• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Hanji is the best character on this show.

And I'm really disappointed they dragged out this female titan's identity this long. It's really obvious who it is from the get go.

Episode 19 – Bite - 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls (3)
BSJmE6wCYAAGfDq.png

Potentially the best episode yet so far. I kind of wish I had been able to see it when it aired instead of several days later. Just the whole heart to heart discussion of Eren and Levi in that backstory scene and then the themes of faith, belief in oneself and others, having willpower and good determination to tackle a goal and even
Victory and success finally
made it all good. This half is still going stronger and much better than first half and continues to make me anticipate more of it more and more. I hope it stays like this the whole way through.
its at its best when things are happy, light hearted, and filled with victory and joy.

mm04

I think I've got a 72 hour access pass if you want to test it out before you commit.

*Or I think it's 72 hours*

Thank you for the offer, but I'm not really short on cash and I'm sure your code could help someone else instead. Plus, I'm sure I can find something else on Crunchyroll to make it worth my while. Gonna watch a bunch of episodes this weekend!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Genuinely surprised so many people prefer HunterxHunter to this. Sure, I'd be the first to admit HunterxHunter has vastly superior animation, but the Chimera ant arc is just awful, it killed the show for me. Attack on Titan has by far the more compelling plot so far.

Articalys

Now that Attack on Titan manga volume 11 has been on sale for more than one weekend, here's a look at some of the manga boosts:

First/second week sales:
Volume 9 -- 435,631 regular, 25,712 limited edition after 10 days
Volume 10 -- 417,414 regular, 30,404 limited edition after 6 days (released April 9, 2013, three days after the anime begins)
Volume 11 -- 1,054,915 regular, 275,066 limited edition after 10 days (released August 9, 2013)
And for some lifetime sales totals comparisons, all volumes right around when the anime began airing (standard editions only, as of April 7, 2013)
Volume 1 -- 1,089,423 (released March 17, 2010)
Volume 2 -- 1,051,436 (released July 16, 2010)
Volume 3 -- 1,009,933 (released December 9, 2010)
Volume 4 -- 891,039 (released April 8, 2011)
Volume 5 -- 848,639 (released August 9, 2011)
Volume 6 -- 808,576 (released December 9, 2011)
Volume 7 -- 726,848 (released April 9, 2012)
Volume 8 -- 693,692 (released August 9, 2012)
Volume 9 -- 653,880 (released December 7, 2012)
And now, nineteen weeks later:
Volume 1 -- 2,000,565
Volume 2 -- 1,946,821
Volume 3 -- 1,897,607
Volume 4 -- 1,774,160
Volume 5 -- 1,739,285
Volume 6 -- 1,696,058
Volume 7 -- 1,614,094
Volume 8 -- 1,601,242
Volume 9 -- 1,573,244
Volume 10 -- 1,549,182
So whatever you may think of the anime's quality, I'm sure Kodansha is quite pleased with the results.

LogicStep

Genuinely surprised so many people prefer HunterxHunter to this. Sure, I'd be the first to admit HunterxHunter has vastly superior animation, but the Chimera ant arc is just awful, it killed the show for me. Attack on Titan has by far the more compelling plot so far.

I've been in love with the anime since it started even though people here were saying it sucked and that the original was better. The current arc is fantastic man! The bad guys are so insanely strong that I have no idea how they are going to win this. It's crazy when the bad guys have more raw power than the strongest dudes in the show (at least that we know of).

Now that Attack on Titan manga volume 11 has been on sale for more than one weekend, here's a look at some of the manga boosts:

First/second week sales:

And for some lifetime sales totals comparisons, all volumes right around when the anime began airing (standard editions only, as of April 7, 2013)

And now, nineteen weeks later:

So whatever you may think of the anime's quality, I'm sure Kodansha is quite pleased with the results.

Good, the more sells the higher the chances that we get more Shingeki right? :D

Yawnier

Banned
Thought I would post here, I started watching this yesterday after hearing various great things about it and have watched up to Episode 8 as of right now. I really don't watch much Anime at all nowadays so I'm pretty much out of the loop in things to do with that, but I am really enjoying this series so far (although 10 episodes from now my attitude could be different). Also, and I must say the animation in this is really top notch and the feels in some of the episodes. Goddamn.

Articalys

It's kind of hilarious how the Colossal Titan is a symbol of terror and destruction in-show, but in real life it's practically become one of the mascots of the series.

darn it.
still no revelation on who the Female Titan is and who the Spy is within the Sentry Corps...
I was expecting more from this episode, but alas...good cliffhanger though!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
But it's so obvious who the Female Titan is. I mean, so damn obvious.

Annie. And I haven't even read the manga or shit, it's just that damn obvious.

Dram

This was episode twenty one and the series ends at twenty five. How many more episodes will they dedicate to the Female Titan fight? I'm going to guess three and the last episode will be a clip show.

Azulsky

This was episode twenty one and the series ends at twenty five. How many more episodes will they dedicate to the Female Titan fight? I'm going to guess three and the last episode will be a clip show.

Honestly the time allotment for the anime was pretty much spot on what they did in the manga, so its not like they are purposely filling time in.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Episode 20: The production issues seem to be cropping up again though still not as bad as the Trost arc yet. Anyway, the Female Titan proves to be a clever girl, more clever then Suvery Corp, who probably should have known some like this was possible since it was established that the Female Titan can summon other Titans. Still all and all a solid episode.

Crocodile

That episode represents where the series could have gone. Instead, it went in another direction.

You might not like the direction it decided to take.

I feel like people wanted Eren to actually die in Episode 5 but I don't feel that would have been really interesting. There wasn't enough buildup to have his death feel satisfying so early in the show. Like if it was Episode 20, that would make for an interesting development. At Episode 5, it would feel like something done just for shock value.

Jonogunn

^i actually thought he was dead for good. Was quite shocked but wouldn't have been too surprised since game of thrones is known for that.

i would be pretty disappointed if this series only lasts 25 episodes as some people have mentioned. There is so much more potential in this anime...would love for it to go on, just like the manga counterpart...

They aren't in the Survey Corps. And it seems like the spy has infiltrated them for some time, although there could be spies in the other forces too.

I'm going to drop this here

Something something selectively harden something something.

Totally agree, the ending where the traitor is moving,
you see a bit of her nose, it's totally Annie

Episode 20 – Erwin Smith - 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls (4)
tumblr_ms2c5bVlLH1qad16go1_500.png
tumblr_ms2c5bVlLH1qad16go2_500.png

Thats it and even cutting out the action for more talking and picture drama nonsense. (though Armin and Jean's dialogue was inspiration of sorts). Felt as if only the last minute was worth watching for
Eren's face at the Gunthur moment and reveal, was shocking and well done with the music too and Erwin's narration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom