• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

LbQG0CI.png

Everyone is welcome to come and join in on the fun. Wheels, controllers, TC, STM, however you enjoy yourself. If you are running with something other than a wheel and no aids, please include that with your time to make it easier for comparison.

If you'd like to include videos or pictures of your lap (or laptime), please do. It makes it a little more fun.

It's about having fun and hopefully improving your skills. No one is too slow. Hopefully everyone can find a natural rival. The more people who participate, the greater that chance.

Rules? Do we need any? We're all adults. No need to BS anybody.

Post your times, and I'll keep this updated, and bumped.

1. JamboGT - 1.19.392 Picture
2. Funky Functionality - 1:19.904 Picture
3. Polyphony - 1.20.636 telem picture
4. jimforspeed - 1.20.616 picture
5. SpeedOfNuts - 1.20.668
6. Funky Functionality - 1:19.904
7. Seanspeed - 1:20.964 controller video
8. schennmu - 1.21.524 controller/ABS, picture
9. P3tran - 1.21.626

etc etc

jimforspeed

Neo Member
I am struggling at 1.21.700. I have no idea how to drive these kind of cars, it seems that with some sideways driving it can go well below 1.20.

p3tran

Banned
NO ADDNAN!! wtf dude you craze?
he already has 1.20 with ghost in his face! wtf you doing helping him more?? :D

ps
Jambo, that some impressive driving you must got there.
why dont you upload a replay (1st person) for BT to put along with the topic as reference for other drivers.
I recon you are good enough for the job :)

Seanspeed

Banned
I will probably get this tomorrow. Hotlap competition is too much to resist, even if being on a controller is gonna hurt(maybe).

Business

Just as a very quick preliminary time, 1.20.660, a good bit to come still of course!

heh, 1.20.668. I gave this a go since I won't be able to touch this at least for the next 15 days. Definitely a fun combo and definitely room for improvement.

Started playing yesterday. Had some troubles setting up the wheel (seriously, you have to use the settings posted here for G25) and i'm still struggling to find the right graphical settings, but once i get past that, oh my god, there's so much potential!

The game does a lot of great things. The way it simulates gearboxes, clutches and brake modulation is incredible. There's no way to "arcade" your way around this game, it makes you drive properly and once you stop driving comfortably and try to push for the limits you realize just how hard and intense driving on the edge really is.

I'm still learning everything, learning the best lines and the way the car behaves but it's so much fun.

Driving the Abarth SS and going through low speed corners and powershifting only to find out the car would jump the front suspension and understeer due to torque... banderas.gif

Game is clearly made by motorsport guys you can see this from a mile.

_machine

Okay, finally got around to try the G25 and I'm definitely loving, but I'm still having trouble drifting. Anyone got any tips on drifting with a wheel?

I'll also try to participate in the Challenge tomorrow, I loved the ones we had with pCARS even though I rarely had to time participate.

p3tran

Banned
Have that uploading now, the capture doesn't look amazing, but what can you do!
doesnt matter, this video will be helpful for people that want to participate on the race,
not judge gfx

heh, 1.20.668. I gave this a go since I won't be able to touch this at least for the next 15 days. Definitely a fun combo and definitely room for improvement.
you too?!! oh man, I'm lacking a full second here!
:D

LbQG0CI.png

Everyone is welcome to come and join in on the fun. Wheels, controllers, TC, STM, however you enjoy yourself. If you are running with something other than a wheel and no aids, please include that with your time to make it easier for comparison.

If you'd like to include videos or pictures of your lap (or laptime), please do. It makes it a little more fun.

It's about having fun and hopefully improving your skills. No one is too slow. Hopefully everyone can find a natural rival. The more people who participate, the greater that chance.

Rules? Do we need any? We're all adults. No need to BS anybody.

Post your times, and I'll keep this updated, and bumped.

1. JamboGT - 1.20.660
2. SpeedOfNuts - 1.20.668
3. jimforspeed - 1.21.700
etc etc

Great choice, X-bow feels awesome on that track. I'll see what I can do with the controller. XD

Edit:
Just ran out of gas, thought it was a bug, lol. Best I can do with the controller for now. Everything off, besides ABS:
acs2013-11-1019-48-314hfxd.png

Polyphony

Great choice Big T! X-Bow is definitely my favorite car of the lot so far. I'll be joining you guys as soon as I repair this toilet pump.

Addnan

I can drive the F1 cars in GSC with no assists better than this thing! Best I managed is a 1:25 lol. Put me in last place and leave about 10 gaps :p.

disap.ed

Noob time of 1:24.412 with XB360 controller, ABS, TC and 20% SC and a lot of mistakes.
Hope to make a 1:23:x time tomorrow.

disap.ed

I can drive the F1 cars in GSC with no assists better than this thing! Best I managed is a 1:25 lol. Put me in last place and leave about 10 gaps :p.

Interesting, I find this a lot easier to drive than for example pCARS (with XB360 controller).

Addnan

I can improve a ton, just one corner where I lose all the time since I keep running off and getting a penalty, haha.

p3tran

Banned
I would find this reassuring if you weren't 4 seconds off the pace. ;)
these two dudes are fast re. I still cant break 1.20s
go get yourself a driving force gt pro for 50e and jump in

ps.
NO .ini , .cfg etc CHEATS YOU FUCKS!!! :D or any cheats!! :D

edit: or maybe I am getting old... :D

|
V

OK, I forgot something major I wanted to put in the first post!

Until the game's scoreboard goes public there no point in being the fastest in world. Which is why I'd like to keep setups and fuel levels at default for our challenges. At least for the time being. IMO, they just add to the time sink, and can alienate people who aren't savvy with a virtual wrench. I just want to make it as easy as possible to participate.

It looks like no one here has really gone down the setup path anyway yet, so hopefully no harm, no foul. If everyone did a low fuel run etc, then fuck it. Let's just carry on!

I know not everyone is going to be happy with that, but just hang tight until global scoreboards appear. We'll switch to setups at that point, and share them to make it easy for people who don't want to do it themselves.

Cool? If people hate that, please speak up! However you guys want to do it, is how it should be. That was just my 2 cents.

JamboGT

If it makes you feel better my job is design and setup on a few racing games so there would be something wrong if I wasn't half decent haha

@Ceebs, I use the Logitech Driving Force GT can be got cheaply, the pedals aren't fantastic but the wheel is good.

Cut and spliced some chewed wires and rigged my G27 into working condition again just to give this a go. I haven't tried anything but the xbow/magione combo yet, but the tire model feels so good.

Super sloppy 1:22.12, had been using a Fanatec CSR for 2 years until it also broke, so I have to readjust to the feel of the G27's FF... but I'm loving these physics. Hope my wiring fix lasts.

If it makes you feel better my job is design and setup on a few racing games so there would be something wrong if I wasn't half decent haha

@Ceebs, I use the Logitech Driving Force GT can be got cheaply, the pedals aren't fantastic but the wheel is good.

I'll put you in the "use setups" category. :p If there are more of you (and I know there are), I'll be happy to listen.

jimforspeed

Neo Member
DFGT is a good value, I am using one myself.

I agree on the default setups for now. Revving the 4th gear at the end of the finish straight has to be part of the lap :p

I'd love to participate, but I cannot for the life of me fine tune the controller settings for a feel I am comfortable with.

My CSL wheel stand will be here soon, and I'll hook up the old 911 Turbo wheel to see what it can do.

Either way, the physics engine in this game is the real deal. Can't wait to play it with the right equipment...

Polyphony

I ran a couple of laps and recorded my first preliminary time: 1:21.048 (G27, no aids).

Edit: 1:20.636

Definitely a fun combo! I feel like I could lower this time by sliding around corners a little. Looking forward to seeing Pask or Mark drop into the 1:19-1:18s... ;)

JamboGT

Yeah I think the 18s should be doable, that was done on my first 5 lap stint so maybe even down to 17s? (I won't make it to 17s!)

Did a few laps and I'm stuck at 1:20 flat. I'm not showing my face until I hit 19 :p I still haven't figured out wft gear turn 9 is supposed to be taken at. The car likes 2nd, but I arrive with too many revs to grab it without locking the rears. Let's face it, the default gearing isn't exactly fantastic around here!

There are guys here that can do 18's. Hoping to see them soon!

Good times being set by all. Updating the leader board now.

p3tran

Banned
1:20.636

Definitely a fun combo! I feel like I could lower this time by sliding around corners a little. Looking forward to seeing Pask or Mark drop into the 1:19-1:18s... ;)
great time! whotf is pask and mark?

Yeah I think the 18s should be doable, that was done on my first 5 lap stint so maybe even down to 17s? (I won't make it to 17s!)
you pask or mark? and FU for the bolded part! :D

Finally.
1:19:9

1:19.5xx will probably be my limit.
ok, let me guess... Mark? :D

anyways, nice to see some nimble guys putting down some great laptimes 8)
looks like a bunch of people lapped better than me, and I did a good 25-30 laps. stock settings.

this is what I did earlier, will continue tomorrow.
gaf1rnc1c.jpg

As I said, I was set on having a one second difference to cover tomorrow,
but then this Funky dude goes .19!!!
edit: and BT .20 flat too!!!

I will have to up my game 8)
btw, I'm using a dfgt pro. any tips for the settings of that?
I'm sure there must be something I'm missing here you bastards hahaha

ps. BT, one funny thing that happened, is that Sean got the game and is trying to compete with the joypad LOL. that should be funny tomorrow :D

JamboGT

Finally got another go once NASCAR was over, down to a 1.19.564, will get to 18s I think.
uxfzKQa.jpg

Having a lot of fun with this, so much easier without a ghost in the way haha

Seanspeed

Banned
Was gonna wait til tomorrow, but I couldn't wait and will now probably be up way too late playing this.

So far, well........its amazing. Absolutely amazing. I'm having very little problem with the Xbox360 controller. I don't like the vibration though and there's no way to turn it off. Other than that, I don't think its really holding me back much. Its a little difficult to be smooth into corners and unwinding coming out as expected, but not bad at all.

So far, I'm at 1:21.076. Can definitely knock a good bit off that.

I also saved the lap with Shadowplay and might upload it to Youtube, but I figure I'll probably beat that time and will want to upload my better one. Either way, I'll try and get up something somewhat soon(takes forever to upload to Youtube) so people can see what can be done with a controller. Oh yea, controller settings are default. Haven't touched them apart from remapping the gear change buttons.

ps. BT, one funny thing that happened, is that Sean got the game and is trying to compete with the joypad LOL. that should be funny tomorrow :D
;)

p3tran

Banned
ooohh FFS!! I hate time zones! great laptime Jambo!

OMG! Sean passed me with the PAD!!! I was going to sleep FFS!!
:D

great time! whotf is pask and mark?

image.php
image.php

If Marvel shows up, he'll put some numbers on the board too.

I will have to up my game 8)
btw, I'm using a dfgt pro. any tips for the settings of that?
I'm sure there must be something I'm missing here you bastards hahaha

I'll post my settings in a bit. EDIT: NM, using the same settings as Jambo.

Nice time, btw. Don't sweat it. Just have a good time.

Hey, good news the controller is working out for you, Sean. Proper time too!

JamboGT

Ok, last time for tonight, need to go to bed!

FoAGOaO.jpg

Getting tougher to take big chunks but should get an 18 tomorrow after work.

Top tip, don't use shadows as breaking markers in turn 2, they move :p

Wheel Settings
In Logitech profiler I have:
Overall effects settings 100%
Spring Effect 0%
Damper Effect 0%
Centering Spring Strength 0%
Degrees of Rotation 900
And allow Game to Adjust Settings ticked.

In game I have in Advanced:
Gain 95%
Filter 0
Damping 0.15

Am using a DFGT also so hopefully these will work well for you, I got them off a suggested setup for G25/27

p3tran

Banned
Ok, last time for tonight, need to go to bed!

FoAGOaO.jpg

Getting tougher to take big chunks but should get an 18 tomorrow after work.

Top tip, don't use shadows as breaking markers in turn 2, they move :p

Wheel Settings
In Logitech profiler I have:
Overall effects settings 100%
Spring Effect 0%
Damper Effect 0%
Centering Spring Strength 0%
Degrees of Rotation 900
And allow Game to Adjust Settings ticked.

In game I have in Advanced:
Gain 95%
Filter 0
Damping 0.15

Am using a DFGT also so hopefully these will work well for you, I got them off a suggested setup for G25/27
Thanks for the settings, and great job on the time!

I tested, and now the wheel has much more accuracy, but rattles like a broken fiat,
especially upon the slightest loss of friction. I guess this is extra feedback, but feels strange. certainly different than before, which in comparison seemed like a ..drift setup :D

Anyway, question: you and all the guys that have tried the game, what do you guys think? Like, how good is it?

JamboGT

Hmm you could try increasing the filter and damping in game?

Regarding the game, I am very impressed with it so far, it reminds me in many ways of GT but then has a more realistic hardcore approach to tyre and suspension physics, really good feedback too. The feel of playing is just brilliant.

I think the main improvement to be made is maybe engine sounds (told you it was like GT) but the KTM is pretty good in that respect.

Top Bottom