• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot's Soulless Devotion To The Sony Brand Is A Real Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Kotaku link - If you aren't happy clicking them

Astro Bot is one of the most entertaining and depressing games I’ve played in ages. It’s a loud, unrestrained explosion of creative energy, it’s an antiseptic corporate product drowning in brand fellatio.
A shining example of what current-gen first-party games can be, a dreary reminder of everything they’re not. PlayStation is dead; long live PlayStation.

It's definitely something that some noticed. It's stand out levels were based off of God of War and Ape Escape after all, but that was the point of it, it was a shameless celebration of Sony with some cribbing of Nintendo.

A sterile robot was never going to have the charm of something exciting and well designed like Kirby but I'm not sure it needed a hit piece written about how it's little more than an advert of a glorious past that has long since vanished

Last edited:

jm89

you-mad-mad.gif

kikii

Gold Member
Kotaku link - if you aren't happy clicking them

It's definitely something that some noticed. It's stand out levels were based off of God of War and Ape Escape after all, but that was the point of it, it was a shameless celebration of Sony with some cribbing of Nintendo.

A sterile robot was never going to have the charm of something exciting and well designed like Kirby but I'm not sure it needed a hit piece written about how it's little more than an advert of a glorious past that has long since vanished.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Remember when Kotaku was crying that Nintendo wouldn't let them review Tears of the Kingdom because they helped people pirate Metroid Dread?

Yea, they're fuckheads.
Wait what? I missed this story you wouldn't happen to have a link?Goolgle isonly showing bullshit links to download metroid roms.

Zacfoldor

Somebody mad Astro won goty instead of Rebirth.

Sorry Sony hater, you lost. Bwahahaha. I think I’ll buy TEW PS5 PROS. It’s fine.

nial

Wut?

I thought It's more melancholic because it reminded me how creative, experimental and expressive Sony used to be in the PS1/2/3 era. With Sony Europe and Japan being on point.
PS3 was the beginning of the end for SIEJ. PSP is more like it.

Soodanim

Valid criticism opinion: I miss a lot of the franchises showcased in Astro Bot

Desperate ragebait article: Astro Bot is at fault for that, but I'm not at the minimum word count so I'll pretend a tribute to 30 years of a brand is actually a problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom