• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velti

Neo Member
Episode 22

Pretty good stuff here. The anime-only material continues to impress me; it's really filling some holes left by the manga. I'm also glad for the filler because it means the last few episodes probably won't be so streeeeeeeeetched.

However, watching this episode right after 21 solidified my somewhat controversial opinion that this show does titan MMA significantly better than it does 3DMG scenes.
Levi's action scenes in this ep were honestly just retarded.
LOOK AT ME I'M A FUCKING HELICOPTER SWAA SWAA MOTHERFUCKER
In the manga it wasn't that bad, since Levi was basically the only one who did the helicopter bullshit, but in the anime everyone and their mom does it, and it doesn't even make sense. They couldn't spin around without wrapping their cables around themselves. And they barely even animated Levi this ep, he was just a shiny blue line for most of it.

Aaaanyway. Really looking forward to the next 3 episodes!

She's horny and wants to snu-snu. She's crying from frustration.

Maybe he actually disengages the cables before going 'copter?

Soriku

However, watching this episode right after 21 solidified my somewhat controversial opinion that this show does titan MMA significantly better than it does 3DMG scenes.
Levi's action scenes in this ep were honestly just retarded.
LOOK AT ME I'M A FUCKING HELICOPTER SWAA SWAA MOTHERFUCKER
In the manga it wasn't that bad, since Levi was basically the only one who did the helicopter bullshit, but in the anime everyone and their mom does it, and it doesn't even make sense. They couldn't spin around without wrapping their cables around themselves. And they barely even animated Levi this ep, he was just a shiny blue line for most of it.

Dude this is a Shonen. His helicopter moves are cool as shit.

Anyway I thought this was one of the best episodes.

As stated, Levi's helicopter moves are cool as shit. What a badass fighter.

The rest of the episode was really good...and fucked up. The thing with throwing the bodies and Levi watching Petra's thrown. Aww shit. All the comments from the dickbag citizens and everyone's degraded faces hurt. They couldn't even let Petra go and had to bring her father out as well. I laughed at Levi's face during that part but shit was messed up.

Next episode should be interesting.

ZenaxPure

Dude this is a Shonen. His helicopter moves are cool as shit.

Pretty much lol. When I watched him do it my reaction was "what a badass", the thought of him getting tangled in his wires was pretty much the last thing on my mind. Kind of a silly thing to think about given the type of show this is.

Collete

I'm pretty worried about the next episode:

They did come back empty handed after that mission. Eren's basically going to be executed...I have no idea how they'll advance next. But I'm regretting to see another court episode. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 7 MORE DAYS! And seeing Levi's face as Petra was thrown off the cart...That was heart breaking =\

Subitai

Nice how they extended off the manga.

They really did a nice job showing the ridiculous pressure Erwin is under leading the survey corp. He spent so much trying to capture the female titan with Eren and will now be forced to hand him back over. =[

Soi-Fong

So I have some theories or guesses about what will happen next. All of these are just based off of the anime and nothing else. I have not seen or even touched the manga whatsoever.

In the upcoming spoiler text I will be revealing who I think the female titan is along with the reasons for the female titan's actions so if you don't want to find out, then don't highlight it. Just fair warning.

Anyway, it was pretty clear to me after the fight (between Eren and the female titan) that the female titan is Annie. Her moves along with her stance pretty much gives it away. Those titan's eyes are also exactly the same as Annie's. Cold and deadly... The fight between Eren and her pretty much was the same as the fight when they tried to "teach" Annie a lesson during the trainee excercise way back when.

As for the reason of why I think Annie wanted Eren. Well, as we know, she joined the Military Police. She's probably privy to what's going on in the inside regarding what they want to do with Eren (which is more than likely execute him). As a result of this information, Annie (female titan) took it upon herself (or she could be with a group?) to try to save Eren from the Military Police because she knows they'll execute him. It would make sense in the long term if she knows something more sinister going on.

Also, seeing Petra's body just hit the Earth like that along with that godforsaken "crack" sound killed me. These writers are cruel. Petra's dad showing up along with what Erwin has to deal with... Oh my gosh... Yet, it's realistic as well... Damn these writers!!! In a good way of course..

One more thing, goddamn Levi is badass. He's the epitome of badass. I'm a guy and I love him. Sweet mother... lol I thought Mikasa couldn't be beat in badassery, but this episode showed otherwise.

The last part with Eren crying actually made me cry as well... :(

Anyway, end of spoiler/theories. I'm open to hearing more from what fans are thinking. It's gonna be a long wait to the next episode... :(

So I have some theories or guesses about what will happen next. All of these are just based off of the anime and nothing else. I have not seen or even touched the manga whatsoever.

In the upcoming spoiler text I will be revealing who I think the female titan is along with the reasons for the female titan's actions so if you don't want to find out, then don't highlight it. Just fair warning.

Anyway, it was pretty clear to me after the fight (between Eren and the female titan) that the female titan is Annie. Her moves along with her stance pretty much gives it away. Those titan's eyes are also exactly the same as Annie's. The fight between Eren and her pretty much was the same as the fight when they tried to "teach" Annie a lesson during the trainee excercise way back when.

As for the reason of why I think Annie wanted Eren. Well, as we know, she joined the Military Police. She's probably privy to what's going on in the inside regarding what they want to do with Eren (which is more than likely execute him). As a result of this information, Annie (female titan) took it upon herself (or she could be with a group?) to try to save Eren from the Military Police because she knows they'll execute him. It would make sense in the long term if she knows something more sinister going on.

Also, seeing Petra's body just hit the Earth like that along with that godforsaken "crack" sound killed me. These writers are cruel. Petra's dad showing up along with what Erwin has to deal with... Oh my gosh... Yet, it's realistic as well... Damn these writers!!! In a good way of course..

One more thing, goddamn Levi is badass. He's the epitome of badass. I'm a guy and I love him. Sweet mother... lol I thought Mikasa couldn't be beat in badassery, but this episode showed otherwise.

The last part with Eren crying actually made me cry as well... :(

Anyway, end of spoiler/theories. I'm open to hearing more from what fans are thinking. It's gonna be a long wait to the next episode... :(

Do you know how many Survey Corps members the female titan murdered? That is why the last part of your theory can't be true.

Also,

Is there any other anime similar to Attack on Titan in theme where humanity is backed up against the wall and the situation is pretty much always hopeless? And is good as well? I know Blue Gender is one -- which I also enjoyed. Any others?

DrFurbs

Thank you guys for recommending this show. I subbed to crunchy roll and can't get over how great AOTitan is.

Brilliant show.

Cloudy

Banned
Is there any other anime similar to Attack on Titan in theme where humanity is backed up against the wall and the situation is pretty much always hopeless? And is good as well? I know Blue Gender is one -- which I also enjoyed. Any others?

Go watch Fafner in the Azure. It is one of the best shows I've ever seen and it has what you want and much more.

Jex

If the last few episodes have taught me anything it's that when people use maneuver gear in a forest all you have to do is fire it once and then you can simply float forward forever on a nearly invisible thread allowing you to have lengthy conversations about whatever happens to be on your mind.

kirblar

If the last few episodes have taught me anything it's that when people use maneuver gear in a forest all you have to do is fire it once and then you can simply float forward forever on a nearly invisible thread allowing you to have lengthy conversations about whatever happens to be on your mind.
This is a world where an emo kid turns into a titan when he cuts himself.

Rad-

That's what I was thinking as well when she started crying. Why would she cry just because she failed a mission? I think she cried because she failed to save Eren.

And Levi's freaking OP... He just sliced up the titan.

So many sad Petra moments. First they toss off her body and then her father comes to Levi. :(

BIGWORM

I'm pretty worried about the next episode:

They did come back empty handed after that mission. Eren's basically going to be executed...I have no idea how they'll advance next. But I'm regretting to see another court episode. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 7 MORE DAYS! And seeing Levi's face as Petra was thrown off the cart...That was heart breaking =\

So more heart-breaking than Petra's father walking up to Levi in the convoy's return home and started bragging about his daughter?

</3

Erigu

I always felt it was strange that the manga never touched on what the Corps did with the bodies of the fallen soldiers before they returned home.
I actually find it odd that they'd stop for that. And take their sweet time. And yell.

It's based on an in-between slide in the anime which said the outermost wall has a diameter of 1000 km. Personally I think it just means that the anime guys suck at geography, but yeah
I believe those dimensions first appeared in the spin-off novel.

Yeah, that can't possibly be right.
Yeah, seems waaaaay too large to me as well. I'd cite an example, but the TV series isn't there yet.

I thought it was hilarious when Naruto did it ("they're supposed to jump from tree to tree? yeah, screw that: we'll just make them fly"). Was hoping Shingeki no Kyojin wouldn't go there, or at least not as blatantly. Ah well.

They STILL haven't shown who the female titan is and/or its motives.
It's even more frustrating because it seems so obvious who it is,
but that person seems to be even "recruited" in the upcoming episode (unless Armin plans some elaborate scheme to out her)

I thought they would show her face while in human form. Nope.
I though Eren realized who it is, based on his shocked face and he would yell the name the moment he wakes up. Nope, just Eren being stupid and getting his head cut off.

I'm THIS close to just read up on everything on some wiki. /annoyed

Ep.22 + speculation:
Kinda sucks that there was no real progress either, now they are back in the court room. Though it's really weird if the goal of the military police is to execute Eren when assuming Annie was tasked by them to capture Eren. So maybe the female titan got her orders from another group after all. Her crying was weird though, could be something personal then. Maybe she's blackmailed and they will kill her family or whatever?

Oh but at the beginning of the episode, I realized it made a lot of sense to tire Eren-Titan out first, if he had still energy left, he could have transformed inside her like the first time.
Also: Female titans don't swallow *wink *wink* (but seriously, was it mentioned if they have acid etc. in their belly?

They STILL haven't shown who the female titan is and/or its motives.
It's even more frustrating because it seems so obvious who it is,
but that person seems to be even "recruited" in the upcoming episode (unless Armin plans some elaborate scheme to out her)

I though Eren realized who it is, based on his shocked face and he would yell the name the moment he wakes up. Nope, just Eren being stupid and getting his head cut off.

I'm THIS close to just read up on everything on some wiki. /annoyed

Ep.22 + speculation:
Kinda sucks that there was no real progress either, now they are back in the court room. Though it's really weird if the goal of the military police is to execute Eren when assuming Annie was tasked by them to capture Eren. So maybe the female titan got her orders from another group after all. Her crying was weird though, could be something personal then. Maybe she's blackmailed and they will kill her family or whatever?

Oh but at the beginning of the episode, I realized it made a lot of sense to tire Eren-Titan out first, if he had still energy left, he could have transformed inside her like the first time.
Also: Female titans don't swallow *wink *wink* (but seriously, was it mentioned if they have acid etc. in their belly?

In one of the episodes after the battle of Trost it's explained that the Titans don't have digestive organs. They regurgitate a sac of eaten humans or something.

sohois

Am I the only one who found it strange
how Eren is immediately being handed to the military police just because their mission failed?

Seems like the Recon corps mission fail all the time anyway, why would they possibly agree to such a thing in the first place? It is no fault of Eren that the mission failed (well it is kinda, but they don't know that). What does many of the recon corps dying have to do with Eren anyway? How does this in any way change the situation involving Eren?

Unless it was Eren personally who started killing all of the recon corps, there is no reason for Eren to be suddenly handed over. The actions, and the failures, of the recon corps are on Erwin alone, and for the military police to suddenly say "Well you came back empty handed as per usual, now we win" is some fucking BS. Even if the recon corps have no say in the outcome, why would the head court guy be so stupid with his ruling?"

NEO0MJ

Eren's still at a phase where he can't recall anything he did in Titan form, so that might be why he doesn't remember who the F titan was. The scene just seemed so strange something had to have happened for him to just pause like that.

In one of the episodes after the battle of Trost it's explained that the Titans don't have digestive organs. They regurgitate a sac of eaten humans or something.

yeah I remember that, so she could have swallowed him, mh. I guess the danger was that he could still drown in there.

Eren's still at a phase where he can't recall anything he did in Titan form, so that might be why he doesn't remember who the F titan was. The scene just seemed so strange something had to have happened for him to just pause like that.

I'm hoping that's the case. Otherwise I have only trust in Armin. He basically figured everything out in the first contact with the female titan.

how Eren is immediately being handed to the military police just because their mission failed?

Seems like the Recon corps mission fail all the time anyway, why would they possibly agree to such a thing in the first place? It is no fault of Eren that the mission failed (well it is kinda, but they don't know that). What does many of the recon corps dying have to do with Eren anyway? How does this in any way change the situation involving Eren?

Unless it was Eren personally who started killing all of the recon corps, there is no reason for Eren to be suddenly handed over. The actions, and the failures, of the recon corps are on Erwin alone, and for the military police to suddenly say "Well you came back empty handed as per usual, now we win" is some fucking BS. Even if the recon corps have no say in the outcome, why would the head court guy be so stupid with his ruling?"
Well, it was always a risky venture. The whole idea is that they were really putting a lot on
Eren being able to help them in the field. They failed as they often do, yeah, but I think the point was that they wanted to prove that Eren's potential was enough to give them success, which is didn't.

Collete

So more heart-breaking than Petra's father walking up to Levi in the convoy's return home and started bragging about his daughter?

</3

Nah that was also heart breaking, I was expecting at any moment the father would realize that she's gone, but he never did. I didn't expect they would throw her off after all that happened though. She won't even get a proper burning.

Also this does remind me, they did focus on a body that had perforations on their hand as if they bitten it, was that a member of the survey corps or did they accidentally just picked up the female titan's body?

That was the deal Erwin struck at the courthouse. They get one shot to prove Eren can be useful to hummanity but if they fail Eren is to be executed.

Nibel

Attack On 21

igNP2jvb8JPov.gif
igNP2jvb8JPov.gif
igNP2jvb8JPov.gif
/
igNP2jvb8JPov.gif
igNP2jvb8JPov.gif
igNP2jvb8JPov.gif

Attack On 22

Pretty good episode as well. Everybody whose name is Dieter is a troublemaker :lol

Really interested to see how Eren will end up now

Branduil

Because it's easier(to animate).

An excellent episode but
Was the female titan crying after levi took eren out of its mouth? I could've sworn i saw a tear as it was sitting there.

Nibel

Because it's easier(to animate).

If you've followed the thread you might notice that he always has something to criticize about the show

An excellent episode but
Was the female titan crying after levi took eren out of its mouth? I could've sworn i saw a tear as it was sitting there.

Yup!
At first I though that was because of her throwing up Eren, but it seems like he always was in her mouth which is why I think the person inside just thought "SHIT - THAT JUST HAPPENED"

Solid episode! It really gave you that feeling of hopelessness. Also, Levi getting
Eren out of the female titan&#8217;s mouth reminded me of when Cell coughed up Android 18 in Dragonball Z.

And I really hope that they&#8217;re not expecting anyone to be surprised when they reveal who the female titan is - I mean the preview for the next episode pretty much confirms the obvious.

Also this does remind me, they did focus on a body that had perforations on their hand as if they bitten it, was that a member of the survey corps or did they accidentally just picked up the female titan's body?

It was the body of one of Levy's squad. There was a flashback some episodes back showing how all of them tried to bite their hand like Eren does to see how it feels etc.

Also regarding the wall size thing I was talking about on the last page, here it is:

It's based on an in-between slide in the anime which said the outermost wall has a diameter of 1000 km. Personally I think it just means that the anime guys suck at geography, but yeah
huh, I guess I can see that. Though it looks small, there's probably still a huge area between the wall and the sea. Also if they move it across into Asia/Russia a bit it would fit even better.

Because that would detract from the storytelling and be in the way visually? I haven't seen them eating much either, why haven't they starved to death?

NEO0MJ

Well, it was always a risky venture. The whole idea is that they were really putting a lot on
Eren being able to help them in the field. They failed as they often do, yeah, but I think the point was that they wanted to prove that Eren's potential was enough to give them success, which is didn't.

I don't think that was their goal at all, considering they kept telling him not to transform.

Dennis

Banned
huh, I guess I can see that. Though it looks small, there's probably still a huge area between the wall and the sea. Also if they move it across into Asia/Russia a bit it would fit even better.

Because that would detract from the storytelling and be in the way visually? I haven't seen them eating much either, why haven't they starved to death?
Can't believe they never have to poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom