• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

By the time the anime ends, there definitely won't be dozens. Maybe a dozen if they keep it at a mostly 1:1 ratio, but who wants that kind of pacing?
They've been very, very smart in where they've moved the act breaks - its a massive upgrade over strictly adapting the manga.

vareon

so theres potentially dozens? of episodes left to turn into anime (no filler needed) but fuck it there gonna wait a year or some shit to then come out "surprise!!!!! new season!!!"

what a waste of time

If they just keep on producing episodes until it caught up, it will end in a less favorable time story-wise and then people will complain about how abrupt it ended. This is the nature of an ongoing manga adaptation.

kingkitty

Watched all the episodes and I've decided to share my two cents...

On ep 5,
I wish they kept Eren dead, would have been a refreshing twist.

The pace is bad. It wasn't such a problem for the first half of the show because I didn't have to wait a week for the next episode. But now I do, and it's made worse by trying to make the identity of the female titan remain a secret for so long.
Obviously it's that mean Annie person, but maybe that's just what the anime WANTS you to think. Am I right? Lol.

So much talking, so little movement of plot. Ep 19
made me especially sad in how little anything happened until the very end.

I like the show though, awesome action scenes. I give it 3 and a half missing limbs.

One of the better episodes in the show thus far. The seriousness and desperation was written across the faces of everyone and it especially showed in the faces of Titans. It was also a good learning experience for Eren. Clearly they're going to need the power of an intelligent Titan now more than ever. The fight scenes were also fucking top notch as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sad those three are gone, but this means more screen time for Hanji so I can't complain.

Levi is going to go HAM.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I would hate if the recent titan attacks are part of some kind of contrived plot to gain political control within the walls. In fact, as I have said before, revealing the origin of the titans would do a disservice for the plot as a whole.

zulux21

can someone tell me what the point is of creating an anime if the plan isn't to keep going untill the manga is complete?

such a weird thing

anime raises awareness.
causes more manga to be sold for the ongoing series.
allows for more merch to be sold to make everyone more money.
allows them to make money off the same IP multiple times (it wouldn't be surprising to get a movie adaption (or even two movies to cover both arcs) before the next season, if there is a decent amount of time between the end of this season and next season)
allows them to get video game deals a lot faster as a lot more anime get game deals then manga do.
aka it opens a ton of doors, especially if the series becomes popular (which this one obviously did)

I just caught up to this series in time to watch the latest episode. Holy crapballs.

I don't know what to make of the series. Like, I enjoy what there going for, but there's a lot of design/story stuff I don't understand.

Also, I totally didn't know it was going to go on a break soon. D:

PG2G

I would hate if the recent titan attacks are part of some kind of contrived plot to gain political control within the walls. In fact, as I have said before, revealing the origin of the titans would do a disservice for the plot as a whole.

They pretty much have to reveal the origin of the titans at some point. Can't have the whole series being about
'huge human controlled monsters attacking us but we don't know why"

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This episode was so goddamn good. Jesus. I don't want it to end.

Edit: I lol'd reading comments talking about filler and how this was a bad episode. I don't get how some people can be so incredibly snobby.

Cloudy

Banned
Wow......I can't remember the last time I got goosebumps from an anime. Whoever directed this episode deserves a goddamn medal.

But what was Eren staring at in disbelief right before the end? What did she show him? I HAVE TO KNOW

The answer is obvious if you've been paying attention

Really great ep. So bummed about
Petra and the others
. The scenes were so well done and had even more impact than the manga

RedSwirl

Probably can't watch ep 21 till next week, but did they go ahead and reveal the FT's identity? I got spoiled on it already so
it's gonna be fairly crushing after what I'm hearing here. It should already be pretty easy to guess though.

Branduil

Guys remember the NO MANGA SPOILERS RULE. If you've read the manga or been spoiled don't give out any hints whatsoever, not even in spoiler text.

Dahbomb

Probably the best or second best episode in the show thus far. Stuff actually happened, shit hit the fan, great action scenes... packed all the way from start to finish.

Also I would avoid looking up info on this show online even google images. It would be very easy to accidentally see who's who in the show. Some are obvious, others aren't.

RedSwirl

Probably the best or second best episode in the show thus far. Stuff actually happened, shit hit the fan, great action scenes... packed all the way from start to finish.

Also I would avoid looking up info on this show online even google images. It would be very easy to accidentally see who's who in the show. Some are obvious, others aren't.

Don't even touch the fucking wiki. I got spoiled because I clicked ONE link from the home page. The first paragraph in a character bio revealed the identities of
all the abnormals

That was legit.

antoniobanderas2.gif

EDIT: I'm not reading other posts here to avoid spoilers. Even still, an open question (that doesn't require a direct answer) to those who've read the manga and are posting here: why? Is it not allowed to discuss the anime and how it matches up with the comic in the manga thread? I can't think of any reasons to pretend to be watching this for the first time while "estimating" what will happen or teasing at what's to come. No good reasons, anyway.

That was legit.

antoniobanderas2.gif

EDIT: I'm not reading other posts here to avoid spoilers. Even still, an open question (that doesn't require a direct answer) to those who've read the manga and are posting here: why? Is it not allowed to discuss the anime and how it matches up with the comic in the manga thread? I can't think of any reasons to pretend to be watching this for the first time while "estimating" what will happen or teasing at what's to come. No good reasons, anyway.

Not all manga readers in here are pretending they're seeing it for the first time. Some of us just want to comment on how certain scenes are handled, or whether the animation/direction/whatever does said scenes justice. Or any number of other reasons, really.

Popparoks

One of my waifus
kills
my other waifu and now my other other waifu is very angry.

i liked that waifu, she didn't deserve that.
goodnight sweet Petra
:(

good episode though.

9BR

Neo Member
GODDAMN, that was one hell of an episode.
*deep breath*
FINALLY SOME TITAN VS TITAN ACTION, and holy crap at the way Levi's squad was wiped. Brutal.
Eren's psycho face when he was on top of the female titan was awesome, and I loved how FT almost shit herself when he transformed HAHAHA. I thought they'd get her ass in this episode though, dammit.
Oh and lol Eren gets eaten again. MIKASA AT THE END OH MY GOD. Levi AND Mikasa? I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

Don't even touch the fucking wiki. I got spoiled because I clicked ONE link from the home page. The first paragraph in a character bio revealed the identities of
all the abnormals

Avoid the regular Wikipedia page as well. Even before I started the series, I had (very early anime spoiler)
Eren's titan power
spoiled for me. Total bummer.

why, why is the Female Titan so so so OP (overpowered)?!?!?!?!?! (a rhetorical question; don't answer for fear of spoilers) Not fair at all for the Sentry Corps.

BTW, animation and battle sequences were superb once again! I just can't fathom the way that the top tier Sentry Corp people died! This is such a mind-blowing episode, steeling from all the action and developments.

Darn you Female Titan
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
WTF just happened. Wow! The whole show has been a build-up for this episode, my jaw is on the floor right now.

why, why is the Female Titan so so so OP (overpowered)?!?!?!?!?! (a rhetorical question; don't answer for fear of spoilers) Not fair at all for the Sentry Corps.

BTW, animation and battle sequences were superb once again! I just can't fathom the way that the top tier Sentry Corp people died! This is such a mind-blowing episode, steeling from all the action and developments.

Darn you Female Titan
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

seriously when she turned her hands to stone or whatever I was all like OMG HAX

Not all manga readers in here are pretending they're seeing it for the first time. Some of us just want to comment on how certain scenes are handled, or whether the animation/direction/whatever does said scenes justice. Or any number of other reasons, really.

Can't those be done in the manga thread? Seriously, are those not allowed there? People spoiling stuff is apparently a big deal considering it's been an issue throughout this thread. If you genuinely don't want to spoil the story for people only watching the anime, why not just stick with the other thread? Is it purely a matter of principle? like "It isn't against ToS for me to post here, so I shall"?

As much as I liked this episode still it makes me wonder what the show would look like if it had someone more experienced studio like Kyoto Animation adapting it *drools*.

NEO0MJ

GODDAMN, that was one hell of an episode.
*deep breath*
Eren's psycho face when he was on top of the female titan was awesome, and I loved how FT almost shit herself when he transformed HAH. I thought they'd get her ass in this episode though, dammit.

If she is who we think she is it would make sense that she can beat Eren in CQC. Plus she obviously had much more time to experiment with her powers and probably someone to train her using them.

Akito

Episode 21
This episode totally delivered, even for me as a manga reader, I expected much worse after the overlong flashback once again. Next episode should still be good haha.

Makes it so weird to me that it's probably someone Eren knows (i.e. the other cadets). Did she receive "Titan-training" already before? How would you do that inside the walls unless you somehow get them outside now and then.

Or maybe someone can tell me how much time passed between when they had to choose a corps and the start of this operation? If it was weeks/months, I guess someone could get more titan skills, especially if you're advised by people in the know.

Episode 21:
In his titan form, Eren was consumed with his wish to kill her. Actually most of his damage came from punching the ground etc.. The female titan was very controlled and just dodged everything (even when pinned down, lol wth Eren).
She waited until she was completely regenerated, THEN fought back a bit. However, only to tire him out. Even though she already transformed once, Eren was getting exhausted much faster. She played it very save, but the very moment she saw Eren catching his breath, she cut off his head in one blow (I guess with a "diamond"-enforced kick?).
I didn't quite get why Eren was shocked at the end. I guess people are right about that he realized who the female Titan is, but how? If it was her fighting stance, he would have noticed before, no?

Made it very clear that her goal was to capture Eren (ok that we already knew from Armin's comments), swallowed him whole in order to transport him.
She didn't expect the trap, but she clearly expected Eren to transform and knew exactly how to fight him. He never stood a chance.

Though there were hints of her being shocked as well. I guess she didn't quite expect the pure determination/rage of Eren or his brute force attacks.

Shikoro

BTW, animation and battle sequences were superb once again!
I just can't fathom the way that the top tier Sentry Corp people died!
This is such a mind-blowing episode, steeling from all the action and developments.

Darn you Female Titan
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Uh, spoilers?

dan2026

Its good that the anime will be almost over.

They aren't miles away from where the manga is.

If this episode ended somewhere at the start of chapter 30, the manga is only at 48 I think.

PG2G

I'll probably have to move over to the manga once the season ends :/ I assume it'll be a while before we se another season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom