• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand, it was something that happ
ened in a chapter that has already been adapted and I even clarify that it's a manga spoiler incase anyone wants to read it from the beginning.

Look at the thread title, it specifically says no manga spoilers. I don't care what's your fucking intent you are intentionally breaking thread rules and are unapologetic for it.

Blusby

In that case I'll delete it, still no need for anyone to write such harsh things, how about showing some restraint?
Anyways, this ep (24)
really showed WIT's budget in full force, those scenes with Mikasa flying around where nothing short of great

kirblar

June's post, if I remember correctly, wasn't a spoiler. It was just a minor adaptation choice made about material long since past. (It's been getting discussed this week in context of how annoying Eren is in this episode.) Delouche is the one who's been just randomly spoiling upcoming things randomly.

Nibel

Nobody wants any hints about the future development of the anime by people who've read the manga; I mean, if anybody really wants to know anything about this, then use the PM function or something else

It's hell of annoying every time you read through the reactions of a episode you always encounter at least one post hinting at future developments in the most obvious way. I mean, good for you that you read the manga, and the fact that you even watch the anime means you really enjoy the whole thing, but don't throw those things in our face - many people, me included, don't want to read the manga because we enjoy the show despite some of its shortcomings

I mean, if you want to discuss a anime episode in context of a manga chapter, then use the manga spoiler thread - it's even linked in the OP and a much better place for some guys here since they can't post a thing without hinting/talking about the manga

Blusby

I can very well say that it wouldn't be hinting at any future developments in any way as anyone who's up to date with the show has been far past the point of it, if it wasn't made clear in my post before I edited it.
One thing I liked about ep 24 was
Eren showing hesitation over attacking Annie as he's conflicted between avenging his friends and taking it out on a previous friend of his, only makes the conclusion all the more satisfying when he reaches a decision, doing what must be done.

After that episode, I'll be blasting through the manga (then I'll have to wait on a monthly basis rather than on a weekly basis).

You're not supposed to have *any* manga stuff in here.

Doesn't the thread title and OP say no manga spoilers? If he's just comparing how something was handled differently in the manga and anime, already since adapted, then whats the big deal?

Dresden

Hey comrades, instead of quoting the spoilers and further ruining it for others, or shitting up the thread with backseat modding bullshit, just do this next time:

If you feel someone has spoiled the manga, but aren't sure, it'd probably be a better idea to pm Dresden, Duckroll, or Kagari, instead of mentioning it in the thread.

Please.

That was not my intention when I wrote the post, sorry for that

BTW, was there any still images in this episode? They really seem to have stepped their game up since Trost

No but there were several flash backs through the episode which may or may not be better depending on your view.

Necrovex

Doesn't the thread title and OP say no manga spoilers? If he's just comparing how something was handled differently in the manga and anime, already since adapted, then whats the big deal?

I don't see it as too much of a big deal, however seeing a thread filled with black bars isn't a fun time. Plus if people start tossing manga stuff in this thread, people may become a tad *too* loose with talking about the manga. That's my fear anyway.

Edit: The definition of a spoiler varies on a case-by-case basis.

Cut a couple scenes together. POW! Right in the kisser.

iKs1Wo1VxpBkb.gif

Nibel

I wonder what the citizens will think when they see two Titans fighting against each other in front of their eyes

Oh, and seeing that military police doing NOTHING against her at all just shows how unprepared the people who live in the center of human territory are against Titans

Nibel

What the hell? Saw this pic from the 3DS AoT game thread.

jpf267g.jpg

Eren's last name is Yeager, not Jaeger?

Isn't that his Japanese name? I think it's Jaeger in English and Eren Yeager (エレン・イェーガー Eren Yēgā?) in Japanese (looked that up of course)

That game will probably never see the light of day in Western countries

Titan Annie sure is tough, Eren's constantly hurting himself and getting his body parts kicked/punched off and here's Annie taking a full force punch in the face with only a little smoke to show for it.

Irminsul

Wouldn't Yeager be his official romanization though?

Would you get "Ackerman" and "Arlert" through romanization, though?

On Topic:

I'm usually not a big anime fan, but that stuff is really great. Even though in some of the middle episodes there wasn't much happening at all, the other episodes made up for that. Can't wait for the finale (and then on to months or years of suffering and waiting...).

dan2026

Yeah, considering all the difficulties with production they've had, I doubt it'll be anything substantial.

They have been doing a lot of clean up work for the Blu-ray releases though.

So who knows how much time they have put into the finale.

Also I really, really hope they wait at least half a year before beginning production on the 2nd season.
They aren't far, all things considered from where the manga is.

Articalys

For what it's worth, the American release of the manga from Kodansha and Funimation's anime subtitles both use "Yeager". Only Crunchyroll's subtitles seem to use "Jaeger".

They have been doing a lot of clean up work for the Blu-ray releases though.

So who knows how much time they have put into the finale.

Also I really, really hope they wait at least half a year before beginning production on the 2nd season.
They aren't far, all things considered from where the manga is.

Its probably going to be at least a year if not longer before another season.

kirblar

For what it's worth, the American release of the manga from Kodansha and Funimation's anime subtitles both use "Yeager". Only Crunchyroll's subtitles seem to use "Jaeger".
Due to its cultural history with Germany, the japanese language has a lot of stolen German words. It's why you see it referenced so much (Bleach, Monster, Attack on Titan, etc.) Yaeger is "Jaeger" converted from German to Japanese to English instead of just going German->English.

Dali

Holy shit eren really outdid himself with his entry for most annoying protagonist you'd like to kick in the dick if they were real award. Shinji from Eva was a lock for it but eren is really giving him some comp this episode.

88random

I really think you don't know what filler means, zdravkelja

Filler is something which doesn't exist in the original source (manga). It can be used to enlogate an episode or a season. That's how I interpret it. This episode would be the end of season if there wasn't one. Not that I complain, this filler was ok. Except for making Eren more annoying than it should.

So many dangling threads that this show never came back to... Remember the Colossal and Armored titans? And remember Eren's dad's basement?

Unless somehow Annie calls in both Colossal and Armored titans in to help her next episode which I doubt.

Holy shit eren really outdid himself with his entry for most annoying protagonist you'd like to kick in the dick if they were real award. Shinji from Eva was a lock for it but eren is really giving him some comp this episode.
Yeah Eren definitely took a turn for Shinji territory with his reluctance to turn into a Titan.. That kind of shit has been a staple of mecha shows since the original Mobile Suit Gundam though, it's basically a trope at this point.

CronoShot

So many dangling threads that this show never came back to... Remember the Colossal and Armored titans? And remember Eren's dad's basement?

Unless somehow Annie calls in both Colossal and Armored titans in to help her next episode which I doubt.

The manga is still ongoing, and is only once arc ahead of the anime. We probably won't see it animated for some time.

This isn't an original work. It's an adaptation of a manga that is still going. Those questions will be answered, though maybe not in animated form.

For people annoyed with Eren this episode I'd encourage you to read the Manga chapter this was adapted from. Gives off a completely different impression compared to this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom