• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

I hope the US Blu will be priced fairly. Can't stand the overpriced sets in Japan.

if i recall right it's funimaiton that has the rights... so the series will be released likely in two dvd/blu ray combo parts that will cost $70 per part (though that will be misleading as sites like right stuff and amazon will have them for 40% off before they even release, so it will be more like $40 per part as the come out) (for example Michiko & Hatchin: is 41 on right stuff, and 30 on amazon for a preorder despite retail price being 70)

after the second part has been out for a year or two they will release a compelte series release for the price of one part so 40-60 or so.

a year or two after that will likely be a classics release for like $30.

Articalys

EDIT: If there're two volumes to go and they only use 104th battallion characters, I'd guess they'll be mirroring the S2 ending with
Krista+Ymir (with random Sasha, I guess), and Annie, Reiner and his buddy for the other one
There will be nine volumes in total; I guess they only have six listed on the site at the moment since those are the only ones they've announced the bonuses for so far.

DrFurbs

Slighty off topic - but since I watched all AOT episodes and hanker for more...is there any other modern shows like this where humans are pushed to the brink and then start pushing back?

Cwarrior

fh380.gif

Why did they add blushing/red lines, I don't remember her blushing in the manga at all.

shira

Just got into this... wish I had found out about it in two weeks rather than a few days ago. OUT OF EPISODES!

I wonder... how soon were we supposed to realize (EP 23)
it was Annie? When the scene opens on her, I think that's the immediate thought in viewers' heads. Could we have guessed it sooner?

I'm sure this is in the thread somewhere already but...

Q7BcztI.gif

edited with spoiler tags, sorry!

WTF Mikasa sticks her dick in his mouth?

Slighty off topic - but since I watched all AOT episodes and hanker for more...is there any other modern shows like this where humans are pushed to the brink and then start pushing back?
Evangelion!

Although beside the similar premise, it has about as much in common with Titan as the Free! swimming anime does.

DarkKyo

It's a bit older now but if you haven't seen The Second Renaissance episodes of the Animatrix... that's what came to mind at first, at least.

The current arc of Hunter x Hunter kind of qualifies, but it's probably not what you're looking for.

Muv-luv Alternative may also count, but I didn't watch past the first three episodes since those are apparently the most similar to AoT.

Madoka Magica and Bokurano might count, but they're more about despair than actually fighting back effectively.

zulux21

I personally think Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is likely the closest modern one you will find. It's not quite to the brink (though attack on titan isn't quite to the brink either to me. just replace walls with underground tunnels and the starting set up is very close... humans living in a small space due to an outside threat) the big difference is the monster attacking man kind is actually intelligent (and not everyone knows they exist), and the show focuses on over the top action instead of the tense situations (aka the overall feeling of the show is very different, but the theme of mankind fighting back to reclaim the land is there).

Hey random question, but anybody else a fan of Connie?
I don't know, why, but I decided to root for this dude really early on.
Have no idea why.

getittogether.jpg

I pretty much appreciate the whole cast though.

TheOGB

Banned
Was up all night watching this show on my phone. Goddamn, what a series, and I'm only up to Episode 12. Such a feeling of despair and hopelessness up until now. Even when they succeeded there was pervasive that feeling of futility, that they were only evading death for a mere moment longer. I was rooting for anyone and everyone, just to see someone succeed or come out alive (even Jean when he was being a dick early on). Needless to say, the first few episodes were tough. :p I hated them for making me learn people's names just for them to die immediately (R.I.P. Thomas, I never knew ye).

But yeah... it's amazing so far. Edit: And I forgot to mention, but holy shit this soundtrack is astounding. Every bit of music I've heard so far is so spot on, and just sounds excellent. I'm loving it!

I'm sure this is in the thread somewhere already but...

Q7BcztI.gif
I immediately thought of this when I saw that (unfortunately)

kirblar

I think for the first time I actually underestimated the intelligence of an anime character...that set up was amazing
A big part of the reason flashbacks are being used in order to keep the audience from getting too far out in front of the characters. It keeps the author from having to make the characters repeatedly do stupid things in service of the plot.

I think for the first time I actually underestimated the intelligence of an anime character...that set up was amazing

Yeah, I was hoping[not expecting] they were even suspecting
her
, but they had their shit together 100%.
But I wonder if the reason
it was obvious she was the titan was because there were clues, or just blond hair lol.

How can you say this when Bertholdt exists? All he does is sweat.

On that note, what's the red head's[not potato girl] name? I don't think she's had a word of dialogue since the training baracks.
I can only suspect all these characters are here to just be killed horribly in season 2 at this point.

On that note, what's the red head's[not potato girl] name? I don't think she's had a word of dialogue since the training baracks.
I can only suspect all these characters are here to just be killed horribly in season 2 at this point.

Only redhead I can think of is Petra. Or is that more brownish-orange?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Is it true that season 2 isn't a given? That's why i should keep my oath of just watching shows that are already completed...

Kinyou

She had that small encounter at the beginning of the expedition

443nsizq.gif

edit:eek:h, not the potato girl

tensuke

Who doesn't love the Parkour Baker?

ibeFbPcl2UfBcw.gif

Hahaha, that's amazing.

But I wonder if the reason
it was obvious she was the titan was because there were clues, or just blond hair lol.
Definitely the clues. Armin deduced that the reason the titans stopped at Trost was because something in their plan changed, namely that they found out Eren could become a titan. At the time of the stop, the only ones who knew were the ones on that rooftop when Eren first came out of the titan body. And they were Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Bertolt, Reiner, and Annie. So one of them was a titan spy. And of course, one of them happened to be a female with blond hair, who wasn't accounted for during the survey corps mission (because she was with the military police), which happened to be Annie.

It keeps the author from having to make the characters repeatedly do stupid things in service of the plot.
But Eren is still a character...explain that!

Articalys

Any word on a US Blu-Ray release?
Funimation is still targeting sometime in 2014, and the last Blu-ray volume in Japan gets released in March 2014. I'd guess anywhere in the October-December 2014 range for the first U.S. release at this point, though things can always change.

Hahaha, that's amazing.

Definitely the clues. Armin deduced that the reason the titans stopped at Trost was because something in their plan changed, namely that they found out Eren could become a titan. At the time of the stop, the only ones who knew were the ones on that rooftop when Eren first came out of the titan body. And they were Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Bertolt, Reiner, and Annie. So one of them was a titan spy. And of course, one of them happened to be a female with blond hair, who wasn't accounted for during the survey corps mission (because she was with the military police), which happened to be Annie.

I still feel like,
if she was a brunette, I would have at least been a little unsure though. But they said, it's one of us, and the question inevitably becomes so who's the one blond chick on the entire show? lol.

That's potato girl's name. I looked it up, her name's Ymir.
I got a major spoiler for my trouble, so I'd reccomend the rest of you not.
Reminds me of a friend who went to look up the name of the wife on Dexter before the end of the fourth season, and google autocompleted his search to "Dexter's wife --
dies/why did she die/killed by Trinity
"

He didn't even make it to the actual search results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom