• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit gets crazy real soon anyway, can't wait for people reactions to the stuff that happens in the next few episodes.

Stuff's gonna happen regardless. You think the last 3 episodes are gonna be boring and uneventful?

The logic of some people... its a given that shit is going down in the last few episodes. Don't need no alluding or spoiler to figure that one out.

Yeah and people also don't need to bitch about the "alluding" if they know it's a given that stuff is gonna happen, seriously people who are anime spoiler purists like that are the most annoying people on these forums. They ruin all anime threads.

Really. He didn't spoil you anything, just relax and enjoy the show.

"Something happens"

SPOILERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wasn't the one who originally complained, but constantly alluding to "something" being about to happen isn't frowned upon because of spoilers, it's frowned upon because it derails countless threads for a million different shows with book readers/manga readers winking back and forth at each other like idiots.

Stop doing it. It adds nothing. No one cares if you're erect in anticipation of others reactions.

J@hranimo

Banned
I wasn't the one who originally complained, but constantly alluding to "something" being about to happen isn't frowned upon because of spoilers, it's frowned upon because it derails countless threads for a million different shows with book readers/manga readers winking back and forth at each other like idiots.

Stop doing it. It adds nothing. No one cares if you're erect in anticipation of others reactions.

Again, why would nothing of interest happen in the last 3 episodes of the season? I wasn't alluding to anything nor am I "erect with anticipation" I'm just stating typical shonen anime facts.

Brakke

Banned
Again, why would nothing of interest happen in the last 3 episodes of the season? I wasn't alluding to anything nor am I "erect with anticipation" I'm just stating typical shonen anime facts.

This doesn't answer any of The Illiterati criticisms.

1) It did derail the thread.
2) They were boring posts that didn't add anything.

If it's so obvious that the next several episodes will have some hype shit, then just let it be obvious, and unsaid.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
look I apologize, I'll just stop posting in the thread. Carry on, hope you guys enjoy the last couple of episodes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Sigh.

Every anime/book thread is like this.

The Game of Thrones thread is pretty strict with this, so you never have any book readers in there and if you do, they pretty much never bring up the books.

[edit]

Anywho, this episode was kinda, uh, boring? I dunno.

Didn't really care for the flashback cus it gave off some Naruto "oh shit we need some filler so lets do a flashback". The ending was pretty hype with them all heading off to get Eren back, though.

Grudy

The Game of Thrones thread is pretty strict with this, so you never have any book readers in there and if you do, they pretty much never bring up the books.

[edit]

Anywho, this episode was kinda, uh, boring? I dunno.

Didn't really care for the flashback cus it gave off some Naruto "oh shit we need some filler so lets do a flashback". The ending was pretty hype with them all heading off to get Eren back, though.

I think the fact that Game of Thrones has two separate threads for books and the show does help a lot with that.

Mendrox

Last few episodes will be EPIC!

So what if nothing special happens? There were anime series were nothing happened. I dont know why people think it's so certain that something big happens. It's like people know that something will happen. I could also List series were nothing happened. Even American Dramas.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
So what if nothing special happens? There were anime series were nothing happened. I dont know why people think it's so certain that something big happens. It's like people know that something will happen. I could also List series were nothing happened. Even American Dramas.

Something something shonen anime. They teased the Titan battle short of a conclusion, and we're a few years off from the next season. We're getting some form of closure, one way or another.

LordOfChaos

Something something shonen anime. They teased the Titan battle short of a conclusion, and we're a few years off from the next season. We're getting some form of closure, one way or another.

Did they say a few years away, or is this still conjecture?

Still wondering if the 1 cour seasons will prevent the 4 year stalls, and at the end of last season they were also waiting to spool enough content. 2 years I could certainly understand.

I'm going to agree with the people who said the flahback scene felt a bit like filler. I don't think we learnt anything new about the characters with it. It wasn't a new insight into Armin, Mikasa or Eren.

Dali

Rewatching season one and that moment where Mikasa was trying to understand what was going on, while her mother is yelling "gtfo, Mikasa!" and her mother dies for nothing because she's frozen with inaction, really puts into perspective her lightning quick reaction time when Reiner was doing his speech.

shira

My crackpot theory for this week:

The titan that killed Eren's mom is either Armin or Levi http://i.imgur.com/aKiK8sL.jpg

kunk-rum.gif

Rewatching season one and that moment where Mikasa was trying to understand what was going on, while her mother is yelling "gtfo, Mikasa!" and her mother dies for nothing because she's frozen with inaction, really puts into perspective her lightning quick reaction time when Reiner was doing his speech.

rewatching S1 and it's like watching a completely new layer, great foreshadowing

jediyoshi

Kinda bummed/weird that Eren knew his best bet was to keep his cool to gain information and that fly out of the window instantly. Guessing that's the route Ymir is actually taking.

Funny how much Historia's waifu status is a plot point this episode.

Uh. Ymir didn't blurt out who the final boss is :( I guess I was a bit optimistic they will reveal something so early. Also I guess they're implying Marco died because Reiner went out of control as a titan? The only thing I remember about Marco is that he was found inside a blob of titan vomit (by Jean), and that Annie used his 3D maneuver to kill one of the two captured titans.

The info about Beast titan is also somewhat interesting, I guess. (Something about it testing waters and following it will get Reiner and Bertholdt home) Do they physically not know where their "home town" is? or there is also another layer in addition to that?

Oh. and that there are "night time capable titans" and those who can't move. This obviously tied to how they are created.

Kickz

Well this was a nice info dump of an episode, looks like Reiner and company are kind of advanced scouts for the Titans and the Monkey guy is another.

Ymir is one of the worst people in anime. Vegeta in the Buu arc is more relatable.

Yea I can't tell what the hell her problem is, seems she is selfish as hell.

Uh. Ymir didn't blurt out who the final boss is :( I guess I was a bit optimistic they will reveal something so early. Also I guess they're implying Marco died because Reiner went out of control as a titan? The only thing I remember about Marco is that he was found inside a blob of titan vomit (by Jean), and that Annie used his 3D maneuver to kill one of the two captured titans.

I thought the Marco thing was just showing that Reiner has the split personality/amnesia problem. As in, he shouldn't have been so distraught when Marco died, because he should have known that some of their fellow cadets would die as pair of their mission.

My crackpot theory for this week:

The titan that killed Eren's mom is either Armin or Levi http://i.imgur.com/aKiK8sL.jpg

kunk-rum.gif

I like this one. I have two crackpot theories:

1) The Beast Titan is Eren's dad. (Doesn't make any sense, but I was thinking about the possibility that the Beast Titan is someone we know, and he's just about the only character unaccounted for.)

2) Every living thing is capable of turning into a Titan under the right conditions. That's what the little red dots on all the cadets and animals in the intro signify. (I actually feel pretty good about this theory.)

Aikidoka

Another really slow episode. Why does the show feel the need to repeat itself so much? Some of these episodes could be pretty much cut in half and be better for it.

FluxWaveZ

Damn, the episode ending took me off-guard. Didn't realise it was already at that point. Really want to see what happens next.

Eren is such a dumbass, one minute deciding to show resolve and get info and the next he is threatening everyone

For someone like Eren, and I assume most people, it wouldn't really be easy to keep your cool when you've got the two people responsible for your life turning to hell and your mother getting eaten, right in front of you.

Also I guess they're implying Marco died because Reiner went out of control as a titan? The only thing I remember about Marco is that he was found inside a blob of titan vomit (by Jean), and that Annie used his 3D maneuver to kill one of the two captured titans.

I thought that flashback was to show the split identity Reiner had developed, and how he actually felt devastated at Marco's death when, in actuality, he shouldn't care less as a "warrior."

Well this was a nice info dump of an episode, looks like Reiner and company are kind of advanced scouts for the Titans and the Monkey guy is another.

Yea I can't tell what the hell her problem is, seems she is selfish as hell.

Very selfish and not hiding it.

Most people are selfish, but can hide it well.

Eren is such a dumbass, one minute deciding to show resolve and get info and the next he is threatening everyone

I believe the show is painting a very conflicted Eren who WANTS to keep his cool and KNOWS he should keep his cool but the overwhelming shit he's been through leaves him kinda manic.

It's refreshing to see, actually.

TarNaru33

Banned

You can't tell the difference when he made that resolve and what happened after? A guy plays the victim (even if he isn't meaning to) when their actions got your mom and more than 250K people killed and you expect him to be calm?

Almost no one I know would be calm in that scenario despite how much they tried to.

That said, he is trying to be calm about it, but he isn't used to doing that. To be honest, there is no information they would give to him that would be fruitful anyways. They wouldn't even answer about the monkey titan despite it being obvious they knew who it was.

Tcab96

Oh man, having Ymir almost reveal who the real enemy is and then switch sides and decidedly tell us nothing was frustrating. Especially when Reiner throws it in Eren's (and by extension our) face. "Too bad, Eren."

Fuck you, Reiner. I can't decide whether to hate or feel sorry for you.

Well whats irritating is that hardly anything was revealed outside of there is clearly some kind of war going on between beast man and the city

And For some reason they want to protect Christa

Sucks how many innocent lifes have to be sacrificed but I imagine the evil bastards in the City hold part of the blame

we just dont know why yet

FluxWaveZ

I believe the show is painting a very conflicted Eren who WANTS to keep his cool and KNOWS he should keep his cool but the overwhelming shit he's been through leaves him kinda manic.

It's refreshing to see, actually.

I agree. It's why I like Eren as a character. That inner conflict has been present throughout the show, to great effect. It's more complex than the typical "hot blooded protagonist" or "cool, level-headed protagonist."

Kickz

You can't tell the difference when he made that resolve and what happened after? A guy plays the victim (even if he isn't meaning to) when their actions got your mom and more than 250K people killed and you expect him to be calm?

Almost no one I know would be calm in that scenario despite how much they tried to.

That said, he is trying to be calm about it, but he isn't used to doing that. To be honest, there is no information they would give to him that would be fruitful anyways. They wouldn't even answer about the monkey titan despite it being obvious they knew who it was.

I see what you are saying, I guess I was just kind of annoyed because I wanted Reiner and company to continue to reveal stuff about themselves

HardRojo

I wanted more info :( Fuck you Ymir for getting my hopes up. Pretty obvious the Beast Titan is not the final boss or whatever, he's just another soldier/scouter for the Titans.
Christa is important because reasons, Reiner is one sick mofo with a personality disorder. At first I thought he was just taunting Eren to make him lose his cool, but he was not, he's fucking weird now, I don't even feel like I know who the hell Reiner is supposed to be anymore. Hopefully the next few episodes will be full of information, I don't wanna be left out of the loop for too long because we know full well Season 3 is going to take its sweet time.
2) Every living thing is capable of turning into a Titan under the right conditions. That's what the little red dots on all the cadets and animals in the intro signify. (I actually feel pretty good about this theory.)

By now I think it's pretty much obvious any human (don't know if animals too) can be turned into a Titan, I would go as far as treating that bit of info as fact, but I believe something like a "regular" transformation (what happened at Connie's village) will simply turn you into a stupid regular ass Titan or an Abnormal, whether the injection or whatever Eren and the others shifters went through will actually turn you into a special kind of Titan.

I wanted more info :( Fuck you Ymir for getting my hopes up. Pretty obvious the Beast Titan is not the final boss or whatever, he's just another soldier/scouter for the Titans.
Christa is important because reasons, Reiner is one sick mofo with a personality disorder. At first I thought he was just taunting Eren to make him lose his cool, but he was not, he's fucking weird now, I don't even feel like I know who the hell Reiner is supposed to be anymore. Hopefully the next few episodes will be full of information, I don't wanna be left out of the loop for too long because we know full well Season 3 is going to take its sweet time.

only thing i can think of is Christa is their way into the center of the city

like who and what she knows

I don't like it when this series does what Ymir did a lot in this episode: explaining something obvious but not directly said, like Reiner's breakdown. I think it cheapens some of these moments.

Ymir not saying anything about who the "true enemy" is also dumb. I though this episode was OK.

The titans in the forest were creepy.

Oh man, this episode made things even more mysterious.
I have a feeling the direction could go into some God & Satan Shit + Evangelion, lol.
The wait is totally freaking me out.
I will die if the wait for Season 3 will be more than one year. I can't see myself still resisting the manga.

Jesus fucking Christ do not click those spoiler tags.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Fucking hell THIS IS THE ANIME thread! Reap the OP! Do not drop manga spoilers even if you're going to spoiler tag them. For fuck's sake do neither of you read the OP!?

Welp, apparently I was trying to be conservative as possible and limiting myself to what we know and what the anime implies but it turns out I mentioned something that I didn't realize hadn't been directly stated yet. I guess I should err on the side of extreme caution from now on. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom