• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland |OT| Now With Dual Audio

Vylash

Atelier-Ayesha-Plus-title.jpg

Developer: Gust
Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Platform: PS Vita
MSRP: $39.99
Genre: RPG
Distribution: Digital Only
NA PSN page
EU PSN page
Release Date: March 27, 2014 (JP) January 13th, 2015 (NA) January 14th, 2015 (EU)

New additions

Costumes costumes costumes!

Ayesha Plus features a bunch of brand new costumes exclusive to this version

New bosses!

Lots of new bosses, even some from Escha, will appear.

DLC!

Ayesha Plus comes with all of Ayesha's DLC, including 2 new areas, and Marion and Odelia as playable characters

Album Missions!

Clearing certain missions will remove panels over a picture, remove all of the panels and you can view the image in the extras section

Accessories!

Way too many to count, a bunch are exclusive to Plus

Hard mode and dual audio!

Ayesha Plus features a brand new hard mode for players who want even more challenge, also unlike the PS3 Version, it features dual audio for those who wish to listen to the original Japanese voices.

jwDSouGk0OxuG.jpg

Dual Audio means I'm finally playing Ayesha! I really enjoyed Escha & Logy so I’m expecting a lot from this game.

I really wish this game hadn't come out the same day as freaking Brandish.

also, ohlawd has ruined this OT.

Falk

that puzzling face
Like a chump I have the PS3 version incoming via Amazon.

(I knew about this, still like playing without neck cramps so I guess it's a fair trade-off to not have the additions. I guess I get to participate in the OT anyway so it's all good)

Not my favourite Atelier title, but a solid enough entry. Will pick this up in the first sale like I've done with every other Atelier Plus title.

Oh shit this comes out today? GDI.

I don't really have the time or the money, but I love the Dusk Trilogy (so far, haven't done Shallie yet).

Dual Audio makes me very happy.

Scher

I really wish they'd release the Plus versions physically. I'm going to have to get myself a larger memory card before I purchase this. All that space is already taken up with other Atelier games!

Not sure why, as I actually don't like Ayesha that much as a protagonist (she's basically gentle naivete personified and has basically no other personality traits), but this is my favourite Atelier game. The only reason I might not day-one this is I'm trying to save money.

Dommel

I heard that this game has no time limit. Is that true? Not really a fan of time restrictions in RPGs.

I know nothing about Atelier games but I was planning to start with this one. I loathe time restrictions, would this be a game for me?

Scher

if this is like Escha(the sequel), then the time limit is a joke and no longer anything you even worry about.

Yeah, the time limit is very lenient. When I played through the PS3 version, I think I ended up with a whole extra year that I didn't need, and I can't imagine the additional content of the Plus version requiring a whole lot of additional time.

if this is like Escha(the sequel), then the time limit is a joke and no longer anything you even worry about.

It's not quite like Escha, there's still plenty of stuff you can miss due to the time limit.

However, it is considerably more lax than anything from the Arland Trilogy.

I know nothing about Atelier games but I was planning to start with this one. I loathe time restrictions, would this be a game for me?

If you have absolutely no idea what you're doing and screw up a ton of stuff, then the time limit could become a problem. But every Atelier game since Rorona has eased the time restrictions to the point where it's essentially not an issue anymore (with the exception of Escha & Logy's three-month intervals). Ayesha, from what I remember, only has one real deadline and you have plenty of time. The real challenge is in 100% completion within the time limit, not finishing the game.

Producer

i love the time limit. the dusk series tones it down alot though, and shallie straight up removes it lol

wheres that 10% discount at though? i have $37 in my psn account smh

Corgi

Banned
this series just keep on trucking. reminds me that i never got far in the only one I own (rorona+) because I got sad that rorona got killed by the first slime thing I fought :(

game is harder than dark souls (or more likely I don't get the 'flow' of the game)!

TheChaos0

Hey, I've missed some a character ending or two because I needed like another week! Main story deadlines are very lax. Only Rorona had proper deadlines really.

I find the lack of Wilbell in the OP disturbing...:)

Aexact

How bad are the english voices?
I found them to be appropriate to their characters. Ayesha is soothingly sweet, Wilbell is optimistically bratty, and Nio is be both sleepy and lost as well as tomboyish and energetic. And so forth.

The only voice I didn't care for was Linca's. Feels like she's always saying things forcefully, which is usually true to her character but felt off when she's acting ashamed or worried I guess.

Well, I'd hesitate to recommend it then since some of the "joy" of Atelier games is scrambling to get all the ingredients into place and micromanage them to meet the deadline.You're given a generous amount of time to plan ahead and figure out what things you need to do to get the job done as you advance the character events. It's fun working toward a goal in a set amount of time.

Still, I ended up sleeping on the couch for three months in Ayesha so it's not a harsh time limit. But if you don't like time limits at all, it's going to be an ever present aspect.

Aexact

Atelier Iris

*braces for shitstorm*
It's how I was introduced to Atelier.

Man, that game was ugly. I wouldn't recommend it except out of curiosity. The battle system was simplistic, the world map was slow and blocky, the characters and plot were forgettable. But it was indeed a more traditional RPG adventure fused with Atelier alchemy so maybe it is an appropriate stepping stone.

bomblord1

Banned
It's how I was introduced to Atelier.

Man, that game was ugly. I wouldn't recommend it except out of curiosity. The battle system was simplistic, the world map was slow and blocky, the characters and plot were forgettable. But it was indeed a more traditional RPG adventure fused with Atelier alchemy so maybe it is an appropriate stepping stone.

183498-atelier-iris-2-the-azoth-of-destiny-playstation-2-screenshot.png

Looks good to me. For some reason it looks INCREDIBLY familiar though. It's like I've played it before but I know I haven't.

PSTV compatible?

Z3M0G

Does this still use the turn/days limit? I played through Totori Plus twice to try to get a good ending... and it still didn't happen. Mind you, the second time through was MUCH quicker... but I hate trying to rush things as efficiently as possible to get a good ending. I like to take my time in JRPGs.

This franchise would be fantastic if it wasn't for that...

Top Bottom