• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

ghstwrld

oh fuck

not armin!?!?!

WgHuLxH.gif

DarkKyo

New chapter is epic. Who will get it?! I honestly don't even know who I want to get the serum because they're both such great characters. I feel like I'll miss Armin more but Irwin would do so much more with the power.

Levi looks like he isn't gonna take any shit right now.

1 more month now.... ugh

vareon

A good AoT chapter is the best AoT. Even at ita best, situation keeps getting fucked up and now they have a huge choice on their hand.

dani_dc

Annoyed that they're going to bring one of the characters, feels quite cheap to introduce this plot device after "killing" both characters.

Either way it's going to be Armin, there's no way it won't be him. Erwin will probably wake up for a few last words and tell Levy to save Armin, it will look like Levy is going to disregard Erwin words but then he revives Armin.

kirblar

Annoyed that they're going to bring one of the characters, feels quite cheap to introduce this plot device after "killing" both characters.

Either way it's going to be Armin, there's no way it won't be him. Erwin will probably wake up for a few last words and tell Levy to save Armin, it will look like Levy is going to disregard Erwin words but then he revives Armin.
It was specifically brought up by Levi a few chapters ago that he was going to heal someone with the serum given the mass casualties that were going to occur.

ElFly

New chapter is epic. Who will get it?! I honestly don't even know who I want to get the serum because they're both such great characters. I feel like I'll miss Armin more but Irwin would do so much more with the power.

Levi looks like he isn't gonna take any shit right now.

1 more month now.... ugh

Armin is a tactical genius.

Armin + titan power = wtfpwning the titans.

Ah really?
I must have forgotten then, my bad!

Yeah, after last chapter there was tons of speculation that they would use Levi's serum to have Armin eat Berholdt.

Nobody really predicted them bringing back the commander and forcing them to decide which one to save though.

I just want to see this basement. They're so close lol.

Actually I'm calling it now, when they finally get there, everything is going to be crushed.

DarkKyo

I think it would be pretty awesome, and Armin deserves it more because of his sacrifice and because he's responsible for defeating the shifter that's going to be eaten.

Irwin would also be a good choice, though. The humans would have never made it this far if not for his command style and complete dedication to the cause. His raw resolve as a titan in battle would itself be a huge boon to the human side. I think either choice will help the humans immensely, but I think my vote also goes to Armin in the end. He's proven himself more than worthy at this point.

Actually I'm calling it now, when they finally get there, everything is going to be crushed.

The thing is they may not need the basement soon. They are about to find out the truth when the serum user eats Bertholdt and gains the shifters' knowledge and likely the origin of the titans.

Unless the basement is more than just the truth -- if it's a bunch of titan serums or some other kind of interesting tool/weapon then it might still be needed in the story. You would think the shifters would have raided the basement by now anyways, unless they truly didn't know where Grisha lived.. which I'd find hard to believe.

kirblar

But only one of them literally looks like the Colossal Titan right now. :p

That and this mirroring the ending of Ep5 - I'm surprised people thought he was dead dead.

Erigu

The thing is they may not need the basement soon. They are about to find out the truth when the serum user eats Bertholdt and gains the shifters' knowledge and likely the origin of the titans.
It's not like Eren gained his father's knowledge...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm getting tired of Reiner surviving all of the shit they've done to him, it's no longer good storytelling for him to get away each time.

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm getting tired of Reiner surviving all of the shit they've done to him, it's no longer good storytelling for him to get away each time.

Yeah that really annoyed me.

If he comes back to fight them one more time then seriously it's just awful writing.

I'm giving this 3 more chapters to really go somewhere with the story. Otherwise I'll drop it.

It's not like Eren gained his father's knowledge...

Yeah, I don't think it's likely that when Berholdt is eaten they'll gain much knowledge from that, since neither Eren or Ymir have been shown to be able to recall much of anything coherent.

It was interesting to get confirmation that Grisha and Zeke actually knew each other. Also, Zeke hinting that Grisha was actually the villain.

Yeah, I've always thought that Armin would be a good replacement for Erwin. He's got more of a leader thing going than anyone other than Hange, and I've always thought she'd get killed to up some stakes later.

Sölf

I decided to catch up on this after like 3 years. Back when the anime aired I more or less binged it after 16 or 17 episodes aired and switched to the manga at episode 21 and read up to the current chapter, which was 49 at the time. Haven't read anything since then. So now, I started reading again, no idea dafuq is happening, who these people are or that certain organisations even exist. That was fun.

I just finished chapter 67. The words "Basement Key" have been uttered.

It begins.

kirblar

Sölf;209936457 said:
I decided to catch up on this after like 3 years. Back when the anime aired I more or less binged it after 16 or 17 episodes aired and switched to the manga at episode 21 and read up to the current chapter, which was 49 at the time. Haven't read anything since then. So now, I started reading again, no idea dafuq is happening, who these people are or that certain organisations even exist. That was fun.

I just finished chapter 67. The words "Basement Key" have been uttered.

It begins.
Oh, just wait. Make no mistake, Isayama knew exactly what he was doing w/ the Basement Key and the audience.

I think I would have liked it better if Mikasa and Eren were able to wrestle the serum from Levi and inject Armin. Maybe I need to read a better translation, but Levi's last minute decision to use the serum on Armin wasn't that believable for me.

I do like the whole irony of the moment. How in the begin Armin always thought of himself as a huge burden to his friends because physically he wasn't anywhere nearly as strong as they were, but in this chapter we got to see that they both think he is one of the most pivotal forces to helping Humanity stop the Titans.

What I'm really wondering now though, is how exactly are they going to get back to the safety of the walls.

It seems there just a small group of them left, which should make travel a bit easier. But they have no horses or any modes of transport really. Erin and Armin can only carry so many people.

DarkKyo

That was amazing. Titan Armin looks awesome. Can't wait to see what he can do with it. He didn't look overly huge, not even as big as Eren's titan form.. so he'll probably still be mostly a strategist-type character with some new combat capabilities(unless eating Bert gives him not only the titan shifter ability but the collosal titan trait... but that's only if that trait is passable and not just specific to Bertholdt's normal titan form)

Collosal titan Armin would be terrifying. Also think about how many times Eren had to shift before he could start to control his titan form. If Armin did become a collosal titan it's going to be pretty hard to practice that transformation without doing serious collateral damage to humanity.

kirblar

That was amazing. Titan Armin looks awesome. Can't wait to see what he can do with it. He didn't look overly huge, not even as big as Eren's titan form.. so he'll probably still be mostly a strategist-type character with some new combat capabilities(unless eating Bert gives him not only the titan shifter ability but the collosal titan trait... but that's only if that trait is passable and not just specific to Bertholdt's normal titan form)

Collosal titan Armin would be terrifying. Also think about how many times Eren had to shift before he could start to control his titan form. If Armin did become a collosal titan it's going to be pretty hard to practice that transformation without doing serious collateral damage to humanity.
The trait's passable. It's why Eren's dad deliberately had him eat him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Unless I'm mistaken, you get the type you eat so Colossal Armin is a thing.

Cwarrior

Fuck this manga for even conceiving armin.

This is the most rage inducing shitty action manga since gantz.

The mangka can try as he likes, he will never reach the shittyness of later parts of gantz.

Mr Git

Berthold being eaten like Marco. Sweet tasty justice.

Levi should have soothed Erwin's passing with, look Erwin, we're in the basement!

kewlmyc

Fuck this manga for even conceiving armin.

This is the most rage inducing shitty action manga since gantz.

The mangka can try as he likes, he will never reach the shittyness of later parts of gantz.

He's a guy with above average intelligence in a world of idiots. Saving him was a good call.

duckroll

So was there a rare Pokemon in the basement? Was the pokeradar accurate? Did they rush all the way there for nothing? I need details!

Menthuss

So was there a rare Pokemon in the basement? Was the pokeradar accurate? Did they rush all the way there for nothing? I need details!

Turns out that (spoiler tag just in case) that humanity isn't borderline extinct. There are humans living beyond the wall.

Erigu

I thought we already knew this?
This was pretty much confirmed already though? I've been saying that for years. Where do you think Bert and Reiner and the Ape Titan and ymir came from?
It's not just that there are humans beyond the wall: it looks like mankind actually does just fine, far better than within the walls. The whole "mankind went almost extinct" thing apparently was complete bullshit.

Top Bottom