• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I completely forgot about asking this. Is anyone playing the game in French, with English subtitles?

I believe people said that it was an actual option. I'm actually torn, almost 11 hours before it launches for me.

Me. I played in English in the other games (not Italian :p) but this time it just feels right to play the French revolution in French.

edit: That being said I speak French so I don't need the subtitles.

ironcreed

Banned
Arno and Elise are just great. Loving the story so far.

13242_794424087288027_5476939391329340444_n.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
Played through the intro. The people calling this an ugly game need to go get lasik. This game looks gorgeous even on consoles. Framerate hasn't really affected my gameplay yet but it started to get dodgy in the prison part. So that's a legit concern if it gets worse.

Arno pretty much seems like Ezio so far. That's a good thing after annoying Connor. Pirate Edward wasn't a memorable character and I can't actually remember much about him.

Free running never gets old. I feel so cool watching Arno scramble around Paris making acrobatic leaps. Hopefully the story holds up. That was the weak point of ac4 to me.

I feel like I should be playing this in French but I fucking hate subtitles. It's so hard for me to read and concentrate on the action on the screen at the same time.

sueil

Did anyone notice the game is straight up missing from Steams top 100 game's list where it lists current players and peak? The 100th place game only has 1000 people so you know it would be on the list but it is not on there at all.

Despite the framerate drops and graphical glitches I'm actually having quite a bit of fun with this game so far...that is until it crashed and I called it for a night.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Arno and Elise are just great. Loving the story so far.

13242_794424087288027_5476939391329340444_n.jpg
Loving the chemistry between them. Think that was the only time i've seen a kissing scene in a game that doesn't look awkward. I'm actually having a shit ton of fun with this right now.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just ran into a hilarious Easter egg

In a yard behind a house there's an npc sitting on the ground talking to himself in front of a dead rat. He is talking in two different voices calling out to "precious" in French. Fucking Gollum npc lmao.

First rift was really cool. Hope there's a lot more because that was definitely the most interesting thing so far. And surprisingly, it ran a lot smoother than the rest of the game. Maybe it has to do with, I don't know, the lack of hundreds of useless NPCs?

I'm 3 or 4 hours in...and having a great time. It has all the same stuff that makes other AC games great, but it looks way better.

I wish the frame rate was better but I can deal with it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Are those other locked sequences in the abstergo/helix intro playable later on or are they just teasing us with that gallery of assassins?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Are those other locked sequences in the abstergo/helix intro playable later on or are they just teasing us with that gallery of assassins?

Nah that was some weird attempt at surprising us, when we knew full well that we were playing a game set in French Revolution. They tried to do the "oh my game got hacked and now I'm the main character" MGS2 thing but it doesn't make any sense. It's pretending you don't know you'll play a game about the French rev, that you do so as a result of a hack, but of course you know. It just makes it confusing.

Man, I despise the future time sections. Why can't ubi just drop that and focus entirely on the time period. Constantly reminding me it's a game does not help immersion

ironcreed

Banned
A lot of the negativity was starting to make me fear the worst, but the game is living up to my expectations more and more. All AC games have had some jank, but they have improved everything else around that, making it less offensive to me here than it was in past games (which I still managed to enjoy). The story is looking like it is going to be my favorite by far as well.

Oh, and I like how they try to emphasize stealth early on. But the combat also feels like a big step up. Screw the hate. I actually am loving this game.

Epcott

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with the meta "you're playing a video game created by an evil organization" in Black Flag, so it's disappointing that they're sticking with it.

It's also disappointing that there are no more accompanying gangs of whores (I mean courtesans) and armed thugs... Or at least there are none for me so far.

Side note, I have a hybrid HDD and the game playing from it, yet the loading in the PS4 game is sooooo bad. Is it possibly worse playing it via disk?

Vire

The loading and framerate is just really hampering any sort of fun I could have with the game. What a bummer.

Is anybody else on the PC version seeing massive 5-6 second hiccups? The entire game freezes during gameplay. It doesn't seem to be tied to 'saving' either.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely disgusting mess.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/25096099165933611/B2EE2800400B8C2408DBAA28BDEF8D22EAE92862/[/IM G][/QUOTE]

Whoa dude, being blind is not a disgusting situation.

DOWN

Banned
Yeah, I wasn't too happy with the meta "you're playing a video game created by an evil organization" in Black Flag, so it's disappointing that they're sticking with it.

It's also disappointing that there are no more accompanying gangs of whores (I mean courtesans) and armed thugs... Or at least there are none for me so far.

Side note, I have a hybrid HDD and the game playing from it, yet the loading in the PS4 game is sooooo bad. Is it possibly worse playing it via disk?

You can't play it via disk. PS4 and Xbox One can't run games from the disk.

So PS4 players:

I have this sitting beside me sealed. Is it even worth opening with how bad the performance is?

Chill bud. It's like Mass Effect 1. It is generally in the mid 20s and looks beautiful, but could have been smoother. It's one of the best AC games yet. It is not broken, it just may be below your standards for quality in performance.

Anyone else experiencing no achievement unlocks? I'm already in sequence 2 and haven't unlocked a single one. Superficial bug, but i'm surprisingly annoyed by it.

Canucked

This morning I was regretting my purchase. The game came this afternoon and after a few hours with it, I'm enjoying it. The frame rate is bad, I won't deny that, but Paris and the characters are great.

Leeness

A lot of the negativity was starting to make me fear the worst, but the game is living up to my expectations more and more. All AC games have had some jank, but they have improved everything else around that, making it less offensive to me here than it was in past games (which I still managed to enjoy). The story is looking like it is going to be my favorite by far as well.

Oh, and I like how they try to emphasize stealth early on. But the combat also feels like a big step up. Screw the hate. I actually am loving this game.

High five, same here. Played for about five hours today and really enjoying. It's got its AC jank and a little extra because of new engine, the things they tried to do, but it's not hampering anything for me. I haven't seen any horrible drops in frame rate or anything.

Love Arno, love Elise, love Paris. Yay.

Came here to ask the same thing. Just got into Sequence 2 and no achievements so far

I just noticed the achievements app has little progress bars for each achievement. The first 4 that show up all have 100% filled in on that progress bar, but the achievements are still locked. Very odd...

Chill bud. It's like Mass Effect 1. It is generally in the mid 20s and looks beautiful, but could have been smoother. It's one of the best AC games yet. It is not broken, it just may be below your standards for quality in performance.

I'm definitely not sorry I bought it. Took an hour maybe, but I'm hooked like every other AC.

Return/sell it, wait for word on a patch. It'd be a perfectly normal AC game if the technical issues were resolved.

Cool. I'll think I'll sit on it for a day and thank about it but thanks for the info.

Mifune

Mehmber
Sounds like the game is pretty good barring technical issues. So I'm gonna hold out for a patch or two before buying. I really want to play it but I don't want the experience ruined by bad framerate and glitches, nor do I feel right supporting Ubi when they knowingly put out a defective product.

DOWN

Banned
Ha, I keep forgetting how this gen the entire game is extracted from the disk. If loading is this atrocious, I don't see the benefit.

That is the benefit. They'd be multiple times more atrocious if they were read from the disc.

Aces&Eights

So PS4 players:

I have this sitting beside me sealed. Is it even worth opening with how bad the performance is?

I would not open it. Some are OK with the performance but in my particular case it was really bad. Also, locking me out of chests unless I download a 1/2 Gig companion app is lame.

Top Bottom