• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

MayMay

Banned
Yeah.. looks like he's regenerating. And after that it'll probably all be as usual and he'll live to fight another day.

I'm not a big fan.. they finally need to kill one of the shifters. Don't think R&B are gonna die anytime soon though, plot armor and all that. There's still quite a bit of stuff we don't know about them yet.

I really thought the Colossal Titan was too big to walk. In this chapter he seems to be able to move around just fine.

And it really doesn't look like the survey corp is walking away from this one alive. I can't even begin to imagine how they'll pull this off.

I really thought the Colossal Titan was too big to walk. In this chapter he seems to be able to move around just fine.

And it really doesn't look like the survey corp is walking away from this one alive. I can't even begin to imagine how they'll pull this off.

With how his body is proportioned and the fact he doesn't actually weigh a whole lot He probably shouldn't be able to walk

Theres no way this battle ends in victory for the Survey Corp without some massive bullshit deus ex machina. Only other thing I can think of is the corp getting wiped out and Eren and his friends taken as hostage.

This is the problem when the decks are just way too stacked against them.

Well they are essentially flesh mechs and mechs shouldn't be able to stand up anyway

I thought in the C. Titan's case it was true since prior to this he'd always been depicted leaning against something else.

Theres no way this battle ends in victory for the Survey Corp without some massive bullshit deus ex machina. Only other thing I can think of is the corp getting wiped out and Eren and his friends taken as hostage.

This is the problem when the decks are just way too stacked against them.
It seems hopeless, yeah, but I really don't believe they're leaving this situation without going to the basement.

I guess all that's left is to see what they're planning with the lightning spears.

PB47pQG.png

SAME

The horse-guy titan running off with Zeke seems like a cheep fakeout. As there's no way those other Titans are going to stop Levi from getting Zeke back.

I guess it all boils down to how much web fluid gas spider-man Levi has left...

Interested to see how Armin plans to take down Berholt though.

EDIT: this whole arc will look amazing when animated, but it's too bad cause there is no way they'll include it in season 2.

kirblar

RIP Erwin. (Pretty clear implication from that last panel in the Beast Titan story that Levi's not going to get the Titan he wants.)

Burbeting

Banned
The horse-guy titan running off with Zeke seems like a cheep fakeout. As there's no way those other Titans are going to stop Levi from getting Zeke back.

I guess it all boils down to how much web fluid gas spider-man Levi has left...

Interested to see how Armin plans to take down Berholt though.

EDIT: this whole arc will look amazing when animated, but it's too bad cause there is no way they'll include it in season 2.

I think they are saving Beast Titan to be the final antagonist for the inevitable Final Arc, while either Bertholt, Reiner or both will be dealt with by the end of this arc.

Yeah I agree I'm not expecting them to kill/capture the Beast Titan this arc. Just the situation they've placed him in right now, it doesn't seem plausible that he would escape.

RIP Erwin. (Pretty clear implication from that last panel in the Beast Titan story that Levi's not going to get the Titan he wants.)

I for sure thought a named character would survive that charge attack. It seems like its just that one guy (and Levi) for now anyway.

LogicStep

Who's the beast Titan? I don't remember. This manga is so good and we still don't know what's in the basement and what the titans plan plan is.

Who's the beast Titan? I don't remember. This manga is so good and we still don't know what's in the basement and what the titans plan plan is.

He hasn't really done anything that notable in his human form. All we really know is that his name is Zeke, and comes from a land beyond the walls like reiner, bertholt and annie.

Glix

Hey guys. Never chatted AoT here at GAF but I just read the newest manga...

Beast titan is from our world, or has knowledge of our world. He's gotta if the english is the same as the Japanese.

He american sports related dialog twice

"Game Set Match" "I'm throwing a perfect game". These two lines seem so so so out of place in this world.

Can anyone who has read it in Japanese confirm that the lines are the same in the original publication?

thank you!!!!

Edit - Why does Levi throw down his swords? I really hope he doesn't give himself the shot.

Full disclosure I just caught up on about six months... The Marco chapter was just brutal. BRUTAL.

He's great because he's human. Turning him into a titan is dumb.

100% It would be awful.

ElFly

Hey guys. Never chatted AoT here at GAF but I just read the newest manga...

Beast titan is from our world, or has knowledge of our world. He's gotta if the english is the same as the Japanese.

He american sports related dialog twice

"Game Set Match" "I'm throwing a perfect game". These two lines seem so so so out of place in this world.

Can anyone who has read it in Japanese confirm that the lines are the same in the original publication?

thank you!!!!

Edit - Why does Levi throw down his swords? I really hope he doesn't give himself the shot.

Full disclosure I just caught up on about six months... The Marco chapter was just brutal. BRUTAL.

100% It would be awful.

Feel it is just a character quirk, but it is also possible the titans have knowledge of the past, and that AoT is set in the future.

Did Armin just bite it? He can't possibly recover from that, he's basically mummified at the end there. Didn't expect one of the main characters to go.

Did Armin just bite it? He can't possibly recover from that, he's basically mummified at the end there. Didn't expect one of the main characters to go.

Lol I love randomly clicking on a manga thread for something I haven't paid attention to in literally years, just to see that absolutely nothing has advanced in the overall story and that story beats from the first five episodes are being recycled.

I cannot believe that happened. I honestly thought he was the safest character in the series.

So I guess all that's left is to move the rock crushing Eren's house and then go to the basement.

It seems like this arc is winding down. And I guess the monkey titan has gotten away for now.

Damn, and I didn't think anything was going to top "Fight, my soldiers!" for a long time.

There is no way they can roll back on this. And by that I mean next month you'll see
Armin back and good as new.

kewlmyc

Please stay dead Armin. Not because I hate you or anything, but because your death will be the most ballsy death so far and the most interesting thing to happen in the series in years.

Who am I kidding, they'll somehow bring him back to life. Don't want to upset his fanbase.

just caught up. 75-81. Wow. I guess I'm glad I forgot about this and got to read that all at once. dang. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Seriously, the titan comback, all this stuff, the author worked REALLY hard to show the humans had just about zero chance of surviving this battle. but it looks like they pulled through. dang.

Geg

So right now it looks like we basically have four major characters on the brink of death, Armin, Erwin, Reiner, and Bertholdt, though the latter two are probably safe from their injuries due to their titan powers.

Most likely scenario in my opinion is: Armin is turned into a titan, Bertholdt is fed to him and dies, Erwin dies of his injuries, while Reiner is kept alive and captured. I don't think there's any possible scenario where all four of them survive this.

kirblar

So right now it looks like we basically have four major characters on the brink of death, Armin, Erwin, Reiner, and Bertholdt, though the latter two are probably safe from their injuries due to their titan powers.

Most likely scenario in my opinion is: Armin is turned into a titan, Bertholdt is fed to him and dies, Erwin dies of his injuries, while Reiner is kept alive and captured. I don't think there's any possible scenario where all four of them survive this.
Armin's current "look" makes me think that Armin eats Bert is on the menu.

manfestival

yeah just read the chapter and all I could say to myself is wow. what a chapter to finally feel like there is going to be some closure soon

Mr Git

Finally read 82. Had Armin spoiled unfortunately but goddamn that was a fantastic read. This is easily in my top mangas.

So one of the main 3 died....

Armin.....you were the man!!probably the most grown character!! Now I wonder who will be the brains of the team?

Can't believe they beat all three major Titans!!!

Top Bottom