• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
man is this series frustrating to watch ;_;
full episode - recap - op/ending totals like 18 minutes of new content, and the pace of the series is painfully slow. It takes like 5 episodes for something to actually happen...

Still I'm hooked and can't wait to see the next episode.

So considering the season ends in 4 episodes, things should get really interesting.

I'm really looking forward to enraged Mikasa/Levi combo teaming up on the female titan. Considering it's titled "The Defeated".....I hope they don't fail in taking her out. I truly hope we get some kind of glory moment when it comes to their revenge on her. I'm terrified that they will almost defeat her and the colossal titan will appear or something else completely ridiculous x___x

Any idea when the next season will be out? I'm not sure about the time span between seasons when it comes to anime. As long as it's not like Game of Thrones and I have to wait nearly an entire year between them, I will be happy.

kirblar

So considering the season ends in 4 episodes, things should get really interesting.

I'm really looking forward to enraged Mikasa/Levi combo teaming up on the female titan. Considering it's titled "The Defeated".....I hope they don't fail in taking her out. I truly hope we get some kind of glory moment when it comes to their revenge on her. I'm terrified that they will almost defeat her and the colossal titan will appear or something else completely ridiculous x___x

Any idea when the next season will be out? I'm not sure about the time span between seasons when it comes to anime. As long as it's not like Game of Thrones and I have to wait nearly an entire year between them, I will be happy.
A season a year (alternating between main story and prequel) seems about right, sadly.

zulux21

i wouldn't say a 12-13 episode season next spring is out of the question (but if it happens it will be at least a year before the next season airs)

it also wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that the next season won't be for a few years as sometimes seasons take forever.

lets take Hajime no ippo for example... they had an anime that got near the manga, and then it was 6 years between the seasons (though a few OVA came out between them) with a new season that didn't get all that close to catching up, and then another 4 years before the third season (releasing next month) despite the fact that there is plenty of content for seasons.

Of course there might not be another season period. it's popular yes, but perhaps the creator doesn't like how the anime turned out and will refuse to have it adapted again. Fruits Basket was quite successful and even though it's been complete for years hasn't gotten another anime run because the creator was mad about the original run.

Branduil

If they want to do another 25-episode run they'll need to wait until 2015 at least. That might be for the best so that they actually have a decent amount of pre-production time.

Dresden

Can't see them pushing it off until 2015, we'll get something in 2014. I don't think WIT has anything other than the show they're doing next month lined up.

Might be a movie though, maybe do something original (or one of the spinoff manga).

Branduil

Can't see them pushing it off until 2015, we'll get something in 2014. I don't think WIT has anything other than the show they're doing next month lined up.

Might be a movie though, maybe do something original (or one of the spinoff manga).

They could do a recap movie.

duckroll

April to Sept 2013 = 25 episodes = 33 chapters

Oct 2014 to Mar 2015 = 25 episodes = 33 chapters

Late 2015 = Live action movie

That's how I see it.

Branduil

April to Sept 2013 = 25 episodes = 33 chapters

Oct 2014 to Mar 2015 = 25 episodes = 33 chapters

Late 2015 = Live action movie

That's how I see it.

The only problem with that is that if the manga isn't finished in 66 chapters, it's going to be a long wait for the third season.

duckroll

Do Not Want.

I don't think they care what you want. They've been trying to get that made since before the anime was announced. It's definitely going forward, they just need a new director. I wonder if the anime was actually rushed because the previous director of the live action movie dropped out, since it was supposed to be out this year.

The only problem with that is that if the manga isn't finished in 66 chapters, it's going to be a long wait for the third season.

Do you really think the people who control this franchise give a fuck about that? As opposed to striking while the iron is hot and making the most money possible while the manga is still at the peak of its popularity? Lol.

zulux21

They could do a recap movie.

I imagine we will see two recap movies next year, one for each major arc.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an ova or two as well.... I also wouldn't be surprised if one of the ova was something like a relax at the local beach episode.... as every show with females that have a fan following seems to get a beach ova/ep anymore ><;

Do you really think the people who control this franchise give a fuck about that? As opposed to striking while the iron is hot and making the most money possible while the manga is still at the peak of its popularity? Lol.

you should just merely add..
2016/2017 (when ever the manga is close to ending)
Attack on the Titan Brotherhood (a new series starting from the beginning and covering all of the manga :p)

Branduil

Well, the production schedule issues make it obvious they don't care about that.

duckroll

you should just merely add..
2016/2017 (when ever the manga is close to ending)
Attack on the Titan Brotherhood (a new series starting from the beginning and covering all of the manga :p)

That doesn't make any sense, since this series is already "Brotherhood" for all intents and purposes. :p

zulux21

That doesn't make any sense, since this series is already "Brotherhood" for all intents and purposes. :p

I suppose, I suppose we need to more kai the first and future second season to speed up the pacing... but Attack on Titan Kai just sounds odd :p

Is this currently going at a 1 chapter per episode pace? Is that why it's so slow sometimes?

on average it's covering a bit more than a chapter per ep, but you have to keep in mind the chapters are much longer than shows such as one piece or naruto are based off of as it's a monthly manga not a weekly.

Dali

Levi is going down like kamiya. If anyone is a worthwhile guy to kill off its him. He'll probably be successful in helping to take out the titan chick thus adding to his legend but he's as good as worm food.

I got up to episode 11 or 12 with this, but haven't watched it in a few weeks. It just gets too melodramatic/internal monologue heavy for me when I just want more action.

Will try to finish it soon though.

mugwhump

Levi is going down like kamiya. If anyone is a worthwhile guy to kill off its him. He'll probably be successful in helping to take out the titan chick thus adding to his legend but he's as good as worm food.

Haha, you mean
kamina?
Too much gaming-side discussion for you :p

Soriku

wAYFQUL.jpg

Unlike Kamina there isn't really a good/worthwhile reason for Levi to get killed off. If he does it won't be till MUCH later and he's probably too popular of a character that he might not get killed off at all.

Dali

Lol yes kamina. And
sure there's a reason to off him. Remind us no one is off limits as when we thought eren was dead. His death can also serve as inspiration just like kamina's did. We're at the end of the season so if there is a time jump next season we could have some of the current new recruits leveling up and replacing the grizzled survey team vets that got meat grinded in the past few episodes using Levi as their driving force to get better.

kewlmyc

Is it close to ending the story?

If I recall correctly, the author said that we're around the halfway point now. Manga will probably end 4 years from now.

I say wait till late 2015 to do the second season and then have the final season be 13 episodes and coincide with the manga ending.

Soriku

Lol yes kamina. And
sure there's a reason to off him. Remind us no one is off limits as when we thought eren was dead. His death can also serve as inspiration just like kamina's did. We're at the end of the season so if there is a time jump next season we could have some of the current new recruits leveling up and replacing the grizzled survey team vets that got meat grinded in the past few episodes using Levi as their driving force to get better.

Kamina was like a brother to Simon in TTGL, Levi is just a strong badass dude. lol. He's not biting it anytime soon.

NEO0MJ

Kamina was like a brother to Simon in TTGL, Levi is just a strong badass dude. lol. He's not biting it anytime soon.

Yeah, there nothing more he can give that his team mates didn't. I mean we already got a shock when the supposed best of the best lost after they seemed to be winning the fight with the female titan at first so it would be pretty stupid to use that trick again, especially so soon.

Urahara

Banned
Does anyone know where/which country the story takes place, or have an idea where it takes place? I think it's someplace in Europe.

NEO0MJ

Does anyone know where/which country the story takes place, or have an idea where it takes place? I think it's someplace in Europe.

Looks that way, after all besides how euro the land and building looks, Caucasians are practically the only race left.

Kinyou

It's not really defined, but the architecture is definitely European and most of the town and character names are German. Parts of the opening song are also in German. But overall I think it's supposed to be a mix of all west European countries and not specifically Germany.

kirblar

It's not really defined, but the architecture is definitely European and most of the town and character names are German. Parts of the opening song are also in German. But overall I think it's supposed to be a mix of all west European countries and not specifically Germany.
The Japanese have a lot of cultural connections to Germany (dating before WWII) and so that's why there's such a heavy German influence in much of their media. (Bleach, Monster, etc.)

Urahara

Banned

Does Germany or any other Euro countries have a "Giant Forest" like Titans has, or are those trees/forest unique to that future/story?

And am I right in assuming real Titans have stupid looking faces/expressions and human titans have regular looking/serious faces?

Collete

Does the art in the manga get better? I remember seeing the first few pages and it looked terrible.

I flipped to the scene where Eren lifts the boulder, it didn't look good at all.
The anime did a lot of good and make the art really shine a lot better than the manga.

And am I right in assuming real Titans have stupid looking faces/expressions and human titans have regular looking/serious faces?

That seems to be the trend right now.

Kinyou

Does Germany or any other Euro countries have a "Giant Forest" like Titans has, or are those trees/forest unique to that future/story?
I don't think so. The closest to those are probably the redwood trees in North America.

The Japanese have a lot of cultural connections to Germany (dating before WWII) and so that's why there's such a heavy German influence in much of their media. (Bleach, Monster, etc.)
The connection between the two countries is certainly interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom