• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Ferr986

I hate that room so. bloody. much. Took me like an hour to get through it. Totally worth it though, have been using that outfit ever since I unlocked it.

Looks like Altair's outfit, but there are differences and for that reason I like Thomas de Carneillon's master assassin's outfit even more. They are similar because they are issued with in the same time period.

Yeah outfit is cool. I dont mind being a reskin cause never played AC 1. Wish it had gloves though.

glaurung

Should the Initiates program detect my previously played games? I'm level 2 at the moment even though I finished Black Flag and every other AC game.
It should, if you ever logged onto UPlay while playing or linked your console accounts to UPlay.

But I guess there is some manner of database overlap here, because the AC Initiates project was live already during AC III. But it was very different back then. I logged on back then already and most of my games have been on the list since then.

Ferr986

What do you guys think its the best method to farm Creed points? Im gonna have to farm more of them if I keep getting legendary items.

Skux

What do you guys think its the best method to farm Creed points? Im gonna have to farm more of them if I keep getting legendary items.

Certain gear can give you a Creed points multiplier. A hood I tried once was giving me 1.3x the normal amount.

Lizardus

staggering strikes.

Just isolate a bad guy and keep using SS on him. It gives points every three hits I believe.

Ferr986

Certain gear can give you a Creed points multiplier. A hood I tried once was giving me 1.3x the normal amount.

Yep, I have a hood that gives 1.1x. Didnt know about being able to obtain 1.3x though.

I think clubs gives points bonus too? Didnt mess with them yet

staggering strikes.

Just isolate a bad guy and keep using SS on him. It gives points every three hits I believe.

oh nice, I'll try it. Truth to be told I have yet to use that ability lol

I find it funny that some people consider Rogue to be better than Unity. I am finding Rogue to easily be the worst AC game of them all(even worse than Liberation)...and Unity to be one of the best

I just finished rouge. Its up there with III for me with the worst in the series. Nothing grabbed me and the setting is the dullest so far. North America is just boring in these games. Don't understand the praise. I mean its functional and competent but uninspired. The story could have been something special and it blew that. It basically is just filling in gaps in the other games. And the story could have been something special but its just black and white nonsense

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ezio's family
played while I tried to escape from
assassinating Roi
, such nostalgia!!

Also, do we have an ETA on when the Ubisoft services stuff will work in Unity? I can't get any golden chests or "go online" with anything and it's been like that for me since launch. :(

iNvid02

even stretch armstrong couldnt get us a decent reward

rBbzNDb.jpg

bryanee

Just booted the game up for the first time in I think 2 and a half weeks and initiates still doesn't work for me. I'm still level 1 despite having finished every main AC game on consoles.

Also as a seasons pass holder wasn't I suppsed to get the Killed by science mission for free? It says I have to buy it on the uplay store (ps4)

witness

I'm getting this from gamefly today, and I'm really curious about it with all the controversy. I went onto the Initiates website and it's not recongnizing that I've ever played a AC game, when in fact I've finished all of them and have those accounts linked to my uplay. Though somehow last year the site had all of my info and my level, now, nothing.

Paganmoon

regarding the chest, you don't even see all of them by default through the viewpoint synchronization, which is pretty bad, they show up on the map if you get close to them. Though doesn't cost much helix credits (150 I think) to reveal them all, and that should be easy to get, just through uPlay and the companion app iirc.

Just booted the game up for the first time in I think 2 and a half weeks and initiates still doesn't work for me. I'm still level 1 despite having finished every main AC game on consoles.

Also as a seasons pass holder wasn't I suppsed to get the Killed by science mission for free? It says I have to buy it on the uplay store (ps4)

My initiates just starting working randomly yesterday, I've been on level 2 since I got the game, but yesterday I was suddenly lvl 13 and can open up pretty much every chest! Got
Ezio master assassin outfit when I opened one!

Muffdraul

The game is okay to me. Overly collection stuff in Ubi games is not unexpected.

Then stop whining! =P

The real issue is that the map is so freaking huge. It looks super dense when you're zoomed out all the way like that, but I'll bet Unity actually has less chests per square foot than previous ACs.

Pjsprojects

Anyone know how to change the Russian version to English?

Ubi advert shows that the Russian version had multi language support but it does not, I have downloaded the English sound packs and movie packs but not got anywhere yet. At £14 I thought it worth a try...

OraleeWey

Then stop whining! =P

The real issue is that the map is so freaking huge. It looks super dense when you're zoomed out all the way like that, but I'll bet Unity actually has less chests per square foot than previous ACs.
BTW just a heads up, some of the cockades are actually hidden in the map, even if you synchronize the viewpoints. I just had to buy the time saver pack that allowed me to permanently view all cockades and chests and the ones that were hidden are now visible. I used helix points I somehow got by just playing the game.

Edit: Some missions are also not displayed. Looks like you'll have to buy the time saver pack :)

In case some of you guys are going for platinum or 100% achievements.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
BTW just a heads up, some of the cockades are actually hidden in the map, even if you synchronize the viewpoints. I just had to buy the time saver pack that allowed me to permanently view all cockades and chests and the ones that were hidden are now visible. I used helix points I somehow got by just playing the game.

Edit: Some missions are also not displayed. Looks like you'll have to buy the time saver pack :)

Probably done for just that purpose.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Not going for plat/achievements?
They probably deliberately hid some cockades and chests to "persuade" people to buy the map.
I also suspect that is why they made chest finding and cockades to be requirements for the platinum trophy, but not Paris Stories or Murder Mysteries.

I can tell you right now I wouldn't have wasted all my time with chest collecting if it weren't required for the platinum.

OraleeWey

They probably deliberately hid some cockades and chests to "persuade" people to buy the map.
I also suspect that is why they made chest finding and cockades to be requirements for the platinum trophy, but not Paris Stories or Murder Mysteries.

I can tell you right now I wouldn't have wasted all my time with chest collecting if it weren't required for the platinum.

Paris Stories and Murder Mysteries are also part of the platinum as well. Doesn't change the fact that they hid some content so people can use real money to unlock it (in the map).

witness

So I played for a few hours tonight and the frame rate in the ps4 version leaves a lot to be desired. No glitches though which I'm thankful for after downloading the almost 3 gig patch. Just as I suspected Initiates isn't recognizing my AC history for some reason, but hopefully it will start working eventually. I'm playing it in French because fuck those English accents. The lighting and visuals are sometimes really stunning, the game can look just gorgeous. One of the best looking games, too bad the frame rate isnt locked at 30.

Lizardus

Club competitions working yet? Cause if not I can see that two of those players actually bought helix credit to get their legendary shit to have gold rankings. lol.

Uh, no?

I am still on sequence 10 and I have gold diamonds on my name. You can buy gold diamond equipment with in-game money. All 125000 items are gold diamond items.

Kabouter

Club competitions working yet? Cause if not I can see that two of those players actually bought helix credit to get their legendary shit to have gold rankings. lol.

No, you can buy legendary stuff with money no problem. It's just that most legendary stuff is locked. Usually specifically the legendary items you want most. That said, I do use all legendary items, and have since like...sequence 3, without buying that helix credit bullshit. (yay Café Theatre)

Gold Member
Paris Stories and Murder Mysteries are also part of the platinum as well. Doesn't change the fact that they hid some content so people can use real money to unlock it (in the map).
Nah there not. I have the Platinum and I didn't do all of the Paris Stories or Murder Mysteries. One trophy is for completing a single murder mystery but there is no requirement to complete them all. I agree that hiding some of the cockades and chests behind a purchasable map is a shitty thing to do but as they give you 300 helix points it's less of a problem. The only thing I used those points for was the chest / cockade map for 170 helix, but if I'd have spent those points before I realised I needed the map I'd have been pissed.

Basically I don't think they should do it, but the implementation doesn't mean you need to pay anything to get a Platinum.

Paganmoon

Once again...

That is not a lot at all. The issue lies with the map zoom level. Once zoomed to a normal height, the map is not cluttered at all.

Something like 250 chests isn't too much? What the hell does zoom level have to do with it. That's the default zoom level to get an overview.

Paganmoon

Regarding Ezio's Family which was brought up earlier. Anyone able to play AC2 soundtrack on Spotify? I see it listed in Spotify but I think it's region locked, so I'm curious what region can actually play that album?

Well, I beat it. Gotta say, this felt like less a game and more a social experiment. This may be the most connected piece of software I've ever used and I feel dirty. I'm sure every bit of data that was generated by my play through is being analyzed by some algorithm to extract the required metrics.

Remember when games were just games? When did companies decide consumers wanted shitty companion apps and endless connectivity?

Maybe I'm just a dinosaur.

cackhyena

I've wanted to get that all black costume and was going for the cockades, but there was one spot I thought was plain glitched...or so I thought. It's between two staircase symbols on the map, so I figured I had to go underground to get to it. But one of the staircases isn't visible. It's weird. I go to the exact spot on the map and there is a building there. I search high and low all around the building and it's nowhere to be seen. I gave up after that. If I can't get one, I'm not bothering with any since it requires getting all of them to get the costume. If there is some requirement to reveal it, I can't figure it out.

Mendax

I've wanted to get that all black costume and was going for the cockades, but there was one spot I thought was plain glitched...or so I thought. It's between two staircase symbols on the map, so I figured I had to go underground to get to it. But one of the staircases isn't visible. It's weird. I go to the exact spot on the map and there is a building there. I search high and low all around the building and it's nowhere to be seen. I gave up after that. If I can't get one, I'm not bothering with any since it requires getting all of them to get the costume. If there is some requirement to reveal it, I can't figure it out.
Near the palais de tuileries? If so it might need storyline progression to open up. Specifically when you go into the palace to retrieve royal letters

Are there only 6 co-op missions in game? My friends and I are only finding six on our maps. Only up to chapter 3 btw.
I think the progressa tracker in the main menu lists them all, have a look there. Not sure but I think there were about 9 or so

Top Bottom