• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually use both in the anime. They added a propulsion exhaust that wasn't there in the manga, most likely to make it easier to animate, as we've seen quite a bit lately.

Would be funny if Isayama added something like that in the manga later on and made it an actual plot point.

JulianImp

They actually use both in the anime. They added a propulsion exhaust that wasn't there in the manga, most likely to make it easier to animate, as we've seen quite a bit lately.

Oh, really? I saw the exhaust, but always thought it wasn't used for propulsion.

Physics-wise, wouldn't using compressed gas to try and move a human around be considerably more wasteful than using that very gas only within the 3DMG to control the wire mechanisms? Not that I actually care if a fantastic anime series conforms to real-world physics, but still...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda off topic, but does anyone else get Attack on Titan vibes from the movement in Titanfall? Running on walls, soaring between buildings -- it's not the same things, but looks like it feels pretty similar. Definitely makes me a lil more hyped for that game.

Branduil

Oh, really? I saw the exhaust, but always thought it wasn't used for propulsion.

Physics-wise, wouldn't using compressed gas to try and move a human around be considerably more wasteful than using that very gas only within the 3DMG to control the wire mechanisms? Not that I actually care if a fantastic anime series conforms to real-world physics, but still...

Probably, but I don't think they were worried about that as much as making the scenes easier to animate.

It's also there in the manga version...
Are you sure the gas is also used for propulsion in the TV series, Branduil? Where did you see that?

Well, the 3DMG design in the show is clearly different from the one in the manga. The manga design has tiny exhaust holes on a single barrel while the anime version has a 3-section design with a prominent exhaust jet on the back. Just look at the scenes in episode 5 where Eren battles the Colossal Titan and his squad is advancing towards the front line and it's obvious they're using the gas as propulsion.

Soma

Well, the 3DMG design in the show is clearly different from the one in the manga. The manga design has tiny exhaust holes on a single barrel while the anime version has a 3-section design with a prominent exhaust jet on the back. Just look at the scenes in episode 5 where Eren battles the Colossal Titan and his squad is advancing towards the front line and it's obvious they're using the gas as propulsion.

It shows this pretty prominently in this scene in episode 7 with Mikasa.

About 40 seconds into this clip

Erigu

I know they changed the design, but I'm not so sure about the gas now being used for propulsion, even after watching those scenes again...

Branduil

I know they changed the design, but I'm not so sure about the gas now being used for propulsion, even after watching those scenes again...

There's not really any point in them changing the design if the gas exhaust doesn't also serve as a thruster. You can also see in a number of shots that the character's trajectory follows the vector of the nozzle as opposed to moving in the direction of the cable. There's also all of the scenes in the show where they are basically flying, LOL.

Rinoa

Marathoning through the episodes and am at the female titan ones right now.

Is anyone else annoyed by the pacing? I feel it takes on average 3 episodes for things to actually happen, 2 to talk about it complete with flashbacks.

kingkitty

Is anyone else annoyed by the pacing? I feel it takes on average 3 episodes for things to actually happen, 2 to talk about it complete with flashbacks.

I kinda wish I just waited until all 26 episodes came out, the pacing is whack.

sohois

I guess since you are marathoning the series you won't have been in the thread until now, but yes, many, many, many posters are extremely frustrated with the pacing of the show

kewlmyc

The pacing is similar to the source material really.

That's why I thought the series is more of a seinen at first.

It's one of the few series that would benefit from condensing movies. 1 for the Trost arc, 1 for the Female Titan arc, and have movies from here on out.

Just watched 22. Was damn good yet again and I've been thoroughly satisfied with this series even though it did drag in a few parts.

Why did they basically give away that Annie is Big Bitch in the preview teaser? Kinda lame.

Rinoa

I guess since you are marathoning the series you won't have been in the thread until now, but yes, many, many, many posters are extremely frustrated with the pacing of the show

Yea all caught up now so now I'm reading the older posts. Good to know I'm not alone on this because it seems nobody I know is complaining about the pacing, just singing praises.

Geido

Just watched 22. Was damn good yet again and I've been thoroughly satisfied with this series even though it did drag in a few parts.

Why did they basically give away that Annie is Big Bitch in the preview teaser? Kinda lame.

You were surprised by that? I saw it coming from a mile away.

RoyalFool

Banned
Quick question about Ep.22

Why do you guys think Levi
stopped Mikasa going for the kill?

I got the impression that when he saw what happened to his squad he figured out it could
selectively regenerate
and thus grabbed her before it could
bite her
but that seems a bit of a long shot..

JulianImp

I got the impression that when he saw what happened to his squad he figured out it could
selectively regenerate
bite her

Him being the most skilled soldier we've seen so far, it doesn't seem that far fetched to me. The whole leg part was kind of odd, though, since it had little plot relevance afterwards (
why'd he go "damn, I can't fight" later on if he didn't even need his legs to swing around on his 3DMG and cut those titans to shreds, anyway?
).

selectively regenerate
bite her

I don't think this was even open for interpretation.
He didn't know about the selective regeneration I guess, but he knew it was a trap to lure them into attacking the exposed neck - because it was not armored.

DrFurbs

Not trying to state the obvious here but if
TITANS shut down during night...why not move suppies and hunt them at night?

ultron87

selectively regenerate
bite her

EP 22
Didn't he pretty much directly tell her they couldn't kill it with their weapons since it could selectively harden its skin?

Nibel

Not trying to state the obvious here but if
TITANS shut down during night...why not move suppies and hunt them at night?

Not all of them are shutting down during night - some simply don't give a fuck :lol

One of the Titans that Hanji examined for example seemed to be awake while the other wasn't

JulianImp

EP 22
Didn't he pretty much directly tell her they couldn't kill it with their weapons since it could selectively harden its skin?

But she mentioned how he was somehow able to wound it before it could harden its skin, so I'd say he could've killed her if he wanted and had enough spare blades. I guess
the inconvenient leg wound
forced him to back off and call it a day...

LogicStep

The way I saw it, Mikasa was going in for the kill and the titan was raising her hand to attack her and Mikasa noticed but I think she noticed too late but Levi being the boss he is saved her from it although he hurt his leg in the process.

chrono01

So I finally watched the episode...damn, that was depressing as hell! When they were
tossing the bodies out of the back of the wagon and having the Titans literally walk over/on them, I cringed. Poor Petra. ;_;

I wonder if the Female Titan's identity will be revealed next week. It had better, although I think we all kind of know who she probably is.

Soriku

selectively regenerate
bite her

Besides the fact that they weren't well-equipped to deal with the hardening, at that point Levi just prioritized getting in and getting out after saving Eren.

Rinoa

Honestly until that preview I forgot who she was.

This. There are so many characters introduced then dropped off the wayside or killed that we kinda stop caring o_o and some characters look/sound too similar to each other. We call that gang "slytherin" because we have no clue of peep's names.

This. There are so many characters introduced then dropped off the wayside or killed that we kinda stop caring o_o and some characters look/sound too similar to each other. We call that gang "slytherin" because we have no clue of peep's names.
Seriously, you can section them off into groups.

Jean
Reiner

Christa
Armin
Annie if she lets her hair down

Sacha
Hanji
Ymir

EVERYONE LOOKS KINDA THE SAME. Especially in the black and white, artistically inconsistent, voiceless manga.

Rinoa

Seriously, you can section them off into groups.

Jean
Reiner

Christa
Armin
Annie if she lets her hair down

Sacha
Hanji
Ymir

EVERYONE LOOKS KINDA THE SAME. Especially in the black and white, artistically inconsistent, voiceless manga.

Seriously, there can't be 3 whole hairstyles humanity was left with.

Geido

Oh wow, I'm not having that issue at all. That said, I watched episode 1 through 22 on one day when I had a sick day. That might have helped.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Thought this was just me, but I had the hardest time distinguishing between Reiner and Jean in the manga.

At the end of episode twenty two we're now back to square one. Except now there's a girl titan.

I feel like Milhouse watching that Poochy episode while watching this.

So that action Levi busted last ep, how the hell did that man have that kinda of speed, torque and control?

Spin dashing and s?!@ ... my apologies that stuck with me too much. Last ep still made me go damn.

jediyoshi

Pretty awesome (if not really random) mashup of the first OP with Team Fortress 2:

http://youtu.be/zKAX67kqa78

Aw, was expecting someone to have gone and made use of this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176040684

AiOzfZd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom