• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvawuff

Ep 21 was breathtaking. Easily one of the best in the series by far. Not a second was wasted to filler or build up. It was pure amazing.

10/10.

I just watched the episode again.

What a return to form! This episode reminded me just why I fell in love with this anime in the first place. Just amazing! The whole episode from start to finish was fantastic and I didn’t want it to end. With the previous few episodes I would look at the bar at the bottom of the video to see how much longer I had before it would just end....but not this time! The time flew by and I was completely engrossed. The animation was so well done too! I’ll be the one to say it: this was the best episode yet! It’s good to finally be excited for this again!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Guys remember the NO MANGA SPOILERS RULE. If you've read the manga or been spoiled don't give out any hints whatsoever, not even in spoiler text.

I don't know if this was directed at me. I haven't read the manga nor I have been briefed on its content. I'm just speculating based on the animated content released so far. :)

Can't those be done in the manga thread? Seriously, are those not allowed there? People spoiling stuff is apparently a big deal considering it's been an issue throughout this thread. If you genuinely don't want to spoil the story for people only watching the anime, why not just stick with the other thread? Is it purely a matter of principle? like "It isn't against ToS for me to post here, so I shall"?

Maybe we want to interact with other people watching it for the first time or answer non-spoilery questions they have or whatever.

Seriously, why should we be limited to the manga thread? There's been good discussion in here from both manga readers and anime-only watchers. The thread creator even belongs in the former category. Just because a few posters are terrible at keeping future events a secret doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to post here.

manfestival

good episode, one of the better ones overall

I have a pretty good idea who the female titan is. I think its pretty obvious(i havent read the manga). Especially with the events that happened in this episode but I don't want to talk about it and it be something I get banned for

good episode, one of the better ones overall

I have a pretty good idea who the female titan is. I think its pretty obvious(i havent read the manga). Especially with the events that happened in this episode but I don't want to talk about it and it be something I get banned for

true that. better be safe than be sorry. We are gonna be finding out sooner than later, so why the impatience people?

RoyalFool

Banned
First episode where deaths have actually meant something ;(

I'm finding it hard to really like Eren anymore, considering all his teenage angst and stupid decisions are just getting better characters curb stomped constantly, then blowing his chance for revenge.. Not cool. Those death shots of the squad hit me right in the feels

Dali

Well I don't. I think it's that scientist chick.
The scientist chick was with Levi and the platoon leader when they were speculating on things not being over after the female titan was eaten. Also wasn't she like one of the many around when it was snared. Iirc wasn't she the one that said the barbs were designed to take advantage of their healing?

The scientist chick was with Levi and the platoon leader when they were speculating on things not being over after the female titan was eaten. Also wasn't she like one of the many around when it was snared. Iirc wasn't she the one that said the barbs were designed to take advantage of their healing?

exactly...

Attack on Titan - Episode 21

Wow... just wow. Now I know why everyone was talking about this episode. We get to see
Mikasa go psycho, the first smart titan on titan fight, and a whole lot of animation
. Really great episode, I might have to watch the next one immediately after it's out instead of waiting to watch it on Sunday. The hype is killing me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Can we discuss who we think the female titan could be? I don't want to get banned.

Has to be that blonde chick that didn't join the Survey Corp. A girl, blonde hair, didn't join the survey corp and is great at martial arts.

I'm gonna be surprised as shit if it's not her.

Has to be that
blonde chick that didn't join the Survey Corp
A girl, blonde hair
, didn't join the survey corp
and is great at martial arts.

I'm gonna be surprised as shit if it's not her.

totally forgot about her! interesting analysis..there are so many characters in this series that it is hard to keep track. Good point!

Dali

jeez you can't even speculate in this thread, no fun allowed.
I'm sure speculation is perfectly fine as long as it's only based on stuff revealed in the anime and not combining anime knowledge with things learned from the manga or outright stating things that only manga readers would know.

We don't know if you read the manga or not. So some people like to "speculate" shit they already know.

If we don't know he reads the manga and his speculation is based on stuff we could have gathered from the show then his guess is as good as anyone's for all we know.

Hm, with all of the points and hints made at the Female Titan, along with her blonde-ish hair, her obsession with
Eren
, and finally,
her only appearance at the start of the mission

What about that emotion-less chick from the beginning?
( DON'T CLICK THE SPOILER IF YOU ARE AGAINST MOST ASSUMPTIONS )

Roubjon

Some speculation, yo.

I mean, if it doesn't end up being Annie, then that would be crazy surprising. The female titan looks exactly like her, it knows how to fight and Annie is even prominently displayed in the intro and ending yet she has barely been in the show at all.

RoyalFool

Banned
Just rewatched the episode to try and figure out how on earth Eren
lost his head
and it was much more obvious second time around that Eren
was in a state of shock, I'm guessing the female titan revealed her identity so she could get him off guard.

Wouldn't be surprised if they use that as a flash back in a future episode to reveal what it was Eren saw.

Dali

lost his head
was in a state of shock, I'm guessing the female titan revealed her identity so she could get him off guard.

Wouldn't be surprised if they use that as a flash back in a future episode to reveal what it was Eren saw.
I thought it was because
she was about to do the move that ended up cutting him and he realized she was in another league and about to lose. I imagined she like turned her hand into like a blade of the armor skin and he was like "oh damn". She had a look like "let me stop playing with this fool" before she turned around and did him in.

Lesiroth

Curious what shocked Eren so much right before she got his head off. Was it
her fighting stance?
Kinda doubt it though.

Have we seen Eren's titan mode fighting stance anywhere else? Where did he pick that up from?

I forgot which episode (I think ep3 or 4) but
that one mean blonde chick with the big nose taught him it after he was surprised she knocked over a soldier easily. I don't think she taught him it, I think he watched her and just started using it (I can't remember if she taught him or he learnt after watching her).

cj_iwakura

that one mean blonde chick with the big nose taught him it after he was surprised she knocked over a soldier easily. I don't think she taught him it, I think he watched her and just started using it (I can't remember if she taught him or he learnt after watching her).

(Episode 21/speculation)
Which puts a lot of pieces into place.

I haven't touched the manga, but I think this is less theory and pretty much a given by now.

Ah yes, first hand to hand training! Thanks

LogicStep

lost his head

That's what I'm thinking. I think she let him know who she was, why the fuck else would he just stand there in shock when was going ballistic. What did she do? I'm guessing her stance because what else could it be.

I dunno about anyone else but to me the most intriguing thing and the one question I have about this whole ordeal is WHY? I need to know why these intelligent titans exist and their purpose, where did they come from?! Probably not gonna get answered in these episodes. Gonna have to dive into the manga after the show ends.

sn00zer

Having not read the manga or anything Im pretty sure the end credits spoil who all of the titans are.....speculation is as follows blonde titan is obviously
the blonde german chick who went to the military police so going by that in the end credits there is a part where the main characters are sitting along a wall, the view then switches over to the other side of the wall....blonde girl is their first followed by a guy from the same village as her who looks a lot like the armor titan going by the hair ...in other speculation the super titan also looks exactly the head of the military police without the beard

cjkeats

Having not read the manga or anything Im pretty sure the end credits spoil who all of the titans are.....speculation is as follows blonde titan is obviously
the blonde german chick who went to the military police so going by that in the end credits there is a part where the main characters are sitting along a wall, the view then switches over to the other side of the wall....blonde girl is their first followed by a guy from the same village as her who looks a lot like the armor titan going by the hair ...in other speculation the super titan also looks exactly the head of the military police without the beard

Ah, I had the first two figured out, but not the last. That makes sense. Hrm.

NEO0MJ

I thought it was because
she was about to do the move that ended up cutting him and he realized she was in another league and about to lose. I imagined she like turned her hand into like a blade of the armor skin and he was like "oh damn". She had a look like "let me stop playing with this fool" before she turned around and did him in.

Titan Eren though doesn't really respond to threat, he's too berserk. It has to be something emotional that makes him regain his senses, like what happened when Armin talked to him so he could lift the boulder. The female titan Revealing her identity would make sense, I wouldn't even be surprised if she can talk.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 100% sure that Female Titan is
Annie hey look filler!
and 90% sure Armoured Titan is
Reiner hey look filler!
but I have no idea who Colossal Titan is. I think that something's definitely up with
Pixis hey look filler!
that we have yet to find more about it, but if my theory is right, all of the Titans that used to be humans
look quite a lot like their human counterparts in an odd way and Pixis doesn't look like any of the titans IMO

NEO0MJ

look quite a lot like their human counterparts in an odd way and Pixis doesn't look like any of the titans IMO

Pixis doesn't really seem like someone in a position with access to any secrets, I mean in times of peace he spends time with nobility making them feel better about themselves.

Dresden

The arc would just end here if Eren wasn't Eren and didn't break his hands punching the ground, or just waited on top of the FT while looking like he was having an orgasm as his hands healed. You know, start biting.

Fucking Eren.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Pixis doesn't really seem like someone in a position with access to any secrets, I mean in times of peace he spends time with nobility making them feel better about themselves.

I agree, but
my anime cliches detector feels like Pixis was given too much screen time for not enough importance. His character feels like a Chekhov's gun
- it's exactly the same reason I think
Reiner is Armoured

EDIT: Dresden, I don't think that Eren doesn't really control his Titan self that well, yet. Anything above instinctual expressions of rage seems too much.

NEO0MJ

The arc would just end here if Eren wasn't Eren and didn't break his hands punching the ground, or just waited on top of the FT while looking like he was having an orgasm as his hands healed. You know, start biting.

Fucking Eren.

Ha. I was shaking my head going "why?! Why?!". Didn't he see what happened to his team mates when they wasted time fighting her? I mean sure he's still just a ball of rage when in titan mode but you think some part of him knows how dangerous she was.

I agree, but
my anime cliches detector feels like Pixis was given too much screen time for not enough importance. His character feels like a Chekhov's gun
- it's exactly the same reason I think
Reiner is Armoured

He feels like someone who might show up in a later time to help, only to get eaten or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom