• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so confused by this episode.

What is
Annie's
motive? I'll just watch it again I guess.

I'm guessing that the 3 intelligent titans are looking for something that's guarded by either the King or the High ranking officers of the Miltary Police.

And they can't rely on their titan forms in wall Sina since that's where the most powerful weapons, and titan killers reside.

But since ordinary people aren't allowed to just waltz into Sina, they're using the hysteria of the Titan invasion as a cover to allow them to move closer and closer to the centre.

This episode was ace.

I really liked the confrontation at the end. Especially how as the conversation progressed you could tell the tension was rising. Very well done.

Next episode is going to be even better for sure.

Any news on what´s gonna happen after the 25th episode? Will there be a second season and if so when?

Only thing we got, is the producer said he'd like to make a second season, the anime still has some material to draw from the manga, reportedly enough for a half season[13 eps] so far, and the manga is still ongoing so it might begin again after a haitus.
I'm wondering if the recent success of the anime may trigger them to push the manga to go from a monthly series to a weekly one. [although that's a ridiculous longshot and might damage the quality of the story.
Right now, I'm feeling they pushed for an anime too early. If they waited a year first, there wouldn't be a problem, atleast not until season 3. Now it feels like it may fizzle out before it even makes a point like HOTD.

LiK

seems like a no-brainer to do a second season. story is far from over and it's popular isn't it? their merch sells out so fast from what i've seen.

seems like a no-brainer to do a second season. story is far from over and it's popular isn't it? their merch sells out so fast from what i've seen.

Yeah, but, there's no material to draw from because it's not written yet. The manga releases are very slow, at a month at a time. The anime has almost caught up to it already.

Flai

Oh man oh man oh man oh man... I just discovered that the manga's are available in the internet and I couldn't resist so I read the three next parts after the last anime episode. Oh man oh man oh man :| Some epic shit is happening. Can't fucking resist, I'll just read all the chapters RIGHT NOW. OHMYGODWHATISHAPPENINGINTHIS :|| Oh my god :|

I must say though, that the stuff until the end of this season of anime will be probably 10x more awesome in anime than in the manga (even though the manga is super-awesome!), so don't be as weak as me :p

LiK

Yeah, but, there's no material to draw from because it's not written yet. The manga releases are very slow, at a month at a time. The anime has almost caught up to it already.

what, really? i thought there was a lot more material to go. they should just hire the Manga-ka and make him a full time storyboard artist and writer. I mean, his manga is basically storyboard material to me, heh.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

I started reading the manga a few weeks ago and then faced the fear of having to wait for it on a weekly bases which is the situation I had with the anime... thank god for Berserk and a few other mangas I've started following again. I feel by the time I cycle back to AoT, it'll be sometime next year and I would have farmed a few more chapters to add to the rotation.

what, really? i thought there was a lot more material to go. they should just hire the Manga-ka and make him a full time storyboard artist and writer. I mean, his manga is basically storyboard material to me, heh.

As awesome as that would be, it kind of undermines the whole manga industry, and the guy is rich as fuck as it is because of that (in his mid 20s no less :/ ).

Also, never-ending anime generally has much worse animation than stuff broken up into 13-26 episode seasons, with the exception of the new Hunter x Hunter for some reason.

The anime is at chapter 31 right now. It will likely end at chapter 34. The most recent chapter is 49 and it releases monthly, so we might be at 50 when the anime ends.

12 chapters a year, 30-35 chapters a a season. 15 chapters left over. Soooo.... about a year and 6 months before they have enough material for season 2?
Man screw that, someone needs to speed the manga production.
Or, maybe they can godfather II it, and stretch out the available material with the prequel plots from the light novels? That might be cool.

LiK

As awesome as that would be, it kind of undermines the whole manga industry, and the guy is rich as fuck as it is because of that (in his mid 20s no less :/ ).

Also, never-ending anime generally has much worse animation than stuff broken up into 13-26 episode seasons, with the exception of the new Hunter x Hunter for some reason.

if they have a bible work from, i wouldn't mind fillers. hell, i just want to see more of the world.

if they have a bible work from, i wouldn't mind fillers. hell, i just want to see more of the world.

... Garlic Jr Saga from DBZ was pretty decent.... then I remember bount saga from bleach and scream in horror.
But, this series is all character death in droves so far.
What's it gonna be like if Season 1- Everybody dies all the time
Season 2[filler]- no one dies ever
Season 3[cannon]- back to the blood bath
It's just going to seem lame as hell. I mean, they could just thow up dozen 'red shirts', but who isn't going to see right through that?

LiK

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd really advise against it...

... Garlic Jr Saga from DBZ was pretty decent.... then I remember bount saga from bleach and scream in horror.
But, this series is all character death in droves so far.
What's it gonna be like if Season 1- Everybody dies all the time
Season 2[filler]- no one dies ever
Season 3[cannon]- back to the blood bath
It's just going to seem lame as hell. I mean, they could just thow up dozen 'red shirts', but who isn't going to see right through that?

LOL

Filler could mean much more than the people protecting the city. They could focus on the other aspects of the city and politics. All we see is the war and not the other stuff. No offense to the Manga-ka but the way he tells the story is shit compared to the anime team.

Jigolo

based madhouse

kirblar

LOL

Filler could mean much more than the people protecting the city. They could focus on the other aspects of the city and politics. All we see is the war and not the other stuff. No offense to the Manga-ka but the way he tells the story is shit compared to the anime team.
The prequel is essentially this type of filler.

NEO0MJ

Yea, I don't mind stuff like that. Keep it away from the current main story and I'm fine with it. Just don't do it like the Naruto fillers. *barf*

I can't believe they managed to produce a continuous stream of over a hundred filler episodes. I think it really hurt the anime.

The prequel is essentially this type of filler.

It's not a survival thing at all? I was hoping for something like a Levi coming of age story, earning his hellicopter spins among swirling Survey team horror shows of brutally failed missions. Plus, you could bring out the entire elite teams personalities. I really like them.
If they could pull something like that off in filler, you can keep the cannon, lol.

kirblar

It's not a survival thing at all? I was hoping for something like a Levi coming of age story, earning his hellicopter spins among swirling ranger team horror shows of brutally failed missions. Plus, you could bring out the entire elite teams personalities. I really like them.
If they could pull something like that off in filler, you can keep the cannon, lol.
It's set 70 years in the past at the founding of the modern Military.

Akito

It's not a survival thing at all? I was hoping for something like a Levi coming of age story, earning his hellicopter spins among swirling Survey team horror shows of brutally failed missions. Plus, you could bring out the entire elite teams personalities. I really like them.
soon

Attack on Titan Spinoff Manga to Run in Aria Shōjo Magazine
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-spinoff-manga-to-run-in-aria-shojo-magazine
The preview image for the November issue of Kodansha's ARIA shōjo magazine revealed on Tuesday that the issue will premiere a new Attack on Titan spinoff manga when it ships on September 28.

Hikaru Suruga is drawing the Shingeki no Kyojin Gaiden: Kuinaki Sentaku Prologue (Attack on Titan Side Story: A Choice with No Regrets Prologue) manga, and Nitroplus writer Gan Sunaaku (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) is in charge of the manga's scripts. Sunaaku is also penning one of the Nitroplus visual novels that will ship with the sixth Blu-ray Disc volume of the Attack on Titan television anime series. The visual novel will be titled Kuinaki Sentaku [Yokoku] (A Choice With No Regrets: Preview) and will center on Levi and Erwin's past.

ARIA's preview image for the new manga also features a silhouette of Levi, and the tagline notes: "How will a thug from the royal capital be able to walk forward alongside humanity's strongest!?"

Roubjon

Wow, episode 23 was really solid. I loved the way they handled everything and judging by the preview shit is about to go down in the next one.

Tsundere

Banned
EH68zBO.jpg

Bad.Ass

Mai waifu.

Please make a figure like that!

Alucrid

Banned
I got to the end of the episode only to wonder where the hell those 20 mins went. Can' wait til next week.

That one fat dude who bounced and roll off that roof was dope. Someone should make that a bailout.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Someone recommended Fafner earlier. Will give that a try after I finish Shin Sekai Yori.

SSY was kind of boring to me and I stopped after 2 eps. Fafner is like AoT where it's actually interesting and grabs you right away

I got to the end of the episode only to wonder where the hell those 20 mins went. Can' wait til next week.

That one fat dude who bounced and roll off that roof was dope. Someone should make that a bailout.gif

I laughed my ass off at that part.
So nimble for such a big dude.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 23

That was pretty good. I actually liked the added scene; it wasn't subtle, but I thought it did a better job of developing Annie's character than the similar scene in the manga, where she just had a casual conversation with Marlowe.
The laugh and parkour chef were pretty silly Araki embellishments, though. Annie's smile in the manga was more effective, especially with how similar it looked to the female titan's smile. That parallel was lost with the laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom