• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Nori Chan

I love the multiplayer, but I love playing it with my friend who also loves it.

But I haven't played it in a LONG time just because they're so fucking lazy to patch the group problem with it.

Altair - dynamic character who is always characterized as having no personality

That is something that bugs the hell out of me. He was a great character that was replaced with a frat boy who, in my opinion, is very poorly written and remains static for about two and a half games. I even like Desmond more than Ezio. Totally would have preferred to play as either Giovanni or Frederico. Seemed far more like myself, like Altair.

Ezio makes me think zany tit explosions. Some people like that. Not me.

Poorly written? Didn't the AC writers win best writing in a game from many publications even the writers guild?

guest1321

so i just l viewed the op on my macbook air and all the stuff loaded in about 15 seconds, it all fits perfectly on screen, and the text is perfectly readable

the hate the op got when it was first posted was over the top, screw you gaf

I thought it was a solid OP man. Haters gonna hate.

I would say given some of the confusion that surrounds the series and the questions people have, and in depth OP such as yours is extremely helpful if not necessary.

Massa

I thought it was a solid OP man. Haters gonna hate.

I would say given some of the confusion that surrounds the series and the questions people have, and in depth OP such as yours is extremely helpful if not necessary.

I agree, the content was pretty damn great. The problem is that presenting text in jpgs is just awful for a variety of reasons - try reading the OP on a phone instead of a MacBook, for example. ;)

Finished the game last night.

ACII > Brohood > Revelations > AC

Revelations was a good game but kind of disappointing. The score/soundtrack was unmemorable. The city was kind of bland and was a huge waste of potential. The missions and platforming levels weren't as interesting or well designed as previous instalments. I also noticed that they are shamelessly imitating Uncharted with some of their platforming sequences (as they did in brohood with some of Desmond's lines.)

Overall, still one of my favorite new series this gen.

What made AC great was the whole historical aspect of it - being transported back in time to a living, breathing historical place and time and soaking it all in. A modern-day AC with Desmond as the main character would be boring as shit.

Bring on Egypt and let me climb the Pyramids and ancient Egyptian tombs/ruins, fight the Pharaoh and his soldiers, etc.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Revelations was a good game but kind of disappointing. The score/soundtrack was unmemorable. The city was kind of bland and was a huge waste of potential. The missions and platforming levels weren't as interesting or well designed as previous instalments. I also noticed that they are shamelessly imitating Uncharted with some of their platforming sequences (as they did in brohood with some of Desmond's lines.)

What made AC great was the whole historical aspect of it. A modern-day AC with Desmond as the main character would be boring as shit.

Bring on Egypt and let me climb the Pyramids and ancient Egyptian tombs/ruins, fight the Pharaoh and his soldiers, etc.

You didn't like the Soundtrack? I thought it was one of the best things about the game. Still listening to the Theme Song.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
What made AC great was the whole historical aspect of it - being transported back in time to a living, breathing historical place and time and soaking it all in. A modern-day AC with Desmond as the main character would be boring as shit.
Ubisoft knows this. At least, they SHOULD.

Either way, I think the conclusion will be split between a new time period/new character and between Desmond wrapping up the story in his time.

iNvid02

i would agree with it being a bit of a letdown, but the way it wrapped up ezio and altair's story was all that mattered for me, and they set it up perfectly for ACIII so im pretty happy with it now.

loved the score, i thought it was very unique and on par with assassin's creed ii's score
some of the platforming in here was the best of the series i thought, but these were rare.

it was a good game but i'd have to be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed and sometimes
wondering what they could have accomplished if they had more time.

i hope they wrap everything up in 3, go back to a longer dev cycle and start with a fresh slate

Irish

I, for one, think there are a bunch of great tracks on the Rev OST. Mainly because stuff isn't recycled as much as it was throughout the ACII OST (everything is Ezio's Family). Of course, most of the best tracks are less than a minute long. I think I mainly like this OST because it is so percussion heavy though, definitely fit the environment.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
While some tracks are really good in II, I think that Revelations has Quality over Quanitity. The amount of amazing tracks in that game are astounding.

rataven

The OST for Rev is no slouch, not possible with Kyd, but it just doesn't have the beautiful diversity of the ACII OST, or the deep and frantic themes of Bro's. If Kyd had composed all of the Rev soundtrack, it might be a different story. But as it stands, Rev's OST feels like too many influences coming together and never really letting any of the elements shine.

Irish

The OST for Rev is no slouch, not possible with Kyd, but it just doesn't have the beautiful diversity of the ACII OST,

Ezio's Family on repeat? I mean, it is a good track, but it gets used in everything afterwards nearabout.

Rev's OST is weird though. I mean, this shit is good, but its like 30 seconds long: The Hidden City. Actually, disc 2 is filled with some really good shit all around.

rataven

Ezio's Family on repeat? I mean, it is a good track, but it gets used in everything afterwards nearabout.
What? No it doesn't. You're going to have to back up this claim. Point out where it's used on repeat. The only time I recall hearing the track is when Ezio discovers the robes.

Irish

What? No it doesn't. You're going to have to back up this claim. Point out where it's used on repeat. The only time I recall hearing the track is when Ezio discovers the robes.
Eh, I'm not talking about in-game. I'm just talking about the music. You can hear the tune in a bunch of the tracks. Of course, the AC:R theme is repeated in a lot of Balof's tracks too.

Dany

Banned
Eh, I'm not talking about in-game. I'm just talking about the music. You can hear the tune in a bunch of the tracks. Of course, the AC:R theme is repeated in a lot of Balof's tracks too.

Its 'ezio's theme' kind of, its a good track.

Irish

Yeah, I know. I just hate when it gets repeated and mixed in with other stuff. Of course, a lot of soundtracks tend to do that with their main themes, so I guess it's not a big deal in the end.

rataven

Well, so then point out where it's used on repeat throughout the OST. It's obviously a clear theme to the compositions, and voice is a frequently used instrument throughout that features prominently in Ezio's Family, but I hardly hear the same thing on 'repeat' throughout the OST.

Irish

Well, so then point out where it's used on repeat throughout the OST. It's obviously a clear theme to the compositions, and voice is a frequently used instrument throughout that features prominently in Ezio's Family, but I hardly hear the same thing on 'repeat' throughout the OST.

I guess it just jumps out at me more, even when it is barely there. Of course, it could just because the big ones I always think of contain it, like Earth and whatnot.

This game had an incredible end game. Just beat it last night and am still floored by it. I don't fully understand what happened exactly but I got the gist of it.

Spacebar

Beat this game last night as well. While I still love the lore and story of the series, but everything else is getting old. I'm tired of buying up shops just to make a little extra cash on the side. Sending assassins on random missions to level up for what? Combat is easy as shit when all you have to do is spam square+R1 to counter attack. There is no sense of danger at all unless you fuck up running on the roof tops.

I'll say... AC2 > AC Bro > AC Rev > AS1

I really liked Ezio so I'm sort of bummed his story is over. Everything wrapped up nicely and I'm excited to see where they go from here. I really hope we can see a gameplay jump like we got with AC2 after AC1. They just need to make doing the side stuff a little more worthwhile and make upgrading your weapons important.

edgefusion

Been playing the multiplayer for the past few days and really enjoying it. One question though, is there any option to turn off all perks for all players? I kinda feel like the super powers ruin the mp a bit, I'd rather it just be pure skill based. It's also more than a little annoying when a fully decked out level 50 ends up in a game of level 10 players and proceeds to rape everyone with abilities.

iNvid02

Been playing the multiplayer for the past few days and really enjoying it. One question though, is there any option to turn off all perks for all players? I kinda feel like the super powers ruin the mp a bit, I'd rather it just be pure skill based. It's also more than a little annoying when a fully decked out level 50 ends up in a game of level 10 players and proceeds to rape everyone with abilities.

there is a hardcore type mode with no perks or anything, i think its deathmatch

Massa

I don't know why anyone would read an OP for an OT on a phone.

The reason I used that example is because I actually tried to get caught up on AC on my phone in the bus before jumping into Revelations. I ended up going to Wikipedia instead, which worked just fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Completely unrelated to Revelations, but: Brotherhood: Is there some benefit to choosing a faction (theif/court/mercs) over another in the free faction open houses?

Amir0x

Banned
While some tracks are really good in II, I think that Revelations has Quality over Quanitity. The amount of amazing tracks in that game are astounding.

Soundtrack is definitely the best thing about Revelations. That one track that plays while you're exploring Constantinople during the first sequence is astonishingly beautiful. I forgot what it is called though...

Tawpgun

While Revelations might not have had the best story, it had the best story telling.

The best part was the whole bigger picture scenario with Ezio and such. I honestly did not know what was happening in Constantinople or who the bad guy was. All the Constantinople characters were pretty bland in retrospect. Yusef was cool I guess, but even he didn't have much going for him.

It also didn't help that I didn't have a clear motive or a clear bad guy to fight. The Borgia family were clear enemies. Here, I didn't know what was going on, I was just playing through it to get more of the Ezio/Altair goodness.

Amir0x

Banned

naw, also beautiful though. Maybe I can find a video that has the music playing in the background and show it to you, it's so beautiful that I would often just wander around during the first sequence until it returned to the haunting melody segment of the track and just got chills.

I was so sad when I moved on from the sequence and it never played again :(

Irish

naw, also beautiful though. Maybe I can find a video that has the music playing in the background and show it to you, it's so beautiful that I would often just wander around during the first sequence until it returned to the haunting melody segment of the track and just got chills.

I was so sad when I moved on from the sequence and it never played again :(
This channel has all the OST tracks on it, for easy finding: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gears2halo?feature=watch#g/c/CF3BBCE11B5FB225

Also, one last guess, mainly because I like it and I can't really link it in my mind (even with the obvious title) to where it actually played in the game: The Road to Masysaf

Disregard. I'll check out your video and see if I can remember what it is.

Irish

Yeah... I'm completely stumped. Of course, after listening to snippets of a shit ton of tracks, there is a lot of variety in the soundtrack. I think Kyd and Balfe did a great job.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah... I'm completely stumped. Of course, after listening to snippets of a shit ton of tracks, there is a lot of variety in the soundtrack. I think Kyd and Balfe did a great job.

See! It's so beautiful and I can never locate it on the soundtracks either!

But yeah, the entire soundtrack is great. Just that one specific track is still stuck in my head after all this time, so I keep searching for it...

Thanks for the help though :D

Hyunkel6

Just finished it. More or less the same thing than the two previous games, but I still enjoyed it. I agree that the soundtrack is one of the most memorable of the series. The ending sets things up nicely, but the game does not live up to its name. Nothing significant was revealed.

bubnbob

Banned
I think you guys are looking too deep into the "Revelations" wording expecting some game changing chess piece (watch LOST much? lol).

IMO, the revelations were:

Ezio saying "fuck it, I dont need this shit, I'm just some tool for you bitches" and leaving, then "speaking" to Desmond with his words

Altair's library not in fact a library, but him and the apple, and how he wound up there (backstory).

Desmond "figuring out what to do"

And the backstory on Altair.

Top Bottom