• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Episode 25 – The Wall - Raid on Stohess District (3)

Pretty awful ending
considering nothing was addressed and just too many open ends. I guess the titan peering through did answer if there were truly more humans capable of transforming, so I guess thats something to look forward too, but I would have liked if more were done. A few scenes seemed weird, mainly the Eren eating one as it made it look kind of silly rather than serious at whatever other meaning someone was trying to make with him eating like that while talking of the titans. Annie's background and rationale is just still unknown and even then Eren and being titan is also another unknown that ought to have been explored more in depth.

EP 25 kinda non spoilery impressions

Ugh, fuck this last episode.. It reveals absolutely nothing.

People seem to forget this show is based on an ongoing manga. There will almost certainly be a season 2.

As for the
titan in the wall, all I can guess (what most people have guessed, because really no further concrete information exists on this as far as I know) is that htis is supposed to imply that the walls are in fact made of dead/dormant Titans.

Man, I have never felt this excited and anxious for a series since the days of DBZ...AoT's story might have pacing issues, but the story itself is solid and I thought that the animators did a great job adapting the manga onto a short-burst 25 episode Season 1. Feeling the tinge of sadness that something this enjoyable and controversial at times had to end! Really enjoyed the wonderful commentary and opinions that were exhibited in this forum and elsewhere on the interwebs.

Great series, can't wait for season 2.

mugwhump

Welp, I was pretty disappointed in the finale. Here's my review.

Pros
+The new track that played was awesome and kicked in at a good moment
+Action was decent

Cons
-No
Mikasa rocket.
The fuck? That was awesome in the manga.
-Extremely unsubtle Mikasa shipping. Her scene in the manga was cute, but they dialed it up to 11.
-
They completely fucked up the wall reveal. Fuck. We didn't even get to see anyone's reaction, or get an ounce of explanation.
-
Shounen rage powerup. The fuck? He's on fire and has lava veins and is suddenly somehow capable of beating up Annie? The fuck is this shit? That wasn't in the manga. What are they going to do for future fights when everyone's expecting him to go FIRE MODO? Looks like Eren got hit by the Wit drama hammer, because he went from being totally in control in the manga to "I'LL DESTROY THE WORLD". Also, they were about to fuse? What? That's just confusing on top of being meaningless.
-
Levi was apparently healed by the power of fangirl tears
-They STILL left out the Annie flashback! (Anime-only watchers, you can look at this. They're not going to include it now). At least they remembered the
flashback of her father. I think the "please come back to me" line was anime-original.
-I honestly found the titan vs titan animation a little disappointing. Like, it was a bit unpolished all around, or maybe lacking in detail. I don't think it lived up to ep 21 (or hell, even the last episode). The fight choreography was a bit lackluster.

All in all, I would have preferred purple rocks to what we got. Even if you're not planning on reading the manga, I recommend you read chapters 32-34, since it's done so much better than the anime.

I really liked, I love how they revealed the
wall titan
. Just a little tease of things to come; it was quick, scary, and ominous, perfect for an anime ending.

Subitai

Oh that tease driving everyone who hasn't yet to read the manga. If you can imagine it, the anime cliff hanger is less aggravating than the part of the story the manga is at now.

Ep. 25 thoughts
Survey Corps preserved and can go back to charting its own direction. The piece of wall falling away after the credits could have been done better, but I can understand why they did it that way.

So, now can the show get a bigger budget and production values so you guys will have less to complain about?

mugwhump

I liked that
the guess on the sidelines "they're merging?" was wrong/misleading instead of being a hand-holding explanation to the audience.

Ahh, that does make more sense. But judging by the confusion of many posters (myself included) I think they should have left it out.

Shiver

So, before this ep I thought the walls were somehow a means of control. Not just there to keep the titans out but also to keep the humans in.
But now, with the titan in the wall? What, why? #Ican't
And was no one else confused regarding the scene towards the end
where Connie, Reiner and the others were riding away in civilian clothes? They mixed it with Erwin speech about going on the attack and discovering the rest of the human titans. Are they actually implying that group are part of the enemy?

mugwhump

So, before this ep I thought the walls were somehow a means of control. Not just there to keep the titans out but also to keep the humans in.
I also thought it was an asspull at first, but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. There's no way humans with their technology could have built a structure so incredibly massive.

where Connie, Reiner and the others were riding away in civilian clothes? They mixed it with Erwin speech about going on the attack and discovering the rest of the human titans. Are they actually implying that group are part of the enemy?
They're just setting up S2, relax.

BizzyBum

Is it just me or does Reiner look like the Armored Titan?

Sami+

No, they split up into a separate squad.

Rad-

Loool at the ending. Everything looks to be better now
except now there's a titan coming from the wall fuck you guys and your happy endings.

Shiver

ok ok

Personally I think it suggest there might be something under the walls and I have an idea of what it is

My belief is the city was made before the titan attacks happened AND it was made because of the impending titans

I am thereby suggesting the titans were originally created by this city's governemnt whether a secret group or the head (king) as it stands now I do not know

And also suggesting that the inital titan creation may have occured in a facility hidden beneath the city only accessible at certain access points

Hmmm.
If that's the case, maybe the basement has door to the underground city?

I also thought it was an asspull at first, but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. There's no way humans with their technology could have built a structure so incredibly massive.

Also, it's really convenient that the walls were "built a hundred years ago". So no one alive today were alive back then so it's true purpose and origin could be anything. But it could be a situation similar to Zion in The Matrix.

iJPzM8RBG45ql.gif

girl..... i just spoiled myself.......... I couldn't wait any longer. I had to know ;_;

Meh same for me because I didn't want to wait for whenever season 2 arrives.
Quite disappointing actually, I just wanted to know about the actual plot/history/titans, but basically it didn't explain anything further than the anime. Can set my expectations for season 2 low and just watch for suspense/action.

ib1IHgcEx5klIp.gif

I’m surprised at the somewhat lukewarm response to the finale in here. I personally thought it was freaking amazing! Seriously when Eren
went bat-shit insane
I was soooooo PUMPED! Dat music! Dat emotion! I also felt really sorry for Annie when they showed
her crying.
She’s not a bad person damn it! And a big WTF at the scene after the credits! I mean really, WAT? I think it’s time for me to read the manga now. No way am I waiting for who knows how long till the next season. I wonder if any of my predictions will come true. Anyway, overall this was fantastic stuff and I’m going to miss it every week! : (

batbeg

ib1IHgcEx5klIp.gif

I’m surprised at the somewhat lukewarm response to the finale in here. I personally thought it was freaking amazing! Seriously when Eren
went bat-shit insane
I was soooooo PUMPED! Dat music! Dat emotion! I also felt really sorry for Annie when they showed
her crying.
She’s not a bad person damn it! And a big WTF at the scene after the credits! I mean really, WAT? I think it’s time for me to read the manga now. No way am I waiting for who knows how long till the next season. I wonder if any of my predictions will come true. Anyway, overall this was fantastic stuff and I’m going to miss it every week! : (

Do... do you really think that? I don't know what the manga revealed about, but she seemed pretty horrific to me when killing all those people :)

Watched the finale and I gotta say it was good despite the stalling. Heavy titan action is one of the reasons why I stick with the show and Eren just doesn't give us enough of that. This week was definitely different though. The look on the female titan's face just made me feel miserable for some reason.

No way in hell I'll be watching anything they make from day one like I did with this season though. I'll lose my mind.
Attempts to make Armin jealous, makes Mikasa homicidal instead.

Do... do you really think that? I don't know what the manga revealed about, but she seemed pretty horrific to me when killing all those people :)

Just so we’re clear - I haven’t read anything from the manga, but I’ve felt for a while now that she’s always been forced into doing all this horrible stuff. ;_;

To me it seems like she’s got no choice but to do what she’s doing by whoever is barking orders at her. I think she’s genuinely remorseful for her actions.

Just so we’re clear - I haven’t read anything from the manga, but I’ve felt for a while now that she’s always been forced into doing all this horrible stuff. ;_;

To me it seems like she’s got no choice but to do what she’s doing by whoever is barking orders at her. I think she’s genuinely remorseful for her actions.

iMRIDKhiFAXol.gif

Erwin is my favorite character. He is awesome!

Stoic, amazingly silent and mysterious, tall, handsome. You don't even know how good of a fighter he must be to have become the leader of the Survey Corp.

Levi is also cool, but I am still not sold on Eren. He is still too clean-cut-hero. Armin at least dragged himself up from pathetic to decent a long time ago. Mikasa, also needs more character development.

As far as the finale goes, to me Titans fighting is not the most exciting thing. I think that the humans fighting in their manuvering gear is cooler and more intense and awesome. The problem with Titan godly powers is that it's basically a superman. It's too powerful and it just breaks the immersion for me, when they try to make it interesting by going all super sayan 9000

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Woah wait a fucking second

What else would you think? Maybe the anime version didn't come off as clearly, though they purposely rearranged some happenings/characters that do make that sequence more vague. But, yes, all of those walls, yes.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
What else would you think? Maybe the anime version didn't come off as clearly, though they purposely rearranged some happenings/characters that do make that sequence more vague. But, yes, all of those walls, yes.

Oh come on, it could just as easily look like
one is standing behind the wall.

I looked up the manga for this episode just now. This is how the scene after the credits was handled in the manga.

For anyone confused by it from the anime - just click the link if you want to know what the last scene was all about.

Right, so, after reading here how crap this ep was compared to the manga, I decided to read it, but instead of stopping at the end of chapter 34, I ended reading the whole thing through to 49.

There was just no way could wait a whole year, but I feel I've really ruined the whole thing for me now, it was really exciting to see something revealed every week.

I'll some of you peeps in the manga thread! lol

Flai

What else would you think? Maybe the anime version didn't come off as clearly, though they purposely rearranged some happenings/characters that do make that sequence more vague. But, yes, all of those walls, yes

If you've read the manga (I think you have), then just don't talk about stuff that was purposely left vague. There could be only
one titan inside the wall
, we don't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom