• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

I thought mentioning that it came from K-T EU would hint it wasn't MM/DD/YYYY :p

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm always for some reason finding myself with like a month of free time where I already completed everything on the report cards now. :/

Was cruising to 100% assignment completion until Term 8. Couldn't get the Poly. Poison recipe in time. Feels bad, man. I hope there isn't a trophy attached to that...

The four-month term stuff is really throwing me for a loop, even though I've played Rorona. I can't get any real sense of whether I'm actually doing well in the game or about to cruise into the normal/bad ending.

Volcynika

you might wanna start endgame planning when you have free time.

Yeah, I took a break yesterday but today I'll plan on how to do everything in the next to last term to have the most time possible to synth some new equipment for my characters.

Also does anyone rotate their characters usually or just leave someone out? I just leave Reyfer by himself and just use everyone else!

ohlawd

You'll want to rotate everyone into the front-line and battle once in a while if you want all applicable endings to be available. Bear in mind that events are locked by term so if you miss an important one you'll be locked out of a character's ending.

Your biggest worry are the Men's and Girl's Association endings. On an Escha run, you must trigger the ending flags for Linca, Threia and Lucille while Logy needs Reyfer and Awin. So lenient lol Astrid's Ending in Rorona required everyone's flags in one go.

Volcynika

You'll want to rotate everyone into the front-line and battle once in a while if you want all applicable endings to be available. Bear in mind that events are locked by term so if you miss an important one you'll be locked out of a character's ending.

Your biggest worry are the Men's and Girl's Association endings. On an Escha run, you must trigger the ending flags for Linca, Threia and Lucille while Logy needs Reyfer and Awin. So lenient lol Astrid's Ending in Rorona required everyone's flags in one go.

The thing is, at this point, I have no idea about the ending mechanics at all. Though I always go to each event I see whenever I fast travel at least.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The first time I played an Atelier game (Rorona) I was worried that the time limits would be a feature I would hate.

Now it's the defining selling feature for me. I LOVE the challenge of making the best use of the time in the game. :3

Mudo

Been plugging away at this for a few days. I'm at the end of the 2nd main assignment and things seem to have opened up quite a bit. Even with a lot of free time left at the end of these assignments, there is just *so much* to do that I'm stressed trying to figure out how to balance it all. I heard this game was less stressful regarding this which scares me as I'm already freaking out over it!

I downloaded this digital on my original 60GB PS3 and notice there is some kind of stuttering in the game when running around, especially in the town. Is this just the game or maybe because it's digital, or my PS3 model? Otherwise, very pretty game =)

LayLa

finished, got a normal ending
no idea where to find an Elixir Source to disassemble :/
liked a lot of the streamlining they introduced, music was great (apart from the usual terrible 'comedy' bits, why do they do that), alchemy & battle systems may be the best yet?
my only real problem with the game were the two main leads, didn't really connect with them. oh and the many typos, KT I will do QA for next Atelier for cheap.

RurouniZel

finished, got a normal ending
no idea where to find an Elixir Source to disassemble :/

Its in the Unexplored Ruins, but you have to use a Dowsing Rod to find it.

I'm still on the last assignment mind, I hope I can clear it with everything done. :3

Vylash

Been plugging away at this for a few days. I'm at the end of the 2nd main assignment and things seem to have opened up quite a bit. Even with a lot of free time left at the end of these assignments, there is just *so much* to do that I'm stressed trying to figure out how to balance it all. I heard this game was less stressful regarding this which scares me as I'm already freaking out over it!

I downloaded this digital on my original 60GB PS3 and notice there is some kind of stuttering in the game when running around, especially in the town. Is this just the game or maybe because it's digital, or my PS3 model? Otherwise, very pretty game =)

It's probably your PS3, someone else in here had problems with their original PS3 while everyone on slims have no problems

Ugh. I haven't really been doing that at all, partially because I didn't notice any loyalty meters like in previous games. I wonder if this explains why at least one assignment felt like there was nothing to do very early into the term.

Vylash

I could actually write up the community thread if someone just did the picture photoshoppy stuff

I obviously want this very badly

Mudo

It's probably your PS3, someone else in here had problems with their original PS3 while everyone on slims have no problems

Thanks for the heads up. Welp, I think it's time to buy a new PS3 then. Does anyone have advice on models? I see Slim, Super Slim and various storage amounts. I want whatever is best quality/performance wise. Or can someone direct me to a thread about stuff like that? Thanks.

ohlawd

oh hahah nvm. I thought you were nearing the end. You can start thinking about it at the tailend of Year 3.

gist of it is to just farm high level traits at endgame places.

Jisgsaw

Any idea of things I should be looking forward to doing.

I'm not that far yet, only in year 2, so I don't know how much endgame planning I can really be doing at this point. :p

Hold on tight on those usuable items that have only an equiment cost of 1.
And start synthing/having the homunculii synth some more.

If you have nothing to do, just synth the objects you haven't already synth, do request to have candy, and absolutely do duplicate any high quality material as soon as you can (Dunkelheit for instance).

Eusis

Might not be I think, the stuttering may be the screwy FPS. It keeps hitching with movement in some places and makes me question if the engine transition was a good idea. Dark Souls turned out to never have used PhyreEngine but nevertheless they went to an unlocked FPS with DSII and didn't have this issue.

Might not be I think, the stuttering may be the screwy FPS. It keeps hitching with movement in some places and makes me question if the engine transition was a good idea. Dark Souls turned out to never have used PhyreEngine but nevertheless they went to an unlocked FPS with DSII and didn't have this issue.

I'm on a slim and I've found the framerate to be relatively stable, actually. More so than Ayesha for sure.

ohlawd

there were two places that the game was struggling lol.

that house and the village. They both had one thing in common: tons of enemies on the field. I'm talking over 10 mobs.

there were two places that the game was struggling lol.

that house and the village. They both had one thing in common: tons of enemies on the field. I'm talking over 10 mobs.

I just did the take back the village quest last night and don't really remember any struggling.

The only time I remember is when someone gets introduced and you see their name. My game seems to take a bit just during that one part.

ohlawd

I just did the take back the village quest last night and don't really remember any struggling.

The only time I remember is when someone gets introduced and you see their name. My game seems to take a bit just during that one part.
mine was dying like it was calling out to me "shut me off"

the game's got problems, for sure. it's pretty tho so whatever.

RurouniZel

So I got to the game's final boss, and I tried to tackle the harder version because there's a trophy attached to that one apparently.

I was completely and utterly owned. D:

Back to the grind I guess. XD

Rarutos

I'm kind of amused at how easy it is to max out element bars during synthesis with certain items once you get later into the game.

ohlawd

I feel dead inside. Sorry for toaster quality.

irQ2CvQniMOEX.jpg

ARGH I NEED A16 IN ME RIGHT NAO

ohlawd

k maybe I'm high off E&L at the moment but damn man I loved this game as much as I did Totori and Meruru. DAH FEELS

Totori = Meruru = Escha & Logy > Ayesha > Rorona

dat indecisiveness

Shengar

well I'll admit the musou engine does have some shortfalls.

Like fire. Oh man, does it hate fire.

I think it have trouble at rendering particle effects, especially when they are took the majority of the screen. The worst one can drop to framerate into single digit.

Ugh, so many games! I've been eyeing this game for a while, but with Bravely Default, Lightning Returns, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, and Final Fantasy X|X-2 all having just released, I don't have the time (nor much money) to invest in this unfortunately. I hope to pick it up eventually when my backlog isn't so huuuuuge.

fedexpeon

Banned
How good is this game?
I brought it on impulse since it was only $40.
My backlog right now is FF: LR, infamous SS, FF10, DS2.
Should I skip SS and try out this game?

Wish I'd known this when I started. I don't seem to be getting any events with Reyfer anymore, so I think I screwed up last term or the term before. Guess I'll be doing 3 playthroughs rather than 2. On the other hand I still seem to be in the running for Linca, Threia and Awin (playing as Logy, so no Girl's Group =P).

From T-K EU:

Atelier Escha & Logy DLC is coming 08/04/2014 (US) and 09/04/2014 (EU).

Currently in plan:
- Additional Atelier (series) Music Pack (free of charge)
- Additional Collection Area - Palace of Paupers (free of charge)
- Additional Playable Character - ??? (TBA)

As soon as we have everything approved, we'll update you with more solid information! #ateliergames #TKfamily

Eusis

That's a lot of long JRPGs. I would say play Second Son, so that you won't burn yourself out on the genre.
Well, Dark Souls II is a proper action RPG unlike LR, and that has the online community aspect you may not want to miss out on, but I think LR and especially FFX you can afford to wait on. At least if you already played FFX, but even if you haven't you're technically already 12+ years late to the party.

RurouniZel

So I'm trying to make strong weapons and I keep seeing the Properties "Persisting Attack" and "Skillful Attack", but I've yet to find either. Any ideas?

ohlawd

You gotta have the "Relic Change" field event and Dowsing Rod with Amazing Relics active to get the best traits.

Where and what relics are you farming?

Volcynika

Yeah don't think I'll be able to perfect the last term on assignments. Toooooooo many things to do with all these document fetching, item synthesizing, item using, blah blah blah. I did try the special enemies at the far west though, it did not turn out well. :(

ohlawd

don't worry. when you get into the groove and start making the good stuff those guys can't do shit to you.

I can deal like 75k to them with Escha's exclusive item after Double Draw II. That's total damage and using a half assed Roten Blitz. (no access to Logy's exclusive item at the time) Over 100k with some good traits and with Logy's best bomb.

Top Bottom