• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one, very specific way to kill them.

Enough bullets will do it. Or a rocket launcher.

Also fucking wow. My anime club is apparently not voting to keep this show on our roster in favor of other (good but less awesome) shows. Looks like I'll have to masturbate to enjoy this show alone.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Also fucking wow. My anime club is apparently not voting to keep this show on our roster in favor of other (good but less awesome) shows. Looks like I'll have to masturbate to enjoy this show alone.

Your anime club sucks.

How do you think us modern day humans would go fighting Titans?

Surely tanks, missiles, helicopters, heavy machine guns etc.... would take them down pretty easy right?

In the end I think so but kind of like with zombies, it's the numbers they swarm at you with. Also something that hasn't been disclosed in the anime quite yet so I'll tag it -
they'd just regenerate most small arms/artillery damage we could do. So anything but the heavy duty bombs would only buy us time.

Your anime club sucks.

To be fair, we only have time for ~4-5 shows at meetings.

Our current roster is looking to be:

Chihayafuru
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Suisei no Gargantia

and then I think it is a close tie between this show, Karneval, and Ergo Proxy. It has a shot I hope.

In the end I think so but kind of like with zombies, it's the numbers they swarm at you with. Also something that hasn't been disclosed in the anime quite yet so I'll tag it -
they'd just regenerate most small arms/artillery damage we could do. So anything but the heavy duty bombs would only buy us time.

Eh. Response to undisclosed information
They mention that cannons can kill them a small % of the time. That is likely when the cannon damages the weak point. Rocket launchers, bombs, explosives, and enough bullets would all do the trick if aimed at the right spot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
To be fair, we only have time for ~4-5 shows at meetings.

Our current roster is looking to be:

Chihayafuru
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Suisei no Gargantia

and then I think it is a close tie between this show, Karneval, and Ergo Proxy. It has a shot I hope.

Well, at least two of those on that list are okay.

Don't worry, that's only in the next season if they make one.

*pisses on manga*

I still don't understand why you genuinely hate this series with a huge passion? Why would you piss on it?

Surely tanks, missiles, helicopters, heavy machine guns etc.... would take them down pretty easy right?

Probably. These people weren't very advanced. Pre-WW1 technology. But, modern day tech would probably be enough. Ground infantry would be slaughtered. I don't think machine guns would work too well, maybe slow them down. But, there could be thousands of those guys.

Kiryu

I saw the 2nd episode. It was really great to see that new kind of Titans (Charging Muscled Titans). I really love the beginning so far! I never read the manga before.

I want to say one thing... They should have made "Attack on Titans" 40-45 minute long. I am now waiting for 2 episodes to come out. It's wise for me to get into the story more than just see one episode a week.
Let's say... This is like a movie to me. I just can't stop the movie in first part of it. I have to watch them all to know my feelings toward those characters or the story. It's weird for me to wait for a week to see another little part of the movie. It's wise for me to wait for 2 weeks or... whole month?

Soriku

I saw the 2nd episode. It was really great to see that new kind of Titans (Charging Muscled Titans). I really love the beginning so far! I never read the manga before.

I want to say one thing... They should have made "Attack on Titans" 40-45 minute long. I am now waiting for 2 episodes to come out. It's wise for me to get into the story more than just see one episode a week.
Let's say... This is like a movie to me. I just can't stop the movie in first part of it. I have to watch them all to know my feelings toward those characters or the story. It's weird for me to wait for a week to see another little part of the movie. It's wise for me to wait for 2 weeks or... whole month?

Just wait until it's over and marathon it...if you can.

Also I don't see what's so offensive about Eren. He yells a lot because he wants to change things. OK?

Proelite

Pretty sure even the shittiest army in the world can make short work of them.

duckroll

I dunno why people are so convinced that a modern army could easily dispatch the Titans. Just looking at modern zombie fiction indicates that all modern weaponry and military strength is useless when faced with a fictional threat created by an author determined to overrun humanity with it. :p

Probably. These people weren't very advanced. Pre-WW1 technology. But, modern day tech would probably be enough. Ground infantry would be slaughtered. I don't think machine guns would work too well, maybe slow them down. But, there could be thousands of those guys.

I wonder if a Titan could rip open a tank?

Assuming titans are not synthetics, wouldnt in the modern day a biotoxin fatal for them be the solution. Though I dont know how titans would just happen to appear one day.

alekth

Guess this will be one of the anime I'll stick with this season.

But the human race isn't given enough credit. If it's something that isn't clever enough to get over a tall wall, people, even medieval people, would make short work of it. Guess they have to suffer in the interest of a plot here.

remz

Eren is okay and improves as the series goes along.

dude has some serious anger issues tho sheesh. people thinking he's a shinji type are wrong.

and fuck fighting titans with tanks. drone strikes mang

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Eren is okay and improves as the series goes along.

dude has some serious anger issues tho sheesh. people thinking he's a shinji type are wrong.

and fuck fighting titans with tanks. drone strikes mang

You would too if you were in his situation.

Eren is pretty annoying thus far
Eren is the worst protagonist ever.
dude has some serious anger issues tho sheesh.
ibceESiH88zOva.gif

7Th

I dunno why people are so convinced that a modern army could easily dispatch the Titans. Just looking at modern zombie fiction indicates that all modern weaponry and military strength is useless when faced with a fictional threat created by an author determined to overrun humanity with it. :p

Anything that can fly can easily take down the Titans. It's similar to zombies; they have a very clear "weakness" that should be relatively easy to exploit yet nobody other than the main characters does because PLOT.

sonicmj1

Eren gets a lot better once he's able to do something about problems besides rage at the world and its unfairness. And that starts very soon.

duckroll

Anything that can fly can easily take down the Titans. It's similar to zombies; they have a very clear "weakness" that should be relatively easy to exploit yet nobody other than the main characters does because PLOT.

Maybe we just haven't seen the Flying Titan yet. (lol)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

What other shows?

Just watched ep2.

I am glad they have grown up. Eren as a kid was annoying as hell. I can only hope Eren becomes a psychopathic Titan killing machine. Also that armoured Titan was just brutal lol. The human army should learn some common sense and shoot their eyes but as with most zombie apocalypse, end of humanity stories common sense flies out the window for the army and society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom