• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolkir

Well they did skip over like, most of 2-3 years of training. They probably got to know each other during those times. Annie was probably distant and unsociable but they probably still did their training together and the others felt they could trust her just like anyone else in the 104th. Like how Armin and Marco have like, no time together but suddenly Armin knows his gear well enough to tell it apart from all the others by its scratches. We just have to assume during their time training that wasn't shown they did stuff soldiers training together would do.

Ok, we're going to make up the plot.

This one is better.
Maybe, Annie and Eren were lovers and they had a kitty. One day, Annie had sex with Eren and she got the powers. Eren is shocked because he don't want to believe that he has titan sperms.

The kitty
g63DWJ8.jpg

This show had some ups and downs, but it's getting into my top ten list for best animes this year.

So true.....the quality isn't always consistent, but the highs are some of the best highs I've ever seen in any anime ever. It's full of some truly spectacular moments.

I'm really pumped for the finale next week. I just know they’re going to go all out, especially since it's showing in theatres in Japan. Hopefully they'll top episode 21.

Zomba13

Ok, we're going to make up the plot.

This one is better.
Maybe, Annie and Eren were lovers and they had a kitty. One day, Annie had sex with Eren and she got the powers. Eren is shocked because he don't want to believe that he has titan sperms.

The kitty

Really? It's making up plot to assume that characters who supposedly trained very harshly together for three years have no reason to care about each other? They were still trainees together and fellow soldiers and fellow humans. Is it really 'making up the plot'? We know from what we've seen that they have trained together, we know they were both in the traning camp and the same class. We know they both know each other with Annie at least knowing Eren enough to think him an idiot and specifically reference him to the MP squadmates. Is it that much of a leap in logic to assume he would hesitate killing a fellow trainee who is a human in the same military organisation that is supposed to be protecting humans? Eren is supposed to just be 100% on board with her being an enemy?
Yeah, he's a soldier and needs to follow orders but has already show difficulty in following them over doing what he thinks is right.

Unless I'm just reading into what we know rather than just taking what we see as all that happens. I guess by your logic then they all should suck ass at doing their jobs because we barely got to see them get as good as they are with the 3D gear etc? All we saw is them using the training harness and then next thing they are masters at it. Too confusing for me...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its the first time they asked Eren to kill a human. It doesn't fit in his whole killalltitans mission statement.

Yeah, there were gonna be hangups. This was it. And it wasn't even a whole arc about it. What more do people want? lol

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Its the first time they asked Eren to kill a human. It doesn't fit in his whole killalltitans mission statement.

Yeah, there were gonna be hangups. This was it. And it wasn't even a whole arc about it. What more do people want? lol

As others noted earlier, the manga makes it more apparent why he'd have a comradery with Annie. I can see why people would be a bit huh about the happenings in this ep.

Heyt

Banned
Did they pulled the tunnel secuence out of their ass or it's the source material so inconsistant?

I mean they head into the tunel because "Annie could not use her powers inside because there is no room enough" but Annie can effortlessly prierce the tunner with her feet. Right after they ask eren to transform... but wasn't that suposed to be imposible? If it wasn't, it would have destroyed the gound beneath Annie leaving Eren on a much lower ground and his friends under the falling rocks form the tunnel ceiling.

I mean it's so stupidly confusing I dont even...!

K' Dash

So, does it count as a manga spoiler if it was cut and replaced in the anime?

Manga spoiler for ep 24:

They dodn't show the church scene, how the fuck are they going to, you know, do the scene with the priest later, if he didn't appear, they are going to just randomly make him go talk to Hanji?

Nibel

Did they pulled the tunnel secuence out of their ass or it's the source material so inconsistant?

I mean they head into the tunel because "Annie could not use her powers inside because there is no room enough" but Annie can effortlessly prierce the tunner with her feet. Right after they ask eren to transform... but wasn't that suposed to be imposible? If it wasn't, it would have destroyed the gound beneath Annie leaving Eren on a much lower ground and his friends under the falling rocks form the tunnel ceiling.

Dude, they had like two or three backup plans if anything goes wrong - I mean this is evidence enough that nobody of them really knows how powerful she is

If you've watched all the earlier episodes, then you'd noticed that almost every plan fails because the humans always underestimate the titans - they still don't know enough about them

Heyt

Banned
Dude, they had like two or three backup plans if anything goes wrong - I mean this is evidence enough that nobody of them really knows how powerful she is

If you've watched all the earlier episodes, then you'd noticed that almost every plan fails because the humans always underestimate the titans - they still don't know enough about them

You have a point there, I missed that perspective.

DY_nasty

Effortlessly? She's get plenty of room to wind up for a stomp above ground.

I also assumed that the tunnels ran much deeper than they went.

That too.

tolkir

Really? It's making up plot to assume that characters who supposedly trained very harshly together for three years have no reason to care about each other? They were still trainees together and fellow soldiers and fellow humans. Is it really 'making up the plot'? We know from what we've seen that they have trained together, we know they were both in the traning camp and the same class. We know they both know each other with Annie at least knowing Eren enough to think him an idiot and specifically reference him to the MP squadmates. Is it that much of a leap in logic to assume he would hesitate killing a fellow trainee who is a human in the same military organisation that is supposed to be protecting humans? Eren is supposed to just be 100% on board with her being an enemy?
Yeah, he's a soldier and needs to follow orders but has already show difficulty in following them over doing what he thinks is right.

Unless I'm just reading into what we know rather than just taking what we see as all that happens. I guess by your logic then they all should suck ass at doing their jobs because we barely got to see them get as good as they are with the 3D gear etc? All we saw is them using the training harness and then next thing they are masters at it. Too confusing for me...

Of course, they must care each other after 3 years training. But, if one of them start to kill to the rest, why is so difficult to understand that she is dangerous and don't try to stop her? Why does he stay crying while she continues killing more friends?
Doesn't he care the other friends or Annie is special? While he cries, Mikasa or Armin could die.

Sorry, but I don't understand the most of behaviours in this anime.

DY_nasty

Of course, they must care each other after 3 years training. But, if one of them start to kill to the rest, why is so difficult to understand that she is dangerous and don't try to stop her? Why does he stay crying while she continues killing more friends?
Doesn't he care the other friends or Annie is special? While he cries, Mikasa or Armin could die.

Sorry, but I don't understand the most of behaviours in this anime.

And everyone is pissed except the guy that's placed 100% of his hate in Titans - not Humans. And he wasn't even full convinced that she was guilty especially since it was stated, clearly, that there wasn't enough proof.

Especially when all the events that occurred outside the wall didn't even occur a full 48 hours prior.

DY_nasty

Didn't mention this yet, but goddamn the slow-mo replay on what fucked up Eren back in the forest.

I thought all this time that he caught a backhand or something but dat kick

jesus

Pwn

Man, I prefer some N
T
R actions between E
ren
and A
nine
over E
ren
's mentally
cheating
. It would be more dramatic.

redhood56

Banned
Thanks for clearing that up, now I am super excited for attack on titan past next episode. Since a live action movie is in the works, I am interested to see how they can pull that off.
EDIT:Deleted the quote

Nibel

Why does this dude DXLelouch153 always talk about the fucking manga?!

At least spoiler-tag that shit and tell people it's a manga spoiler!

FluxWaveZ

Why does this dude DXLelouch153 always talk about the fucking manga?!

At least spoiler-tag that shit and tell people it's a manga spoiler!

Put him on my ignore list immediately after the first offense since it was obvious he was gonna be a problem.

fallagin

This show is so crazy. It is pretty easy to see the inspiration from evangelion here and know that all this shit will not end well.

Necrovex

At least there's only 1 episode left.

After that episode, I'll be blasting through the manga (then I'll have to wait on a monthly basis rather than on a weekly basis).

I don't understand, it was something that happened in a chapter that has already been adapted and I even clarify that it's a manga spoiler incase anyone wants to read it from the beginning.

You're not supposed to have *any* manga stuff in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom