• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounded to me like all the people saying THAT'S A SPOILER don't know if it was a spoiler or not, they just assumed it was because he implied a theory was fact. Most of the people calling him out for spoiling something sounded upset that they had just been spoiled, so I'm fairly certain the outrage was from people who haven't touched the manga.

I'm fairly certain, too, but still, saying that it is a spoiler is spoiling it for anyone else who happened to skip over Brakke's post.

DarkKyo

I'm fairly certain, too, but still, saying that it is a spoiler is spoiling it for anyone else who happened to skip over Brakke's post.

That's true. Thankfully I don't think his implication has actually been confirmed or denied in this thread by anyone so technically no harm done in the end.

At this point I hope it just serves as a reinforcement to thread/theory/spoiler etiquette.

Brakke

Banned
Sasha is honestly my favorite character, then it's Hange

I wish I had an ear for Japanese to understand her yokel vs formal code switching better. The English subs made her yokel-speak SUPER pronounced I'm curious if it's that obvious in the Japanese.

Anteater

I wish I had an ear for Japanese to understand her yokel vs formal code switching better. The English subs made her yokel-speak SUPER pronounced I'm curious if it's that obvious in the Japanese.

yea since i don't know japanese i didn't know about it until they brought it up this ep

the interaction between krista, ymir and sasha was cute though, also Sasha soloed that titan shit alone with just 3 arrows :p

Kvik

Just caught up. Another excellent episode.

Apart from Reiner's stoic face + "Gotta marry her" combo, I especially love Ymir's transformation shot. Looks like she traded sheer force (like Eren's) for agility in her titan form.

So, I just started watching. Creepy to see the true colors of the soldiers once they're about to be eaten...screaming no wait, randomly bring up their dad, etc.

The ending is also very weird. The Titans seem hard to control as weapons since they're eating the people it looks like they're trying to round up.

Ok, I'm caught up on the second season, but I want more, and I want it now! So I have a question. The manga. Is it really different from the anime? Should I start from the beginning, or find the point at which we currently are in the story and just go from there?
I don't think I've been this engrossed in an anime since when I was young, and I am not caught up at all in the anime world, so alternate question:
What should I watch while I'm waiting for the next episode?

Big Chungus

Ok, I'm caught up on the second season, but I want more, and I want it now! So I have a question. The manga. Is it really different from the anime? Should I start from the beginning, or find the point at which we currently are in the story and just go from there?
I don't think I've been this engrossed in an anime since when I was young, and I am not caught up at all in the anime world, so alternate question:

It's about the same, you can continue the story if you read the end of chapter 40.

Once you start, you won't stop until you're all caught up and waiting for chapters every month. You won't be disappointed.

DarkKyo

Manga is amazing, it gives me something to look forward to every month. They're just now getting into the "end game" of the series I would say, or at the very least the last third of the entire storyline. It's pretty much identical to the anime so far. When I started reading the manga I started right after the point in the story where season 1 ends but you can't go wrong starting from the beginning.

Only thing is that a lot of people aren't a fan of the art style, and it certainly starts out pretty rough. But the manga artist definitely develops it over the course of the series and it is fantastic now imo.

Uh, manga guys, maybe it's best to leave spoilers you might know instead of highlighting it. I'm an anime only viewer and there has been speculation about who is which, even in this thread.

Preview Spoiler:
I really thought Ymir might have been the colossal Titan. It's hilarious how small she is lol.

Also, the thing in the middle before commercial break clearly speculated that Utgard Castle might have predated the walls. Could explain the weird writing on the cans but not sure if canned sardines can last that long...

cj_iwakura

Having just watched Southwestward, I think in a weird way, this is the most enjoyable season yet. I love the slow burn and building of tension, and I'm intrigued by the mysteries.

Also, the thing in the middle before commercial break clearly speculated that Utgard Castle might have predated the walls. Could explain the weird writing on the cans but not sure if canned sardines can last that long...

Could be also brought in by the previous inhabitants of the castle ("the bandits," as speculated by the crew).

Speculation:
Maybe since Ymir knows how to read it, and there is something regarding the villagers and the titans within the walls, the bad guys who transformed(?) the villagers (also related to Ymir) used the castle as a hideout? idk.

Although labeling supplies with a different language is weird, unless it's imported, but that's impossible due to the walls. Underground secret routes are a no-no too according to the mid-scene tidbit from s1e24 or 25 with that disappearing digger story.

Uh, manga guys, maybe it's best to leave spoilers you might know instead of highlighting it. I'm an anime only viewer and there has been speculation about who is which, even in this thread.

If that post had been presented as 'I think Reiner...' then nobody would've jumped in calling spoiler. His post was stated as a fact and it was something we can't possibly know from just watching the anime, so of course people will freak.
I don't think there's been a single instance of manga guys commenting on/spoiling speculation so far in this thread.

Last season after the female titan operation failed, why was there a corpse with a bite mark on its hand?

Oh you had to bring up Petra didn't you :'(
Her, Oluo and... two other guys (oops bad memory) all bit their hands as an apology for drawing their weapons on Eren when he inadvertently transformed whilst reaching for a spoon.
The event made them realise how hard things are on Eren and what he goes through with having to bite himself to activate and so they did too so they could relate.

Loved this week's episode. Reiner is the best.

Ymir is gonna be dope too, and I'm itching for more titan action.

The irony with the bottle of alcohol was just the kind of dark humor this series needed.

turmoil

Banned
What's happening with this show?

Attack on Titan: "We are all Titans now"

How do you defeat a titan?

With a bigger one of course!

VXWxvCt.gif

Historia,
huh?
Is she a walking history text book like Index (To aru majutsu no Index)? Or maybe someone like the Giver (The Giver)?

RIP Ymir. Also her cursing her name is... weird. Is she from a special family background as well? Also confirmed she's not part of the church.... so... which faction? Why didn't she regenerate from that damage? Reiner also noticed the resemblance between Ymir titan and the titan from his past....

From the preview (+ trailer scene)
Also seems like we're finally meeting the Armored Titan? That episode title though, kinda confirmed who it is.

Auctopus

The pacing of Episode 30 was near-perfect, imo.

I said this earlier in the thread that whilst I enjoyed Season 1, I didn't think it was anything masterful but S2 has been better in nearly every way. Another great episode.

• Loved the music that played during
    Ymir's transformation
  • Mikasa's
    entrance.

FluxWaveZ

I watched the preview, but I didn't really get anything specific from it.

Another cool episode. That moment where Mikasa arrives and the whole troop flies above her was tremendously triumphant.

Xbro

I watched the preview, but I didn't really get anything specific from it.

Another cool episode. That moment where Mikasa arrives and the whole troop flies above her was tremendously triumphant.

I was just referring to the fact that we have to wait a week for the next episode. Watching the preview doesn't help.

DarkKyo

I was just referring to the fact that we have to wait a week for the next episode. Watching the preview doesn't help.

Next episode looks pretty crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if the action happens at the very end of that episode and the crazy looking stuff we see in the preview is the cliffhanger next ep >_<

Giolon

Me while watching:

Yay, Eren finally got a kill! Oh, he fucked up immediately afterwards. That's not surprising. Eren's such a dumbfuck.

Tuck

Me while watching:

Yay, Eren finally got a kill! Oh, he fucked up immediately afterwards. That's not surprising. Eren's such a dumbfuck.

My reaction was: "Wait we're thirty episodes in and he hasn't killed a titan in human form even once...?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom