• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

I'm sorry to ask lads and lasses as i'm sure its been asked a ton lately, but hows the PS4 version currently?

Quite improved with the latest patches?

I'd quickly research but am getting ready for work and out the door soon, may pick it up when on break if its in better shape.

Cheers.

EDIT: horrid typo!

zlatko

Banned
I got the game is corrupted error today on PS4.

Uninstalled game to try to see if it'd work 3 times.

No dice.

Welp... never going to complete it now. Back to gamestop you go. I'll take even 10 cents for this. Any positive t hings I had to say about this game experience is out the window now.

Ubisoft will never get me to buy a AC game again. Well done.

Lrrr

I got the game is corrupted error today on PS4.

Uninstalled game to try to see if it'd work 3 times.

No dice.

Welp... never going to complete it now. Back to gamestop you go. I'll take even 10 cents for this. Any positive t hings I had to say about this game experience is out the window now.

Ubisoft will never get me to buy a AC game again. Well done.

Wait, is this a thing? People are getting corrupted save files with Unity out of nowhere? Is this just on PS4 or XB1 as well?

I came here to post this video called 'Assassin's Creed in real life' to ask if anyone had seen it.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=720797417998644

RowdyReverb

I'm sorry to ask lads and lasses as i'm sure its been asked a ton lately, but hows the PS4 version currently?

Quite improved with the latest patches?

I'd quickly research but am getting ready for work and out the door soon, may it pick it up when on break if its in better shape.

Cheers.

Ask again next week after the latest patch. I can tell you that it's playable in its current state on consoles, but you have to be tolerant of framerate in the 20s and combat/stealth quirkiness. Also, I haven't been able to connect to Ubi servers in like 2 weeks on XB1, so I don't know what the deal is there.

Ask again next week after the latest patch. I can tell you that it's playable in its current state on consoles, but you have to be tolerant of framerate in the 20s and combat/stealth quirkiness. Also, I haven't been able to connect to Ubi servers in like 2 weeks on XB1, so I don't know what the deal is there.

Thanks for the reply, i actually did pick it up for $30 Canadian brand new from a store that deals in mostly used merchandise, they actually had quite a few. Odd, and unexpected.

However, AC Initiates won't sync with any of my past games and just shows me at level 1, anyone have a trick to get it to work properly? I tried last night and again today, and nothing.

EDIT: I cannot believe how bad the pop in is, i know people complained about it but its quite a bit worse than i expected, but on a positive note the visuals are quite lovely and some of arnos animations are superb. Enjoying playing with the French audio track and English subtitles, very glad that was an option!

CozMick

Banned
I absolutely loved playing through, AC, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and 3.......but loathed Black Flag.

Will I enjoy Unity?

I absolutely loved playing through, AC, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and 3.......but loathed Black Flag.

Will I enjoy Unity?

Honestly, you probably will. Its a more focused experience so far (not that far yet), close to AC 2, brotherhood and revelations.

Though, i loved black flag. Just as much as 2.

I will say Unity is still a big mess, framerate and pop in is still atrocious. Initiates and the companion app are rough (companion app keeps crashing for me =/, Initiates won't sync with older games). There is a huge patch coming tomorrow and like someone advised me, best to wait and see how much that improves things.

I wish i'd held off until the next patch, but i found a copy for rather cheap and dove in.

CozMick

Banned
Honestly, you probably will. Its a more focused experience so far (not that far yet), close to AC 2, brotherhood and revelations.

Though, i loved black flag. Just as much as 2.

I will say Unity is still a big mess, framerate and pop in is still atrocious. Initiates and the companion app are rough (companion app keeps crashing for me =/, Initiates won't sync with older games). There is a huge patch coming tomorrow and like someone advised me, best to wait and see how much that improves things.

I wish i'd held off until the next patch, but i found a copy for rather cheap and dove in.

Thanks for the info, I'm a sucker for digital downloads and its £39.99 on the store until the morning (cheaper than amazons disc version) so waiting isnt an option :p

Gonna jump in, thanks again ;)

Thanks for the info, I'm a sucker for digital downloads and its £39.99 on the store until the morning (cheaper than amazons disc version) so waiting isnt an option :p

Gonna jump in, thanks again ;)

Of course man, glad to help. I will add that ubisoft often have pretty great sales post holidays so waiting two weeks or so, you may be able to nab it for that price or even cheaper.

However i did the exact same thing as you and jumped right in as soon as i found it cheap, if you're playing on PS4, feel free to add me (psn: jacob_armitage) for some co-op missions (which you'll unlock two hours in or so).

SJRB

Gold Member
Just did the Political Persecution co-op mission twice to get Arno's Master Coat; NEVER AGAIN. Jeesh that was so bad, the mission's design is beyond tedious and seems built purely to troll the player.

The Master Coat is pretty boss though, so I guess it's not a total loss.

pSginhb.jpg

Not sure what kind of turf war I stumbled into, but I want no part in this.

CozMick

Banned
Does acinitiates not work properly for anyone else?

I've played and finished all previously released AC games but only Unity is showing as being played :/

Just bought the game on ps4.

Kabouter

I've played and finished all previously released AC games but only Unity is showing as being played :/

The only thing it doesn't sync for me is the companion app, other than that, everything is synced correctly now. That said, from having read this thread for a while, I seem to be the person with the fewest issues with Initiates. Tons of people have described issues similar to yours.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

The Initiates team plan to deploy a patch next week to address this issue, amongst others.

It's a shame that Arno is only going to get one game, I really like his backstory and if he'd been given a chance to have some proper character development in regards to his training as an Assassin then I's argue he may have even turned out better than Ezio.

Aces&Eights

Question for TechGAF: is it possible for the pop in to be fixed in this big patch tomorrow? I know they are attempting to fix the frame rate a little but aside from that, the pop in is just so immersion breaking that I havn't played the game for 3 weeks hoping for a fix.

I finished the game at launch and traded it in, rebought this weekend to fill in a b2g1 coupon. I really do enjoy parts of the game, especially the Investigation stuff. I pretend I am Inspector Clouseau and question every single person with an atrocious french accent, I could play an entire game or DLC of just inspections - my absolute favorite part of the game.

No patch yet and so many pop-ins and frame slowdowns and little polish turds they missed though. For example when doing investigations when you interact with a clue the database popup comes right on top of the clue text, making both completely unreadable for about 10 seconds while you wait for the database popup to go away. Just hundreds and hundreds of little things like that in the game, if they had spent 6 more months on the game it could have been so much better :(

dunno if someone mentioned it earlier but game is $29.99 on amazon today for all platforms, including PC digital. I own both ps4 and pc (traded for one of the nvidia codes), will probably play the PC version later this year once it gets all cleaned up.

iNvid02

in case anyone was still waiting

makes sense if you think about it, get as much shit done as possible to improve performance before everyone goes home for the holidays

KzfWaAw.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
in case anyone was still waiting

makes sense if you think about it, get as much shit done as possible to improve performance before everyone goes home for the holidays

KzfWaAw.jpg
Oh ok then, wanted it today. Guess i'll just stick with Dragon Age for the time being, having alot of fun with that. Sounds like they're committed to making this patch make the game run very well. Wonder what refurbishing means? :O

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I bought season pass in preparation for AC Unity off my parents for Christmas, I've proof I have it etc so what would I do?

Ade

I bought season pass in preparation for AC Unity off my parents for Christmas, I've proof I have it etc so what would I do?

As said several times in this thread (and at least once to you directly) they will have a site up this week where you can sign in and redeem your game, provided you've actually redeemed a season pass.

They've said people who hadn't redeemed by the 26th of November may have to wait longer.

Just got the game and was hoping you guys could help me with a couple things.

1. How do you go back to previous areas in order to get all the chests and etc. that I missed. Do i just have to replay old missions in order to get back there?

2. Trying to get the initiates chests but it keeps erroring on me when i try to create an initiates account. I have my uplay account linked. Should I just try this again later?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
As said several times in this thread (and at least once to you directly) they will have a site up this week where you can sign in and redeem your game, provided you've actually redeemed a season pass.

They've said people who hadn't redeemed by the 26th of November may have to wait longer.

but how will they know ive redeemed it, only redeemed it via playstation store

Koralsky

Ok, I used to like AC series, and beat every game before Revelations (have the game, but yet to play it). So, I've yet to see Ezio's story outcome.

I also have Rogue, AC III (I should bye Black Flag sooner or later) from the second trilogy.

And I have Unity for my PS4. So my question is, can I play Unity without spoiling myself Ezio's outcome, or the outcome of the second trilogy?

Sadly, I know Desmond Miles will die at some point, but I don't know in which AC game.

bumpkin

Just got the game and was hoping you guys could help me with a couple things.

1. How do you go back to previous areas in order to get all the chests and etc. that I missed. Do i just have to replay old missions in order to get back there?

2. Trying to get the initiates chests but it keeps erroring on me when i try to create an initiates account. I have my uplay account linked. Should I just try this again later?
1. You can go back and replay sequences via the Progress Tracker menu.

2. The Initiates site and the Companion App sync'ing are totally screwed up right now. The Initiates site's been messed up for weeks, in fact. :(

1. You can go back and replay sequences via the Progress Tracker menu.

2. The Initiates site and the Companion App sync'ing are totally screwed up right now. The Initiates site's been messed up for weeks, in fact. :(
Thanks for the reply. So there is no way to just free roam Versailles after you have completed the area?

Holy shit, this game gets good going into the final acts. Sequence 8, 9 and 10 were great!

Thanks for the reply. So there is no way to just free roam Versailles after you have completed the area?

You can revisit Versailles at anytime via the carriage in-front of the Cafe Theatre.
You also revisit it during Sequence 11, but you're hungover and they may be a limit on where you can go, I didn't try personally.

Top Bottom