• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot's Soulless Devotion To The Sony Brand Is A Real Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGRacing

The real reason Kotaku would hate Astrobot is because it’s a product that reminds customers like me of when I loved PlayStation the most. Reminds us of a company that was incapable of a “Concord”. A company whose failures could still be respected as creative risks.

Astrobot has more spirit in it than most of the remaining PS5 Sony made exclusives combined. Fuck Kotaku.

Thebonehead

Kinda fed up with all these pc and nintendo cunts.

Pc cunts coming into every ps5 and ps5 pro thread jerking off to how awesome pc is , its not fuck off and then you have these nintendo retards who play thr same ahit games the lasr 40 years with zero innovation on a garbage hardware shitting on asrtobot saying its all a mario rip off like where the fuck were you when astros playroom came out??

You pc shills and nintendo retards can get together and suck eachother off.

Nintendo ripps you off with a 400 ass old hardware but noone says anything.
Pc cunts spend thousand every year on their rig just to play the same games everyine else plays but oh wow its 4k 200 fps fuck off.
Xbox fucked all of you and your console is trashcan worth with more and more games not coming out on it or your games go full multiplatform but you still suck xboxes dick.

I said it befor i say again and will atand by it.
I refuse to invest into any of those ecosystems just based on those users mindset.

I am a ps fan since psone days and always will be for the reason that ps users are actually real gamers that play games and dont have time to ahit on everything else.

We dont give a fuck about anything else other than games and here we actually plau games and pay for them. Not this gamepass ahit and what else.

Grow the fuck up and realize , without playstation the gaming industry would be nowhere near where its at.
Go Away Do Not Want GIF

bundylove

Ah c'mon don't be like that, you act like there is no PS cunts around here giving Nintendo users and PC users a hard time for simply enjoying their platforms of choice.😅
We are all cunts lol.

My problem is there are more cunts in ps threads than any other thread.

We need a balance of cunts lol

JimboJones

Well the person who wrote this exagerate a lot. BUT I agree that Astro seems "blank" its universe don't have any identity. As a gaming history fan this is SO FUN to go through the game and discover all the references that the game includes.

But yeah Astro is blank, the characters the design of the enemies, the hero and the environment... Everything is soulless. For me the game reeks of "demo", a small homage game, without any scope or personality of its own.

I thought so when I finished the VR game, when I finished the free game on PS5 and finally the last one too. It's super fun to play, we have a great time, but yeah, no personality.
I'd take Astrobot over something like Sackboy any day though. Sackboy was not aesthetically pleasing to look at, Astrobot may seem a little sterile but I at least like looking at the design.

Hookshot

Gold Member
I'd take Astrobot over something like Sackboy any day though. Sackboy was not aesthetically pleasing to look at, Astrobot may seem a little sterile but I at least like looking at the design.
The articles writer thinks Astro Bot is even worse than sackboy

Astro, on the other hand, seems representative of the company by default: mostly featureless, infinitely mutable, able to stand in for any other character with a quick wardrobe change. (They already sort of tried this with LittleBigPlanet’s Sackboy, though he at least has the benefit of not being designed to resemble a PlayStation controller.)

Sackboy definitely looks more like a Funko with his dark eyes, Astrobot can express more.

Last edited:

bundylove

The articles writer think Astro Bot is even worse than sackboy

Sackboy definitely looks more like a Funko with his dark eyes, Astrobot can express more.
Did you actually play the game or are you just warching youtube videos?

The reason i am attacking you is that you post a bullshit article from a site that has one of the worst reputations , about a game you never played but add your two cents to it.

Would you have play3d the game you would know the article ia full of shit.

TO me yes this is instigation to console warring.

Last edited:

Porcile

The obsession with nostalgia is really lame and getting so old to be honest. Doesn't matter if it's Nintendo or Sony or whoever.

Hookshot

Gold Member
keen to see if some users here keep the same energy going when the new Mario party releases.
Is Mario party a big game on videogame enthusiast forums? I'll be surprised if I see upset posts calling people cunts due to Monty Mole being in it.

If it has online then I full expect people to be swearing at each other over it lol

Without reading the article. I agree to an extent. It's charming and fun but I hope Astro eventually makes its own universe with memorable characters. The reason I think that is because Team Asobi is Sony's best studio AFAIC and lame stuff like GOW shouldn't ride Astro's robotic coattails.

bundylove

Is Mario party a big game on videogame enthusiast forums? I'll be surprised if I see upset posts calling people cunts due to Monty Mole being in it.

If it has online then I full expect people to be swearing at each other over it lol
Answer the question

Ogbert

Gold Member
Kotaku can obviously fuck off with their hysterical angst.

That said, having platinumed the game and loved every second of it, I would like to see the next title strike out as its own thing.

It’s the most enjoyable IP Sony has and Team Asobi has most assuredly earned the right to make its own game.

bundylove

Kotaku can obviously fuck off with their hysterical angst.

That said, having platinumed the game and loved every second of it, I would like to see the next title strike out as its own thing.

It’s the most enjoyable IP Sony has and Team Asobi has most assuredly earned the right to make its own game.
I want a psvr2 version of it.

Aatros resque mission was amazing.

Nintendo dudes would jizz all over that experi3nce

It's obvious Sony (Asobi to some extent) has leveraged nostalgia to introduce the universe of Astobot. It's still soon to see if Astrobot could keep it up in it's own universe, unless the plan is still to milk nostalgia from old ips for fanservice.

Vick

Gold Member
You can always count on Miku, lmao.
Mainstream conglomeration of IPs such as Incredible Crisis, Ore no Ryouri and Bravo Music.
And how to forget other recent mainstream global phenomena such as Golly Ghost, Jumping Flash!, Arc the Lad, Boku no Natsuyasumi, Devil Dice, Alundra, Mister Mosquito..

mQavsOg.gif

fallingdove

Kirby is well designed? Sure.

Astro Bot is a great game — its haters like those in the article and across the web that are contributing to the next crash in video games.

ungalo

Honestly i don't understand how shoving a bunch of references to Sony's IPs through bots costumes and little animations can make those critics have an existential crisis about video games. It's not the first time i read or hear that, that AB is a reminder of what Sony isn't doing anymore.

It's not that it's cheap or fake, but the game doesn't commit to the "Playstation celebration" all that much, and when it does, it's mostly with the recent IPs or ones that i really don't care about and don't wish to see come back (Loco Roco or Ape Escape).

It's not really the core of the game. And i don't have a particular opinion on it except when it's directly related to AstroBot concepts and game-design. I don't think it's particularly genuine from Sony but i don't think it's opportunisitic and awful either.

The problem with video game critics is that they always have to push a meta-narrative (usually about the game industry as a whole) to make it looks like we can say deep shit about a game. They can't just talk about gameplay, game-design and graphics because those are low level conversations to them. They should focus on that because they're known to say dumb shit about very basic things.

Dafegamer

No personality, soulless....
Did they say the same to Sackboy on his Debut? Or Mario? Or Sonic? Or you get my point. This Character is fairly new and a mute Robot, people who played the VR version know that he's full of personality, even more up close with the VR magic

Last edited:

K' Dash

Pc cunts coming into every ps5 and ps5 pro thread jerking off to how awesome pc is , its not fuck off and then you have these nintendo retards who play thr same ahit games the lasr 40 years with zero innovation on a garbage hardware shitting on asrtobot saying its all a mario rip off like where the fuck were you when astros playroom came out??

Pc cunts spend thousand every year on their rig just to play the same games everyine else plays but oh wow its 4k 200 fps fuck off.
Xbox fucked all of you and your console is trashcan worth with more and more games not coming out on it or your games go full multiplatform but you still suck xboxes dick.

I refuse to invest into any of those ecosystems just based on those users mindset.

I am a ps fan since psone days and always will be for the reason that ps users are actually real gamers that play games and dont have time to ahit on everything else.

We dont give a fuck about anything else other than games and here we actually plau games and pay for them. Not this gamepass ahit and what else.

Grow the fuck up and realize , without playstation the gaming industry would be nowhere near where its at.

Now please hit that like , cringe, laugh button to bring my react score up
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

hussar16

I get what you mean its basicly creatively limited by being a sony playstation product. Everhthing from enemies is somehow related to the consoles its like a big selling commercial and thts all

bundylove

No personality, soulless....
Did they say the same to Sackboy on his Debut? Or Mario? Or Sonic? Or you get my point. This Character is fairly new and a mute Robot, people who played the VR version know that he's full of personality, even more up close with the VR magic
You are dealing with a console warrior.

No point telling them how awesome rescue mission was.

These people have 2 agendas for the last few weeks.

NIntendo cunts go after astro yet here we are talking about a 2018 game with a 90 meta score. Where were they 6 years ago?

Then we have the pc cunts in every ps5 pro thread .

Now.

We really need a psvr 2 version of this

Hookshot

Gold Member
Hmm. Was i right about a new found warrior?
Oh yes i was
You seems a little unhinged which is why I ignored you, the constant replying has proven that. There are countless threads about games where people who may not have played them are discussing them on here.
Most don't have a immature sweary people patrolling them like this one, so well done for showing everyone that I got under your skin, now click report like you pathetically threatened earlier and move on with your life.

I will continue posting what I like where I like, until advised otherwise should a mod be as humorless and easily riled as you.

Last edited:
The real reason Kotaku would hate Astrobot is because it’s a product that reminds customers like me of when I loved PlayStation the most. Reminds us of a company that was incapable of a “Concord”. A company whose failures could still be respected as creative risks.

Astrobot has more spirit in it than most of the remaining PS5 Sony made exclusives combined. Fuck Kotaku.
& we have a winner...

Impotaku

Now please hit that like , cringe, laugh button to bring my react score up

sony-fanboy.gif

calm down there sport you sound so triggered that your typing is all over the place lol. sonybros need to grow a thicker skin, the kotaku article is a bullshit hitpiece looking for clicks. Astro is a fantastic game but it isn't the second coming of jesus, the sony game drought has got some people really twisted.

bundylove

You seems a little unhinged which is why I ignored you, the constant replying has proven that. There are countless threads about games where people who may not have played them are discussing them on here.
Most don't have a immature sweary people patrolling them like this one, so well done for showing everyone that I got under your skin, now click report like you pathetically threatened early and move on with your life.

I will continue posting what I like where I like until advised otherwise should a mod be as humorless and easily riled as you.
You never played the game but go with a fake article and then you double down on it. Has nothing to do with you discussing the game in any way.

Whats your goal here?

You might missunderstand calling you out for your fud for getting under my skin.

You want to discuss the game i am all here for it. I can tell you how good it is and that its a breath of fresh air in todays market and we should celebrate this game for how it resonates with a large amount of people.

But your agenda is very clear here. You cant fool me.

BUT i would hope you actually give this game a shot and come back tell us yoir experience. Kinda like this guy...

Dafegamer

You are dealing with a console warrior.

No point telling them how awesome rescue mission was.

These people have 2 agendas for the last few weeks.

NIntendo cunts go after astro yet here we are talking about a 2018 game with a 90 meta score. Where were they 6 years ago?

Then we have the pc cunts in every ps5 pro thread .

Now.

We really need a psvr 2 version of this
Its all good, I spent most of my energy dealing with the other poster in that GOW PC thread. Kinda funny how they wanted to give an example of posting in bad faith, while not even doing the minimum and actually checking the content of the vids they post. Anyway I'm going off topic

Last edited:

Hestar69

If astroboy had scars on his chest kotaku would praise the game..

Also this is from the writer of the article:

so had to make up a stupid article for clicks because the game was "Amazing and couldn't talk bad about it"

And game journalists wonder why people are caring less and less about what they say

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom