• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

Just wanna say after hearing about this show from my coworkers and brother, I finally watched all available episodes and great series so far. Things ramped up way faster than I expected things to be. Only downside is the overly dramatic acting which is so glaring. I will go through my weird reading the entire thread after getting into a series all late. Looking forward to the next episodes because I need answers!

shingeki-no-kyojin-blu-ray-tv-comparison-ep-3-4-seventhstyle-002.jpg
Blu-ray looking good, but what is with the uncessary overdone background bluring.

Cimarron

I love the show. I am really not feeling the human Titan angle. :-/. Other than that good stuff. Can't wait to find out more about the female Titan. Bad ass!!! Literally! :)

Nibel

BD version looks way more consistent

Phew, happy that there will be a definite version - do we know if they'll edit the structure of the episodes as well, like shorten the Trost arc?

Akito

BD version looks way more consistent

Phew, happy that there will be a definite version - do we know if they'll edit the structure of the episodes as well, like shorten the Trost arc?
They would have less episodes to sell to you so no, that's out of the question.

Caught up the the anime last night then read all of the stuff that happens after with the manga. Wow. For this show I like the anime so much better. Sucks there's only 5 episodes left and the manga takes so long to release!

Yawnier

Banned
Caught up the the anime last night then read all of the stuff that happens after with the manga. Wow. For this show I like the anime so much better. Sucks there's only 5 episodes left and the manga takes so long to release!

I don't know the chances, but I hope that there is another season or two of the anime after these last 5 episodes are done, now unless the ending is actually done well and fairly conclusive than I would be fine with it ending right there.

RedSwirl

Sucks that the wiki makes absolutely no effort to hide manga spoilers. Clicked a link from the home page, and the first paragraph afterwards blew up basically everything about the abnormal titans and their identities.

Subitai

Sucks that the wiki makes absolutely no effort to hide manga spoilers. Clicked a link from the home page, and the first paragraph afterwards blew up basically everything about the abnormal titans and their identities.
Yeah, the other reason I get ahead besides not being able to take the cliffhangers.

Same with why I've read all the GRRM books before the show.

Just too much stuff to be spoiled on that will undermine your experience.

TV and Blu-ray comparsion time!

shingeki-no-kyojin-blu-ray-tv-comparison-ep-3-4-seventhstyle-004.jpg
Removing the stylish green eren was a baffling move as it made the scene more memorable.

Also a few of the tv shots have things better in them than the bds (beyond the obvious character positions fixes, fixing up that awkward Eren face tv had (4th)), for example the sky looks a bit more vibrant and photorealistic with the blurring sometimes done on them.

jediyoshi

Yeah, the other reason I get ahead besides not being able to take the cliffhangers.

Same with why I've read all the GRRM books before the show.

Just too much stuff to be spoiled on that will undermine your experience.

Makes me wish more things took the Game of Thrones route and had a more distinct label between the source and the adaption, ala Game of Thrones wikia specifically covers the show, whereas a wiki of ice and fire covers the books as a whole.

todd360

Can someone please tell me if eren kills a titan in human form in the manga. Its bothering me so much that hes number 5 and hasn't got a single kill the regular soldier way. I'm not expecting anything as badass as mikasa's kills.

I recently bought this medals on ebay

5df0ddf610fb11e3bad822000a9f3047_7.jpg

(Only pic I have now)

Do you think is kinda dumb to use one of them on my hoodie? I've never been an anime fan but gosh, I love this series so so much.
That and my Mass Effect N7 Messenger Bag are going to look so cool
and nerdy lol

Jigolo

FUCKING AMAZING. Seriously got chills and goose pumps from watching this episode. Wow

The only real way to watch this show is without watching the preview for next week and not reading the manga. So many unpredictable moments in this show.

fucking 10/10 ep right there

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Episode 21: So they finally got to the fireworks factory and I can't deny this is episode was kind of awesome. Indeed I think we fund where the animation for this show went and it was this episode.
Ah, it is nice to see the foolish arrogance of the Survey Corp Mauve Shirts finally turned back on them. I understand where Eren is coming from on this Martyrdom trip, but he didn't transform because the Survey Corp kept going, we got this, don't you trust how awesome we are in the face of a new enemy. Also, yea, the MMA tagline really fits since it seems Eren and Female Titan entered The Octagon in this episode. New episode is also interesting at it puts the biggest badasses in the show against the most formidable of Titans.

Soriku

Wow great episode. Awesome fights, too bad Eren
got eaten again though lolz.
And too bad
the Survey Corps got wrecked

Mikasa and Levi vs. Female Titan
next ep, let's do this.

Soriku

The final episode is going to appear in Japanese theaters, apparently.

The official website for the Attack on Titan anime announced last week that the series' final episode will premiere at the Marunouchi Picadilly 1 theater in Tokyo during a special event on September 28. Director Tetsuro Araki, producer Tetsuya Kinosh*ita, animation producer Tetsuya Nakatake, manga editor Shinataro Kawakubo, and voice actors Yuuki Kaji (Eren), Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa), and Marina Inoue (Armin) will attend the event for a discussion.

The event itself will be streamed live to 15 more theaters throughout Japan. It will start at 9:00 p.m. — a few hours before the episode premieres on television.

Jigolo

I'm scared to hit any of these spoiler hidden text. You guys have posted so many spoilers from the manga it's hard who to trust. But damn I want to read impressions.

Sorral

Episode 21 was mind blowing and I'm not even being hyperbolic. I didn't see this coming at all especially how it ended. It was goose bumps throughout the whole episode.

Damn it, I want more!

Hot damn, this episode was amazing. I have to resist the urge of blasting through the manga now.

Me too....I don't want to open the manga, but the urge to do it is stronger than ever now....

What an incredible episode. Even though I'm a manga reader, I still got serious chills and goosebumps watching this episode. The soundtrack...oh god, the soundtrack.

Still heartbreaking.

Here's a few CR guest passes for those that want to watch it today. Quote post to see the codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom