• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Why do people blackbarring their text when the thread title is TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM?

Anyone getting mad for being spoilered after entering this thread when the title is already like that is surely a fool? Hell even the OP itself stated that no black bars are necessary.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Spoileritis is a very real and horrible disease. One of its most obvious and
common symptoms
is the compulsive
urge to put everything
behind
black bars

Please do not make light of this
crippling
illness.

Nibel

I didn't understand anything in the last chapter.

Why does Eren want to see the Instructor? Because he was the dude at the beginning of AoT? And was this is father at the end?

Erigu

Why does Eren want to see the Instructor? Because he was the dude at the beginning of AoT?
They were wondering who that guy Eren's father met right after the Reis family massacre was, and Eren realized it was their former instructor. He had already seen him back then (i.e. back when he had hair), as he was the Survey Corps guy from the very beginning of the series, but he hadn't connected the dots yet.

And was this is father at the end?
His father is dead, and the beast titan didn't even know about the 3D gear, so no, that's not his father.

Nibel

They were wondering who that guy Eren's father met right after the Reis family massacre was, and Eren realized it was their former instructor. He had already seen him back then (i.e. back when he had hair), as he was the Survey Corps guy from the very beginning of the series, but he hadn't connected the dots yet.

His father is dead, and the beast titan didn't even know about the 3D gear, so no, that's not his father.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Beast titan guy is instructor so he should be knowing about 3D gear, right?

TokiDoki

I think I'm missing something here , why is Carla's (Eren's mother) death in chapter 71 different from the death in the beginning of the manga ?

edit : oh nvm I get it , it seems like he met his dad between the timeline and had no memories of it earlier

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah it all seems a bit fucked tbh.

Reiner, Hairy guy and Bert + hundreds of Titans.

Although Erwin seems to have some secret weapon of sorts....

Mikasa is the only one without a cloak

therefore she can't be anonymous... the purpose of the hood is to hide who is Eren but her being the only one without it will single her out and maybe those two knowing her strength will gun for her

Welp, things aren't looking great.

I know he's clearly not the strongest titan anymore, but the armored titan design is still the hypest thing ever to me.

If anyone is gonna die, I bet it's gonna be
Reiner.

The only annoying thing about this chapter is that I don't think season 2 is going to cover this far, so the wait to see this animated is going to be like 3-4 years.

As for the new weapons, Erwin called them "lighting" weapons, so I'm guessing they are some sort of guns that use either explosives, fireworks, or lightning for ammunition. No idea what they'd be used for.

CTVQuFPUAAAIfWg.png:large

Damn this Titan really wants to be DIO.
You can do it, Titan.

Soooo... what do you think that
new weapon
does??

Maybe it stuns the nervous system and they can't move for a while?

I started reading the manga during the political arc, and I feel a lot a readers back then would complain every month about the slow pace of the story. I thought people were just being whiny back then, but now that we're in the shiganshina arc I can see what they were complaining about.

The political arc was interesting, but not very exciting, whereas every chapter in this arc has had me on the edge of my seat. Really enjoyed the Reiner/Eren fight and hope Reiner's death isn't a cheap fake out.

The lightning spears were interesting, but i think it would have been cooler if they worked more like a lightning rod. Can't wait to see how this plays out, as they still have to deal with the monkey titan and Bertholt.

Since Reiner is technically supposed to be on the other side of the wall killing the horses, It's possible that Bertholt hiding place is somewhere on the other side of the wall as well, so now he can't help Reiner or actually even see what's happening.

They were standing near the basement last chapter. But obvviously they can't explore until this fight is over.

It's kinda funny that people are so fixated on the basement. It's not like they can just waltz into it anytime they'd like.

MayMay

Banned
What a chapter.. I'm so glad we're getting some proper action now after all this fairly boring politics drama.

Really hope this stuff still makes it into S2.. seems like this'd be the perfect last 2 episodes or something with whats happening.

kewlmyc

What a chapter.. I'm so glad we're getting some proper action now after all this fairly boring politics drama.

Really hope this stuff still makes it into S2.. seems like this'd be the perfect last 2 episodes or something with whats happening.

I see the 2nd season ending after Historia becomes queen. They'd probably leave Bert and Reiner standing on the wall readying for the final battle as a cliffhanger. The overthrow the king arc is pretty long and will probably last the whole 2nd half of S2, especially since the anime hasn't even gotten to Bert and Reiner's betrayal arc yet.

Top Bottom