• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 20 – Erwin Smith - 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls (4)
tumblr_ms2c5bVlLH1qad16go1_500.png
tumblr_ms2c5bVlLH1qad16go2_500.png
That quote was amazing and so very true! Awesome scene. I loved it too.

Episode 20 – Erwin Smith - 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls (4)
tumblr_ms2c5bVlLH1qad16go1_500.png
tumblr_ms2c5bVlLH1qad16go2_500.png

Thats it and even cutting out the action for more talking and picture drama nonsense. (though Armin and Jean's dialogue was inspiration of sorts). Felt as if only the last minute was worth watching for
Eren's face at the Gunthur moment and reveal, was shocking and well done with the music too and Erwin's narration.

Gotta love armin

This show is over way too fast. Same thing happens with Breaking Bad. Totally involved and gotta find out what happens next. I was so ready to find out who was in the Titan. These cliffhangers are killing me...in a good way.

Soma

Well as expected, the pacing has taken a massive hit once again but at least this arc is much more interesting than the Trost battle.

(Vague manga spoilers)
The animation team on this show better bring their A-game to the next few episodes I swear to god. :|

jordisok

Really wanted to know who is in inside :|.
This show has some of the most awkward pacing ever, but I'm still really enjoying it, episodes being like 6 minutes worth of intro/outro is gonna drive me to titan form though.

Good episode. I didn't like the pacing but that middle part was great. I really hope we get the human identity of the Biatch Titan on the next episode, even if is obvious.
RIP in peace Gunther

I'm going to drop this here

I would totally crush her wall with my titan. Also, she looks like a girl I used to date years ago ;_;

good episode. i havent followed titan in few months but i man the new intro is terrible :/ full of spoilers too.

levi is such a badass. brb gonna get my haircut like his.

Good episode. I didn't like the pacing but that middle part was great. I really hope we get the human identity of the Biatch Titan on the next episode, even if is obvious.
RIP in peace Gunther

I would totally crush her wall with my titan. Also, she looks like a girl I used to date years ago ;_;

you used to date a human corpse?

Yawnier

Banned
Just caught up to Episode 16 in this series, not bad. I don't mind the slow paced of some of the episodes, although I suppose I see why some people would be put off by it -- but still not every single episode has to always involve fighting and being in a huge battle with titans.

Decado

This has become very much a shounen anime. About 1 episode of content per 2 episodes. Not as bad if you wait a few month between watches. Caught up and will wait until the show (presumably) ends to finish. Could have been worse, but this show will still wind up on the "loss" column, IMO.

and its already gonna end with episode 25?

this shows seems like it could go on for 200 more episodes! But I guess that wont happen with this level of animation quality?

Even though this has been pretty hit and miss for me recently, I enjoyed the latest episode...

I just wish the pacing wasn’t so slow. I wish most of the characters weren’t so paper thin too.

Subitai

5 episodes left and we still do not know who the enemy is. This anime's biggest flaw is indeed its pacing.
I think we're far enough in the story to realize that the genius of the show is that the more it reveals, the less you feel you know. That can't hold up forever, but I'm pleased to see it get this far.

kirblar

I think we're far enough in the story to realize that the genius of the show is that the more it reveals, the less you feel you know. That can't hold up forever, but I'm pleased to see it get this far.
Every answer leaving you with another question is a very good way to hold viewer interest. You just need to not be LOST and ensure that you do have a reasonable answer for the question before you ask them. (Given what we've seen so far, it seems fair to give the author the benefit of the doubt.)

Is it really supposed to wrap up that quick? Seems like it could go at least another season

It will, this final boss of this season is clearly the female Titan. If the anime kept going even at it's current pace it would catch up with the manga sometime next spring. That's the problem with adapting a monthly manga you get caught up really fast

solid mike

Is it really supposed to wrap up that quick? Seems like it could go at least another season

I don't read the manga so I don't know if there is enough content out now to make a second season but they'll probably wrap it up with the 5 episodes with whatever is out now.

Just curious but how close is the anime to catching up to the manga? I noticed the female Titan is in chapter volume 6, which would mean we're about half way...

Will the anime overlap the manga and do its own thing or is there any word on what they plan to do?

FlipWilson

Neo Member
only watched the first two episodes then switched to the manga...so where are they exactly in the anime? judging from some latter posts it seems they're fighting the female titan? I actually called who it was

not really spoilerific but just don't want to get ahead on the anime

though it was very shocking to find out who are the colossal and armored titan

Just curious but how close is the anime to catching up to the manga? I noticed the female Titan is in chapter volume 6, which would mean we're about half way...

Will the anime overlap the manga and do its own thing or is there any word on what they plan to do?

I'm going to hide the answer to this behind spoilers, I'm not actually spoiling any plot points this is simply for people who don't want to have any knowledge of the manga and how close/far away the anime is from it. Rather be safe and spoiler tag it then not and have someone complain.

The most recent episode 20 was called Erwin Smith which basically covers chapter 27 of the manga of the same name. Chapter 48 of the manga came out this month and if I had to guess the anime will probably end this season around chapter 33/34 of the manga. The anime is adapting mostly at a 1:1 pacing though it does sometimes go at a 1:1.5 or 1:2 pacing where one anime episodes covers a chapter and a half/two chapters.

I imagine the plan is to wait a year or two before announcing/airing season 2 to let the manga build up more. Titan is in a monthly magazine so sadly it'll take time for the manga to build up a good chunk of story to cover for a second season

zulux21

I'm going to hide the answer to this behind spoilers, I'm not actually spoiling any plot points this is simply for people who don't want to have any knowledge of the manga and how close/far away the anime is from it. Rather be safe and spoiler tag it then not and have someone complain.

The most recent episode 20 was called Erwin Smith which basically covers chapter 27 of the manga of the same name. Chapter 48 of the manga came out this month and if I had to guess the anime will probably end this season around chapter 33/34 of the manga. The anime is adapting mostly at a 1:1 pacing though it does sometimes go at a 1:1.5 or 1:2 pacing where one anime episodes covers a chapter and a half/two chapters.

I imagine the plan is to wait a year or two before announcing/airing season 2 to let the manga build up more. Titan is in a monthly magazine so sadly it'll take time for the manga to build up a good chunk of story to cover for a second season

spoilering it just because i am responding to a spoiler but...
I could see them coming back for 13 eps next spring, and then just make it a yearly 13 ep spring thing as that should pace decently with the manga then

Dram

I wish they would do what the Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 version did, when it caught up to the manga and just do their own take on the story. Then when the manga is done, they could redo it to get a more faithful version done.

DarkKyo

Interesting... so they went back and updated different assets to match the overall visual style of the series or something?

I hope they fixed that part where the ground turned green/purple or something.

jediyoshi

Fascinating stuff, the only fixes I would've expected out of them were fixing wrong uniform badges. Wonder if they'll also vary up those copy/paste moments

those eye tweaks :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom