• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

MayMay

Banned
That was great.

Question (Spoilers):
Which characters died at the end? Hard to tell.

It's
Nifa, she did not appear in alot of chapters though so we basically know nothing about her
as well as
some members from Hanjis Squad which I really don't know the name of lol

manfestival

well that was interesting. Shame the manga takes forever before we see the pages of the next chapter. I tend to lose interest in things and have a hard time coming back. I only remember to check because I see this thread pop up from time to time.

You could say that Levis group got BLOWN OUT

RangersFan

Holy shit 58 is out...

Fuck,
Levi is BOSS. Jean, no. Somehow I think Jean is still alive, though it wouldn't surprise me if he actually did get his head blown off :(

MayMay

Banned
58 is my favourite in a long time. I don't know, this kind of feels like this could be used for the final few episodes in Season 2 (of the Anime, if they make one). Incredible.. I won't survive another month.

Awesome chapter.
I hope none of the crew gets killed because of Jeans stupidity.

New plot twist incoming with Historia and her papa. I can just smell it.

Chapter 59.

Good chapter.
First an examination of the morality of their new situation, humans vs humans. In both sides there will be people that hesitate to fire, not every soldier is a cold stone killer, even in the other side there will be normal people that have been trained to kill but has never done it, but hesitating is death. Being a killer allows you to survive.

I enjoyed that Hitch and Marlowe has joined the cast of good guys, it seems the previous character building they had many chapters ago wasn't going to waste. I like Hitch, such a different character than most, but poor thing doesn't know half shit about what's really happening.

Next chapter could be an action chapter, but the sentence in the last page "I can't believe we found it so quickly" makes me doubt they have the correct lead.

So wait, why did Pixis decide to not take part on the conspiration?

Not so fast, the fact it happened "off the camera" makes me doubt. Last time we saw them talking, Pixis seemed convinced with the plan. Maybe the last news of Eren in danger of being eaten alive by the monarchy changed things, maybe the commander did a secret deal with Pixis that will be revealed in time.

JDSN

Banned
Seems weird that Pixis is refusing to join the revolution when the knowlege of it happening and doing nothing about it is probably enough to contribute to the bloodshed that he wants to avoid. I am really liking the slow progression of Armin into a cold machine, I get the feeling some of the hardest choices in the series will involve him in order to "break" the character while Jean and Mikasa will probably end up becoming more compassionate as the series moves along. Turning this into Game of Thrones has done wonders to the series.

MCD

Seems weird that Pixis is refusing to join the revolution when the knowlege of it happening and doing nothing about it is probably enough to contribute to the bloodshed that he wants to avoid. I am really liking the slow progression of Armin into a cold machine, I get the feeling some of the hardest choices in the series will involve him in order to "break" the character while Jean and Mikasa will probably end up becoming more compassionate as the series moves along. Turning this into Game of Thrones has done wonders to the series.

Armin's face was really something in that one page.

I hate that this is monthly. So much happening, I want to know more!

It could be worse. The last 3 chapter had an average of 45 pages. There are some monthly mangas with 23-24 pages per chapter. Examples: Vindland Saga, Historie. And that's not counting stuff in hiatus like Berserk or Vagabond of course.

dani_dc

This was one of the more...boring chapters. I really hope we actually see a titan again soon.

I think I honestly preferred this chapter over the last one, if nothing else for the Armin reaction to murdering someone, while the chapter before was basically nothing but action.

This was one of the more...boring chapters. I really hope we actually see a titan again soon.

Sheesh, some people only want action. Mystery, character building, setting building, plot advancement, tone establishment, who needs it?
Never mind the second to last chapter was all action already.

Shingeki no Kyojin 60

Welp that felt short, even if they more or less skipped the actual attack on the MP base to not waste pages on it. They focus on three different scenes, that's why it's a bit slower than I would like.

But it also had had decent scenes, like the MP guy trying to turn the tables and provoke Levi to surrender and "save" his team, or the newspaper guy explaining to his naive worker how the real world works and how he got accustomed to it and how he has a family to think of. And it has Hanji in her commander role which rules.
It's frustrating to see how strong is the monarchy. It seems more they are in a dictatorial state or absolute monarchy, I never thought of that. Still, something has to give in, they have to lose control some day, and now there are several people in Trost that knows the truth.

The kinetic sense in the action is great, btw.

Durask

I must say I don't miss the titan action at all.

I just hope that the Big Explanation at the end will live up to our expectations...

ucdawg12

this arc has been disappointing to me so far and i was a really big fan of everything up until it. there have been some decent moments but i remember when i used to be completely nervous reading each chapter and terrified for everyone. it's weird to look back on those anxious feelings and be envious of them, but i did appreciate the tension.

now, and especially looking back, i feel the main cast is and has been pretty safe. this hindsight inevitably gives some demerits to previous chapters i enjoyed. not a ton, as those chapters had many redeeming elements besides the tension and the sympathy it evoked, but definitely some.

and while things are seemingly "dire" or "bad" at the moment, i don't feel on the edge of my seat. im not sure the current threat or antagonism of this arc is all that serious or interesting as opposed ones in the past (which were towering). and i think, for the series to keep its momentum, the tension should be even higher and greater, arc after arc. if things are not as bad as they once were, i have confidence the cast will naturally overcome a less difficult challenge.

i used to dread thinking of how beloved characters would inevitably meet their tragic ends because the tone the series was projecting, and that made me care about them an awful lot. but as that has dissipated, im not even sure that if any of those deaths do come that they will be as impactful now that my attachment to these characters has weakened in the interim.

New chapter! 61

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=273&chapter_num=61.00

And the revolution started in the form of a coup d'etat in the HQ by the garrison forces, we see all the pieces falling from the previous chapters in one go. In fact it almost feel too easy and short, a simple trap that the big aristocrats fall easily. But, it was logical, the trap may have been simple in execution but it was effective, and actually lots of real life coups are like that, with an armed force controlling the political governments and announcing they are in control fast, without spilling into a civil war, and they have the media at their favor thanks to the previous chapters dedicated to it.
I find interesting that this isn't bad guys vs good guys, the other side seem to also fight for humanity, just in other ways and with their own secrets and conspiracies.

I feel that if we see a Titan in the next three chapters, it because someone on the Reiss family is a Titan shifter.

But we will have action, Levi vs Kenny has to happen again, though maybe we will have a flashback to see what's their relationship and how he is an Ackerman.

b3H40pV.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The art has always had this thing, flat, stretched out kind of look to it.

RangersFan

I absolutely loved 61. And don't mind the lack of titan action. I really dig the political story lines. That said, I'm desperately wanting some Monkey titan answers.

Top Bottom