, didn't look TERRIBLE? Most every one I've run into looks like they're on something except for the Assassin's leader in Istanbul.

Finally have all the dens under control and have all my assassins and have bought all the shops. What a fucking hassle. I'm still in sequence three.

I realize that Ubisoft tweaked the notoriety mechanic to encourage players to try den defense...but stop. Don't bring it back. I don't want to play it. I had enough of it after playing it in the tutorial.

rataven

RoninChaos said:
I think some of the secondary characters look quite good - Sofia, Yusuf, etc. But I agree our three leads are worse for wear. Ezio does look much better with his hood off though.

ultron87

Hollywood Duo said:
I could really do without Den Defense as being mandatory. I shouldn't have to play a certain way to avoid a time consuming mini-game.

You can really just let the den be in the "Contested" state and it doesn't really penalize you in any way I can see. When you finally need to take it back to install an assassin there you can just purposefully fail the defense and kill the captain again.

Though I have to say, the coward captains are incredibly annoying.

LiK

Hollywood Duo said:
I could really do without Den Defense as being mandatory. I shouldn't have to play a certain way to avoid a time consuming mini-game.
They're not mandatory. Andyou can just fail and retake the Den the old fashion way.

rataven said:
I think some of the secondary characters look quite good - Sofia, Yusuf, etc. But I agree our three leads are worse for wear. Ezio does look much better with his hood off though.

I agree. Yusuf might be the best character model I've seen in an AC game. He looks really, really good.

Ezio and Desmond, on the other hand, yuck.

Hixx

I was expecting some sort of pay off at the end of the Desmond sections. Didn't learn anything new, weren't really interesting to play and a disinteresting 'reward' at the end. I'd go as far as to say I preferred jumping out of the Animus in AC1.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
HixxSAFC said:
I was expecting some sort of pay off at the end of the Desmond sections. Didn't learn anything new, weren't really interesting to play and a disinteresting 'reward' at the end. I'd go as far as to say I preferred jumping out of the Animus in AC1.
Yeah I thought the same thing.
I mentioned it in the spoilers thread about that, but no one replied, so I'll try here
Did you notice that the last 2 "portals" in the Animus island, who were broken during the regular game, are fixed after the credits roll? Is there something to it?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Go back and play AC2 to see how much the characters have improved.

Yusuf, Sophia, the Templar leader from the start of the game, Al Mualin, etc., many look really great.

AC2's were awful except for Borgia. In ACB the two Borgias were very nice.

Hixx

Blimblim said:
I mentioned it in the spoilers thread about that, but no one replied, so I'll try here
Did you notice that the last 2 "portals" in the Animus island, who were broken during the regular game, are fixed after the credits roll? Is there something to it?

I've not finished the main game yet so I don't know. Have you collected all 100 data fragments, too?

So I hate to be that guy, but I can't decide between PS3 and 360 version. I've always played the PS3 versions but now I have a 360 and those versions have looked/run better in past entries. Is it the same this time around?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I actually sort of like the Den Defense segments. My only real issue with them is Ezio's skewed perspective, since that makes it more difficult to place your defenders and the barricades. Just got an "unlock" where my barricades can shoot Greek Fire, so I'm going to see if that makes it easier to kill the damn siege engine.

LiK

PaddyOCanager said:
So I hate to be that guy, but I can't decide between PS3 and 360 version. I've always played the PS3 versions but now I have a 360 and those versions have looked/run better in past entries. Is it the same this time around?
Personally, I always went with 360 for better performance. I haven't read if Revelations has any major differences between consoles.

ultron87 said:
You can really just let the den be in the "Contested" state and it doesn't really penalize you in any way I can see. When you finally need to take it back to install an assassin there you can just purposefully fail the defense and kill the captain again.

Though I have to say, the coward captains are incredibly annoying.
How long will it be contested for before it changes hands?

Amir0x said:
this tower defense shit sucks ass. It's a total pace killer. Worst addition to the franchise ever.

It's one thing to have to do it occasionally, but having to always track down a herald or whatever to lower your templar attention now or else more attacks on your places is just infuriatingly ill thought out. Next game better not have this.

If this wasn't there the game would probably equal brotherhood or 2, but this alone has shattered that possibility.

Even then. I've only played that basura once, but buying buildings is now a minor hassle. Having to bribe a herald after buying 3-4 buildings doesn't make the game harder, just more tedious.

I took a break from the main story and basically trained my entire guild and assigned them to different cities, then trained some more. The meta game is still great.

But only 9 Templar Dens? Too easy.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Blimblim said:

DLC. Though i hope it isn't more of the same, those sections were boring as hell.

Irish

Yeah, ACII's models were all absolutely terrible and Brohood's were way too cartoon-like and still very muddy. The models in AC:R are very clear on the other hand. About the same clarity as AC's.

Quick question is it worth waiting for the PC version (far better graphics or control)? I mean I could get the PS3 version today, but I do have $10GS PC download code from MW3. I'd know I'd have to wait, but also I have no clue what GS Impulse service is like for non-Steamworks games and I'd really like to avoid further fragmenting my collection.

TIA

nel e nel

RoninChaos said:

I dunno if I'd say they look terrible, but there definitely seems to be more stylization going on with this entry compared to the previous ones.

I'm also noticing that alot of the animations seem a bit more janky than before as well. Of course, that could be in my head and my memory is rosier of the previous games.

rataven

Figured with GAF down tonight, some of you might be interested in this.

Top Score Event with Jesper Kyd said:
Top Score is hosting its first live event. Join host Emily Reese on Friday, November 18, 2011 at Minnesota Public Radio's UBS Forum as she welcomes BAFTA award-winning composer Jesper Kyd for a game release event for Assassin's Creed: Revelations, the highly anticipated latest installment in the blockbuster game series.

Danish-born Jesper Kyd has composed music for all of the Assassin's Creed games: Assassin's Creed (2007), Assassin's Creed II (2009), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (2010) and Assassin's Creed Revelations (2011). In this exclusive interview event, Kyd will discuss how he created the unique, signature music styles for one of gaming's most successful franchises and how he continues to evolve his award-winning iconic music for Assassin's Creed.
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/11/18/top-score-event-with-jesper-kyd/

Finally started it yesterday, just finished the first DNA sequence and I must say the graphics do seem more polished than in the previous games and the modes during cutscenees.

Im still afraid that the game may come up shorter than the others though...

Sai

The PS3 ports always seem to lose out. At least they're not nearly as bad as the first AC, I heard horror stories about that one.

surly

Banned
I'm having trouble getting to the last viewpoint to sync it. I dunno if it counts as a spoiler or not, but I'll err on the side of caution.........

It's in the last area that you open up, bottom-left on the map. It's on a tower built into the outer wall that surrounds the whole area. I don't see how to get to it though. There's no way to climb to it. You can get on top of a mast on a ship and it looks like you could jump off that and parachute over, but every time I jump off it, Ezio just does a dive straight down into the sea.

Oh and the weird thing is, it already said 22 of 22 viewpoints synced, yet this one is still showing on the map.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but if anyone could help me that would be great as this has been annoying me for a while now!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Found this by Jeff Simpson, I don't recall if it had been posted before:

http://cghub.com/images/view/182560/

s6smzb.jpg

The PS3 ports always seem to lose out. At least they're not nearly as bad as the first AC, I heard horror stories about that one.

Brotherhood on mine would actually stutter and had problems streaming in data at times after moving a large distance. I never found out the cause, but I know one other person here also had the same issue.

Just finished the game.... The best ending in the series after ACII, just wow!!

AC always have one of the best endings... I will really miss them if they ended the series with ACIII.

Anyway... The game is great and the Characters models are a candy to the eye ( Sofia <3 )... but I prefer Roma in Brotherhood over this, Roma was truely one great big BEAUTIFUL city to play through.

Overall well done Ubi, another fantastic game.... And I can't wait to see what happenes in ACIII after all these years, I think it will go with a bang!

Zapages

Honestly, I did not like the Tower Den segment even for the tutorial. It really felt unpolished for some odd reason so far. :\

Other than that the game feels like more of the same goodness that we have seen since ACI. :)

Affinity

I have a quick question for everyone... When i renovate shops, complete quests, go into combat or sync with a viewpoint, I do not hear the normal sound/music that goes with it. Do I have a defective disk or this a change that has been made purposely?

If its the latter, then chalk this up as another disappointing change from the previous two games that makes no sense. I hate the new Y button and not being able to change it back.. and I hate the new kill animations and how they go slow-mo for every one. The game a whole feels slower.

Other things I dislike:

*How everything in the gui is now squared off and boring (health, icons, etc..)
*Desmonds new face
*DENS

Wow that turned into a rant more than a question. Anyway, I've tried to tinker with the music/sound volume settings and nothing worked. Did cut out a lot of the sound effects for objectives/effents or is it me? Without them the game seems VERY boring.. I like having ambiance that goes along with my actions.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think you have some kind of sound bug, atleast for mission completion. I do think for some reason the impact of weapons is near non existent for some reason.

Daft_Cat

I don't mean to keep banging the drum.. (love the game), but doesn't this pick up no more than a couple years after the end of Brotherhood?

Ezio looks like he's aged 15 years, easily. I mean..all things considering, he's still pretty much middle aged here. It's funny that they're playing the "old man" card.

EDIT: Four years from the end of Brotherhood to the beginning of Revelations.

Ranger X

I don't mean to keep banging the drum.. (love the game), but doesn't this pick up no more than a couple years after the end of Brotherhood?

Ezio looks like he's aged 15 years, easily. I mean..all things considering, he's still pretty much middle aged here. It's funny that they're playing the "old man" card.

EDIT: Four years from the end of Brotherhood to the beginning of Revelations.

The fault is more on Brotherhood. It's during brotherhood the character should have changed. The game did an awful job at making the player feel it's over decades...

Daft_Cat

The fault is more on Brotherhood. It's during brotherhood the character should have changed. The game did an awful job at making the player feel it's over decades...

Good point.

I remember thinking that too. AC2 did a better job at showing the passage of time. ACB needed a Revelations style character model for its final act.

Top Bottom