• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched ep2.

I am glad they have grown up. Eren as a kid was annoying as hell. I can only hope Eren becomes a psychopathic Titan killing machine. Also that armoured Titan was just brutal lol. The human army should learn some common sense and shoot their eyes but as with most zombie apocalypse, end of humanity stories common sense flies out the window for the army and society.

Easier said then done.

Shoot the eyes of something that is running at top speed... with a cannonball?

Damn that's a tall order.

What are the eyes protected with armour too now?

They seem to have canons and I saw guns in the opening iirc. Just aim for the eyes not while its running obviously. Guns and explosives I would think would be your best bet not swords.

Also the defences are piss poor. They could of at least built a moat around the place.

What are the eyes protected with armour too now?

They seem to have canons and I saw guns in the opening iirc. Just aim for the eyes not while its running obviously.

No the eyes aren't protected as far as we know. I'm guessing you never took up archery or sharpshooting? It is hard enough to hit a stationary target.

The thing vanished as soon as it stopped running. There is no "aim for the eyes while it isn't running."

Jex

Still better than the current OP.
Eren is okay and improves as the series goes along.

dude has some serious anger issues tho sheesh. people thinking he's a shinji type are wrong.

and fuck fighting titans with tanks. drone strikes mang

I'd watch a Girls und Panzer and Attack on Titan crossover.
Watching my mom get captured by a giant, split in half, and get chewed up like tobacco (all while smiling
) would probably make me a pretty unlikeable fellow too.
Enren was a precocious dick before that happened though.

KmA

I just finished watching the first two episodes. Wow. Stellar stuff.

Eren is so annoying though. Oh wow stop screaming kid. Mikasa is the best character so far.
I'm so glad she punched Eren in the face when he called Armin weak. Dick.

Suen

Watched episode 2. Pretty nice, sequence with armored titan was well done and overall the episode was enjoyable despite the slower moments in it. Some background scenes looked great as well. As some manga readers already mentioned here it's really nice that they are showing things in a chronological order and filling the gaps up so it makes sense. Prefer it much more this way as one of my biggest complaints ever since this manga was released was how the author likes to jump all over the place leaving you confused.

Manga spoilers:

I completely forgot that Reiner broke the wall and that Eren had that dream with his dad in it.....I bet I've forgotten many more details because it's been such a long time since I read the first chapters. Also seeing what is happening now feels weird when you consider what happens later in the story, especially seeing Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt there

Branduil

It would really be preferable to keep all major manga spoilers in the manga thread. Minor spoilers properly tagged are fine, but anything huge just probably shouldn't be in this thread at all, even properly tagged. It makes it problematic when people use "fake spoilers" right next to huge real ones. We don't really want or need to use this thread to discuss later manga events.

What if the Titans aren't evil, they just have giant holes in their bodies and by eating humans they can fill themselves with the love and warmth of a human, of course that means the human dies and they have to find another, but, hey that's progress! What do you guys think? I think that's the best scenario.

How could something so cute be so cruel? Titans are so moe, you just wanna hug'em and say "it's alrite".

not sure if serious ....

Enough bullets will do it. Or a rocket launcher.

Also fucking wow. My anime club is apparently not voting to keep this show on our roster in favor of other (good but less awesome) shows. Looks like I'll have to masturbate to enjoy this show alone.

Not really ...
a cannonball in the face destroy their heads but it grows back and that's only with the smallest titans that will be affected by the cannonball

Defuser

a9PXuX1l.jpg

I actually think guts can take down a titan.

Not really ...
a cannonball in the face destroy their heads but it grows back and that's only with the smallest titans that will be affected by the cannonball

Yes really.
An explosion from a modern rocket launcher dwarfs a cannonball. A hit at their head would also explode their neck weak point.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shingeki no Kyojin 2

The teasing in this episode was amazing, and the Armored Titan attack scene was really impressive too. I love how they're nailing the "humanity is basically fucked" feeling the manga gives off constantly.

Proelite

The scene where the
recon captain returns the arm to his mother, and the mother asking him if her son was useful
would an instant classic scene if it was in a live action film.

duckroll

I bet Kirito would have no problems killing all the Titans and saving the world. Kirino would probably have no problems loving all the Titans and getting them to assist her in her next doujin project too.

Branduil

Kirito would touch a titan and instantly understand their entire biology and origin because writing characters with flaws is hard.

Dresden

The anti-Eren. Stoic uber-competent badass. Would smang Mikasa metaphorically before the end of the first volume.

0q4zFCYl.jpg

It's what people actually want, right? The sales don't lie. The number of complaints about how 'annoying' Eren is don't lie.

duckroll

Hahahaha, I like how in that pic, Kirito has to face the audience, while the Titan faces away (exposing the back of his neck). It's PERFECT!

Proelite

A population of 1,000,000 people is enough to sustain a rate of 20-40k casualties annually indefinitely, depending on population growth rate. FYI.

Defuser

Hahahaha, I like how in that pic, Kirito has to face the audience, while the Titan faces away (exposing the back of his neck). It's PERFECT!

Actually if you look closely thats not a titan. Its a red hood avatar which Kayaba Akihito use to represent himself in the first episode.

EdmondD

I am enjoying this so far. I like the design of the titans. I enjoy these type of hopeless, forlorn stories. I have some issues with it though. The ridiculous dramatic flourishes are so uneccessary. Apparently when anything dramatic happens a strong gust of wind starts blowing. These were kind of entertaining in Death Note like the dramatic chip eating scene but I don't want to see this happening often in this particular anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom