• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Community Thread: Successfully synthesized a Barrel!

Vylash

Rorona 3DS

jB0BhpVf5REkp.jpg

jB0BhpVf5REkp.jpg

eff that, Astrid is human garbage
the absolute truth

omlet

I wasn't that interested in getting the Plus versions for Vita in the first place since I have the games on PS3 already but having no physical release definitely killed what little interest I had. So, yes. It wasn't the reason but it was a reason.

SoldnerKei

I am excited for Rorona 3DS, nor only is my fav Arland gal, I would love to see this series on Nintendo consoles again... imagine playing plus versions of the games on the Wii U Gamepad... I'll keep dreaming :c

Arthea

It's just Rorona 3DS stuff, apparently there is an unlockable Atelier Astrid mode

like in you can play Atelier Astrid? That's too good to be true, in fact
I really really want Atelier Astrid game, like enormously want or something (><)

eff that, Astrid is human garbage

you just got on my list, I'll leave you to decide which one!
really how can you not like Astrid?

the absolute truth

you are going on the list too!
to barrels with you both!

Scher

Astrid is awful and she completely ruined Rorona in Atelier Meruru. Screw you Astrid, I wanted to see a Rorona in her 30s! What's even the point of keeping her throughout the Arland trilogy if we don't get to see her grow up all the way?

Vylash

Astrid is awful and she completely ruined Rorona in Atelier Meruru. Screw you Astrid, I wanted to see a Rorona in her 30s! What's even the point of keeping her throughout the Arland trilogy if we don't get to see her grow up all the way?

Astrid's whole gimmick is just being a jerkface troll, she got boring after like 5 minutes

Christhor

Astrid's whole gimmick is just being a jerkface troll, she got boring after like 5 minutes

Astrid wasn't that bad in vanilla Rorona, but whoever decided that she should come back for Meruru is a terrible person.

Either way, it'll be fun to see some more Sterk, can never have too much of that guy. And now we'll get to see him some more before he went insane.

Coxy

Astrid is awesome and I'd totally have bought a standalone Atelier Astrid, not sure I want to play through a downgraded crappy port for it though :(

ohlawd

I only hate Astrid in Meruru and what she did is just full of fuck.

Astrid is awesome and I'd totally have bought a standalone Atelier Astrid, not sure I want to play through a downgraded crappy port for it though :(

not sure why you're whining when it'll probably be a 20 minute excursion for Atelier Astrid.

Coxy

not sure why you're whining when it'll probably be a 20 minute excursion for Atelier Astrid.

because I want a full Atelier Astrid ;_; I will buy it for a high price

*internet high five*
let's ignore all others

*high five*

I wonder if the people who hate Astrid have platinumed all the games and know all the stuff she's done and why she acts the way she does

omlet

I would hate Astrid if I knew her in real life, but as a character in the game she's great. Such a master troll.

You guys' hatred for Rorona's treatment in Meruru is fully justified (drove me nuts, too) but should be directed at the stupid decisions of the director/staff who basically tried to excuse what they had Astrid do with "no one wants to see Rorona in her 30s." Which of course is absurd on several levels.

Christhor

I would hate Astrid if I knew her in real life, but as a character in the game she's great. Such a master troll.

You guys' hatred for Rorona's treatment in Meruru is fully justified (drove me nuts, too) but should be directed at the stupid decisions of the director/staff who basically tried to excuse what they had Astrid do with "no one wants to see Rorona in her 30s." Which of course is absurd on several levels.

It would have been alright, if not for the outcome of the ending where you try to turn Rorona back to normal. That was the ending I got on my first playthrough and it really soured the game for me for a while. The child Rorona aspect was kinda cute, but they definitely shouldn't have done it they way they did.

You know it's bad when they had to patch in an extra ending in the Japanese version, just to appease the outrage over that one ending.

Yaari

Saw a mention of the franchise in the LLSIF thread, might have to try out Atelier Rorona Plus for the Vita. Took me until finding this thread to realize it is digital only. No wonder I couldn't find a store selling it.. haha.

redhairedking

Saw a mention of the franchise in the LLSIF thread, might have to try out Atelier Rorona Plus for the Vita. Took me until finding this thread to realize it is digital only. No wonder I couldn't find a store selling it.. haha.

Yeah, the vita releases are all digital only outside of Japan.

redhairedking

Will fail victim to shitty conversation rate then I gues haha. Do you know any other good JRPG's other than P4G I should look into for the Vita?

Tales of Hearts R, the Neptune series, Disgaea series, Ys Memories of Celceta, and I'm sure there are more i'm forgetting. If you're fine with importing the Kiseki series has a pretty big vita following

Yaari

Tales of Hearts R, the Neptune series, Disgaea series, Ys Memories of Celceta, and I'm sure there are more i'm forgetting. If you're fine with importing the Kiseki series has a pretty big vita following

Awesome! Thanks. I'll look into all of them. That should keep me busy for a while.

redhairedking

I just found out that an Atelier compilation was released in Japan for the Gameboy Advance titled Atelier Marie, Elie, and Anise. Has anyone here played it, and if so how does it compare to the original PSX releases?

Another member on the Atelier Rorona Plus OT suggested I asked this question here, since that thread is kinda dead at the moment.

I'm wondering if there are any major differences between the PS3 version and Vita versions of Atelier Rorona Plus? $10 is the most obvious difference, but I was hoping to find out if the Vita version performs worse, or is maybe missing certain any features, not matter how small? just any difference.

Vylash

Another member on the Atelier Rorona Plus OT suggested I asked this question here, since that thread is kinda dead at the moment.

I'm wondering if there are any major differences between the PS3 version and Vita versions of Atelier Rorona Plus? $10 is the most obvious difference, but I was hoping to find out if the Vita version performs worse, or is maybe missing certain any features, not matter how small? just any difference.
PS3 version performs a bit better, that's it

Christhor

PS3 version performs a bit better, that's it

You also get two hats if you have Atelier Ayesha and Atelier Escha & Logy installed on your PS3. That's about it, you should really just base your purchase on if you like console or handheld gaming more.

Arthea

That cover isn't good, but it's nowhere near worst if things this year go like always.

Also why would they make trilogy with regular Rorona? That makes no sense.

Atelier Rorona in that link is described as having a "stunning cell-shaded animation style".

Well, maybe someone could be stunned...

Quixzlizx

I'm not sure why I would get this if it's just the original versions of the games rather than the plus versions. To handle my LEs less? :p

Top Bottom