• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 19

ithLDi8JPquls.jpg

"It wasn't me"

Yeah, they really should have
put that flashback in an earlier episode.

Also, I think they forgot to animate Levi's mouth in one shot.

Subitai

I didn't mind the flashback. It answers a number of questions, especially any doubts you may of had as to why Eren would decide not to change a go mano-a-mano to save the rear guard guys.

kirblar

Attack on Titan 19

Yeah, they really should have
put that flashback in an earlier episode.

Also, I think they forgot to animate Levi's mouth in one shot.
The flashback doesn't work work right out of context. It's specifically meant to explain Eren's decision to not Titan-ize himself. If you get it in chronological order, it robs the scene of any tension.

The flashback was in the right spot, IMO. Made sense. At least they came to a conclusion for the chase. When I heard they were doing a flashback this week, I was imagining flashback from start to finish, with us having to wait until next week to see what Levi actually did with the gun.

Sami+

Good episode, I thought.
The flashback was a bit too long (started wondering if it was a flashback at all by the end), but there was some good stuff there.

So let me get this straight - he needs to have his hand in that position and have a specific goal in mind? Makes sense in the context of the other transformation's we've seen - "break down the wall to let the other titans enter" for the Colossal Titan, "destroy the barrier" for the Armored Titan, "Get Eren" for Female Titan, and "kill some titans" for Eren?

NEO0MJ

One thing I'm interested about is the preview for next week's episode

It seems that another titan is coming to save the female titan, maybe the armored?

dan2026

I tell you what is kind of sad.

Hunter x Hunter just aired its 93rd episode today, and it has much better art and animation than SnK.

Moaradin

Hunter x Hunter just aired its 93rd episode today, and it has much better art and animation than SnK.

Hunter has always been super consistent with it's art and animation. It's crazy for a long running series like that.

Hunter x Hunter may be the best animated long running series out there. I don't know how much cocaine Madhouse is doing to get work done, but it's definitely more than Studio Wit.

Mendrox

Hunter x Hunter may be the best animated long running series out there. I don't know how much cocaine Madhouse is doing to get work done, but it's definitely more than Studio Wit.

Yeah I don't really know how Madhouse is able to keep this quality with Hunter x Hunter. There is not a single episode which was visibly bad. I would even go as far to say that Hunter x Hunter might not even be the best shounen anime/manga but also the best animated one. Incredible.

dan2026

Another episode of nothing happening.

You guys are just going to have to accept the strange pace of this series.
The whole manga has been like that up to now.

Its methodical in the extreme and while it does have some good action, its spread pretty thin.

I honestly don't know why people latched onto this series the way they did.
I think people came in expecting something its not.

Velti

Neo Member
Although disappointed by the lack of titan vs titan, I can forgive the slower pace because some legit character development was accomplished, and we learned some more mechanics.

Also, the final pay-off was nice.

Man, they're doing a great job with those trees...

*googles Hunter x Hunter*

Mr. Fix

I honestly don't know why people latched onto this series the way they did.
I think people came in expecting something its not.

I certainly did.
Humans transforming into Titans was the nail on the head for me.
I liked the initial idea for the show though, and the thought of different types of titans is neat. I just wish it stayed a little more "grounded".

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This was a solid episode; people should be used to the slower pace by now. Even though the past couple of episodes have been the same "arc", with technically nothing happening but fem-titan running around, it's been pretty badass.

I like it, but the wait for season 2 is going to be brutal. Hope I don't forget it exists/die

chrono01

I just watched episode 19 and, while I expected
Eren to transform into a Titan
I wasn't at all disappointed. I really enjoy the slower pace/character development. I know, some people will likely not understand this, but I'm really enjoying the series.

Also, Hanji continues to be amazing. Granted, there are a lot of great female characters [Sasha, Mikasa, etc.], but I never tire of seeing Hanji get so excited over anything Titan-related.

chrono01

Lol at people comparing this to Hunter x Hunter. NOTHING will ever be near as good as that series.
I started a short while ago [only on Episode 9], and it really is great.

It has great animation, likeable characters, and moves at a brisk pace. Excellent series.

mhs004

I started a short while ago [only on Episode 9], and it really is great.

It has great animation, likeable characters, and moves at a brisk pace. Excellent series.
Just wait the character development is also great.

I hope they reveal who the Titan is next week it would make an excellent episode.

chrono01

Just wait the character development is also great.

I hope they reveal who the Titan is next week it would make an excellent episode.
Very nice, I look forward to it! :)

As for who the Female Titan is, I haven't read the manga nor have I gotten any type of confirmation so this is purely based on who I feel it is, but given how she looks/reacts to the characters, I'm guessing that it's
Annie

Cwarrior

That's the power of superior Korea animation DR movies, Madhouse has a very small number of employes for huge animation studio (only 70 employes including sub contractors) so a lot of the work is done by a Korean animation studio dr movies which madhouse has invested in, you can see there name in pretty much every episode credits and if look at the credit names you can see a lot of Korea names.

Lol at people comparing this to Hunter x Hunter. NOTHING will ever be near as good as that series.

Yeah that's not fair comparing anything to hunter x hunter.

In Other news Godhouse is going have Both Hajime no ippo and Hunter x hunter running this year at the same god damn Time!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ehhh episode 14 they changed the theme tune? Might have to quit the show now that song was amazing

Japanese Anime usually do this as seasons are 11-13 eps long. When a second season starts the OP / ED changes with it usually.

mm04

I watched the first episode on the Crunchyroll app on my TV and thought it was interesting. Is this show worth subscribing to Crunchyroll premium for a few months to watch it in HD?

I watched the first episode on the Crunchyroll app on my TV and thought it was interesting. Is this show worth subscribing to Crunchyroll premium for a few months to watch it in HD?

I have been doing that for the last couple of months and think it's worth it. Watching this show is some of the best anime I have seen in years. Riveting stuff with tons of cliffhangers. It's totally revitalized my interest in anime. Last show I watched through was Eureka 7.

mm04

I have been doing that for the last couple of months and think it's worth it. Watching this show is some of the best anime I have seen in years. Riveting stuff with tons of cliffhangers. It's totally revitalized my interest in anime. Last show I watched through was Eureka 7.

Thanks for the insight. I think I will do it too.

Another episode of nothing happening.
Just because Armin had not done tons of screaming or loads of titan neck slicing does not mean nothing happened. Animes and really tons of shows do not give enough time for character development or story building. This is something I like about this show. Even minor characters have a great background that either has already been revealed or will be soon.

FluxWaveZ

I can't believe I got banned for tagged spoilers when several people have done the same in this thread since then -_-

Spoilers concerning the previous episode or manga spoilers? Because it actually seems like manga spoilers have been toned down in this thread recently.

chrono01

Spoilers concerning the previous episode or manga spoilers? Because it actually seems like manga spoilers have been toned down in this thread recently.
Indeed.

Manga spoilers has its own thread and shouldn't be posted here. Considering I'm watching the anime [and not being experienced with the manga], I really don't want to be spoiled as to future events. However, I still watch the anime weekly and want someplace to come to discuss it freely [without "accidentally" reading a manga spoiler].

.la1n

I won't snitch on anyone but there have been manga spoilers posted in the last 2 weeks

This isn't really the appropriate place to discuss being banned. I'd recommend shooting a PM to a mod if you are confused as to why you were banned.

As for the latest episode, wasn't anything amazing but not the worst of the show so far. I expected to hate the flashback but ended up enjoying it.

Never would I have thought that there would be 2 human Titans up until this point. This series is almost too similar to Naruto, with Eren and the other female Titan being a Jinchuriki. I don't mind that one bit....Just interesting to make the comparisons and see where the plot goes...

daveo42

Banned
Another solid episode, though that animation at the end threw me for a loop. I think they forgot to animate the ground till they realized they needed for like a 5 second segment. Otherwise, top-quality stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom