• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
Damn son. That came outta nowhere.

So that's why they made a big deal about her being able to read what the tinned can said. Brock Lesnar's gotta be one as well then, assuming that was written in Titan or whatever.

Chase17

Reiner is a beast lol. Will be interested to learn more about Ymir/whatever that language is.

This season has been really enjoyable. It's been nice seeing the supporting cast fleshed out.

Another good episode. The season is being consistent in quality for now. Reiner is a badass, Ymir holds up mysteries, the 'are you gay?' scene was funny
and kind of true.
, it had action, and cruel scenes we 'love' to watch.

This B-Team has been far more entertaining than the main cast. It seems that if you are not a rookie, you are fucked. I see why Ymir was hesitant to transform, going by the preview...
She got dealt a shit hand on that titan form

FluxWaveZ

Bummer, those scouts were cool, too. The willingness to kill off cool characters—and in such brutal ways—is part of why I like this show.

Dysun

Didn't expect this season to put so much focus on these 'side' characters going into it, but its been great so far.

Astral

That was a pretty cool cliffhanger. Throughout the last scene I was just thinking "this is fucking stupid. What is she gonna do with a kn- oh.."

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So apparently Tetsuro Araki got shifted to whatever the hell is Series Director is and it is having a tangible but missable effect on Season 2 here as there really have not been any of his signature idiosyncrasies yet.

Geg

Maaan that ending gave me chills. Was not expecting to get to that part today but they handled it perfectly.

Asking something from Ilse's Notebook OVA
The Titan from "Ilse's Notebook" OVA, do we get to know more about him?
The reason I suggested watching Isle's Notebook last week was because
the Titan that speaks says something about the "people of Ymir". It explains why Levi and Hange reacted when they heard Ymir's name in last week's episode.

Astral

I couldn't help but read some spoilers. Is this season likely to end after the
Clash of Titans
arc? If so, that's not a lot of material. I might just start reading the manga.

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah episode 29 was good. 4/4 so far with Season 2.

Next episode should be exciting with Ymir and Christa back story. Looking forward to it!

I couldn't help but read some spoilers. Is this season likely to end after the
Clash of Titans
arc? If so, that's not a lot of material. I might just start reading the manga.

More than likely. They could sneak in some stuff alluding to the next arc.

Kickz

Best episode yet this season. It appears in the preview to show Ymir becomes one of the mini Titans, kinda weird..

I still have no idea what the hell is going on but its super compelling lol

Reiner the highlight of the episode
tumblr_ootnorckEh1riw2dlo6_400.gif

Attack on Titan 29

While I don't think Isayama (the mangaka) is a good artist, he is really good at making visually striking moments like these, and the anime team has done a really good job translating that over.

Good episode all around. The show actually looks consistently good.

This was a fantastic episode. I was not at all hyped about the first season or this show coming back, but I'm really enjoying it.

"Gotta marry her" cracked me up too.

I'll just tag stuff just in case.

So Ymir is really
the tiny black haired titan we saw in the trailers. Thought they looked alike, and didn't want it to be true, but I guess my hunch was right. Judging from her size, and how she's not fighting very well in the preview, I suppose she's not very adept at it.
Next episode is focused on her, I guess.

Now that that's confirmed (speculations based on OVA + current info)
I just skimmed through the Ilse's Diary again, and the titan who spoke "Ymir's people/Ymir-sama" is located between Wall Maria and Rose. I suppose that confirms that Ymir's from inside the walls?
And titan attack titan thing from the start of the episode => titan experiments on villagers and turning people into titans, but retains some of their own personality, so thus the playful "pull your ear and slap you" thing.

Ymir + Reiner
Also that "I can't read this language" twist between Ymir and Reiner. Didn't see that coming :) Reiner (who I suppose is from outside the wall, like Annie) doesn't read it. So it's probably some secret church language...? It also proves they're not from the same faction. Also Reiner's past. :O Bertoit also getting some spotlight.

Survey corps deaths :( Also it's amazing how the Beast Titan can throw a rock and snipe a tower that far away. And now he's gone between Wall Maria and Rose..

Animation quality, again, had some dips, but the final
transformation
was great.

Kazuhira

Fuuuuck,Nanaba's death still gets me...it seems she was abused by his father,fuck this shit man.
May her rest in peace along with Mike.
483f29ce6ea879957710ae948bd9c3a9.png

Kaizer

Banned
Loving the reactions & speculation to this week's episode, it was pretty awesome. Reiner's "Gotta marry her" was hilarious LOL

Actually yelled fuck yeah at the last part of this weeks episode. So damn hyped. I've really been enjoying this, i love how its way more creepy than S1. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Lautaro

The moment I heard that girl was named Ymir I knew what was going to happen because I saw that one OVA (seeing the trailer for this season also confirmed it).

At some point during this episode I thought Reiner
was a red herring but now I'm pretty sure that not only he's a titan but also his friend which makes the whole situation with Ymir more interesting because it makes me think there's more than one faction or agenda going on with the human/titans and there could be a lot more. Maybe this walled country is not the only humans left in this world too.

i feel like ymir got a really shitty titan form i can only imagine the first time she became a titan and saw her self as one of short big head one lol

Kolx

When Nanaba was fighting her injuries were healing immediately (which means she is a titan?), so I guess she didn't die? I remember Reiner getting squeezed really hard one time in season 1 and even we saw the titan fist crushing him with blood and everything and yet he survived it.

Erigu

When Nanaba was fighting her injuries were healing immediately (which means she is a titan?), so I guess she didn't die? I remember Reiner getting squeezed really hard one time in season 1 and even we saw the titan fist crushing him with blood and everything and yet he survived it.
In both cases, that was titan blood evaporating, not their own blood.

As far as I know, a titan-shifter can only heal once they turn into a titan, not while staying as a human.

Can someone summarize these factions theories? I feel a little lost with the story.

There's normal people, titans, the church weirdos, secret titans who seem to have different goals, etc

I feel like Season 1 was a blur to me and I didn't really follow the character names too closely and now I feel like Im paying for it, because I didn't really know who Ymir was. Was she the doctor lady or whatever in season 1 who wanted to examine the titan they caught, but then one night, it was destroyed?

kirblar

Can someone summarize these factions theories? I feel a little lost with the story.

There's normal people, titans, the church weirdos, secret titans who seem to have different goals, etc

I feel like Season 1 was a blur to me and I didn't really follow the character names too closely and now I feel like Im paying for it, because I didn't really know who Ymir was. Was she the doctor lady or whatever in season 1 who wanted to examine the titan they caught, but then one night, it was destroyed?
You didn't get to know Ymir very much because this is the point in the story where you get to know the supporting cast. :) The end of S1 was an awkward breakpoint because of this.

And no, that's Hanji (sp?) who got a massive amount more screentime in S1 than Ymir did.

Knew Nanaba was doomed but started to like the character to root for her to survive. Seems next episode might be a bit slow if they preview spoilers
focus on the flashback too much

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
When did that happen? It's been soooooooo long.
During the trial I think.

Levi beats the shit out of Eren in front of everyone to prove that he can keep him under his control and won't hold back if he steps out of line.

You didn't get to know Ymir very much because this is the point in the story where you get to know the supporting cast. :) The end of S1 was an awkward breakpoint because of this.

And no, that's Hanji (sp?) who got a massive amount more screentime in S1 than Ymir did.

Still, I feel like Im missing a lot of info

Forgot who Nanaba was, but Im guessing she's the woman who was killing titans with the drunk dude?

Dali

How do the small titans work? If the human rests in the nape of the neck like a cockpit, then what about the titans that are too small for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom