• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

So hyped and at the same time apprehensive the season finale will suck. I foresee a draw or maybe eren wins but Annie gets away. Definitely not a knock down drag out with Annie being made a prisoner.

I can't wait to read Berserk's final chapter in 2056!

hpxJg.gif

need a Berserk version of this

jediyoshi

So hyped and at the same time apprehensive the season finale will suck. I foresee a draw or maybe eren wins but Annie gets away. Definitely not a knock down drag out with Annie being made a prisoner.

My prediction: Petra pulls an Eren. Titan Petra and Eren do a double lariat on Titan Annie, destroying her. They all go home to celebrate but find Sasha having eaten all the food. Fin.

Halfway through it just got hyper-repetitive for me.

Hmmm, I dunno about repetitive, but I feel like they could have left out a couple of the side characters (who were usually wonderfully developed) and sped the story along a bit. Also wasn't a huge fan of the ending. I loved it at first, but some of the epilogue-ish stuff rubbed me the wrong way.

OT - Only about 12 more hours to go for AoT 25.

NEO0MJ

For a monthly release, it'd be going on for a very very long time. That's around 200-250 chapters in total, or around 16-20 years. Most of the monthly ones I've followed never go on that long. Maybe only for approximately 100-150 at most, except Skip Beat, which is just over 200 and is probably getting fairly close to the end thanks to some recent developments.

Right now he completed 37 of the 50 volumes, with only 13 volumes left, or 117 chapters to go. Unfortunately his output has become really, really slow and can skip months before releasing a single chapter.

Anyways back to AOT, finale is tonight! I guess we'll receive what happens in the cinematic release before the episode airs?

FluxWaveZ

Awww yeah, it's almost time.

Nah, I think Annie's done this time.

Yeah, it was very good. Gave it a 9/10 on MAL. AoT will likely get an 8.

I actually started reading Monster awhile back - is the show comparable? Would you guys rather watch it over read it? If it is I might switch over since I tend to enjoy watching anime over reading manga.

On Titan, I'm getting a bit confused. Spoilers after the Forest Arc:
I can't figure out what Annie's motivations are. I mean she had a ring to help her transform and she had control over her titan abilities so this isn't a new ability for her. But as I'm rewatching the Trost series she reacts exactly how I wouldn't expect a Titan-in-hiding to react upon seeing Eren transform. And then the crying after being cut up by Levi, paired with how many Scouts she killed. I have no clue where she's coming from. Aside from taking Marco's 3d gear she doesn't really slip up.

Also, speculation:

Was the Armored Titan at the start of the show also being controlled by a human? I'm trying to figure out who it might be.

I actually started reading Monster awhile back - is the show comparable? Would you guys rather watch it over read it? If it is I might switch over since I tend to enjoy watching anime over reading manga.

Couldn't say, I'm about to start reading it myself now that I've watched it.

Akito

The anime is a super faithful adaptation of the manga with good production values and an outstanding soundtrack. I'd say go for the anime if you have the time to spare.

The anime is a super faithful adaptation of the manga with good production values and an outstanding soundtrack. I'd say go for the anime if you have the time to spare.

Fornaximus said:
Couldn't say, I'm about to start reading it myself now that I've watched it.

Alright well good to hear it's accurate - good production values and soundtrack are a nice plus too. I think I'll give it a go since I have the time and I love plowing through a good thriller/mystery/whatever you want to call it with friends.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't want an inconclusive finale. I'd be fine with one of two outcomes: outcome a) Eren wrecks the shit out of Annie, and she's taken prisoner (too good a character to kill yet), or b) they up the hype and Eren is just about to beat Annie when the Colossal Titan turns up to starting wrecking shit just to remind Eren he's not all that boss after all. If Annie beats Eren, or escapes under her own steam, it'd just feel so meh, because to be honest Eren has done so little as a character. He needs to either have a victory, or be denied it only by someone whom the series has already established as a BAMF. I'm kind of leaning b) simply because we haven't seen the Colossal in a while
and I also I want to know who it is damnit
, but with the caveat the Colossal really is a deus ex for Annie and prior to that Eren is slaying her.

Dali

I really don't want an inconclusive finale. I'd be fine with one of two outcomes: outcome a) Eren wrecks the shit out of Annie, and she's taken prisoner (too good a character to kill yet), or b) they up the hype and Eren is just about to beat Annie when the Colossal Titan turns up to starting wrecking shit just to remind Eren he's not all that boss after all. If Annie beats Eren, or escapes under her own steam, it'd just feel so meh, because to be honest Eren has done so little bit as a character. He needs to either have a victory, or be denied it only by someone whom the series has already established as a BAMF. I'm kind of leaning b) simply because we haven't seen the Colossal in a while
and I also I want to know who it is damnit
, but with the caveat the Colossal really is a deus ex for Annie and prior to that Eren is slaying her.

I'm sure he'll win. The buildup is there and it wouldn't make sense for him to get his ass handed to him again. I'm convinced Annie is getting away though. Eren is just too bitch to pull off a total victory. He'll hesitate and she'll get away.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure he'll win. The buildup is there and it wouldn't make sense for him to get his ass handed to him again. I'm convinced Annie is getting away though. Eren is just too bitch to pull off a total victory. He'll hesitate and she'll get away.

that's the thing, though. I don't want him to let Annie go because of a hesitation. he HAD his hesitation, and she just killed a whole shitload of people and nearly him. I want him to utterly destroy her, then just before the finishing blow, he's stopped, not by hesitation, but because the Colossal Titan starts slaying him out nowhere.

I mean, I think your idea is more likely because the idea of Eren showing any character progression is laughable, but fuck would it be irritating if he hesitated again.

Necrovex

My exact sentiments on animated version of Monster. Watch it. It's so bloody good.

Dali

that's the thing, though. I don't want him to let Annie go because of a hesitation. he HAD his hesitation, and she just killed a whole shitload of people and nearly him. I want him to utterly destroy her, then just before the finishing blow, he's stopped, not by hesitation, but because the Colossal Titan starts slaying him out nowhere.

I mean, I think your idea is more likely because the idea of Eren showing any character progression is laughable, but fuck would it be irritating if he hesitated again.

That's just the way shounen heroes are. You blow up planets, kill my friends, fondle my girl... It's cool. We can still be frwends. I wonder if this is a mentality that was born of the us dropping nukes and now we're best buds.

Soma

Sooooo uhhh (ep. 25/maybe manga spoilerz)
Eren basically went SSJ2 this episode. That... wasn't in the manga! lol

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Sooooo uhhh (ep. 25/maybe manga spoilerz)
Eren basically went SSJ2 this episode. That... wasn't in the manga! lol

I'm getting bad Claymore flashbacks.. they're always in such a weird spot when the manga is still going on but they have to wrap it up in a way that isn't just /endofchapter.

Lotta angry manga ppl over at MAL saying they changed a bunch of stuff. Think it ended the way it should be ended. They can't just open a new arc in the final episode of a series that has yet to be greenlit for season 2.

Man the manga seems cool, but that art looks so rushed. It is unbelievable.
That isn't even the worst panel by a longshot, but it's from chapter one.

The "End Card" from above is more representative of the art from the current volume. It's been improving leaps and bounds and started getting occasionally phenomenal around the time the female titan showed up.

You know, I always wondered whether some of the weird deformed Titans was a design choice or because the author was a terrible artist. His poor art really upped the creepy factor on the Titans for sure.

Necrovex

It's not rushed, it's just bad the author sucked at drawing. It's improved a lot since then

A lot of fantastic manga have some rough art to begin with. I recall how rough the beginning of Berserk looked, now look like at it. Miura takes his bloody sweet time detailing every last bit.

Demoli

They really changed a lot from the manga, Eren went all SSJ on Annie in a way that's in no way shape or form suggested in the manga, but i can live with that i guess.

Really enjoyed the teasers they gave, things seem to be moving a lot quicker here.

You know, I always wondered whether some of the weird deformed Titans was a design choice or because the author was a terrible artist. His poor art really upped the creepy factor on the Titans for sure.

The titans seemed to be drawn with more detail than the human characters. Which I agree helped up the creepy factor when you compare how they look to everything else.

Chake

Banned
A lot of fantastic manga have some rough art to begin with. I recall how rough the beginning of Berserk looked, now look like at it. Miura takes his bloody sweet time detailing every last bit.

You trippin, Berserk always looked great.

Anyway, isn't it early for the episode to be out? I usually watch it in crunchyroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom