• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

I'm surprised the manga has already revealed the colossal titan, at the start of this thread manga readers were saying very little had really been answered and there were still loads of unresolved questions.

I'm surprised the manga has already revealed the colossal titan, at the start of this thread manga readers were saying very little had really been answered and there were still loads of unresolved questions.

We still dont know much. The manga is at a point where we SHOULD find out some cool stuff soon but I wouldn't be surprised if the author continues to stretch it out due to the enormous popularity of the series.

NEO0MJ

We still dont know much. The manga is at a point where we SHOULD find out some cool stuff soon but I wouldn't be surprised if the author continues to stretch it out due to the enormous popularity of the series.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. That's the fate of just about every manga that gets a popular anime adaption.

Collete

What are the rules regarding discussion of the previous episode? Do we spoiler everything until it's freely available on crunchyroll or wherever?

Taken from the OP
Please read the OP, peoples

- No manga spoilers at all in this thread, go to the spoiler thread instead
- No hinting/confirmation/nudgenudgewinkwink garbage
- Mark all spoilers for the latest episode and avoid using gifs/images/etc which have any plot elements in them for impression posts
- Episodes older than the most recent episode can be discussed without spoiler tags to avoid clutter and to allow people to know what they should avoid more easily

Vogel im Käfig is such an amazing track that went well with episode 21. Makes scenes more epic and impactful.

That was a good one as well.
My two favorite tracks though I don't think they have names yet, are the last track at the end of episode 8 where Mikasa is crying over Eren and at episode 16 where the new recruits get their Survery Corps uniforms.
I have to wait till mid October to hear any of those tracks. That's when the second OST comes out.
Though the one that always tugs at the heart strings will always be "Call Your Name".

She said she gave all her love to me
we dreamt a new life
Some place to be at peace
But things changed, suddenly
I lost my dreams in this disaster

I'm crying
Missing my lover
I don't have the power
On my side forever

Oh where is my lover
I got no power
I'm standing alone, No way
Calling out your name

:(

First episode where deaths have actually meant something ;(

I'm finding it hard to really like Eren anymore, considering all his teenage angst and stupid decisions are just getting better characters curb stomped constantly, then blowing his chance for revenge.. Not cool. Those death shots of the squad hit me right in the feels

You just don't understand his character. Eren really hates titans

Wiseblade

I'm finding it hard to really like Eren anymore, considering all his teenage angst and stupid decisions are just getting better characters curb stomped constantly, then blowing his chance for revenge.. Not cool. Those death shots of the squad hit me right in the feels
Don't hate Eren, he was right all along. Hate the people who thought too highly of themselves and gave him bad advice from a position of authority.

And hate Levi for not being able to keep his mouth shut.

Kyuur

Can anyone tell me what song is at 17:17 in Episode 21? I'm guessing it's part of another track, but I really love that part in particular.

They told him to back off, he wanted to fight.
And what angst?

Tenck

Must have been watching a different iteration of the anime. Where his squad leaders tell him to go ahead and refuse to believe in them and fight the Female Titan in his Titan form.

Kyuur

Ep 21 Spoilers

Well, when you think about it... their job was to protect Eren. Looks to me like even if Eren had turned earlier, the titan would have curbstomped him. They've also shown that he doesn't have complete control, so I doubt a cooperative attempt (Titan + Levi Squad) would have worked.

The crystallization thing is hax anyways. How can they beat that with their current equipment?

sn00zer

As cool as this series is....my god NOTHING happens to propel the plot forward in an episode....you can literally describe every episode in a sentence

-Plan goes wrong eren punches himself in the face
-Group get shot by cannon, eren saves them.

Dali

As cool as this series is....my god NOTHING happens to propel the plot forward in an episode....you can literally describe every episode in a sentence

Those descriptions would actually be two sentences. :p

Kyuur

Last episode: they capture female titan, it calls other titans to eat it, escapes and kills one person in Squad Levi.

JulianImp

That's a complaint I've been talking about with my cousin. As soon as he heard from me that the series wouldn't even finish by the end of this season, he quit watching it.

Personally, I still like it... but then again, I like Detective Conan, one of the ultimate anime series when it comes to content padding.

LiK

The deaths meant something because the so-called "slow" eps actually built up the characters.

I dunno what you mean. They keep learning little by little about the Titans which is what I gather was the whole point of this current arc. Eren was also learning about being in the Survey Corps. You can always pick and choose the action moments but they do have plenty of dialogue that keeps the plot going. I assume you just want the bigger picture to be revealed more.

RoyalFool

Banned
Must have been watching a different iteration of the anime. Where his squad leaders tell him to go ahead and refuse to believe in them and fight the Female Titan in his Titan form.

Well, he said he wasn't going to look back and have faith - in which case it would have made sense if he gave them the benefit of the doubt and kept going only to find out later they failed, but despite his internal monologue he seemed to just stop and watched them all die one by one. I mean come on, it became pretty apparent it was going tits ups early on, he should have transformed sooner!

But sure, the first time it made sense.

RedSwirl

Finally saw ep 21. God damn.

I dunno what you mean. They keep learning little by little about the Titans which is what I gather was the whole point of this current arc. Eren was also learning about being in the Survey Corps. You can always pick and choose the action moments but they do have plenty of dialogue that keeps the plot going. I assume you just want the bigger picture to be revealed more.

Yeah, and now they're only just beginning to learn the true nature of the all the attacks they've suffered for the last five years.

Oh, and whoever said re-watching episodes makes it painfully obvious who the titans are is spot on. Even watching the last few episodes again knowing what you know now will probably let you guess. And I didn't fucking realize it, but there's a part of the show that fucking straight-up tells you if you're paying attention.

LiK

Finally saw ep 21. God damn.

Yeah, and now they're only just beginning to learn the true nature of the all the attacks they've suffered for the last five years.

Oh, and whoever said re-watching episodes makes it painfully obvious who the titans are is spot on. Even watching the last few episodes again knowing what you know now will probably let you guess. And I didn't fucking realize it, but there's a part of the show that fucking straight-up tells you if you're paying attention.

i haven't rewatched the eps but i already figured out who it is from the designs alone. too obvious.

RedSwirl

i haven't rewatched the eps but i already figured out who it is from the designs alone. too obvious.

Colossal Titan's identity isn't so obvious in my opinion unless you go back and rewatch earlier episodes.

Ep 21 Spoilers

Well, when you think about it... their job was to protect Eren. Looks to me like even if Eren had turned earlier, the titan would have curbstomped him. They've also shown that he doesn't have complete control, so I doubt a cooperative attempt (Titan + Levi Squad) would have worked.

The crystallization thing is hax anyways. How can they beat that with their current equipment?

Basically, none of them ever had a god damn chance. The operation was doomed from the drawing board. Erwin put it best when he said they'd been approaching their operations all wrong the whole time and had severely misjudged their enemy. This has been true since episode 1.

Also crystallization thing becomes much more important in the story later on, but I'm not sure if this season of the anime will get to it.

LiK

Colossal Titan's identity isn't so obvious in my opinion unless you go back and rewatch earlier episodes.

as soon as they said someone saw him transform, i was like "ok, that's who it is." my only question is how all of this will be resolved.

My blood hasn't boiled with this much shonen rage since Gurren Lagann.

Eren should have just shut the fuck up for a while and smashed the titan with his head or something. That was embarrassing.

Soriku

The Survey Corps guilt-tripped Eren, it's not his fault. Of course people don't care and are all like "LOL he should've transformed, dumb Eren!" just to see some Titan action but you're not putting yourself in his position, where his power is risky and the Corps constantly telling him to trust them. Of course
that all went bust since they overestimated themselves, but the Survey Corps are a top-tier squad, Eren couldn't have predicted with certainty that they'd get rocked so badly.

The Titan scene had more impact
once they all died anyway

In the future, Eren will likely transform more often. Like Erwin said they have to take risks if they want to win.

Honestly,

I was SCREAMING over the most recent episode. I was not expecting the female titan to be able to focus her regeneration on only 1 eye. I was so hopeful the squad was going to take her out. Petra's death struck me the hardest. She knew. In that moment, when they realized their error, her face read nothing but pure tragedy because she knew she was about to die...That this was the end. Her death brought tears to my eyes. She was so infuriated and determined to take down the female titan but in the end, she died for nothing. Eren realizing this flips shit but he was SO late. He did far more damage in the battle against the female titan than what I was expecting also. He damn near had her until that final blow to his head. I honestly believed he was dead when she ate him but considering how Mikasa and Levi are following her, I strongly doubt it.

I anticipate the team up of Mikasa and Levi. They are going to decimate that titan. They have to. If they let the female titan get away, they will have absolutely nothing left to go off of unless they go to the basement themselves but without Eren, who knows how that will go.

Also, Levi's face when he realizes that all of his team mates are dead....that lifeless look in his eye, I got so infuriated. I WANT HIM TO GET REVENGE. Ugh. This show is so fantastic. The story is going in such a direction that I have no idea what's going on. I don't want to read the manga and spoil it for myself but christ.....they have so much to cover in this anime.

We haven't even gotten close to the colossal titan nor even the armored titan. We are only on the female titan. I anticipate the character development in this series. Especially with Levi, Erwin, Mikasa, Armin, Sasha, and Eren. So many feels.

Dali

Basically, none of them ever had a god damn chance. The operation was doomed from the drawing board. Erwin put it best when he said they'd been approaching their operations all wrong the whole time and had severely misjudged their enemy. This has been true since episode 1.

Also crystallization thing becomes much more important in the story later on, but I'm not sure if this season of the anime will get to it.

I don't know who collosal titan is but there's only one bald character and he looks kinda like pixis in other regards too so I'm pretty sure it's pixis

RoyalFool

Banned
Also, Levi's face when he realizes that all of his team mates are dead....that lifeless look in his eye, I got so infuriated. I WANT HIM TO GET REVENGE.

I really hope they have avoided giving his face any expressions up until now just so when he goes goku mode
on the bitch
his face can suddenly switch to rage mode - would be so friggin awesome :D

Also to the people saying the
Colossal titan identity
can be figured out re-watching it, I must be missing something because I have absolutely no clue who it could be, I'd even go so far as to say that I'm pretty sure they haven't dropped any hints yet.

JulianImp

I don't know who collosal titan is but there's only one bald character and he looks kinda like pixis in other regards too so I'm pretty sure it's pixis

Pixis' too busy grooming his moustache and pretending to lose to the king at chess to actually get to the other side of the settlement and bust down a lowly wall, much less do so while transforming into a titan form that conceals his majestic facial hair. That just ain't happening.

Kyuur

Would it be a spoiler to say that
the colossal titan's human form isn't bald?

Yes, that would be a spoiler... Thanks.

My guess for Armored Titan / Colossal Titan identity:

Eren's dad has to be one of them. He disappeared mysteriously. The connection wasn't there at first, but once we learned how the transformations worked and all that, it became clear. I'd lean more towards the Colossal Titan.

The only problem is that he got his wife killed if that is the case... but we didn't really get to know him as a character. It may have been for his 'greater good' or something.

BIGWORM

Quick question:

When the female Titan
was eaten, how was the human able to store her 3DMG from within her Titan when she emerged?
I ask that because I don't specifically remember Eren's 3DMG being ripped off him before
he was eaten in ep. 5 or whenever.

Scavenged, maybe?

okay Im subbed up...comes to £4.99 in the UK.

/sweet

Nice, enjoy!

Quick question:

When the female Titan
was eaten, how was the human able to store her 3DMG from within her Titan when she emerged?
I ask that because I don't specifically remember Eren's 3DMG being ripped off him before
he was eaten in ep. 5 or whenever.

Scavenged, maybe?

I think what they do is stash it somewhere and retrieve them later. You see Eren's clothes and stuff gets ripped off everytime he transforms, so I don't think they can keep the gear in tact. Either that or they learn to control the transformation so their clothes and stuff stays in tact. I'm actually not sure if they explain this later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom