• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does
SSJ2
stand for?

Super saiya-jin level 2

250px-GohanSuperSaiyanIINV.png

A stupid term I feel guilty about using, but it cuts right to the point.

S_Dev

Neo Member
Ok, avoiding spoilers, how many chapters of manga are out right now? Is it one chapter a month, or multiple chapters being released at the same time? Is the amount of chapters that translate into an episode of the anime roughly consistent?

Permanently A

Ok, avoiding spoilers, how many chapters of manga are out right now? Is it one chapter a month, or multiple chapters being released at the same time? Is the amount of chapters that translate into an episode of the anime roughly consistent?

Monthly chapters, 49 so far.

Welp, time to read the manga. Anyone got an idea where this would start off on the manga?

Chapter 34 if you want to pick up where the anime left off.

Dali

Well that was... Something.
looks like annie didn't get away afterall (but she's out of play regardless) and Eren did waiver as expected. I guess in a way I was right in saying hed hesitated and she'd get away. A very uneventful season ender leaving us with the same critical plot point brought up at the very first episode as the cliffhanger.

The church scene was gold though lol.

tolkir

Oh man, now what am i going to watch?

Could anyone tell me how good Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop compared to AoT?

They are more serious (and better) than AoT.
But, if you prefer fighting scenes like in AoT, you should watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Hunter x Hunter.

S_Dev

Neo Member
Monthly chapters, 49 so far.

So if my calculations are correct:
If the last episode covered up to chapter 33
Each episode is ~1.3 chapters of manga
And each chapter is ~0.75 episodes of anime.
So the left over 16 chapters gives us about 12 episodes.
If we assume that the next season will be released when we have 25 episodes worth of material,
And the manga chapters come out every month,
We have 1 year and 4 months until there is enough material for season 2.

But I highly doubt that will be the case, I have a feeling the next season will be 13 episodes long, and the pressure from the success of the show will most likely cause the manga releases to come faster. Or they just pull an OG Full Metal Alchemist on us and just do whatever the hell they want with the anime.

Chake

Banned
They are more serious (and better) than AoT.
But, if you prefer fighting scenes like in AoT, you should watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Hunter x Hunter.

I watched most shonen anime. Though, i didn't watch those two, might as well.

Thanks guys!

duckroll

But I highly doubt that will be the case, I have a feeling the next season will be 13 episodes long, and the pressure from the success of the show will most likely cause the manga releases to come faster. Or they just pull an OG Full Metal Alchemist on us and just do whatever the hell they want with the anime.

The manga runs in a monthly magazine. It's not going to get released any faster than it already is. The manga is far more popular than the anime anyway, so it's really the other way round, the publisher has more power over the anime production. :p

Velti

Neo Member
Personally I think it suggest there might be something under the walls and I have an idea of what it is

My belief is the city was made before the titan attacks happened AND it was made because of the impending titans

I am thereby suggesting the titans were originally created by this city's governemnt whether a secret group or the head (king) as it stands now I do not know

And also suggesting that the inital titan creation may have occured in a facility hidden beneath the city only accessible at certain access points

I like your theory! Maybe the walls are just a "surface detail" on a much larger super-structure underground.

In regards to the miner story... I think he must have been killed. There's a secret cabal people who know about the super-structure and want to keep it a secret.

And personally, I didn't find the church scene funny at all. I cant understand there being a dark humor to it, but.... nope.

That's not how it works. It's in a monthly magazine.

So if my calculations are correct:
If the last episode covered up to chapter 33
Each episode is ~1.3 chapters of manga
And each chapter is ~0.75 episodes of anime.
So the left over 16 chapters gives us about 12 episodes.
If we assume that the next season will be released when we have 25 episodes worth of material,
And the manga chapters come out every month,
We have 1 year and 4 months until there is enough material for season 2.

That's what I'm hoping for.

S_Dev

Neo Member
The manga runs in a monthly magazine. It's not going to get released any faster than it already is. The manga is far more popular than the anime anyway, so it's really the other way round, the publisher has more power over the anime production. :p

That is actually quite relieving the hear. Although Attack On Titan Brotherhood does sound slightly appealing.

FluxWaveZ

That... was it?

MAN. Eren still sucks so much. Ugh, between this and Jojo's, I'm finding it hard to wait for an eventual new season instead of just getting ahold of the manga.

Kiryu

Fuck you all "spoiler people"!
This spoiler below the spoiler tag is... that I thought it was false spoiler for WHOLE THE TIME.

Titan is in the freaking wall!

Can't wait for Season 2 anyway. I really hate people who already read manga and intentionally spoil in this thread. :/

Akito

Episode 25
This episode sucks, Wit Studio botched the reveal and I also hate how they were trying to give every popular character like Jean or Levi screentime when it didn't make sense at all.
With this it's clear for me, manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anime.

shira

Fuck you all "spoiler people"!
This spoiler below the spoiler tag is... that I thought it was false spoiler for WHOLE THE TIME.

Titan is in the freaking wall!

Can't wait for Season 2 anyway. I really hate people who already read manga and intentionally spoil in this thread. :/
Never saw that one. I'm more concerned with the other potential
hidden titans like mikasa or levi

Kiryu

Episode 25
This episode sucks, Wit Studio botched the reveal and I also hate how they were trying to give every popular character like Jean or Levi screentime when it didn't make sense at all.
With this it's clear for me, manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anime.
Animation is still decent. Anime > Manga.

Both are amazing in their own ways.

Guys, guys! I think the
titan at the end
was just a bit of humor. Even the way the animation was handled without any eeriness suggests that, no?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, guys! I think the
titan at the end
was just a bit of humor. Even the way the animation was handled without any eeriness suggests that, no?

Wait never mind. Not sure if we can post clearly tagged manga spoilers.

Guys, guys! I think the
titan at the end

No it definitely wasn't.
Wall Titan was in the manga and is a big plot point for the future.
They just did a horrible job of handling it in the Anime.

Ferrio

Banned
Episode really really let me down. They really don't want you to learn shit about what's going on do they? Every arc has been "We're going to learn something!" then they end with squat. Come on throw us a bone here.

Episode really really let me down. They really don't want you to learn shit about what's going on do they? Every arc has been "We're going to learn something!" then they end with squat. Come on throw us a bone here.

The bone is the manga. You want answers, either read that or wait a year or 2 for a 2nd season.

I don't have a problem with the ep. They did what needed to be done. Without a guarantee of a second season, they have to wind things down in case it never happens. Don't wanna pull a Berserk where the shit hits the fan in the last ep creating one of the most outrageous cliffhangers ever. They give you a little tease with that post-credits scene rather than blowing open a whole new arc that won't be continued until next year at the very earliest.

aly

My mom and I just marathoned this show from beginning to what I assuming is the end of the first season. Kinda wish I started watching earlier, since we loved it but meh. How far apart is the anime vs. the manga?

kirblar

My mom and I just marathoned this show from beginning to what I assuming is the end of the first season. Kinda wish I started watching earlier, since we loved it but meh. How far apart is the anime vs. the manga?
The Manga's not that far ahead. Probably 8-11 eps worth of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom