• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Holy shit at this episode.
FemTitan's identity was kind of an un-reveal by now, but I liked how they handled it. Armin going all eidetic memory about Annie's 3DMG being Marco's, and Mikasa losing her cool were both awesome moments, as weas Annie's reaction and her contingency plan for being restrained. Even if her deranged smile didn't look like a titan's in the anime as compared to the manga picture that was posted here, I felt like it still fulfilled its intended purpose.

It makes sense they wanted to lead her underground and she refused, because she'd be unable to transform in there, and even if they fought with their weapons alone Annie would've been at a severe disadvantage; then again, she also donned her clawed ring, which makes it seem like she was expecting such a thing

The Military Police corruption thing was a bit too blatant for my taste... so there were a bunch of civilians nearby as two MP soldiers illegally sold gear to merchants and abused their position of power to beat up a lower-ranked solider with a more righteous sense of justice, all while nobody seemed to care? It'd be nice if these characters popped up again, because it'd be a bit of a cop-out if they were just added to have an Eren proxy that'd allow Annie to talk about the whole making the weak feel human thing.

Regarding the pacing, I think it's true that the show slows down at times, but I always liked the worldbuilding and character development that was fit in between more action-oriented scenes, even if the later episodes of the Trost arc were a bit too slow in terms of what actually happened in them.

After thinking about it for a while, I don't think I'll be reading the manga at all even if they confirm a year-long delay for the next anime season or whatever, as I like the flow of watching anime a lot more than what I get from reading manga. Even if it takes a long while for the next season to air, I'll just have other stuff to do, I guess.

FluxWaveZ

Wait, did I misunderstand something? I thought that all of the Recon Corps. was in on the plan, right? So then what was the purpose of
Jean being disguised as Eren to take his place?

Might need to watch the episode again to get things straight.

Wait, did I misunderstand something? I thought that all of the Recon Corps. was in on the plan, right? So then what was the purpose of
Jean being disguised as Eren to take his place?

Might need to watch the episode again to get things straight.

Because
they needed to deceive the military police which is why Jean is pretending to be Eren. Military Police are not the scouting legion. The "evidence" they're trying to obtain is that titan shifters have infiltrated the walls IE Annie

Dresden

The
CORRUPTION
stuff was pretty overblown, as is usually the case when the series isn't dealing with people dying or screaming, but I thought the
walk and following conversation with Annie
was handled reasonably well.

Jean is so handsome. Heh.

Collete

Damn, someone put a ton of effort into that. Love MADs like these.

Yeah I seen another Nichijou crossover of AoT and it was just down right copy and pasting scenes with little editting.

And I shall continue to dig through Youtube for more gems like this haha.

Now if only Mikasa would look at him . . .

It seems like this will never happen unfortunately :(
He hasn't really made a move on her or advancement since like episode 3/4.

Sami+

... Fuck it, I can't do this anymore. I'm reading the manga.

Good ep but damn it I can not wait two more weeks to see this through I need to know what happens.

I was so close, too. :'C

Sinistral

I haven't read the manga, or participated in the discussion of the anime so I'm pretty far removed. But, when they started talking about the corrupted government and showing the skewed Military Police, I was really digging it. Just read those scenes were made up but... I started feeling sympathetic for Annie, and Marlow. I got really curious to find the Female Titan in tears after losing Eren.

Given the power to change a caste system, would you not take that chance? Then Annie went all euphoric with the reveal. Destroying that sympathy. Clearly there is no noble motive to her power and where it came from now.

We know just a little more about the Top Level Government than we do about the Titans. /shrug

My dear god. That episode was great. I mean,
Annie's face at the end was fucking creepy. I just love that gal. She's the kind of wicked girl I would date (now I'm being creepy lol)

Shit just got real. I want to know what happens next, but I don't want to read the manga. Not my style, to be honest.

sohois

I'm surprised they got through the events of this episode so quickly, I was expecting them to stretch it out over more episodes before the big reveal.
Annie is surely fucked at this point, right? Presumably Levi is hanging around somewhere, Mikasa is right there, plus all the other survey corps guys and the military police, not to mention Eren himself. I imagine she'll get taken down next episode, the preview being weird kind of confirms that for me. It'll probably come down to Eren having to defeat her in the end though, if she keeps using her bullshit diamond skin power.

kirblar

I'm surprised they got through the events of this episode so quickly, I was expecting them to stretch it out over more episodes before the big reveal.
Annie is surely fucked at this point, right? Presumably Levi is hanging around somewhere, Mikasa is right there, plus all the other survey corps guys and the military police, not to mention Eren himself. I imagine she'll get taken down next episode, the preview being weird kind of confirms that for me. It'll probably come down to Eren having to defeat her in the end though, if she keeps using her bullshit diamond skin power.
I loved the way this chapter/episode was structured - it was totally designed to subvert audience expectations.

Natiko

Banned
Just curious for those who might know - how much of the manga has the anime been covering so far? Mainly wondering if they're covering a lot of ground or if this could be an anime that sticks around for awhile.

Erigu

Just curious for those who might know - how much of the manga has the anime been covering so far?
This week's episode was the beginning of volume 8.
(There are 11 volumes out, and almost enough material for a 12th.)

Mainly wondering if they're covering a lot of ground or if this could be an anime that sticks around for awhile.
The show is almost over. 2 or 3 episodes left?
It's pretty much a given that they'll adapt more of the comics with another TV series at some point, but when exactly, that's another matter...

kirblar

Just curious for those who might know - how much of the manga has the anime been covering so far? Mainly wondering if they're covering a lot of ground or if this could be an anime that sticks around for awhile.
Each 13 episodes covers roughly 16-18 Chapters. We're only on Chapter 49 in the Manga. (It's a monthly series) Luckily, there's a prequel series (based on pre-existing light novels) that should help keep the series a yearly event for a while.

Erigu

Luckily, there's a prequel series (based on pre-existing light novels) that should help keep the series a yearly event for a while.
Well, they haven't said anything about animating that one, I believe. But I guess that's a possibility, sure.

kirblar

Well, they haven't said anything about animating that one, I believe. But I guess that's a possibility, sure.
Otherwise they're going 1.5-2 years between series, and I don't see that as a viable option. They'd just be leaving money on the table.

Each 13 episodes covers roughly 16-18 Chapters. We're only on Chapter 49 in the Manga. (It's a monthly series) Luckily, there's a prequel series (based on pre-existing light novels) that should help keep the series a yearly event for a while.

What the... man they have to step up production. Is there a danger of the anime lapping the manga? I'd hate to run into a FMA/FMAB situation. Or the worst, the anime coming to an abrupt end.

mugwhump

This show's been on a roll since episode 21, another great ep.
I liked the few MP characters introduced, hope we get to see more of them.

Mixed feelings about the added content. The corruption scene was kind of nice in that it gave a bit more screentime to Marlow, but fuck, it was so overdone. The anime writers are real drama queens. On the other hand, I really liked Annie's new reaction to being found out. The smile in the manga was good and creepy, but the laughter and blushing was just something else, and the delivery was perfect. I got chills.

He makes for a better Eren than Eren, really. Now if only Mikasa would look at him . . .

Go to bed Jean

kirblar

What the... man they have to step up production. Is there a danger of the anime lapping the manga? I'd hate to run into a FMA/FMAB situation. Or the worst, the anime coming to an abrupt end.
The way the series is structured really just makes this more of a "GoT/Bleach" situation.

They pretty much have to go at the pace they're going since the only good stopping point isn't very far away. After that, we'll have to wait a bit.

The way the series is structured really just makes this more of a "GoT/Bleach" situation.

Yeah, but you know how popular Jojo and Berserk are, and what happened to their anime runs.
For me personally, Attack on Titan seems like it's only just getting started, I think it needs at least one more season before a hiatus. I know I'd feel ripped off if I didn't get that.

kirblar

Yeah, but you know how popular Jojo and Berserk are, and what happened to their anime runs.
For me personally, Attack on Titan seems like it's only just getting started, I think it needs at least one more season before a hiatus. I know I'd feel ripped off if I didn't get that.
It won't be a hiatus, just more of a "it comes out when its ready" situation, I think.

A shorter series, perhaps. Finding a good stopping point might be a bit of a problem though.
And of course, they'd have to replace their dead animators with fresh ones first!

Who wants that?

Ahh come on. There's examples of good filler out there. Besides, so far, when anyone's pointed out filler for this show, it's been some of my favorite moments.
Anyways, I guess I could be sattisfied with 39 eps before a hiatus, if that's what's happening.

mugwhump

Ahh come on. There's examples of good filler out there. Besides, so far, when anyone's pointed out filler for this show, it's been some of my favorite moments.
Anyways, I guess I could be sattisfied with 39 eps before a hiatus, if that's what's happening.

Even if they do another 13 eps as soon as possible, we probably won't see it until next summer at the earliest.

Are there really only a couple episodes left? :(

I believe there are three episodes left, and the last one is supposed to be a little longer than normal.
Though it's speculation, Attack on Titan is really blowing up right now, got a game and everything, and good western numbers too from the sound of it.
I think we can presume they'll do everything in their power to keep the ball rolling.
So, maybe?
Sorry, that's the best we can do. I found an interview with the producer Wada where he says he'd love to do a season 2, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom