• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Nice, enjoy!

I think what they do is stash it somewhere and retrieve them later. You see Eren's clothes and stuff gets ripped off everytime he transforms, so I don't think they can keep the gear in tact. Either that or they learn to control the transformation so their clothes and stuff stays in tact. I'm actually not sure if they explain this later on.
These people have been titans for at least five years and have already shown themselves to have more abilities and control than Eren. It wouldn't be a surprise if they could preserve their clothing in titan form.

JulianImp

I feel like we know so little about what's going on that making any sound deductions is way too hard to do reliably for now.

I was thinking about rewatching some episodes now, but reading your comments about the titan's identities being really obvious in hindsight has put me off of doing so anytime soon, luckily.

Some speculation ahead:
By the way, if Annie has titan powers, then it'd make a lot of sense for her to actually care about taking those CQC classes in spite of wanting to join the innermost corps no matter what. If that's right, then I'm not sure if Reiner could actually be the armored titan even though he also took the classes, since it seemed like he fared horribly against her... that is, unless he lost because she's specialized in hitting fast and hard, and Reiner's more used to just shrugging attacks off due to his bone armor or something along these lines.

Velti

Neo Member
Ep 21 was breathtaking. Easily one of the best in the series by far. Not a second was wasted to filler or build up. It was pure amazing.

10/10.

Got to disagree with you strongly there. Over-long recap to fill time and some time wasting flashbacks and dialogue. Strong potential and some developments but poor pacing overall, IMO. Looks like the animation took a dip, too. Lots of stills and cutting to scenery during speech. Eren himself looked almost incomplete during the final fight, there. And the female's face looked questionable, unless she changed it to more closely resemble her original form, which would explain Eren's reaction.

Was it just me or did he actually talk while in titan form- out loud? Or was his mouth just making the motions?

I expect this episode to get a big makeover once it hits disc.

Quick question:

When the female Titan
was eaten, how was the human able to store her 3DMG from within her Titan when she emerged?
I ask that because I don't specifically remember Eren's 3DMG being ripped off him before
he was eaten in ep. 5 or whenever.

Scavenged, maybe?

It's my impression that the titan forms around your bizness. See: Eren's first emergence. It's not like hulking out because it's not your flesh. It's this new kind of flesh that's pulled out of the ether.

NEO0MJ

Yes, that would be a spoiler... Thanks.

My guess for Armored Titan / Colossal Titan identity:

The only problem is that he got his wife killed if that is the case... but we didn't really get to know him as a character. It may have been for his 'greater good' or something.

That wouldn't make sense, considering that her death pretty much drove him insane. If he was part of the attack no way would he have just left her or Eren there.

Got to disagree with you strongly there. Over-long recap to fill time and some time wasting flashbacks and dialogue. Strong potential and some developments but poor pacing overall, IMO. Looks like the animation took a dip, too. Lots of stills and cutting to scenery during speech. Eren himself looked almost incomplete during the final fight, there. And the female's face looked questionable, unless she changed it to more closely resemble her original form, which would explain Eren's reaction..

Lol, no. Just no.

And believe it or not, flashbacks and dialogue serve purposes other than wasting time.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I decided on a whim to catch up on this show since I stopped around ep 12 thinking it was hot garbage. These latest episodes have really surprised me..finally some decent plot. While I feel like I guessed the female titan correctly just from watching these last 4 or so eps, I don't think I would have gotten the other two unless I rewatched the eps and realllllly looked.. I went ahead and just spoiled the rest cause who cares and honestly the "surprises" are not that monumental.

Dali

I decided on a whim to catch up on this show since I stopped around ep 12 thinking it was hot garbage. These latest episodes have really surprised me..finally some decent plot. While I feel like I guessed the female titan correctly just from watching these last 4 or so eps, I don't think I would have gotten the other two unless I rewatched the eps and realllllly looked.. I went ahead and just spoiled the rest cause who cares and honestly the "surprises" are not that monumental.
I'm thinking about spoiling myself as well. Figure it's gonna happen to me itt anyway so I may as well take control of my destiny.

duckroll

Okay from now on people are going to get banned hard if they can't shut up. Want to talk about the manga? Go to the other thread.

These people have been titans for at least five years and have already shown themselves to have more abilities and control than Eren. It wouldn't be a surprise if they could preserve their clothing in titan form.

Yeah true. Like Velti said, I remembered that the human is sort of like a "pilot" (with how they're situated on the necks) instead of becoming giants themselves and the titan flesh forms around them. So yeah, with training I can easily see someone maintaining all of their clothes and gear perfectly during the transformation.

Kinyou

Lol, no. Just no.

And believe it or not, flashbacks and dialogue serve purposes other than wasting time.
At times the animation definitely went down. Like when
the female titan opens its mouth to bite Eren's neck. I'd also say that the design of Titan Eren didn't seem to be all that consistent

Quick question:

When the female Titan
was eaten, how was the human able to store her 3DMG from within her Titan when she emerged?
I ask that because I don't specifically remember Eren's 3DMG being ripped off him before
he was eaten in ep. 5 or whenever.

Scavenged, maybe?
Erwin actually addressed that in the episode.
It was a mistake to make assumptions of what human titans can do on Eren's abilities alone. He's a total novice when it's about the titan form, a more skilled person might be able to keep its 3DMG intact.

JulianImp

Erwin actually addressed that in the episode.
It was a mistake to make assumptions of what human titans can do on Eren's abilities alone. He's a total novice when it's about the titan form, a more skilled person might be able to keep its 3DMG intact.

Still,
how was the female titan able to get her hands on the survey corps' uniform? It'd be impossible to scavenge from a dead human due to the horrible ways they die, and the other ways I can think of are somebody sneaking a second set of clothes with him/herself (not likely, since it'd be kind of obvious some recruit was carrying something extra), the female titan getting some spare clothes from the survey corp's reserve (would probably be odd, since it seems they hand out the capes by hand), somebody giving his/her clothes to the female titan (it'd be way too conspicuous and give the mole away nearly instantly, plus they'd need to have the same physique), or one of the higher-ups from one of the three corps conspiring with the female titan (really weird, since none of the higher-ups have been explored much yet).

Kenai

Still,
how was the female titan able to get her hands on the survey corps' uniform?

It's quite possible it's been scavenged and re-tailored considering how many times Survey Corps have died outside the walls. The right person could easily snag an extra uniform or two from a dead body with maneuver gear, even from within the Corps, and leave it in a pre-determined location for pickup Also, assuming they were the same group who killed Sonny and Bean, they already managed to avoid detection during that time somehow, even using Maneuver gear

Also, i think it's pretty obvious who the female Titan is
the new opening credits confirmed it, just look at her despite not being in the anime much at all since earlier
, and quite possibly the Armored, but the Colossal Titan speculation hasn't convinced me of anything. Considering how little we know about how they are able to transform, and considering all the new things that the female Titan has been capable of, i feel like we might be missing more vital information to figure that out.

Also to the people saying the
Colossal titan identity
can be figured out re-watching it, I must be missing something because I have absolutely no clue who it could be, I'd even go so far as to say that I'm pretty sure they haven't dropped any hints yet.

They have.

It’s not as obvious as the female titan’s identity or the somewhat obvious armoured titan’s identity, but they have dropped a few hints. The biggest being if you pay attention to
the credits.
Once you assume who the female and armoured titan's are the colossal titan kinda falls into place.......of course I could be completely off, but ever since I started re-watching the episodes and someone else mentioned
the credits
it all seems to fit. Hopefully we find out who the female titan is in the next few episodes. I hope they don't leave it as a cliff-hanger at the end of episode 25. That would suck titan balls!

Soriku

Hopefully we find out who the female titan is in the next few episodes. I hope they don't leave it as a cliff-hanger at the end of episode 25. That would suck titan balls!

They don''t have any balls, lolz.

I was kinda panicking a bit when
Mikasa rushed in at the end
. I would have flipped out if she died there.

I wouldn't expect any of the "major" characters (Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Levi, Reiner, etc.) to die anytime soon.

FluxWaveZ

I wouldn't expect any of the "major" characters (Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Levi, Reiner, etc.) to die anytime soon.

That's true, though because of that I wasn't expecting
any of Levi's squad to get decimated, let alone all of them, since I had thought their position as major characters had been sufficiently cemented.

jediyoshi

Caught up to the last episode. Eesh, I'm probably just not wording this correctly, but the female titan arc has been super boring to me by now. Even with an actual forward moving episode like 21, the structure of the episodes as a whole have been so repetitive. I'm not getting anything out of them no matter how they vary up the idea of this completely flat character (fem titan) and everyone trying to deal with it.

Oh god, waifu down ]:

They don''t have any balls, lolz.

l8JQJeQ.png

I want to see a prequel. Like the first time Titans attacked humanity and started ruining our lives. But I also feel itd be best to leave that alone since a lot of times people fuck up the origin story.

Branduil

The series would be over by episode 10 if Mikasa had turned into a titan instead. All enemies destroyed.

You never go full Mary Sue.

I want to see a prequel. Like the first time Titans attacked humanity and started ruining our lives. But I also feel itd be best to leave that alone since a lot of times people fuck up the origin story.

Well there's a prequel light novel/manga being published in Japan right now, so don't be surprised if an anime version happens.

As someone who generally fucking hates prequels, that actually seems like it would be interesting, for once.

You never go full Mary Sue.

Well there's a prequel light novel/manga being published in Japan right now, so don't be surprised if an anime version happens.

That one takes place fairly recently, doesn't it? I had assumed the first Titans attacked like 1000 years ago or something. Regardless, I'm happy to get more Titan every month.

Edit: Wait no, it was more like 100 years. Whaaaat. Thats like, 2 generations.

As someone who generally fucking hates prequels, that actually seems like it would be interesting, for once.

I'm sure we'll find out the origins in this series, but it'd be kinda neat to see how futile the resistance was and the mass hysteria of people fighting each other to get behind the walls and shit.

kirblar

Prequel timeframe/"state of the world" spoiler: (nothing else, don't worry)
Takes place 70 years prior to the start of the series, at the time of the military's founding. 3 Walls exist. 3DMG does not.

So it looked like by the end of their fight, the female titan seemed to think she wasn't going to be able to beat Eren outright unless she did something drastic (which, based on Eren's reaction, is pretty obvious what that drastic act was) so does that mean Eren is actually stronger than her? She looked afraid the entire fight, which in the beginning I thought was because she only had one eye to work with and it became obvious pretty quick that she would need both to stand a chance, but even after it regenerated, she still seemed scared/overwhelmed. Or was she just in disbelief at how willing he was to hurt himself to kill her?

I'm sure we'll find out the origins in this series, but it'd be kinda neat to see how futile the resistance was and the mass hysteria of people fighting each other to get behind the walls and shit.

It'll be entertaining to see the reactions of people when these things started showing up out of nowhere.

LogicStep

So it looked like by the end of their fight, the female titan seemed to think she wasn't going to be able to beat Eren outright unless she did something drastic (which, based on Eren's reaction, is pretty obvious what that drastic act was) so does that mean Eren is actually stronger than her? She looked afraid the entire fight, which in the beginning I thought was because she only had one eye to work with and it became obvious pretty quick that she would need both to stand a chance, but even after it regenerated, she still seemed scared/overwhelmed. Or was she just in disbelief at how willing he was to hurt himself to kill her?
I don't think it's him being stronger. He had everyone killed in front of him because of him holding back, dude went super saiyan. He just has way more rage and hate towards titans than anyone in the show.

The last two episodes have been pretty good on the action front.

Episodes like 9-12 almost made me quit the series from boredom. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from them.

Skinpop

man is this series frustrating to watch ;_;
full episode - recap - op/ending totals like 18 minutes of new content, and the pace of the series is painfully slow. It takes like 5 episodes for something to actually happen...

Still I'm hooked and can't wait to see the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom