• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unusually specific size and shape of the armored/colossal titan definitely seem like they've been intentionally altered to fulfill a specific role. Breeding/Eugenics program? A specific titan formula?

My thoughts as well

Although I'm not sure why you couldn't just have 2 colossal titans?

One for outer wall one for inner wall

Seriously doubt colossal couldn't pop the inner wall just as easily

Female Titan being pure musculature does allow an easy out to the "giant naked boobies" problem.

To be fair though if titans don't need genitals I see no reason why they would need nipples, don't think Eren has nipples but he has skin

So boobs would just be slightly different colored

Well, it has been nine-to-ten years since I read volume one. My vague memory is telling me the art style became superior during The Golden Age arc.

Berserk's art was always amazing, there was just less darkness and demon stuff in the first 9 chapters (which is 900 pages lol)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Episode 25:

Kudos to this show for not pulling a Gecko Ending on us, instead wisely going for the open ended stoppage that hints at another season. For there most likely will be a second season of one of the hottest anime properties around right now. I do not see that being forestalled and hamstrung for more episodes. Anyway, one again, we see where all of the animation dollars went as we get a rather visually impressive end fight between Annie and Eren. This also reaffirms my belief that there are about six people who would have made better protagonists then him, since he is so bloody useless. We wrap up this arc with the characteristic melancholy bitter-sweetness that is rather unwarranted. People died, yes, and Annie is locked in a cocoon of ice but you also have her in custody, maybe she does not talk now, but crack that nut, and we shall see what happens. Indeed out teaser for season 2 seems to be a secret of massive interest, titans are in the walls. So many questions, so many questions, no answers, just questions, we need answers.

Series Analysis: So the phrase the work that will save anime gets bandied quite a bit these days, looking at you Kill La Kill, and while anime has no need of saving, it has a it of an accessibility problem these days. Attack on Titan is about the most accessible Otaku O' Clock anime I have seen all year. Though this makes sense since in spite of the propagated levels of maturity, this is still a shonen show, and it wears those tropes very glaringly. Indeed, it has some of the bad tropes like shit pacing and exaggerated emotions, yet in spite of that, this was still a very entertaining ride, for the most part. The Defense of Trost arc really was the nadir of things as the production problems really dragged down an already slow arc to near unwatchable levels. That aside, this show knew how to hook viewers and to level them wanting more, I think it is the rare person who wants things to end at this point. Attack on Titan currently trends at number 3 on my AOTY list.

Jigolo

Great finale but definitely not the best episode in the season. I love the way it ended, it was totally unexpected.

Eren sparred Annie. They were fucking about to fuse?????? And Annie enclosed herself with her hardened powers.

Season 2, I'm ready.

Now that I've calmed down from my initial rage. I still think the anime botched the adaptation of this final arc and final twist, but if you're an anime only viewer it probably won't impact you as much. I still think the manga did a better job handling these scenes and they could have adapted it better, but it's serviceable.

I did like some of the changes the anime made such as putting the training arc for Eren and co before the battle of Troust and not after, along with the extended battle against the female titan in the final two episodes.

Soriku

Click freely and of your own will.

Spoiler and NSFL:

lmao.

I thought it was a great episode. Eren went full beast mode and there was a lot of intensity to the battle. The part after Eren
recovered from his beatdown and tackled Annie
made me lol, but it was pretty badass.

The reveal at the end was interesting. But the anime definitely did handle it way differently from the manga chapter. Since the theater version has an extra 10 mins, is the stuff with
Hanji and the priest
included? If the anime comes back I wonder how they're planning on bringing it up. It's worth reading chapter 34 in the manga after this episode regardless.

IDK if I'll continue with the manga at this point. I wanna wait till they animate more chapters.

kirblar

My thoughts as well

Although I'm not sure why you couldn't just have 2 colossal titans?

One for outer wall one for inner wall

Seriously doubt colossal couldn't pop the inner wall just as easily
I think the end of this episode has implications for why both the initial outer wall assault and the Trost wall assault were handled like they were.

LogicStep

Fuck so, the action was amazing but I didn't like the way it ended. I think I'm going into the manga. What chapter do I start reading?

fanboi

Banned
I think the end of this episode has implications for why both the initial outer wall assault and the Trost wall assault were handled like they were.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

So you are saying
the wall wall can be taken out via Colossal titan, but the city wall can only be taken by armoured titan. It all makes sense, then when they have taken the city, colossal titan is 'freed' or something

I watched it and saw the after credits bit too but not sure how it implies that

I guess the logic might go something like this?

Outer wall is stronger and armored can't break though it thus colossal is needed

Innerwall humans are expecting titans so colossal would have to put up with cannons which might be able to stop him????

But doesn't affect armored?

kirblar

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

So you are saying
the wall wall can be taken out via Colossal titan, but the city wall can only be taken by armoured titan. It all makes sense, then when they have taken the city, colossal titan is 'freed' or something
No no, I mean
they intentionally avoided hitting the big walls. Colossal titan sweeps the top. Armored titan punches a hole through the gate. Given the implication from the end of the episode, it seems they may have wanted to avoid breaching the walls themselves.

jett

D-Member
Shows such as these that drag on several "secrets" forever and refuse to reveal shit annoy the crap out of me. Still, the action was awesome, but the glacial pace at which the plot moves is getting real tired.

dan2026

Fuck so, the action was amazing but I didn't like the way it ended. I think I'm going into the manga. What chapter do I start reading?

Start with 34.

The anime changed things around a bit with the
wall Titan
but I guess they wanted it more open for season 2.

They explained it during the academy training episode. They don't have reproductive organs.

They also can't digest anything I believe.

Which makes there eating of humans mysterious and pointless.

No no, I mean
they intentionally avoided hitting the big walls. Colossal titan sweeps the top. Armored titan punches a hole through the gate. Given the implication from the end of the episode, it seems they may have wanted to avoid breaching the walls themselves.

Didn't the colossal pop the outer gate though in both instances and then move to sweep the top of the wall?

They also can't digest anything I believe.

Which makes there eating of humans mysterious and pointless.

Doesn't that just obviously suggest to everyone that titans are a biological weapon made by someone?

I'm guessing humanity itself and it backfired

Try to use them on an opposing country without destroying the resources and wealth but it went awry and they killed the creators too

I'm left content with the way the series ended. Haven't decided whether I want to read the Manga yet but this series has been an absolute wild ride that I've enjoyed from start to finish. They need to get around to announcing that Season 2 ASAP.

... now for Kill la Kill next week!

Ending of Ep.25 :
Titans in the walls? What does it meaaaaan?

Remember guys, keep the show in mind when AOTY's come around at the end of the year, even if it's the only one you watched. Will be interesting to see where it will place.

Jigolo

Not really trying to bring any manga shit into here so I'll be very vague. I only read the manga to match the anime but never pass where the anime episode leaves off. I like to see how much they've changed it, plus I like to see how the actual drawings look.

WARNING TO OTHERS WHO DO THIS:

Chapter 34 which episode 25 is based on, was very different from what the episode showed. It was odd to say the least. I'm guessing some of the content from this chapter will kick off season 2. (So I guess I semi spoiled myself for the first ep of S2 :/)

Either way time for blackout mode for SnK. So many unanswered questions! I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next season.

jett

D-Member
Man the art quality of the manga is pretty rough. It literally looks like rough sketches, not sure if I want to find out more about the story like this. :p Still I'm impressed by how similar the anime is in every way. Some things to its detriment, tbh. :p

I'd start from 32, which is episode 24. I thought they manga handled a few earlier scenes better so you may enjoy those too.

Soriku

Now that SNK is gone for a long while, what will take its place?

HunterxHunter? Though with Danganronpa and AoT both having ended this week, the only weekly anime series I'm following now is HxH and One Piece :x I guess Kill la Kill is next week.

Anime really isn't like a regular TV series, in which there's an obligatory cliffhanger / hook.

I see a lot of people here complaining about the "ending". This isn't an ending...just think of it as a seasonal intermission, whilst we pray and fuel the animation gods to continue their work.

As for the episode / anime...pretty incredible stuff. I love that the violence / darkness is perpetual. They never take their foot off the gas, which is paramount for that sense of constant desperation and despair. I heartily look forward to season 2.

I'm tempted to start reading the Manga, but I'll have to wait and see.

Hmm.. I found the "half-time" facts (or whatever they are called, the little facts that come when the show goes to/comes back from the commercial break) pretty interesting in the finale. Interesting even for a manga-reader imo :)

First: Second:

Personally I think it suggest there might be something under the walls and I have an idea of what it is

My belief is the city was made before the titan attacks happened AND it was made because of the impending titans

I am thereby suggesting the titans were originally created by this city's governemnt whether a secret group or the head (king) as it stands now I do not know

And also suggesting that the inital titan creation may have occured in a facility hidden beneath the city only accessible at certain access points

Jarmel

Banned
Shingeki 25-

Parts of this were really well animated and parts were not, even inside the fight sequences itself. It was a lackluster fight choreography wise, and somewhat animation-wise other than a few shots, till Eren went 'Bersahkar' mode. If it wasn't for that segment, I would have said that the climatic fight was a complete bust.

Jigolo

HOLY SHIT

I missed the scene AFTER the credits. o_O

So that's where that piece of the manga chapter went. Well, that was handled differently.

Soma

Remember guys, keep the show in mind when AOTY's come around at the end of the year, even if it's the only one you watched. Will be interesting to see where it will place.

Eh I liked it well enough overall but I don't see it being very high on my personal AOTY list and depending on how good or bad the Fall anime season is, it might not even appear at all on it.

Too early to tell.

Oh man, now what am i going to watch?

Could anyone tell me how good Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop compared to AoT?
Both of them are a trillion times better, in very different ways.

I was super bummed out about the choreography/editing when Eren
went SSJ2. It just kinda.. Cut to him. There was no transformation sequence.

Oh man, now what am i going to watch?

Could anyone tell me how good Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop compared to AoT?

Are you a whiny teenager or love silly anime mindfucks? Then you'll love Evangelion.

Cowboy Bebop is the best anime show ever created, a must watch for any fan of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom