• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 25 – The Wall - Raid on Stohess District (3)

Pretty awful ending
considering nothing was addressed and just too many open ends. I guess the titan peering through did answer if there were truly more humans capable of transforming, so I guess thats something to look forward too, but I would have liked if more were done. A few scenes seemed weird, mainly the Eren eating one as it made it look kind of silly rather than serious at whatever other meaning someone was trying to make with him eating like that while talking of the titans. Annie's background and rationale is just still unknown and even then Eren and being titan is also another unknown that ought to have been explored more in depth.

Oh well highlights of the anime overall was making the franchise more approachable by improving the art, granting excellent voices to many characters, and being a musically inquisitive series with at times fitting pieces to greatly augment and complement the action on screen. I wish at times most action moments didnt look like they followed the same template that we saw in the first trailer as well as featuring characters actually being successful in endeavors to attack the enemy. Series too skewed towards that. Additionally, I hate the message it tried to play down by essentially making Willpower and Dedication, and Perseverance seem like terrible aspects that lead to being unsuccessful, what type of message is that even?

Jean is the shining star of the anime and one of the greatest characters ever imagined and utterly pleased every moment he was on screen. I couldnt get enough and his presence greatly enhanced every episode and even the last episode. Commentary with him and Armin at times led to great moments and he truly had the most character growth outpacing even Eren. Eren too is a good character and well rounded and made this special with his versatile voice actor. Connie too was underrated.

Will definitely buy...8/10.

Those instances in ep 24 when the camera bounces back drove me crazy. That stuff looks terrible, and it tainted some of the best animation in the episode. Make it look like a camera at least if you are going to have camera movement.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So when does ep 25 hit Crunchyroll?

eDIT: n/m, found.

kirblar

This particular section had to be fleshed out more to translate it to the screen. In the manga it's more of a bridge between this arc and the following one, here, it's ending a season. Different mediums require different approaches. It's part of adaptation.

Pein

Banned
so you guys want guest CR passes? I never knew I just let them expire because I never use them. I have 3 of them that are valid PM me if you guys want them.

cjkeats

Action was great in this one. One of the things that happened I forgot I got spoiled on until it happened.
Still, lots of hints left there at the end just to make the wait harder. Going to be hard to resist moving to the manga.

rexor0717

Yeah, definitely hop on the manga. There are still tons of questions to be answered, but at least it will ease the wait. Sucks that its a monthly release though.

I've really grown to look forward to new episodes of this show, so next week will be a bit of a let down.

This episode was a letdown. The fighting was great but it felt like it was over too quick and I think the reveal in the end could have been done much better. I know they have to wrap it up but awful job at how and where they cut off.

Wow this final episode as an adaptation is balls, I dunno what the anime team was thinking with this episode.

For those curious how the manga handled it
After Mikasa cuts off Annie's fingers, the wall opens up and reveals the titan while all of the survey corps are still there, all the scenes of Erwin talking to the government and Eren healing up are from the next chapter after they discuss the business with the wall titan

Attack on Titan deserved a better adaption then this, it completely botched this final act which was one of the best parts of the story.

Cizard

For a season finale it was kinda lackluster but that's not very surprising. In the original this is just the end of one of many arcs.

Back to waiting for vol. 7 of the manga to arrive now then! Kodansha Comics seems to be speeding up the english release of the manga, they'll be up to date next february with the release of vol. 11.

kirblar

Wow this final episode as an adaptation is balls, I dunno what the anime team was thinking with this episode.

For those curious how the manga handled it
After Mikasa cuts off Annie's fingers, the wall opens up and reveals the titan while all of the survey corps are still there, all the scenes of Erwin talking to the government and Eren healing up are from the next chapter after they discuss the business with the wall titan

Attack on Titan deserved a better adaption then this, it completely botched this final act which was one of the best parts of the story.
Huh? Flipping the two portions makes complete sense to accomodate the seasonal structure.

Dennis

Banned
Penultimate episode was just so many levels above this one.

But let me be honest, all the unanswered questions about the titans and what they are, is killing my soul slowly and painfully. Masterfully done in a way.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hm? The anime is over? Now you know how the manga readers feel. So many unanswered questions.

Soma

Have you read the manga? If you have you should realize how idiotic the change was and the problems it creates

Nothing a few new things can fix. It's basically a loop that leads them back to exactly what happens in the manga like how this show has done previous times before.

They ended the show fine as it is. It provides this portion of the story with temporary closure while giving the audience something to get excited about for a possible second season or an interest to read the manga. The only things that really bothered me with the last episode was
Eren's "Fire Titan" form that kinda just happened out of nowhere (it still looked cool though) and Levi magically being healed from his injuries and just showing up... for some reason.

Flai

I thought the episode was a pretty good adaption of the manga version, but if this is the series finale, then it was horrible.

Nothing a few new things can fix. It's basically a loop that leads them back to exactly what happens in the manga like how this show has done previous times before.

They ended the show fine as it is. It provides this portion of the story with temporary closure while giving the audience something to get excited about for a possible second season or an interest to read the manga. The only things that really bothered me with the last episode was
Eren's "Fire Titan" form that kinda just happened out of nowhere (it still looked cool though) and Levi magically being healed from his injuries and just showing up... for some reason.

Levi's injury... cmon now lol. Ankle sprain? not really a big deal

Erigu

That wasn't a good adaptation. Nor a good episode.
But I guess it was a good summary of everything I disliked about the TV series.

So finally caught the last episode

And one thing popped in my head this time round

I have to assume it's already been discussed to death

But does anybody else think it's odd that out of the human titans, Eren is the only one who has skin when transformed?

Like the non-human titans?

I wonder if that signifies some sort of physical difference to the others

Perhaps he is a more advanced hybrid but not experienced as the others?

ep 25:
cvn9.png

First half was packed with awesome action and a lot of saguka and latter half wrapped the things up before the inevitable second season. I am satisfied. Gonna be long wait.

kirblar

The unusually specific size and shape of the armored/colossal titan definitely seem like they've been intentionally altered to fulfill a specific role. Breeding/Eugenics program? A specific titan formula?

Dennis

Banned
The unusually specific size and shape of the armored/colossal titan definitely seem like they've been intentionally altered to fulfill a specific role. Breeding/Eugenics program? A specific titan formula?

I can't help but notice that the titans don't have genitals.....just saying its something I have noticed.

fanboi

Banned
Wait, please don't tell me
that these titans are heaven and earth beings... Eren, being fiery is from hell infact while Annie is from Heaven (ice feel heavenly). Not sure what to make of the titan in the wall... it seems they come from the ground and up.

Necrovex

You trippin, Berserk always looked great.

Anyway, isn't it early for the episode to be out? I usually watch it in crunchyroll.

Well, it has been nine-to-ten years since I read volume one. My vague memory is telling me the art style became superior during The Golden Age arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom