• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Aces&Eights

It's encouraging to hear from people that finished the game that the game is good. I had to stop after "King of Rats" due to technical difficulty. Hearing that Ubisoft is delaying the patch to really focus on it gives me hope I might return to a functioning game that only has some minor hiccups here and there. I really do like the series but man, I had some serious performance issues at launch.

Ade

but how will they know ive redeemed it, only redeemed it via playstation store

Because none of us are from the future, we don't know.

You might have to get your free game after you've got Unity. Your scenario is pretty unique tbh. Not many people but season passes for games they don't have.

6.51 GB update file just starting downloading for me on PS4. Could this be the patch that they announced was delayed yesterday?

EDIT: Should probably have mentioned this in the thread dedicated to the patch rather than the OT. My apologies.

huh...initiates might not be as broken as I thought. I indeed have 100% syncd the past games. But it apparently only recognizes the last save file you have loaded up to play. For my brotherhood, it was one where I played for like 5 minutes. I had to redownload all the dlc, then load up my original 100% file. Initiates has of course not updated to show this...but it was and still is in fact showing the stats of my other save files. Same thing was happening for 2 as well

Autofokus

http://youtu.be/BQKxutFRUyc
Oh, the irony!

huh...initiates might not be as broken as I thought. I indeed have 100% syncd the past games. But it apparently only recognizes the last save file you have loaded up to play. For my brotherhood, it was one where I played for like 5 minutes. I had to redownload all the dlc, then load up my original 100% file. Initiates has of course not updated to show this...but it was and still is in fact showing the stats of my other save files. Same thing was happening for 2 as well
Initiates still thinks that I played none of the previous games (played and completed all of them, even the shitty Bloodlines), was always (if supported) connected to uPlay, got those uPlay Action Points and never started a new game/loaded an old save after completing them. *shrugs*

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Because none of us are from the future, we don't know.

You might have to get your free game after you've got Unity. Your scenario is pretty unique tbh. Not many people but season passes for games they don't have.

It was the first time I've ever done, I don't know why (and still don't) and I bloody regret it.

Sami+

Just finished. That was really weak, honestly. Really mediocre experience overall... better than AC3, though, I guess. I was actually able to finish this one. Doesn't even touch the first two though, imo.

Mogwai

http://youtu.be/BQKxutFRUyc
Oh, the irony!

Initiates still thinks that I played none of the previous games (played and completed all of them, even the shitty Bloodlines), was always (if supported) connected to uPlay, got those uPlay Action Points and never started a new game/loaded an old save after completing them. *shrugs*

Initiates is completely fucked.

I've played around 10 hours of Rogue on my PS3 with my Uplay account linked correctly and all. But... my Initiates account still don't show that I own the game.

I'm offended by the fact that Ubisoft ties in-game elements (console) to meta-game features that doesn't even work. It's just so amateurish.

Akai__

This has to be a typo, right? RIGHT?

YN4Vhv6.png

iNvid02

This has to be a typo, right? RIGHT?

We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn’t causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin’s Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

We will continue to update this blog post as we learn more.

Thank you for your support and continued feedback. Your contributions have been key to the development of our patches.

-The Live Update Team

Scrabble

I really like Arno's original Assassin outfit. It's a shame within five minutes you're already swapping out pieces of gear. I kind of wish all the gear was just cosmetic so I didn't feel obligated to wear shit I don't want to just to get stat bonuses.

On pc anyway, provided you have the hardware, I really think this game is awesome. It's such a shame it wasn't given 3-6 months for polish, as the the technical issues have really overshadowed what I feel is a really good game. The art direction and attention to detail, something AC has always been really good at, is just on another level in Unity.

Kabouter

I really like Arno's original Assassin outfit. It's a shame within five minutes you're already swapping out pieces of gear. I kind of wish all the gear was just cosmetic so I didn't feel obligated to wear shit I don't want to just to get stat bonuses.

On pc anyway, provided you have the hardware, I really think this game is awesome. It's such a shame it wasn't given 3-6 months for polish, as the the technical issues have really overshadowed what I feel is a really good game. The art direction and attention to detail, something AC has always been really good at, is just on another level in Unity.

Yeah, I don't like the look of the cobbled together outfits, thankfully, I like the look of the medieval assassin outfit better than that of even Arno's original outfit.

Sami+

I liked the Sans Culottes set the most. I figure if I'm trying to be a stealthy assassin I should be able to fit into a crowd, and long hooded cloaks weren't exactly in style in that time period.

maxresdefault.jpg

I wish they would design the outfits a bit more modestly. One of the creeds is to blend into the environment so it's kinda silly to see the assassins wearing long, overly ornate cloaks.

Kabouter

I like the Sans-Culottes stuff the best for the bonuses, but you can't have all the legendary stuff without winning club competitions :(

Skux

Yeah it's a bit annoying how hard it is to complete a set of an outfit, but I suppose that's how they make you play everything.

JP

Bought this cheap a couple of days ago and have to admit that I'm confused by the different in-game currencies. From what I'm understanding there are two different currencies, helix credits and francs. I notice that I earn francs pretty easily just by doing stuff in game and murdering the faces of people that I just don't like the look of. I can't work out where the helix credits come from though? Are these only available by spending real world money or can I earn them in-game too?

The same goes for that stupid companion app which I seem to have to play if I want to unlock everything in the PS4 game. Only just started that and it's already annoying me but I do want to put up with it.

I'm spending some sort of points/money in that. how do I earn more of whatever the hell that is without spending real money?

Are other people here bothering with all this stuff, I sort of don't mind doing it in a way as it seems to take time between missions so I can do it while doing other stuff but it seems ludicrous that you have to mess around outside of the game to be able to unlock everything.

Yours,
Annoyed of Paris

Sami+

Bought this cheap a couple of days ago and have to admit that I'm confused by the different in-game currencies. From what I'm understanding there are two different currencies, helix credits and francs. I notice that I earn francs pretty easily just by doing stuff in game and murdering the faces of people that I just don't like the look of. I can't work out where the helix credits come from though? Are these only available by spending real world money or can I earn them in-game too?

The same goes for that stupid companion app which I seem to have to play if I want to unlock everything in the PS4 game. Only just started that and it's already annoying me but I do want to put up with it.

I'm spending some sort of points/money in that. how do I earn more of whatever the hell that is without spending real money?

Are other people here bothering with all this stuff, I sort of don't mind doing it in a way as it seems to take time between missions so I can do it while doing other stuff but it seems ludicrous that you have to mess around outside of the game to be able to unlock everything.

Yours,
Annoyed of Paris

I messed around with the app for a couple of minutes. Hated it and didn't bother with the unlockable stuff. All you really get from it is Altair's outfit and some useless stuff.

Helix Credits you have to pay for, yeah. I somehow got some during my playthrough (I'm not sure why or when), but not enough to actually buy anything good. Don't bother.

The currencies in this game are a joke. You could seriously tell me it's a parody of mobile games and I'd believe you.

JP

Thanks, the companion app seems to introduce a third form of currency and I've just discovered a new thing called Assassin's Creed Unity: Unite which is a web based thing but I couldn't work that out at all.

There's some decent things happening in the actual game and I don't even mind DLC and micro-transactions if it's reasonable but this seems almost upside down in the way that it's been set up as I'm getting the feeling that the whole game seems to only exists to carry the paid micro-transactions.

... And since the patch i can't get the companion app to sync. Anyone have any tips to get it to work on PS4.

EDIT: Ahh, looks like Uplay is just down?

EDIT THE SECOND: And the companion app just crashed my phone, and it won't turn back on.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Chronological order of all the story missions, historical events, and co-op missions.

1/1 - Memories of Versailles - 27 Dec 1776

1/2 - The Estates General - 5 May 1789

1/3 - High Society - 5 May 1789

20 June 1789 - Tennis Court Oath

2/1 - Imprisoned - 14 Jul 1789 - Storming of the Bastille

2/2 - Rebirth

4 Aug 1789 - Feudalism Abolished

26 Aug 1789 - Declaration of the Rights of Man

Co-op - Women's March - 5 Oct 1789

3/1 - Graduation

3/2 - Confession - 5 Jan 1791

Server Bridge: Fin de Siecle

4/1 - Kingdom of Beggars - 19 Jan 1791

4/2 - Le Roi est Mort - Jan 1791

5/1 - The Silversmith - 31 Mar 1791

5/2 - La Halle aux Bles - 31 Mar 1791

5/3 - The Prophet - 31 Mar 1791

6/1 - The Jacobin Club - 31 Mar 1791

6/2 - Templar Ambush

7/1 - A Cautious Alliance - 1 Apr 1791

7/2 - Meeting with Mirabeau - 2 Apr 1791

7/3 - Confrontation

Server Bridge: The Resistance

20 Jun 1791 - Royal Family Attempt Escape to Austria

Co-op - The Food Chain - Summer 1792

8/1 - The King's Correspondence - 10 Aug 1792 - Paris Commune Insurrection

8/2 - September Massacres - Sep 1792

Co-op - The Austrian Conspiracy - 2 Sep 1792

22 Sep 1792 - First French Republic Founded

9/1 - Starving Times - 31 Oct 1792

9/2 - Hoarders

9/3 - The Escape

10/1 - A Dinner Engagement - 20 Jan 1793

10/2 - Execution - 21 Jan 1793 - Louis XVI Executed

10/3 - Council Debriefing - 21 Jan 1793

11/1 - Bottom of the Barrel - 4 Jun 1793

11/2 - Rise of the Assassin

Server Bridge: The Bastille

13 Jul 1793 - Marat Assassinated

Co-op - The Tournament - Jul 1793

Co-op - Political Persecution - Jul 1793

5 Sep 1793 - Reign of Terror Begins

16 Oct 1793 - Marie Antoinette Executed

Co-op - Heads will Roll - 13 Nov 1793

Co-op - Les Enrages - 10 Feb 1794

Co-op - Danton's Sacrifice - 5 Apr 1794

Co-op - Moving Mirabeau - May 1794

12/1 - The Supreme Being - 8 Jun 1794

12/2 - The Fall of Robespierre - 27 Jul 1794

12/3 - The Temple - 28 Jul 1794 - Reign of Terror Ends

Co-op - Jacobin Raid - 29 Jul 1794

Co-op - The Infernal Machine - 24 Dec 1800

Ade

Chronological order of all the story missions, historical events, and co-op missions.

1/1 - Memories of Versailles - 27 Dec 1776

1/2 - The Estates General - 5 May 1789

1/3 - High Society - 5 May 1789

20 June 1789 - Tennis Court Oath

2/1 - Imprisoned - 14 Jul 1789 - Storming of the Bastille

2/2 - Rebirth

4 Aug 1789 - Feudalism Abolished

26 Aug 1789 - Declaration of the Rights of Man

Co-op - Women's March - 5 Oct 1789

3/1 - Graduation

3/2 - Confession - 5 Jan 1791

Server Bridge: Fin de Siecle

4/1 - Kingdom of Beggars - 19 Jan 1791

4/2 - Le Roi est Mort - Jan 1791

5/1 - The Silversmith - 31 Mar 1791

5/2 - La Halle aux Bles - 31 Mar 1791

5/3 - The Prophet - 31 Mar 1791

6/1 - The Jacobin Club - 31 Mar 1791

6/2 - Templar Ambush

7/1 - A Cautious Alliance - 1 Apr 1791

7/2 - Meeting with Mirabeau - 2 Apr 1791

7/3 - Confrontation

Server Bridge: The Resistance

20 Jun 1791 - Royal Family Attempt Escape to Austria

Co-op - The Food Chain - Summer 1792

8/1 - The King's Correspondence - 10 Aug 1792 - Paris Commune Insurrection

8/2 - September Massacres - Sep 1792

Co-op - The Austrian Conspiracy - 2 Sep 1792

22 Sep 1792 - First French Republic Founded

9/1 - Starving Times - 31 Oct 1792

9/2 - Hoarders

9/3 - The Escape

10/1 - A Dinner Engagement - 20 Jan 1793

10/2 - Execution - 21 Jan 1793 - Louis XVI Executed

10/3 - Council Debriefing - 21 Jan 1793

11/1 - Bottom of the Barrel - 4 Jun 1793

11/2 - Rise of the Assassin

Server Bridge: The Bastille

13 Jul 1793 - Marat Assassinated

Co-op - The Tournament - Jul 1793

Co-op - Political Persecution - Jul 1793

5 Sep 1793 - Reign of Terror Begins

16 Oct 1793 - Marie Antoinette Executed

Co-op - Heads will Roll - 13 Nov 1793

Co-op - Les Enrages - 10 Feb 1794

Co-op - Danton's Sacrifice - 5 Apr 1794

Co-op - Moving Mirabeau - May 1794

12/1 - The Supreme Being - 8 Jun 1794

12/2 - The Fall of Robespierre - 27 Jul 1794

12/3 - The Temple - 28 Jul 1794 - Reign of Terror Ends

Co-op - Jacobin Raid - 29 Jul 1794

Co-op - The Infernal Machine - 24 Dec 1800

Awesome, thanks for that.

bumpkin

Gah, what the fuck... So the Initiates site has been screwed up for weeks, it finally comes back up, and it seems like pretty much none of my ACU activity is in there.

Mind you, I haven't actually played the game in a few days so I haven't touched it since before the patch. I wonder if it'll fix itself after I play the game.

ssjali

Finished the game, got the platinum trophy (my first platinum trophy besides TWD and TWAU).The last game where I got all the trophies was AC II (achievements though, was on 360).

Over all I loved the game. I could have been better, could run smoother and so on, but I had a lot of fun with it. Coop with my brother was a lot of fun too.

I got the PS4 game for cheap yesterday (25€ instead of 65) and I'm suprisingly enjoying it.
I'm simply running around Paris completing secondary missions, I've stopped the main story just after Arno gets his Assassin robes so I haven't done a lot on that front.

AC Initiates kind of works for me, it correctly detects the game I've played but it somehow doesn't detect that I've actually finished them, so I don't know what's wrong with that since I never restarted one of the old games :/
I'm not even bothering with the companion app unless it provides some interesting stuff, which I doubt it does since I'm not particularly interested in Altair's outfit :p

Well, I guess it was a nice purchase for 25€, I'll try to proceed with the main story a bit more though since I need some points to upgrade (I assume you get points by playing the main quests?)

iNvid02

Gah, what the fuck... So the Initiates site has been screwed up for weeks, it finally comes back up, and it seems like pretty much none of my ACU activity is in there.

Mind you, I haven't actually played the game in a few days so I haven't touched it since before the patch. I wonder if it'll fix itself after I play the game.

yeah went down to 2 and its back up to 10 now that i just booted up unity again

doubt its gonna sync up anything older than black flag for me unless i redownload them and play them for a bit which i have no desire to do

Holy shit, I finally got all the Initiates chests. Initiates is still showing some incorrect stats, but it was enough for me to get to level 15. I recommend emailing them at ACInitiates@ubisoft.com, if you havent already. They are dealing with it on an individual basis now it seems

iNvid02

Holy shit, I finally got all the Initiates chests. Initiates is still showing some incorrect stats, but it was enough for me to get to level 15. I recommend emailing them at ACInitiates@ubisoft.com, if you havent already. They are dealing with it on an individual basis now it seems

thanks, i'll give it a try. i sure as shit am not redownloading and booting up all those missing AC games

SJRB

Gold Member
Even though the lockpicking minigame is absolutely terrible, I really like hunting down red chests and killing the guys guarding it.

Still at level 2 lockpicking though so there are plenty I can't open yet, but still. Cool reason to run around and explore. The map layout and verticality is really, REALLY well done.

Closer Two

How good/fun is the co-op in this game? Thinking of picking it up just for playing with friends.

I heard the PC version was a bit of a mess but a recent patch fixed it. How true is this?

Spades

A little help with the iPad companion app, please. I'm playing on Xbox One, yet my app says "Not connected to PC". How can I change this to Xbox?

Spades

A little help with the iPad companion app, please. I'm playing on Xbox One, yet my app says "Not connected to PC". How can I change this to Xbox?

So it finally connected, but now I've lost all of my app data - all 30k+ and a full squad of 20+ level Nomads. FFS.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow the
Bellec
bossfight was awesome.

Really didn't want to kill him though, dude is my homeboy. Felt really bad, especially once you kill him and see his memory where he says he trusts Arno with his life.

That was really well done.

Wow the
Bellec
bossfight was awesome.

Really didn't want to kill him though, dude is my homeboy. Felt really bad, especially once you kill him and see his memory where he says he trusts Arno with his life.

That was really well done.

Complete agreement. For all missteps with the meta-story, the AC games have some wonderful narrative beats and this is a memorable one. Also: great use of the setting in that encounter.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I heard the PC version was a bit of a mess but a recent patch fixed it. How true is this?

The PC version was fine for me. It seemed like most of the problems were with people running AMD hardware, but I think it's been mostly fixed since then.

Closer Two

So I picked up the game. It was running fine on high getting a 40fps average. Then I went to a mission and now it's down to 20 and 15. I even tried returning to the exact area I was in and still 20fps.

Any reason behind this?

Ashtar

Beat the game about 30 minutes ago still watching the ending credits
This game is actually really hard to nail down, it does a lot of great things and but it also has some baffling design to go along with it.

Loved:

Paris the city is great and a lot different from the locales we've had, imo it's nothing like other settings, it feels desperate and dingy, a violent and chaotic place.

The side missions are varied and interesting imo I especially like the murder mysteries

The co-op the missions have multiple objectives and are fun to do, even with random people. I'd LOVE to actually be in full fledged club (I was kicked out of my last one for seemingly no reason)

Elise is a great character, I really liked her. Also very cute

The lighting is also really good.

The mission design was actually really good imo, probably had some of the best actual missions in an AC game in a long time. My 2 favorite missions are climbing the Eifel Tower and chasing the hot air balloon. I love Assassinations even though I usually ended up going the Altair route after doing a lot of sneaking.

Hated:
The stealth, I appreciate the re emphasis on being stealthy because it was a lot harder to fight people but..... if you're going to emphasis stealth you have to give players the tools to use it. How is Ubi's biggest franchise and it has the WORST stealth mechanics? FC3, FC4, SC: Blacklist, Watch Doggies all have better stealth mechanics, better ways to distract guards but in this game..... nope! you can barely move from cover to cover. Your only option for distracting a guard is the stupid cherry bomb. Why can't I move bodies/hide them? that's redunkulous in a stealth game. Where's my whistle? I know it was OP but dang gimme sometinh

Da glitches- I made it through most of the game unscathed but in the back half I got some glitches getting stuck in hay etc. But the Co-op was very glitchy, invisible enemies, not being able to attack enemies a lot of weirdness.

Co-op was also pretty laggy at times which threw off the whole combat thing.

Combat- I guess different stroke for different folks and maybe it was supposed to be more like fencing but gosh it was just so slow, and then you had to pay a ton of sync point to open up the better moves dahell.jpg weak

Microtransactions up the wazoo/annoying companion app. IT's a shame bc the AC companion app on black flag was really great but this was a complete piece of trash.

??
- Did they actually live up to the new mission design stuff? did prior missions have any impact on future missions? I think there were 2 "tailing" missions in the whole game but they were talking a lot of stuff before the game came out.

If I were going to rate this I'd probably give it like a 7.5 it some a lot of good ideas for the series but just not executed well enough.

In the annals of AC rankings hmm AC:B>AC2>AC4>AC3>AC:U>AC:R

At times I felt like the game was actively preventing me from having fun with it and was just trying to frustrate me. But a other turns it was a very fun experience.

GravyButt

So I downloaded unity on the xbox one with the packged card from the one purchase. Downloaded it right before thanksgiving but never played it. Went to play yesterday and it said to download a 40gb patch. Da F? I said screw it ill ask on here. How do I fix this, and has ubi given a timetable?

Also whats this im hearing from my friends about a free game?!

SJRB

Gold Member
Amazon.uk have it on sale for £25.00. Is it worth it? I'm still not sure but I'm torn at this price...

It is unfortunate [but understandable] that all focus has been going towards the technical aspect, because Unity is a good game and a great attempt at a return to form.

The city is by far the best to navigate, the story is good, many good characters, Arno and Elise are GREAT, the music is good. Extreme amount of customization, especially for an AC game. Side missions that are new to the series, especially the murder investigations are such a breath of fresh air because of how different they are from the normal gameplay pacing.

It is obvious a lot of love went into making this game, from a design/aesthetic perspective.

Putty

I've ordered it for £25.00, but I'm not gonna open it until I've finished with FC4, DC and GTAV, by which time I'd like to think a few more patches had landed,

Top Bottom