• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

benzy

Its a fucking mess. I was somewhat enjoying the game being my first AC, even with the clunky parkour, but if the series stays this way about blocking shit to its players then surely its going to be the last one for me.

Yeah, this is terribly designed. I'm trying this Unity app now and it's incredibly annoying.

Yup. I'm on them now and am running into a lot of 12, 24 and 36(!) hour missions. And that's for one mission. Each chest takes 3 missions, and there are 3 chests per node. Depending on the overlap and how often you deploy them it could be 100 to several hundred hours.

I just realized you have to be playing the game while the app is running in synch when the chests unlock, otherwise you have to wait 24 hours for your app assassin to go "retrieve" the damn chest and you can't use them in the meantime... wtfffffff this is so stupid.

Braag

Happened to me once as well during a co op mission. I thought it was because of latency issues.

Yeah, this is terribly designed. I'm trying this Unity app now and it's incredibly annoying.

It also likes to delete all your progress sometimes. I tried it for a while, opened a couple of chests then I suddenly lost all the progress and had to start all over again so I said fuck it and left it at that.
The app is extremely annoying anyway and I doubt I could bare it for long, what's the point of waiting hours upon hours for your assassins to do a single mission. Is that supposed to be fun?

Is the music track Ezio's Family from Assassin's Creed II in the game ? I think it was also in Brotherhood and Revelations, albeit under a different appelation. I'm curious to know if it was carried throughout the other sequels: III, IV and this game. It is such a beautiful composition that I want it to become the official theme of the series.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got around to finishing this. What a disappointing game. I've played all of the main entries except for Revelations and I think this is by far the worst in terms of actual gameplay and interesting things to do. The whole thing is just so damn boring to play with constant frustrations getting in the way.

It's really too bad, because the visuals are, in my opinion, second to none in gaming right now. I liked Arno and the rest of the cast was more or less interesting. They didn't really do much with them, though. This had to be the least exciting story in the series yet, both in terms of the Animus stuff and the modern day.

I mostly just focused on the story missions, so I plan to go back and try out some of the side content, but the main game is just not very good at all. Hopefully they can get back on track for the next entry.

Is the music track Ezio's Family from Assassin's Creed II in the game ? I think it was also in Brotherhood and Revelations, albeit under a different appelation. I'm curious to know if it was carried throughout the other sequels: III, IV and this game. It is such a beautiful composition that I want it to become the official theme of the series.

It definitely is:

At the beggining of Unity's main theme: http://youtu.be/lTBCrrhnvO8
Twice in "Dark Slayer": http://youtu.be/Q3BoEXvRv5M
And a few other tracks

Even AC Rogue's main theme uses it: http://youtu.be/lmlCudR3JPk

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Has anyone had this weird visual bug where Arno's limbs stretch out? In the first of the videos it's obviously because of the position I'm in when I open the chest, but the second just seemed to happen randomly whilst climbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0dlNsizWqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlAZ1ad2ObQ

At first I thought he looked like some sort of strange insect, but then the perfect name occurred to me. He is... Stretch Arnostrong.

Haven't had it happen to myself solo but I've managed to do this to others in coop while they're opening chests or doors by moving into them and pushing them away.

SJRB

Gold Member
Im telling you, i heard a fart at my brotherhood. Can someone please confirm that they've also heard a fart there?

Yeah the game has some weirdness like that. You can also hear people "enjoy" doing their business on toilets and whatnot every once in a while when you walk by. So random.

Omni

You know, problems aside I really love this game. The city is amazing. I've spent hours just walking around and taking in the vistas. Even on console it looks fantastic. Like a painting. And for the first time in like 3 Assassin's Creed games I've actually died in combat haha.

I haven't finished yet, but it's easily shaping up to be my second favourite AC game behind ACII.

deadfolk

You know, problems aside I really love this game. The city is amazing. I've spent hours just walking around and taking in the vistas. Even on console it looks fantastic. Like a painting. And for the first time in like 3 Assassin's Creed games I've actually died in combat haha.

I haven't finished yet, but it's easily shaping up to be my second favourite AC game behind ACII.

Just out of interest which platform are you playing on?

Klocker

agree completely

charsace

I finally got around to finishing this. What a disappointing game. I've played all of the main entries except for Revelations and I think this is by far the worst in terms of actual gameplay and interesting things to do. The whole thing is just so damn boring to play with constant frustrations getting in the way.

It's really too bad, because the visuals are, in my opinion, second to none in gaming right now. I liked Arno and the rest of the cast was more or less interesting. They didn't really do much with them, though. This had to be the least exciting story in the series yet, both in terms of the Animus stuff and the modern day.

I mostly just focused on the story missions, so I plan to go back and try out some of the side content, but the main game is just not very good at all. Hopefully they can get back on track for the next entry.

This one is the closest to the original premise they presented when describing the game play for the first game. The controls are the best they have ever been in the series, the stealth mechanics work best in this out of any of the previous entries, missions are open ended in how you can approach them, and you can't kill an army without being touched like in the other games.

deadfolk

Is there a consensus on the best platform for this?

What I'm hearing is:

PC seems to have best performance if you have the hardware, but is crashy.

On console XB1 has the edge.

That about right? Is the PC version still unstable?

Is anyone enjoying the PS4 version?

Paganmoon

Why doesn't anyone try to get the sync points in co-op? I'm the only person who ever bothers to get them.

I don't think it's ever explained that you have to go hunt for them in co-op, people might think they just get them for completing the mission (as you do in single player), or they could've already gotten them.

deadfolk

Perfectly playable for me. Played an Ezio trilogy marathon leading up to Unity and it performs no worse than those.

Thanks. I keep flip-flipping on this. I loved 2 and BF, but the only other one I've played is 1. I might do some of the others and come back to this when it's cheaper and finished patching.

Buzzbrad

What I'm hearing is:

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6870, and an I7 2600. I was well below the minimum requirements yet I can run it at 60fps on medium-low. I haven't experienced a crash yet. The PC version is all that bad.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This one is the closest to the original premise they presented when describing the game play for the first game. The controls are the best they have ever been in the series, the stealth mechanics work best in this out of any of the previous entries, missions are open ended in how you can approach them, and you can't kill an army without being touched like in the other games.

I think the original is still the best in terms of open-ended assassination missions and being close to the original vision.

I do not agree that the controls are the best they've ever been. They still lack precision like they have ever since ACIII. The only great addition this time is the free-run descend button, but even that doesn't work well far too often.

The stealth mechanics are garbage. I think they were better in ACIV. Unless you specifically gear for it, crouching does just about jack squat for keeping enemies from seeing you. The cover mechanics are awful and entering/leaving cover is one of the most frustrating things in the game. Enemies are hyper-aware once you enter the first stage of alert. If you get spotted at all during this state the whole area aggros and you start getting sniped from every direction because the enemies, of which there are far too many everywhere, all carry guns that are insanely accurate. Baiting enemies with your "last seen location" barely works at all, and they took out other tools like whistling and moving corpses to make it just an annoying as hell experience. That was how I felt playing the game, at least.

They make stealth a huge pain in the ass, and the controls suck anyway, so what's the best approach to any situation? Barrel in and use a smoke bomb and maybe a medicine or two. Every time.

It's a broken game. You can almost see how they made various parts of it an a vacuum and barely slapped the whole thing together at the end. So many weird features that have no context and no tissue connecting them to anything else. The whole thing is just a mess and the art, visuals, and sound are really the only redeeming features.

What I'm hearing is:

For what it's worth, the game never crashed a single time for me. I'm running Intel/Nvidia hardware, though. Probably have put in about 20 hours or so total.

I never got any of those weird bugs with people's faces not rendering and such. It was a fairly bug free experience for me and performance was fine for the amazing graphics I was getting.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I think the original is still the best in terms of open-ended assassination missions and being close to the original vision.

I do not agree that the controls are the best they've ever been. They still lack precision like they have ever since ACIII. The only great addition this time is the free-run descend button, but even that doesn't work well far too often.

The stealth mechanics are garbage. I think they were better in ACIV. Unless you specifically gear for it, crouching does just about jack squat for keeping enemies from seeing you. The cover mechanics are awful and entering/leaving cover is one of the most frustrating things in the game. Enemies are hyper-aware once you enter the first stage of alert. If you get spotted at all during this state the whole area aggros and you start getting sniped from every direction because the enemies, of which there are far too many everywhere, all carry guns that are insanely accurate. Baiting enemies with your "last seen location" barely works at all, and they took out other tools like whistling and moving corpses to make it just an annoying as hell experience. That was how I felt playing the game, at least.

They make stealth a huge pain in the ass, and the controls suck anyway, so what's the best approach to any situation? Barrel in and use a smoke bomb and maybe a medicine or two. Every time.

It's a broken game. You can almost see how they made various parts of it an a vacuum and barely slapped the whole thing together at the end. So many weird features that have no context and no tissue connecting them to anything else. The whole thing is just a mess and the art, visuals, and sound are really the only redeeming features.

For what it's worth, the game never crashed a single time for me. I'm running Intel/Nvidia hardware, though. Probably have put in about 20 hours or so total.

I never got any of those weird bugs with people's faces not rendering and such. It was a fairly bug free experience for me and performance was fine for the amazing graphics I was getting.
How does controlled descent not work and what features have no context? Also the you can only lure enemies by getting them to almost be fully alerted.

charsace

I don't know what to tell you. Stealth works for me and I play a tank build so that I can jump off high roofs. With a stealth build though you can walk around without using crouch, at least I do so when I use that type of build. Last location works for me too. You can see the enemy aggro level building up. Some enemies have better vision and so their meter builds up faster. You are probably being seen by snipers as they are the guys that can see really far and hit you from far too, though you can do the same exact thing if you use the rifle. The guys with the spears and guys that you have to dodge multiple times when fighting can see you quickly too. The boss targets can see you even faster.

The rifle seriously makes stealth much easier though because you can kill the snipers that are on the high grounds much easier.

Omni

Just out of interest which platform are you playing on?

Xbox One here.

The only issue I've had is an occasional system freeze when I go to the home screen while playing. Only way to fix it is to do a hard reset. But I've learnt that if you pause the game before leaving, it doesn't happen. People are saying the framerate is horrendous... but IDK. Doesn't seem all that different to previous games. A few noticeable slow downs but nothing game breaking (though I haven't played co-op yet)

jtar86

Really turned around on this game. I was enjoying it at first thought it was one of the best in the series. The more I played the less I liked it. Couldn't bring my self to finish it.

PS4 player here faced some bugs but loved the single player. The bugs aren't that crazy mostly hilarious however the coding for the coop is fundamentally broken or ubisoft servers are running on windows 3.1 or something the amount of latency and glitches in multiplayer is beyond awful.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what to tell you. Stealth works for me and I play a tank build so that I can jump off high roofs. With a stealth build though you can walk around without using crouch, at least I do so when I use that type of build. Last location works for me too. You can see the enemy aggro level building up. Some enemies have better vision and so their meter builds up faster. You are probably being seen by snipers as they are the guys that can see really far and hit you from far too, though you can do the same exact thing if you use the rifle. The guys with the spears and guys that you have to dodge multiple times when fighting can see you quickly too. The boss targets can see you even faster.

The rifle seriously makes stealth much easier though because you can kill the snipers that are on the high grounds much easier.

So stealth works for you, but you don't choose to do it?

I honestly don't believe it's worth the effort to approach situations stealthily. The penalties for getting found are just too high and it's too easy to get spotted and is far too troublesome to lose aggro again.

I doubt anyone even plays the game stealthily after maybe the first proper assassination. I'd be interested in seeing some video footage of someone actually being successful with stealth, though, because I honestly don't believe it's all that possible.

Zyphos

Neo Member
Okay, so I was Skyping on the Xbox One with a buddy of mine, and the console randomly started to install AC4 (which I own on disk). Weird, but whatever. Then it starts installing AC:U (which I do NOT own). It's installing now. Does anyone have any idea what happened? Did I somehow get a free game? I'd heard from a friend at work that AC:U, Far Cry 4, MCC, and GTAV were all "Free" for him, but he didn't elaborate and I assumed it was bullshit.

Microsoft hasn't charged me for it, so I didn't manage to somehow buy it myself.

Kabouter

Quick question... I know you can upgrade your main theater... Can you upgrade the other 5 or however many you buy at all?

No, just do missions to 'liberate' districts, but no regular upgrades. Well, and I guess if you complete club objectives some stuff will appear there I think, but that's not what you mean.

Okay, so I was Skyping on the Xbox One with a buddy of mine, and the console randomly started to install AC4 (which I own on disk). Weird, but whatever. Then it starts installing AC:U (which I do NOT own). It's installing now. Does anyone have any idea what happened? Did I somehow get a free game? I'd heard from a friend at work that AC:U, Far Cry 4, MCC, and GTAV were all "Free" for him, but he didn't elaborate and I assumed it was bullshit.

Microsoft hasn't charged me for it, so I didn't manage to somehow buy it myself.

something involving the settings of your home console is usually the answer to these types of questions. Is your xbox one used? or did a friend change the home console setting? If the console is used, I could see whoever had it before probably went out and bought a new xbox Unity bundle, put their account on it, then downloaded the two games, in turn unlocking them for you

Zyphos

Neo Member
something involving the settings of your home console is usually the answer to these types of questions. Is your xbox one used? or did a friend change the home console setting? If the console is used, I could see whoever had it before probably went out and bought a new xbox Unity bundle, put their account on it, then downloaded the two games, in turn unlocking them for you

It was a new Titanfall bundle XBO, bought it it may. I'm playing Unity right now. I'm genuinely stumped. Posted on a few subreddits about it but haven't gotten any responses. I'm probably gonna call Microsoft later. As much as I'd like a free game, I'm really concerned about my account being banned or something because I "stole" it or something.

Skux

Going stealthy is perfectly viable, and even necessary especially in early parts of an assassination mission when you're trying to find a way into a big fortress. If you barge through the front door you'll get chewed up by gunfire.

But I like to do a mix of things. Sometimes there's no way to break into a room without drawing attention. Breaking stealth is fine in cases like this where the enemy is isolated, because they can't call for help as long as you finish them quickly. Rushing down and double assassinating the guards at the door and then quick firing my pistol before chopping down the survivors is one of my favourite things to do.

I agree that the cover system is janky as hell though. It doesn't make sense that it sucks when they've already had great cover systems in Splinter Cell and Watch Dogs.

Bebpo

Banned
Some observations after finishing the story and finishing the top/middle 100% (barely starting the bottom now, 52 missions to go down there ^^;):

-There's way too many guards in this game. I must have killed about 2-3,000 guards by this point. Some of the later story chapters and a lot of the 4/5 star missions are just hundreds of guards. Sometimes there's some real impossible situations (more than often) on these maps where you end up fighting guards and when there's like 8-12 of them at once it's pretty bullshit. Poison gas + medicine is kind of helpful in those situations but still annoying.

-But then on co-op the game is ridiculously easy. Holy shit! I finally played my first co-op game as 50 hours in I saw for the very first time a guy appear on map asking me to help out on a mission. It went from being really tough 1p and frustrating to being a joke. The enemies don't even seem to recognize the 2nd player (and I'm guessing same goes with player 3/4) so player 2 can just walk up and shoot the enemies all in the back while they're fighting player 1 lol. Wish I could get into more co-op games. Would help for some of these 5 star co-op maps that really feel made for more than one player.

-Controls still suck. There's still too many times where Arno doesn't do what you what him to do and getting stuck on an object or not being able to go in a window combined with all the buggy AI and such can just make situations a lot more annoying.

-So many bugs on follow AI. Had multiple quests where NPCs I'm supposed to follow would just stand still and not move. I had to mess with the nearby area to try to "push" them out of their stuck phase and get them moving again. This is after patch 3 btw.

-Too many of the collectibles are locked chests. Just makes it even more of a chore to grab them all.

-Time rifts are wasted. They make some very cool locations and you run through them on rails once and then do a crappy iOS mini-game a bunch of times. They could've at least made some fun missions in these locations :\

-Murder Mysteries are cool, but when there's like 7 locations they take forever and there's a ton of them. I like the ones with multiple locations all in the same general building/area. But the running around ones can easily take 30 mins just to go get all the clues.

-A lot of the tediousness of the game after hour 30 or so kicks in until hour 70 or so when you finish all the missions is because of the 1:1 scale of the game. It's very cool in that it makes the buildings feel huge and visually it's impressive. But honestly, when the entire game takes place in one city and you spend 150+ missions constantly running from one marker 400M away to another...it feels slow. I think they could've fixed this by having Arno run A LOT faster, especially if he's not under attack, and there could've been even more save points because for some reason the dots you need to reach in missions are never near any fast travel/social clubs! Game just feels like it takes forever because of all the running back and forth.

-...which could have been cut down dramatically if there were more locations. Putting this many missions in a single city just makes a whole bunch of back & forth chore-work vs. exploring new areas like ACIV or Far Cry 4.

-Story was not very good. Outside of Elise and maybe Arno, no interesting characters; everyone is paper thin, there's hardly any plot and it skips around a ton so much that the bad guy has to explain the plot of the game at the end and it doesn't really add ANYTHING to the mainline modern story. Probably only better than AC3 in story. ACII series > ACIV >>>> the rest of the games in story/characters.

-Last boss was terrible, but oh well.

-Not even using half the map makes me really feel that the game is unfinished in an FFXII way. I mean the game has literally HUNDREDS of missions across the entire map. There's no reason why some of these missions in the south couldn't have been incorporated into the main storyline. The main storyline could've used more missions with some more character development to make it worth caring about, plus it could've done some nice cinematic stuff with these southern Paris locations like the Pantheon.

-AC games are so weird now. An AC game is a 10-12 hour story and then 50-70 hours of BIG SANDBOX MAP WITH HUNDREDS OF MISSIONS (and collectibles). It's almost like the story is now just a throwaway like campaign modes in multiplayer fps games. The meat of the game is in all the sidequest missions and exploration. There's a huge disconnect and if that's the direction AC is going in this post ACIII world (pre-ACIII the games would be about 50% story, 50% sidestuff), then I think it works a lot better as a pirate sailing series, as big sandbox map with hundreds of missions is a lot more satisfying when it's actually a world you're exploring and doing missions in rather than couped up in a city or two.

I think after like 50+ hours I've played enough to generally know what I think I of the game even if I've got another 20-25 hours of missions left to mop up. It's generally a well made AC, outside of the bugs, framerate problems, controls; but it feels pretty disjointed, rushed, unfinished and made by committee rather than having some heart and vision. Unity reminds me a ton of ACIII, so much that it feels as if the bulk of the designers were ACIII designers who were making ACIII-2 "this time not shitty version", which is fine, but ACIII was the first AC where it really got tedious and was missing the "fun enjoyable videogame" part. ACIV brought that back, but now Unity feels like it's taken a step back again. It's just never that much fun and just feels like going through the motions, and when it's not really that fun and just sort of mildly enjoyable...you don't necessarily want 75 hours of it. ACIV lacked the graphical wow and had a much lighter tone, but it was a fun game to play.

If you only play the main story, Unity has the edge because the story missions are generally good in Unity and the story missions in Black Flag tended to be the weaker part. But again, post-ACIII AC games are <15 hours of story and 45+ hours of "other stuff" and ACIV's stuff was a lot more fun to play than Unity, plus ACIV actually had a modern day story and the way it was done was nice looking and enjoyable. On a 1-10 scale where ACII+B is a 9 and ACIII is a 6, I'd put ACIV at an 8 and Unity at a 7.

Will probably play Rogue at some point since people are liking it and it's supposed to be fairly short. But next 75 hour AC in fall 2015 I'm probably gonna skip. The games are just getting too bloated in design at this point when the inherent gameplay isn't fun enough to support that many hours doing the same types of tasks over and over (and when half the playtime is running from one area to another).

quetz67

Banned
Played less than an hour (PS4):
- a few frames an NPC had no face
- another NPC dropped through the ground
- the head of one NPC turned 180 degrees
- in that first upper class building half of the NPCs did a stupid defense gesture ballet.

In one of the rooms of the buikding there was a maid so dirty she looked like covered with blood. Probably no bug but she felt so very much out of place as the NPCs in that broken cutscene.

Don't know what other NPC behaviours are considered bugs or if I just need to accept that they act pretty unbelievable. Found it pretty strange I killed two guards in front of quite some witnesses and a cutscene follows where I am accused of stealing a watch.

bumpkin

So I booted this game up after not playing for a long time only to find that some of my unlocked achievements have been locked for some reason. And some viewpoints I synchronized are again unsynchronized.

exYle

So I got the special Thomas du Something armour, finally... some of those Nostradamus puzzles were a bitch. And that first challenge puzzle with the spinning pillars was friggin hard, until I figured out how easy it actually was...

UrbanRats

Finally done with the story.

Yeah, i won't write up a big review or opinion piece on the game, to keep it short: I liked the graphics, the mission design and the music (when it wasn't bugging out).
Some of the characters could've been good, but weren't that fleshed out in the end, and not given enough room (Elise).
I hated pretty much everything else.
Stealth, Combat and Parkour, underwhelming story, annoying modern day shit, incredibly buggy.

This game turned me off the franchise for good, i'm done with Assassin's Creed no matter the setting from now on, unless they COMPLETELY overhaul the series or something as drastic, which won't happen.

Playing this game was 90% utter frustration, and 10% fun, like trying to pass a thread in the eye of a needle, while drunk.
-
It's weird and sad that (although i haven't played that many games) both games this year i'd put in a "worst games i've played in 2014" list, are Ubisoft (this and Watch Dogs).

It is what it is.
I'm happy i'm done with it, though.

quetz67

Banned
Just reached the initiation and this is already my favorite Assassin's Creed. This is a game where I don't care about the shortcomings, from sneaking through Versailles through the prison escape to the initiation it is all incredibly well done. Actually I loved the whole intro part and hope it keeps that way. Future stuff is also less annoying yet.

Synchronizing on Notre Dame, entering the first church and all the crowds and natural light in the city this is really next gen and I am happy they sacrifized nothing of it for a little higher framerate. As I wrote already, it is still pretty buggy, but that will be fixed and I am already looking forward to seeing more of this engine. Black Flag was a nice pirate game but this seems to be all I expect from an assassins game. Really glad they aimed high failing only by a small margin instead of going for less.

Yes, this is really next gen for me, and I don't care it is still a rather cinematic experience with gameplay more of an afterthought. Won't find many friends here with this opinion, but I don't care - there are enough Demon Souls Sequels and clones for all the hardcore.

Akai__

Having trouble to find the 3rd Synch Point in those Co-op missions. Are those hidden, because 2 are always displayed on the map, while the 3rd isn't?

Kinda annoying, but whatever.

What the shit. I sent some of my higher level assassins out on a mission for the app. It had a 100% success rate. It came back completed with my highest level assassin dead....

Skux

What the shit. I sent some of my higher level assassins out on a mission for the app. It had a 100% success rate. It came back completed with my highest level assassin dead....

Yeah I had two die on a higher level mission. It's best to heal them to full before the mission since they all still take damage (I'm not sure if this is tied to their level or defense stat). However even on full health they may die even though you have a 100% success rate.

I finished the main story. Like many other AC games, it's underdeveloped and yet still manages to be convoluted. The characters could have been memorable but they don't get enough screen time to establish their motivations.
I knew you'd end up killing Bellec as soon as I saw his outfit in the options screen.
And the game assumes you already know about the French Revolution and hides a lot of important details in the encyclopedia. I had no idea why there were both guardsmen (blue dots), and enemies (red dots), and why the enemies were calling me a "bloody moderate" and "Royalist scum" until I finally found that they were Jacobins who were the extreme revolutionaries. More exposition and framing around the historical period would have been nice.

The whole modern storyline is very unsatisfying and feels like a red herring. All you find out is that Germain's DNA can't be recovered, but it's fine because it means the Templars don't win. There's no real payoff.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The app is stupid as hell.

Why the hell should it take me 100 hours to reap the benefits? Some of these missions last over 24 hours. Why? Make them last two hours tops. Granted it's not like it's a bunch of busy work or anything, but why all the pointless waiting?

Just dumb....

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
AC games are so weird now. An AC game is a 10-12 hour story and then 50-70 hours of BIG SANDBOX MAP WITH HUNDREDS OF MISSIONS (and collectibles). It's almost like the story is now just a throwaway like campaign modes in multiplayer fps games. The meat of the game is in all the sidequest missions and exploration.

I couldn't disagree with this more. Most of the sidequests in this game (and pretty much since AC3) are pointless filler. Very rarely is there a worthy payoff to do them. I wouldn't call them the meat of the game by any means. Fat filling? Yes sure.

Top Bottom