• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
Heh I'm kinda surprised the show doesn't catch flak for the fact that in a sea of whites the rare Asian is one of the strongest, most valuable ('she's worth 100 soldiers!'), special and desired people in all of humanity. Feels like lowkey propaganda.

It's because we've all been uncomfortable about Super Aryan Goku all these years. Japan can swing back to level that one out, it's fine.

Tuck

That flashback to when they were kids was really pointless. Yes, Eren is useless. yes, Mikasa has to constantly bail him out. We know. It offered literally zero new information and served only as a waste of time.

I agree that the beginning of the episode was a pretty lousy way to end the fight, I was expecting something more hype, but whatever.

Nice to see Jean actually appear on screen and speak for once this season.

So, I'm hating the pacing of this show.
It's absolutely dreadful.

I love how they use this image to advertise season 2:

Yet, this is not going to happen in season 2 since there are only 2 episodes left and we are running "away" from the wall.
I feel like posting that "that's bait" gif from Mad Max right now, I'm pretty disappointed we have to wait a year or more to get there now for the next season.

What a tease...

i know its just a promotional image but this picture has a big error in it - the walls can't be broken by the colossal titan, only the gates.

There are only 12 episodes this season? lol. How exactly did the first season manage to have 25?
I mean it's just a matter of workforce and time. Wit planned season 1 has 25 and planned season 2 has 12. Like right after AoT they have another big project in Ancient Magnus.

Joni

They also seem to base the length of the season around the length of the arc. Current arc is something they can finish up in 12 episodes and tie a nice bow around it. Next one might not be as short to fit in another 13.

kirblar

They also seem to base the length of the season around the length of the arc. Current arc is something they can finish up in 12 episodes and tie a nice bow around it. Next one might not be as short to fit in another 13.
It's likely to be longer. This one was 16 chapters. The next is 20.

gconsole

Even though i dont like the pace of this episode, but Im not sure why would people expect any kind of character development from that flashback? It is obvious to me that they want to mimic the same situation when they were bully by big kids and Eren will always try to fight when Mikasamtry to help, similar to what happen in this fight, end up with Eren has run ( taken ) away and show how Mikasa actually feel. It is all about emotion and thats all. U dont need big Titan fight, or big revelation, or big plot/story move in every episode. And I know that people feel a bit rush when there are not many episodes left in this season. Manga reader should already know where they are going to end the season ( which i personally think it is perfect ).

And all Mikasa one directional character complain, you must be really new to anime or even japanese culture. Surprisingly character like this is very popular among the japanese reader/audience. Ayanami Rei from Evangelion is one good example.

The problem is apparently overproduction. Studios just have too little staff and at the same time not enough budget to hire more people.

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/847616206429224961

This is why I can't understand the people who say to not read the manga. I started watching AoT 4 years ago. I suffered through the four year gap between S1 and S2, mostly because I was so overwhelmed with beginning college that it kind of just faded away. Now that it's back, and I'm insatiable. Twelve episodes isn't going to cut it. I need more. And the manga, while missing music and motion, looks and feels exactly like the show. I don't feel like I'm losing out on much by experiencing it that way.

I can't wait another 2/3/4 years for them to get out another 12 episodes.

Ogodei

I really doubt the whole series is getting made at this point. The cooldown periods kill hype, like when the long gap between season 2 and season 3 for Friendship is Magic helped cut the legs out from the fandom, which never properly recovered.

Properly timed AoT Season 2 would've been hype beyond imagining.

Galava

This is why I can't understand the people who say to not read the manga. I started watching AoT 4 years ago. I suffered through the four year gap between S1 and S2, mostly because I was so overwhelmed with beginning college that it kind of just faded away. Now that it's back, and I'm insatiable. Twelve episodes isn't going to cut it. I need more. And the manga, while missing music and motion, looks and feels exactly like the show. I don't feel like I'm losing out on much by experiencing it that way.

I can't wait another 2/3/4 years for them to get out another 12 episodes.

Putting a playlist on youtube of the OST works wonders.

I really doubt the whole series is getting made at this point. The cooldown periods kill hype, like when the long gap between season 2 and season 3 for Friendship is Magic helped cut the legs out from the fandom, which never properly recovered.

Properly timed AoT Season 2 would've been hype beyond imagining.

It has to be in 2019 as the latest for a 25 episode S3 that includes the next 2 arcs. Manga should end in 2 years max.

LordOfChaos

k9LO9GC.jpg

Potato wife saved Armin the Aryan

She earned the drink

http://i.imgur.com/NwI23rd.mp4

Hellraider

Come on
At least she is good at fighting and does stuff.

Remember the female cast of bleach? What about Naruto? Or hitman reborn?
Mikasa is a deep fucking character next to those

You don't have to go that far. Every single female character in AoT is miles better than Mikasa. Even Ymir, that has pretty much the exact same shtick that Mikasa has, is far more interesting and watchable. There are literally no characteristics that you could give to Mikasa besides her having a hard on for Eren. It's extremely painful to watch even a minute of Mikasa's slower moments. There is absolutely nothing more to her now than there was in the first episode.

Eren also has the very same problems but once in a while remembers to do, think or act in an interesting way. Mikasa never does.

Brakke

Banned
Come on
At least she is good at fighting and does stuff.

Remember the female cast of bleach? What about Naruto? Or hitman reborn?
Mikasa is a deep fucking character next to those

You tried to prove Mikasa isn't that bad, but instead demonstrated that all anime is garbage and it should be illegal.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I already know where this is going end, and it's a good ending point for this season. But I hope season 3 is at least 26 episodes long, because next arc is lonnnnnnngggg and shit gets REALLY dark IMO.

Shingeki no Kyojin - 23

Moar flashbacks ahoy. We already know what Mikasa's deal was with Eren back in Season 1, we don't need a retread of it please. I did enjoy Jean making a comeback and being part of the reinforcements group and the ending was legit. Regardless Reiner/Bertholdt coming out on top was legit and I particularly love how Eren has no arms to transform into Titan form when he woke up. However, Ymir seems particularly fine with both of her arms, is she fine with the kidnapping of her and Eren?

There are only 12 episodes this season? lol. How exactly did the first season manage to have 25?
The problem is apparently overproduction. Studios just have too little staff and at the same time not enough budget to hire more people.

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/847616206429224961

Just for clarification, that's not actually the problem. The real problem is that there aren't enough qualified animators to hire even if they had all the money in the world to offer. See one of Thomas Romain's follow-up tweets on this subject.
The rock star animators are too busy making One Punch Man Season 2

:p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
shit gets crazy real soon anyway, can't wait for people reactions to the stuff that happens in the next few episodes.

I already know where this is going end, and it's a good ending point for this season. But I hope season 3 is at least 26 episodes long, because next arc is lonnnnnnngggg and shit gets REALLY dark IMO.
I think the next season's kinda got to include the next *two* arcs and therefore needs to be that long, yeah. And there's a pretty natural breaking point after that.

Mediking

Regarding the preview for next week's episode... Eren still has that magic of being angry can lead to hype. Lol the animators know this. They draw him angry with hype music all the time.

The logic of some people... its a given that shit is going down in the last few episodes. Don't need no alluding or spoiler to figure that one out.

Yeah and people also don't need to bitch about the "alluding" if they know it's a given that stuff is gonna happen, seriously people who are anime spoiler purists like that are the most annoying people on these forums. They ruin all anime threads.

Changing topics....

I wonder if they'll do a recap movie 3 to bridge 2018 (although Kabaneri 2 effectively does that). If so, I really wish they elaborate the gap between last episode and this episode (or do it in the BD). It lacks continuity not knowing how Colossal dropping down can allow Armored Titan, in an arm-triangle/lock, to overpower Eren and crush his head and eat him.

The corresponding chapters (which I just read, no spoilers, but i'll hide it just in case. I didn't read past the corresponding chapter, which ended exactly where ep 8 ended)
had Armin mention how Armored was the only one who could've withstood the heat by Colossal, which is oddly omitted in the anime. The straight cut to Mikasa's awakening + have Armin explain the situation afterwards in the manga definitely worked out better than the anime in this case. Since our info is from a limited narrator Armin, and that's all he could see, it doesn't feel that off that we don't know what happened.

FluxWaveZ

Kind of an uneventful and overall poor episode. The flashback was a way to up the personal tension of Eren getting taken away that fell rather flat, because we already know their backstory and how they feel. It was redundant.

The conclusion to that battle was hasty, too. I felt it needed more, after last week's cliffhanger. I did like that they actually successfully took Eren away there, though.

?
The Armored Titan is... armored... so the impact of the Colossal Titan didn't affect him as much as Eren

Last episode, Eren was facing up. This episode, he was facing down. He had Armored locked in his arms backed by his whole body, so he has to release it, but wouldn't you hold even tighter when you already applied so much force? Armored was also on top of him, which also limits the impact of Colossal on Eren.

They had so much detail regarding the fight last episode, the start felt rushed and incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom