• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFool

Banned
Just watched the final episode, that fight was weird - one minute he's down and the next he's on fire, felt like they cut some content out. Even had a weird crystal shattering effect that made no sense and was completely out of context.. Am I missing something?

Akito

Just watched the final episode, that fight was weird - one minute he's down and the next he's on fire, felt like they cut some content out. Even had a weird crystal shattering effect that made no sense and was completely out of context.. Am I missing something?
They added stuff to the fight, which weren't there in the manga and yeah, they made no sense.

Irminsul

I also thought it was an asspull at first, but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. There's no way humans with their technology could have built a structure so incredibly massive.
Not really a spoiler of episode 25, but as I quote such an spoiler, I'll answer in the same way:

What is the level of technology humans possess, anyway? The towns on the outer wall look definitively medieval, sure, but the more you get to the center, the more modern it looks. More like 17th or 18th century at the end. They also have newspapers in inner cities. Don't forget the 3D Maneuver Gear, that's certainly much more modern than anything else. Even though that easily could be "artistic freedom", I guess the towns are not.

So, were humans on a higher technological level in the past and got "bombed" (or eaten) into medieval to Renaissance times? At least that's sort of my current theory.

Oh god, I think I know who the colossal might be.

Theory regarding origin on titans (or rather, one titan):

I also have gotten an idea.

Proceed with caution, I don't name anything, but a pretty clear hint:

He's in a rather high position and helped Eren a bit during a rather stretched-out battle, right?

BizzyBum

He's in a rather high position and helped Eren a bit during a rather stretched-out battle, right?

Oh god.. It's so obvious now. Fuck...

S2 needs to happen tomorrow.. =[

Soriku

That doesn't make sense regarding his actions during that arc.

JeKasa / MikaJean 4 lyfe.

Eren can find another girl to Titan bang.

s9bIHuy.jpg
Jean stands no chance.

Roubjon

Loved episode 25, probably because I didn't expect anything special to be revealed.
All I wanted was the Annie arc to be over and it seems that's the case. I'm looking forward to whenever the show continues though, that tease after the credits is pretty crazy.

rexor0717

Loved episode 25, probably because I didn't expect anything special to be revealed.
All I wanted was the Annie arc to be over and it seems that's the case. I'm looking forward to whenever the show continues though, that tease after the credits is pretty crazy.

I doubt she will be gone forever, maybe when she comes back she won't have a reason to fight them anymore.

RangerBAD

Well, despite delays and fillers and reused animation (heavily at times), I think they did a pretty good adaptation. I was pleased and we definitely got a lot of dynamic animation at the end.

We'll never forget that OP #1 goes with everything and maybe we'll trust in WIT a little more next time (lol)!

mugwhump

For anyone curious about
the origin of the walls
, there was an interesting little diagram/illustration inside volume 2 of the manga with a really neat bit of info, which I think makes a lot of sense. But, it's never been touched on again, so it may or may not be legitimate. Maybe some Japanese readers could chime in? I'm not so sure about the Japanese -> Korean -> English translation.

Here it is.

For anyone curious about
the origin of the walls
, there was an interesting little diagram/illustration inside volume 2 of the manga with a really neat bit of info, which I think makes a lot of sense. But, it's never been touched on again, so it may or may not be legitimate. Maybe some Japanese readers could chime in? I'm not so sure about the Japanese -> Korean -> English translation.

Here it is.

"New land had walls before man arrived" is intriguing

Someone had to make them and I still think titans are manmade

Erigu

For anyone curious about
the origin of the walls
, there was an interesting little diagram/illustration inside volume 2 of the manga with a really neat bit of info, which I think makes a lot of sense.
That's on all volumes, actually.

cj_iwakura

That's exactly what I think.

How many other characters are bald?

sohois

Wasn't he in the capital when the titans attacked the second time?

Yeah, the positioning doesn't seem to make sense; he wasn't in the capital as far as I know but he was at that rich guys house which seemed pretty far. There just doesn't seem enough time.

B.O.O.M

I thought Sasha was likely paired with Connie.

UbOvabK.jpg

9qWSvLO.jpg

High Five!

The best girl out of the whole lot after Mikasa

Finale: That fire thing was kinda weird. But it was a great fight. Jean said one of the dumbest things I have heard in anime too. 'So if he killed all the other titans..will that be a win for humans?" or something like that. I mean yes..yes it would be. Wtf how is that NOT a win

I'm sure Eren will eventually get his own special power tho. So far all the unique titans seem to have one

Mariolee

Yeah, the positioning doesn't seem to make sense; he wasn't in the capital as far as I know but he was at that rich guys house which seemed pretty far. There just doesn't seem enough time.

Plus they were playing Chess the entire time, which isn't exactly a short game. There's no way it could've been him....right?

High Five!

The best girl out of the whole lot after Mikasa

Finale: That fire thing was kinda weird. But it was a great fight. Jean said one of the dumbest things I have heard in anime too. 'So if he killed all the other titans..will that be a win for humans?" or something like that. I mean yes..yes it would be. Wtf how is that NOT a win

I'm sure Eren will eventually get his own special power tho. So far all the unique titans seem to have one

I thought the whole bursting on fire one was his power

Masked Man

I said wow

Yeah, that was my thought, too. The muscles/tendons stretching across the titan's face above his mouth are pretty reminiscent of his mustache.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Sasha is where it's at when it comes to female characters in this anime. I find her character quite charming and likeable because of the humor aspect. They better not kill her off in S2. #TeamPotato

Irminsul

That doesn't make sense regarding his actions during that arc.

Yes, but then again I can't grasp Annies motivation to become a titan and kill people. Thus, actions that don't make sense are no hindrance in my opinion ;)

Wasn't he in the capital when the titans attacked the second time?

You are right, it doesn't really fit. But still… the similarity is definitively there.

Episode 25:

The
flames
on Eren was stupid... that wasn't in the manga. They didn't even bother explaining it, but oh well. I felt like they rushed a few details... like the
Titan inside the wall
being at the end credits - the manga revealed that better and it should've been adapted that way in the anime.

Ricky 7

Jean said one of the dumbest things I have heard in anime too. 'So if he killed all the other titans..will that be a win for humans?" or something like that. I mean yes..yes it would be. Wtf how is that NOT a win

I think he was referring to the fact of Erin having to discard his humanity in order to win.

daveo42

Banned
Episode 25:

The
flames
on Eren was stupid... that wasn't in the manga. They didn't even bother explaining it, but oh well. I felt like they rushed a few details... like the
Titan inside the wall
being at the end credits - the manga revealed that better and it should've been adapted that way in the anime.

Completely agree on that point. The reveal in the manga was perfect because you got character reactions to it when it happened. Though, you are stuck in a place with the anime that it might not get another season and the production company had to end it that way in the case that it doesn't happen.

RedSwirl

Welp, switching over to the manga since I already got spoiled anyway.

And even if you've seen the anime, it's still unsafe to go to the Wiki or google anything. If you want to know more though I still suggest rewatching the whole series knowing what you know now.

That ending didn't gave me hopes for a season 2 for some reason...

Considering that the first three Blu-ray/DVD volumes have already sold very very well and the anime even boosted already huge manga sales further it would be pretty insane not to make second season.

lj167

The part in the story of the digger where the bedrock is made of the same material as the walls is intriguing. I think SwiftDeath's theory about an underground facility makes sense.
In fact, I'm almost certain of it, because I'm pretty sure manga readers promised us that there would be a future explanation for why humans didn't just live underground

I want to know what role the King plays in all this. We're starting to get the sense that there's a conspiracy on the level that would have to involve top levels of government, and he's been notably absent the entire series.

The part in the story of the digger where the bedrock is made of the same material as the walls is intriguing. I think SwiftDeath's theory about an underground facility makes sense.
In fact, I'm almost certain of it, because I'm pretty sure manga readers promised us that there would be a future explanation for why humans didn't just live underground

I want to know what role the King plays in all this. We're starting to get the sense that there's a conspiracy on the level that would have to involve top levels of government, and he's been notably absent the entire series.

I'm an idiot

At no point in the entire series did I even think about living underground

I guess you would need sunlight though as that's the power source for life (farming etc.) but I don't understand why you wouldn't create underground bunkers if there was a titan attack

I still think
there be something under that there wall

I'm looking for a series to watch with my kids and this looks pretty cool. Is this for grown ups only? I don't let my kids watch very edgy stuff.

LiK

I'm looking for a series to watch with my kids and this looks pretty cool. Is this for grown ups only? I don't let my kids watch very edgy stuff.

Kids in Japan watch it so if your kids can handle some gore and blood and giant monsters eating people, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom