• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

I wonder if this happened in harry potter movie threads. I mean it says it clearly in the title and just about every other page seems like someone is still posting a spoiler and reprimanded for it. Between th warning in the title and it being a topic of discussion pretty consistently throughout this thread at some point it's gotta be intentional.
I remember it happening in the Game of Thrones threads as well. I think some people just get a kick out of it

JulianImp

Most of us just want to enjoy the series, and getting spoiled on upcoming events is kind of a bummer.

It'd kind of be like saying "Just you wait until the whole father part" to someone who was watching the original Star Wars trilogy. Not descriptive enough to spoil everything to you, but still lets you know more than what you'd like to.

dan2026

I'm going to be honest, avoiding spoilers on the internet is almost impossible.

That goes double for popular things.

Only four more episodes I think. Dunno where they will cut off.

JulianImp

Yeah, that's what I fear. Being a popular series, it's a lot more likely we'll get to "Snape kills Dumbledore" levels of viral spoilers; even more so due to the fact the manga releases happen once per month, and the anime needs a lot of manga chapters to be finished so it a new season can be started.

FluxWaveZ

I'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers for things I care about. I've managed to avoid any spoiler for this series so far by just sticking in this thread for impressions on the latest episode (except for a relatively minor hint by someone in this thread) and if people can avoid being idiots or inconsiderate jerks in the future in this thread, I should be able to remain safe, at least until the end of this season.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
There's a reason why I basically refuse to watch/read adaptations any more. I've been spoiled on so much shit over my life, I've had enough. ENOUGH! These days I will always go directly to the source, and then read/watch the adaptation after the fact if I still feel like it. I went straight to the Titan manga once I marathoned the anime a couple months ago.

LogicStep

Really. Why are people still posting manga spoilers and, what's even worse, not even bothering to spoiler tag them?

Two silent badasses which are the best at slaying titans, and which are royally pissed off due to
the female titan owning their closest friends
... It's hard to avoid overhyping their confrontation, and I really hope we don't get too many flashbacks or idle exposition in the few episodes we've got left.

Talking about the end of the season, I'm still thinking about waiting for the anime... I honestly don't enjoy reading manga nearly as much as watching its anime adaptation, but I'm not sure if I'll have to wait so long to watch the continuation while avoiding spoilers that are very likely to pop up as more of the plot gets revealed through the manga.
Well I would love to just watch the anime but it seems like it's going to take forever to get more. I think I'll just read the manga after the anime ends. Terrible art but whatever, I want to KNOW!

FluxWaveZ

Well I would love to just watch the anime but it seems like it's going to take forever to get more. I think I'll just read the manga after the anime ends. Terrible art but whatever, I want to KNOW!

I'm probably going to have to do that after this season ends.

It's been kinda brutal having to wait for the inevitable next season of Jojo's after part 2 ended instead of just reading what happens next.

Amakusa

shits getting good son!

1235468_624772774229093_644669798_n.jpg

and just for laughs

Shahadan

So, I started it yesterday and I'm up to episode 20. It started on such high point that I don't know how to feel right now. It's so slow and most of the dialogue/scene in some episode sounds like filler and saving money material.
It reminded me why I haven't watched an anime in years. That said, I love the setting and story, so I guess I'll keep watching.

I just hate that they'll probably won't get to the basement before 2016 or something, and that the Female Titan's identity is so obvious.
Also I don't get why Levi seems to be popular or something, he's like a parody of this type of character, and I can't take him seriously. Look at his face.

kirblar

So, I started it yesterday and I'm up to episode 20. It started on such high point that I don't know how to feel right now. It's so slow and most of the dialogue/scene in some episode sounds like filler and saving money material.
It reminded me why I haven't watched an anime in years. That said, I love the setting and story, so I guess I'll keep watching.

I just hate that they'll probably won't get to the basement before 2016 or something, and that the Female Titan's identity is so obvious.
Also I don't get why Levi seems to be popular or something, he's like a parody of this type of character, and I can't take him seriously. Look at his face.
The anime is a straight adaptation of the source material. Zero filler, and the mystery-based and relatively fast-paced structure of the series (each answer leads into a larger question) makes it near-impossible to actually do filler. The prequel will essentially be the "filler" for the main Anime.

LiK

The anime is a straight adaptation of the source material. Zero filler, and the mystery-based and relatively fast-paced structure of the series (each answer leads into a larger question) makes it near-impossible to actually do filler. The prequel will essentially be the "filler" for the main Anime.

Yup, it follows the manga so closely that it's admirable. The only "filler" is probably much more fleshed out action scenes cuz they need to actually animate it.

Wow so people in here got spoiled huh... Glad I haven't been in this thread for a while then. I'm surprised I've made it this far, some douchebag GAFers spoiled Game of Thrones for me in IRC (red wedding).

Chake

Banned
God damn fan arts.

If i keep going like this i won't able to enjoy the show at all. Starting the manga on 30th!

Dali

Now that the upcoming episode is close, I'm not too sure what to expect from it. I hope it's not just a whole lot of chasing.
Ugghh... You just destroyed my anticipation. This is probably exactly what we're getting. Them following while developing a plan along with heaps of internal monolog interspersed with cuts of armin and the others talking (with heaps of internal monolog). I don't know why I expected the confrontation or anything of real consequence to take place next episode.

We can make all the predictions we want, but at the end of the day, for us folks that haven't read the manga, the anime (esp these last couple of episodes) have been somewhat unpredictable. The predictions we make can be wrong which makes for a more exciting episode...

Erigu

Well, that was a shitty episode.

Only 7 minutes and 30 seconds weren't flashbacks or silly, pointless filler.
And the whole thing was poorly animated (for example, forget Spider-Man, they're just flying, now).

Well, that was a shitty episode.

Only 7 minutes and 30 seconds weren't flashbacks or silly, pointless filler.
And the whole thing was poorly animated (for example, forget Spider-Man, they're just flying, now).

They aren't swinging by just the hooks. The gas canister propels them forward.

I know what you mean though sometimes it looks like they are just flying straight ahead without using the hooks for more momentum.

Dali

They aren't swinging by just the hooks. The gas canister propels them forward.

I know what you mean though sometimes it looks like they are just flying straight ahead without using the hooks for more momentum.
I though they were swinging by just the hooks. The gas canisters allow the hooks to be launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom