• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Sp episode 18 had about 4 good minutes in it. I guess that's all I can expect from this show, in general.

FluxWaveZ

Loving the past two episodes. It's that sense of despair that I yearned for from this series that I felt had dissipated until recently.

Velti

Neo Member
International Pixiv Attack on Titan Fanart Contest:

http://www.pixiv.net/info.php?id=1788

Friday, August 9th to Tuesday, September 17th

Two main categories:

- General Category: any illustrations relating to Attack on Titan are accepted
- Original Titan Category: create an original titan that you think could exist in the Attack on Titan world

One winner from each category will receive a signed print from original manga creator Hajime Isayama.

If you decide to go viewing the submitted entries so far, do bear in mind that some of them may contain future spoilers.

full contest terms and conditions

ooooOOOOOOAOOOOAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!

Acrylic7

Yes? A fight where they are flying through the forest at breakneck speed and getting thrashed by a massive fucking woman is by definition full of action.

its meh action.
We know those guys stand no chance against the big lady. She was going to kill them surely.

I'm talking about real action with the main characters. Iv seen Levi and Mikasa riding horses for the past 2 episodes and Eren is doing the same. The only exiting part was when Armin and the other 2 encounter her.

I am a bit tired of Eren not being in titan form. I wanna see him jump off his horse, transform and falcon punch the fem titan in mid-air, causing Hanji to blush.

Acrylic7

I am a bit tired of Eren not being in titan form. I wanna see him jump off his horse, transform and falcon punch the fem titan in mid-air, causing Hanji to blush.

you get it.
Th episodes have been good but I do get bummed when he has been cleaning rooms and riding horses instead of Falcon punching a big ass woman.

Squalor

All right, thank you.

I have been looking forward to watching this, but I think I am going to wait until the season is over.

Does anyone know if there is enough manga content for a second season to be feasible next year?

JulianImp

It'd be cool if
female titan
did or tried to do
that special tripping maneuvre
on
titan Eren
during the confrontation. It'd be kind of an obvious giveaway, but I can't wait to have
Eren
realize who they're up against and the ensuing conflict that'd probably spark from that realization (if it's actually
titan Annie
, that is).

It'd be cool if
female titan
did or tried to do
that special tripping maneuvre
on
titan Eren
during the confrontation. It'd be kind of an obvious giveaway, but I can't wait to have
Eren
realize who they're up against and the ensuing conflict that'd probably spark from that realization (if it's actually
titan Annie
, that is).

That's the worst use of spoilers I have ever seen.

JulianImp

That's the worst use of spoilers I have ever seen.

I was between doing that or spoiler tagging the whole thing. In retrospect, I guess I should've just went with the latter, with a short disclaimer before it, but I kind of want to get over my habit of editing nearly every single post I make for some reason or another, so I left it as-is.

I was ready to drop this show altogether, but the last two episodes have gotten me back on board. It's great to have a genuinely threatening singular enemy. Makes for great suspense. Also, the reduction in screentime for that insufferable twat Eren certainly helps. That said, judging from the preview,
Titan Eren's in for a rumble in the jungle, which I'm hoping will rock my socks.

EviLore must be new to anime. That sequence is like standard operating procedure.
Yeah. I don't watch much anime, pretty much because of redundant shit like this. Show, don't tell, anime writers! Show, don't tell! You're writing for a visual friggin' medium!

Look at how little dialogue is used to convey the fact that most of the troops are simply being used as stationery bait at the end. Look at how we simply need the faces of the soldiers to tell us all we need to know. That's how it's done.

Anime still seems obsessed with trying way too hard to eek out every last drop of drama with this internal monolgue shit, and it almost never works.

Yeah. I don't watch much anime, pretty much because of redundant shit like this. Show, don't tell, anime writers! Show, don't tell! You're writing for a visual friggin' medium!

Look at how little dialogue is used to convey the fact that most of the troops are simply being used as stationery bait at the end. Look at how we simply need the faces of the soldiers to tell us all we need to know. That's how it's done.

Anime still seems obsessed with trying way too hard to eek out every last drop of drama with this internal monolgue shit, and it almost never works.

You're referring to a single genre of anime, which Attack on Titan technically falls under. There is a ton of modern stuff out there that isn't like that at all.

faridmon

I really didn't like how the female titan spared Armin and his crew, even they antagonised her, while killing everyone else in the most brutal way. Consistency, where is it?
I really like the last couple of episode and found it enjoyable. The writing still remains terrible, but the plot is moving nicely in an interesting and intriguing direction.

Feep

Banned
I really didn't like how the female titan spared Armin and his crew, even they antagonised her, while killing everyone else in the most brutal way. Consistency, where is it?
I really like the last couple of episode and found it enjoyable. The writing still remains terrible, but the plot is moving nicely in an interesting and intriguing direction.
If the female Titan is a character we're familiar with, it would make sense that she wouldn't want to necessarily hurt people she knows personally.

faridmon

If the female Titan is a character we're familiar with, it would make sense that she wouldn't want to necessarily hurt people she knows personally.

oooh, that is an interesting theory/explanation, love it. Hope they explain the reason why she done such action and don't leave that ''plot hole''

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
oooh, that is an interesting theory/explanation, love it. Hope they explain the reason why she done such action and don't leave that ''plot hole''

If you read the following below that a previous poster had asked during the scene with the female titan attacking them and why she paused this helps reinforce the potential of it being someone that knows the group.

By the way.....what the hell was Armin going on about when he was yelling to Jean to avenge someone? Saying that he saw his body underneath a foot? I'm not sure if it was a bad sub or what but that whole section went over my head.

My answer
He used a direct reference to Eren (the one who hurries to his death) which made the female titan pause. He wanted to test if it infact was someone that they potentially knew, or else the whole reference wouldnt have been understood by said titan. The fact that it stopped shows that it indeed is someone close to the original group. He wanted to cause potential confusion with the line also by making it sound like Eren was killed by the female titan during the attack on the right wing of the formation which made it pause to think.

The whole "one who hurries to his death" for example is usually what Jean calls Eren for example.

Still, it's hard to understand why that person (or any human) would seem to enjoy killing her fellow soldiers so much.
Ok, she only seems to attack if she's attacked first. Fine. But still, it wouldn't be hard to injure them w/o killing them and she also seems to enjoy being so powerful that she can kill humans like insects. Some she even killed when they were fleeing.

If it really is that person, the events leading to this happened in a very short time as well.
Might indicate some brainwashing or that turning into a Titan gives you a major power trip (but she had still enough control to be careful with Armin etc.)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Still, it's hard to understand why that person (or any human) would seem to enjoy killing her fellow soldiers so much.
Ok, she only seems to attack if she's attacked first. Fine. But still, it wouldn't be hard to injure them w/o killing them and she also seems to enjoy being so powerful that she can kill humans like insects. Some she even killed when they were fleeing.

If it really is that person, the events leading to this happened in a very short time as well.
Might indicate some brainwashing or that turning into a Titan gives you a major power trip (but she had still enough control to be careful with Armin etc.)

You really must think highly of people in general, if you dont realize that some folks just do whatever it takes to accomplish their goals.

DarkKyo

its meh action.
We know those guys stand no chance against the big lady. She was going to kill them surely.

I'm talking about real action with the main characters. Iv seen Levi and Mikasa riding horses for the past 2 episodes and Eren is doing the same. The only exiting part was when Armin and the other 2 encounter her.

Okay, just because you don't consider action to be action doesn't mean it's not action.... Sometimes the main characters don't take part because they're to be involved in the climax of the events... which are coming very soon. Secondary and tertiary characters can still very much so experience action. All of the deaths and futile fighting leading up to this next fight are stepping stones along the way to help the viewer appreciate the very dangerous nature of this new enemy.

I am enjoying the fact that
titans are still dangerous as hell no matter how overpowered anyone might seem to be. It just goes to show that the titan threats are constantly there and unforgiving.

JulianImp

I am enjoying the fact that
titans are still dangerous as hell no matter how overpowered anyone might seem to be. It just goes to show that the titan threats are constantly there and unforgiving.

Like the show says at the start: "On that day, humans remembered". It makes sense that regular titans are no longer that much of a threat unless they attack in numbers, since the main characters are part of the much more skilled Reckon Corps, but yeah, it's good to know titans are still deadly and humans are way too fragile.

Yes. We don't know how much longer it will last. Could be a few years, could be a decade. If it's the latter, you'd probably have to hope for a "Brotherhood" version of the show ala FMA if you want a full adaptation.

I wouldn't mind that 2(stories) for one(show) deal

....too bad Bones can't write the alternate storyline for Production IG

NEO0MJ

She seemed to kill them as a warning to others. While she doesn't go out of her way to kill humans anyone that dares attack her will be killed with no mercy. If she lets the ones that attack her go that might send a bad message to the others.

Velti

Neo Member

I thought this was a lovely bit of character development. Early on, she only attacks when attacked, and kills efficiently. She wants to avoid killing "her people." As times goes on, she appears to... get into it more. They become less "comrades" than a nuisance. She doesn't want to die, she can't die, but they keep trying to kill her. She's powerful, skilled, unbeatable. It becomes a game. See: ...spinning that one guy, like a little girl with a toy. Despite all we've seen, that struck me as particularly gruesome. Till it culminates in her really just killing for the **** of it.

So, yeah. Power trip.

Subitai

You don't?

It's just a semi humorous scene.
Carrying on that tone, I'm totally team Mikasa

Didn't stand out as much to me in the manga lol. Read a panel, move on heh. I overall enjoy the anime more than the manga though.
Yeah, this is I guess what I was getting at. I thought it was a little confusing given the show has already pointed out who has feelings for Krista.
And given who will be much more demonstrative with their feelings later

It seems like whatever the person takes into the titan transformation is the only thing on their mind as a titan. When Eren became a titan that one time and attack Mikasa, just before that, they had an argument. I imagine with some kind of discipline/training, you can better control how your titan form will act, and maybe that's what this titan has done.

Platy

for the 3 people who know both

JgnG0q6.jpg

http://thechamba.deviantart.com/art/It-ll-only-take-one-punch-for-this-393247410

Roubjon

That scene was pretty stupid.......“I wanna marry her”. WAT? How is that supposed to be funny? Genius writing! >_>

It felt like standard anime humor to me. I'm okay with that scattered places within the show, it's in the same boat as that guy who keeps biting his tongue whenever he rides a horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom