• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

A second season hasn't been announced yet so who knows.

Start reading from chapter 33 or so.

Thanks!
Another season has a high chance of coming, I mean if they can tease for JoJo Part 3 anime series in the Blurays, and with how popular the show is, it's bound to get another season in 2014 at the earliest.

DarkKyo

Hey, I just want on a 3 month trip. I watched up until the end of that battle back in episode 8 or something.
Everyone was threatening the main character because he was a titan.
Worth getting back into?

Totally! You haven't even gotten to the best arc of the story yet. Also get out of this thread, so many spoilers...

Kinyou

Just thought I'd share this...

previewd318eca07ed98a5judn.jpg

Matt_C

Edited for humor

She probably found that next to
Levi
's bed

Also I cannot wait to start reading manga again since Volume 8 comes out in English at the end of this month.

Amazing show is amazing and I hope the Bluray boxed set can be found for cheap since I want to hear it in English.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Name: Crab
Height: 60 meter
Hair: Short
Colour: Brown
Eyes: Green
Sp. Trait: Large eyes

aww yeah 60 metre up in this yeah

TheExodu5

Banned
Just finished episode 6. This anime is stellar. And am I hearing it's the same director as Death Note? No wonder I like it to much.

So far, the real standout is the soundtrack. One of the best I've ever heard.

Torraz

Has anyone gone from watching the anime to reading the manga?

I'm unsure whether to go on a hiatus, and hope for another season, or whether to read the manga.

I think the soundtrack is really fantastic, and contributed a lot to the excellence of the anime. The manga would have neither this, nor the great voice acting...

kirblar

I'm unsure whether to go on a hiatus, and hope for another season, or whether to read the manga.

I think the soundtrack is really fantastic, and contributed a lot to the excellence of the anime. The manga would have neither this, nor the great voice acting...
Even knowing what's coming, the show still does incredible things, precisely because it's a better medium.

Episode 21, for instance, didn't have nearly the impact on the page that it did on screen.

I'd just wait for the next season - the manga doesn't really go anywhere aside from a few
Titan reveals
, but eh...

Plus, it's a monthly series so the wait might be bad for you if you "want more". Also, some of the art in the manga is atrocious - the anime is definitely much better.

Torraz

Even knowing what's coming, the show still does incredible things, precisely because it's a better medium.

Episode 21, for instance, didn't have nearly the impact on the page that it did on screen.

Hah, that was the exact episode I was thinking of!

I'd just wait for the next season - the manga doesn't really go anywhere aside from a few
Titan reveals
, but eh...

Plus, it's a monthly series so the wait might be bad for you if you "want more". Also, some of the art in the manga is atrocious - the anime is definitely much better.

Thanks, guys.

I guess it will be indeed better, to wait.

Hellix

While the anime is great, I thought the manga did some things better, such as some scenes that were covered in the last three episodes.

Titan reveals
, but eh...

Eh, the art is not the best, but I think its quality gets exaggerated a bit. If anyone is really interested in the story, I don't think the art should stop anyone from following it any further.

I started the reading the manga as I can't wait for more episodes. It doesn't stop me from following the story, but some of the art is really bad to me as well. Just reinforces how much I love the way the anime looks.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
To me it's not that the manga looks bad but that the art looks unfinished. Like the author stops midway between sketching and finalizing the drawings, then just inks it as it is. I got used to it pretty quick though.

Articalys

Well, this is somewhat bizarre; a pair of product listings for a Funimation-produced "Attack on Titan, Part 1" BD/DVD set have shown up on Amazon, priced normally like similar releases, but with absolutely no other details, not even a placeholder release date.

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/390323972799082497

Apparently not real, so who knows how those listings got on there. Will probably need to wait until mid-next year for any real solicitations to show up.

jordisok

Finally got round to finishing this at the weekend. Really enjoyed it despite its flaws (namely the forced self reflection bits and the pacing), think its the world that kept me hooked though.

Felt the action sequences, which were actually a high point anyway, really hit another level in the last few episodes, loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom