• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode had some seriously awesome action scenes in it...like some of the best of the whole series so far! The female titan is so badass! That being said, I don’t understand why more people aren’t complaining about the slow pacing at the moment. Things have never moved this slow. With the earlier episodes so much would happen in a short amount of time, but now it seems to be moving at a snail pace with a lot of useless filler. It’s just quite boring at times. I’m on the verge on losing interest at the moment. The female titan finding Eren shouldn’t be stretched out for this long. I want more action and story twists and less dull talking! -_-

wildfire

Banned
iJ5s3BJHx8usI.gif

You should do a "banned" version :p

Yes.

Yes.

YES

By the way, I forgot to mention that all of the scenes involving the female titan were absolutely stunning in animation fluidity and camera work this episode.

The last scene in particular was stunning. Some of the other shots in the forest area were beautifully shot too. Really impressive stuff visually this episode!

EviLore must be new to anime. That sequence is like standard operating procedure.

For 100-episode+ shounen anime, yeah. Bad pacing and pointless and abundant inner monologues are shounen anime's signature move. One of the reasons why I typically prefer shows with 12 - 26 eps. I'd rather be left begging for more than wishing it would end.

Attack on Titan is reliably awesome and frustrating. When it's on, it's really good. When it's not, it's full of filler flashbacks and pointless filler dialogue. I'm hoping this female titan arc doesn't fizzle out into what Trost turned into. By the time Trost ended and Eren moved that stupid rock, I just didn't care anymore. The big payoff finale did absolutely nothing for me.

Pwn

The female titan is so intelligent and well-trained.

I guess
"she" is probably a bio weapon for military.

LiK

ep 18 was awesome too. really love every single sequence with the female Titan. really great action and directing there. she is so badass. i want a Nendo figure of her to go with the Colossus, hehe

there was also some nice tension during the quieter moments.

Branduil

For 100-episode+ shounen anime, yeah. Bad pacing and pointless and abundant inner monologues are shounen anime's signature move. One of the reasons why I typically prefer shows with 12 - 26 eps. I'd rather be left begging for more than wishing it would end.

Attack on Titan is reliably awesome and frustrating. When it's on, it's really good. When it's not, it's full of filler flashbacks and pointless filler dialogue. I'm hoping this female titan arc doesn't fizzle out into what Trost turned into. By the time Trost ended and Eren moved that stupid rock, I just didn't care anymore. The big payoff finale did absolutely nothing for me.

I don't think the pacing will ever become as bad as the Trost arc, but don't expect it to become any quicker either. The current pacing is about what you can expect for the rest of the show.

Velti

Neo Member
AAAAGH!! The... the cliff-hanger! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee-yit...

Slightly slower episode, could've had more going on I think, but with gorgeous vistas and good build-up with some emotional drama. They're doing a lovely job with the horse animation.

Reiner made me laugh. ...and it looks like Armin's realized what all of us already have.

Annie stoooooop! ;_; She's killing so many.. she almost killed Jean! But she totally spared Armin. She must have a soft-spot for him. She really seems to be getting more brutal and sadistic with each kill. I wonder if they planned for this specific titan, or just knew that a human-controlled one would come after Eren...

I'm really not bothered by asset re-use, especially in this capacity. It's better than stills and saves time.

It's gonna be a looooooong week..

Velti

Neo Member
It's funny because this is entirely accurate.

I dunno but this episode didn't impact me much but it still makes me wonder
what the hell does the Female Titan want with Eren in the first place? I don't get what good it would do to wipe off humanity's only hope when the Female Titan is originally human. I don't see what there is to gain to kill Eren in the long run but to kill off the human race...But I'm sure the answer will be clear later. Also the Titan's creepy stare towards Eren gives me chills.

I find it likely that the point is to kidnap Eren and try to get him to join the secret cabal that seems to exist.

edit: Gah! Sorry for the double. No delete button, eh?

I didn't make it.

bsw.gif

Horrifying moment... snapped his. Spine. From the centrifugal forces.

awesome. what program did you use to make that?

Windows Movie Maker, Xilisoft Video Converter, Photoshop CS3. Probably a lot more complicated than most people who make gifs regularly. If WMM would have put out my cropped videos in .avi instead of .wmv, I wouldn't have needed to convert them and skipped the Xilisoft step. Or if CS3 would read .wmv for importing frames to layers.

LiK

Windows Movie Maker, Xilisoft Video Converter, Photoshop CS3. Probably a lot more complicated than most people who make gifs regularly. If WMM would have put out my cropped videos in .avi instead of .wmv, I wouldn't have needed to convert them and skipped the Xilisoft step. Or if CS3 would read .wmv for importing frames to layers.

i think it looks fantastic. super smooth and very good quality. good work.

i think it looks fantastic. super smooth and very good quality. good work.

Thanks. It's bigger than I would have liked (15mb), but I dunno how to cut the size without sacrificing more quality or length. I'll probably make more now that I know how.

Branduil

SMPlayer and Jasc Animation Shop 3 or GifCam would probably be an easier and quicker method than that.

Nibel

The FemTitan going full beast mode and fucking up people here and there is amazing and terrifying to watch - just look at her kill count for a second; she kills soldiers in almost every scene in such brutal ways which begs the question what people want when they ask for even more action. Even the Spiderman-MMA-3DGear combat had some scenes.

And whoa, is it true that next week will be another recap episode which means we have to wait two weeks?! How cruel man

Branduil

The FemTitan going full beast mode and fucking up people here and there is amazing and terrifying to watch - just look at her kill count for a second; she kills soldiers in almost every scene in such brutal ways which begs the question what people want when they ask for even more action. Even the Spiderman-MMA-3DGear combat had some scenes.

And whoa, is it true that next week will be another recap episode which means we have to wait two weeks?! How cruel man

It's not a recap episode.

So that's just about the best program ever made. Was messing around with it and it's pretty much the exact thing I've been waiting for someone to make for as long as GIFs have existed.

Whipped this up real quick while playing around with it. Thanks a million for that tip.

ibqR4t0Jvk8ozI.gif

Articalys

International Pixiv Attack on Titan Fanart Contest:

http://www.pixiv.net/info.php?id=1788
Friday, August 9th to Tuesday, September 17th

Two main categories:

- General Category: any illustrations relating to Attack on Titan are accepted
- Original Titan Category: create an original titan that you think could exist in the Attack on Titan world

One winner from each category will receive a signed print from original manga creator Hajime Isayama.

If you decide to go viewing the submitted entries so far, do bear in mind that some of them may contain future spoilers.

full contest terms and conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom