• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Joeki11a

Banned
So I did a Ubi survey about the future of AC and yesI saw what could be the next historical times ones you been salivating for were all there,plus I saw some that pretty sure nobody thought about.

Also had alot of ideas that makes it seem they want a always Online AC game as in Destiny style.

They wanted to know if you would like the
naval aspects to be taken further in
Historical times, as in World War 2...yes they
mentioned that.

Let me just say the ideas

Vikings
Japan
China
"futuristic"
Cold War
Modern Day only(this was odd)

Kabouter

Quoting from memory, my companion app breaks as follows:
  1. Download, install app.
  2. Everything works as long as I don't log into UPlay.
  3. Log in.
  4. Broken state is restored, wherein:
  5. My progress for the first tutorial mission is stuck on the last step (cannot remember the name). This step requires a lv3 assassin. My roster only has those two default lv2 assassins. I cannot train them up. I cannot reset my progress. I cannot do anything else.
The fun part is that I have an excess of 4000+ app resources.

Man that blows :/. Did you e-mail Ubi support about this?
Alos, 4000+ isn't much ;). I have something like 110k nomad points :X

Ade

So I did a Ubi survey about the future of AC and yes
I saw what could be the next historical times
the ones you been salivating for were all there,
plus I saw some that pretty sure nobody thought about

also had alot of ideas that makes it seem they want a always Online AC game as in Destiny style.

Historical times, as in World War 2...

Your Haiku like post scares me.

FWIW they've sent nigh identical surveys, with the same options after almost every AC game.

They're clearly building towards a pseudo MMO style game where you create your "own" Assassin and dive into various Helix servers set in different time periods. The rift mechanic and the "modern day" plotline in Unity makes that abundantly clear.

glaurung

Did you e-mail Ubi support about this?
I have a ticket open with Ubi support.

But as I said earlier, my hopes aren't high that they'd get around to resolving this. I foresee only two options for a solution: 1) reset my user account state on the UPlay servers (which they won't do for a singular customer); 2) implement a reset button on the application itself (would require additional development, testing, time - meaning they won't do it because fuck you that's why).

Meh.

Joeki11a

Banned
Your Haiku like post scares me.

FWIW they've sent nigh identical surveys, with the same options after almost every AC game.

They're clearly building towards a pseudo MMO style game where you create your "own" Assassin and dive into various Helix servers set in different time periods. The rift mechanic and the "modern day" plotline in Unity makes that abundantly clear.

They are just merging whats going on in the studios, look at The Division...they want that for AC, the survey was also mostly about
Rogue though, they thanked me for buying it
guess it bombed at retail.

The map in Unity is just littered with shit all over. It's a shame because underneath all that junk, it's actually a quite cool map viewer.

Agreed, love the 3D models on it. It's a shame that 1) you don't get to see them until you clear a good portion of the side missions which takes aaaaages and 2) there are so many icons they overlap and hide other icons.

And the map filters are useless - often all I wanted to see was a specific icon (Paris Stories or Enigma or whatever) plus fast travel icons, so I know where I'm going and how to get there. Instead it would be switching to the Mission filter, then back to the All filter.

Oh vey. Minor complaint.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Also had alot of ideas that makes it seem they want a always Online AC game as in Destiny style.

So I should enjoy Assassin's Creed now, while it lasts, because it will soon be always online (as in: Worth exactly zero cents to me)? So the internet is really the devil's invention...

B4D1E

So I did a Ubi survey about the future of AC and yesI saw what could be the next historical times ones you been salivating for were all there,plus I saw some that pretty sure nobody thought about.

mentioned that.

Vikings
Japan
China
"futuristic"
Cold War

I never thought about an AC Vikings. If they could shape a cool story around Norse Mythology, it would be a great setting. But it wouldn't work gameplay wise, I don't know if there were big Viking cities or just small villages.

If the franchise is going the Destiny route, then Ubi will lose a faithful fan of the series. I don't see myself playing AC online.

Doc Morbid

Neo Member
The only one that I think is actually impossible solo is The Tournament; the rest are all doable.
The Tournament is doable as well, I've done it myself. The flag-collecting part is pretty tough, but once you figure out a good route you should be fine and make it with plenty of time to spare. You'll also want to bring your tankiest armor and a whole bunch of consumables for the fighting part.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I hope we will see the futuristic AC before it goes always online, I'd love climbing in a futuristic world where developers are not bounded by what is realistic in the time period :).

Chasing the platinum for this, had a blast, best creed since 2.

Loved my experience so far it's a Shame the majority hasn't.

Massive anti online gamer but I even enjoyed the co-op.

Salz01

Really hoping the patch improves frame rate (I'll say across all platforms, but really hoping especially on ps4). Because I'll get it then.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I've said it before, but the Companion App is a huge insult to fans. For me it's insulting how long it takes to unlock everything on it. There is no reason for ANY mission to last longer than 2 hours. I do plan on finishing it up.

I also find it insulting how much is locked behind it and how long it does take to unlock.

I thankfully haven't had my progress reset, but I am not getting to the upper level missions and I am hearing that some of them can last as long 48 hours. I mean, why the fuck?

Kabouter

I've said it before, but the Companion App is a huge insult to fans. For me it's insulting how long it takes to unlock everything on it. There is no reason for ANY mission to last longer than 2 hours. I do plan on finishing it up.

I also find it insulting how much is locked behind it and how long it does take to unlock.

I thankfully haven't had my progress reset, but I am not getting to the upper level missions and I am hearing that some of them can last as long 48 hours. I mean, why the fuck?

The last level of the top mission takes 48 hours yes. The two preceding it take 24 and 36 hours. You need to go through that three times to get the Altaïr outfit. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Finally finished the unity download. (41.1 GB). The framerate is pretty bad in parts. good lord why didn't they get it running better! But yeah, you can get some of these Xbone digital codes for really really cheap online if you know where to look.

painey

mentioned that.

Vikings
Japan
China
"futuristic"
Cold War

All of these (apart from futuristic I believe) are mentioned in BF and Rogue notes in Abstergo. Also, there was lots of mentions of Ancient Egypt and India. Seems like they have lots of good ideas, but knocking these games out every year seriously waters down their market.

Does anyone know the name of the region/area on the map where that one domed room everyone keeps screenshotting is? It's the one with all the paintings on the ceiling and the topless statues on the walls. And no I'm not going there for the statues.

Kabouter

All of these (apart from futuristic I believe) are mentioned in BF and Rogue notes in Abstergo. Also, there was lots of mentions of Ancient Egypt and India. Seems like they have lots of good ideas, but knocking these games out every year seriously waters down their market.

I really hope they end up doing one in Mughal India at one point.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Future AC is what I really want to see. Set in 2055 or something.

Kabouter

Definitely not for me, they can just set Watch Dogs 2 further in the future or something :p. I love exploring historical worlds in Assassin's Creed, franchise would suddenly become way less interesting to me if they stopped with that.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I've waited way too long to go to Victorian London to want to go to the future.

40tExBa_RTrF.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

At best maybe a flashback gameplay segment set in the first civ cities which were futuristic.

The Egypt game existed at some point in time. Whether it is still in development is a different question.

Shot from one of the emails in AC4.
sajwVDm.jpg

Leaked pic from long ago.
VXM1RJO.jpg

I've waited way too long to go to Victorian London to want to go to the future.

40tExBa_RTrF.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

At best maybe a flashback gameplay segment set in the first civ cities which were futuristic.

I can't wait for Victorian London! 1920s US and somewhere in Asia would be also be sweet.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Plot twist:
the modern day stuff was actually another layer of the animus. The "real" modern day stuff was set far in the future.

But yeah I hope they keep going back.
If they actually announce a modern day setting, you'll see me in the corner doing this.
we-have-to-go-back.gif

I do not want a modern day assassin's creed. ._. The modern day assassins don't even go around assassinating everyone who disagrees with their ideals anymore. Wouldn't mind a game version of that Daniel Cross comic though.

Paganmoon

I really hope they do end up going for Ancient Egypt at one point as well. Ancient Greece too.

I don't know, will there be enough buildings to climb? One of the (many) reasons AC3 didn't click for me was that the parkour wasn't really "there".

Plot twist:
the modern day stuff was actually another layer of the animus. The "real" modern day stuff was set far in the future.

But yeah I hope they keep going back.

I think that was actually a fan theory during the Ezio/Desmond games. Specially due to some Subject 16 dialog.

Gbraga

Today I finally go back to playing Unity, is playing online alright now or should I still play offline to avoid issues? I'd like to give co-op a try.

I'm on PC, don't know if that makes any difference.

Well the auction i won on ebay for $29 for black flag and unity was worth it. I am enjoying the games. I do like the location/environments for black flag a little better.

painey

you know I am loving Unity despite the major flaws.. it's the first AC in a LONG time I have actually put time into doing the side missions and collections as opposed to just running through single player, but MAN, do I miss the structure from AC1. I miss doing all the legwork that would lead up to one big assassination.. ever since AC2 the game has been so easy and throws so many targets at you that killing these 'bosses' never really feels that important.

Top Bottom